C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone has a DP combined with AMG PE?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 283 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
Does anyone has a DP combined with AMG PE?

If any of you guys have one, do you mind uploading a video showing the changes to the cracks and burbles?
Old 08-25-2017, 09:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 344 Likes on 206 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
interested as well. i have pe which sounds good. i wonder what wide open sounds like.
Old 08-25-2017, 04:42 PM

Received 113 Likes on 82 Posts
c43 Amg coupe
I bought Weistec downpipes but decided against the install and recently sold them on here. I also had a hard time finding a sound clip but recall someone having them installed and removed in a matter of weeks.. While i know it will be louder i don't think it will actually change the "cracks and burbles". It will just amplify them along with add some unwanted drone...
Old 08-25-2017, 05:50 PM

Received 76 Likes on 48 Posts
2017 AMG c43 coupe
Originally Posted by DVision44
I bought Weistec downpipes but decided against the install and recently sold them on here. I also had a hard time finding a sound clip but recall someone having them installed and removed in a matter of weeks.. While i know it will be louder i don't think it will actually change the "cracks and burbles". It will just amplify them along with add some unwanted drone...
I have posted a video of the awe track exhaust paired with weistec downpipes on my car in the thread where I made the custom rear difuser. It didn't change the pops and crackles, as this is controlled by software. I do not have the PE.
Old 08-25-2017, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 283 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by W205C43AMGCoupe
I have posted a video of the awe track exhaust paired with weistec downpipes on my car in the thread where I made the custom rear difuser. It didn't change the pops and crackles, as this is controlled by software. I do not have the PE.
Yeah I saw yours. I was just looking for the effects of DP combined with PE.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 344 Likes on 206 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
im sure its just loud. its surprising we dont gain that much power on a tune with DP. our stock dp must be pretty big already. The cost and effort and drone for long trips may not be worth the extra 20 horse that dps gain us.
Old 08-28-2017, 02:56 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C43
I had AMG PE + Weistec DP, but removed now. the exhaust pitch would go higher which i don't like. I feel pops and crackles sound better in low pitch. drone happens in comfort mode 2000 rpm.
My phone crashed, so I lost all my clip instead of the one on istagram. PM me if you would like to check.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:14 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 C43. 2006 Ford GT. 2017 Wrangler. 2010 S4
Rather than post a new thread I wanted to bump this one in hopes anyone had an answer? I'm about to pull the trigger on Weistec DP's, and currently have the performance exhaust on my 43. I'm simply assuming it will be better with the downpipes, but I would love to see personal feedback/videos if anybody has anything to share?
Old 06-19-2018, 02:10 PM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 c43 AMG Coupe
I have AWE Track and Weistec DP's. I have a couple videos on youtube below is a link to one.

The downpipes make the car a lot louder and they definitely help amplify crackles and pops. Your software needs to be tuned properly though with these donwpipes as they are catless, and that ECU change is what is going to control the pops and stuff. But obviously having no resonators on the DPs (compared to stock) is going to make the up and downshifts louder. You should see how big the resonators are on the stock downpipes.

The Weistec DP cracked twice for me so far. The first time the bracket broke (my shop re-welded it), and now this time I have a small hairline crack and I am waiting on Weistec to send me a new pipe. They should be shipping it at the end of the week. I can keep you posted on this if you would like.
The following users liked this post:
303_AMG (06-19-2018)
Old 06-19-2018, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by alextoto25
I have AWE Track and Weistec DP's. I have a couple videos on youtube below is a link to one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seQOtUwD0pw

The downpipes make the car a lot louder and they definitely help amplify crackles and pops. Your software needs to be tuned properly though with these donwpipes as they are catless, and that ECU change is what is going to control the pops and stuff. But obviously having no resonators on the DPs (compared to stock) is going to make the up and downshifts louder. You should see how big the resonators are on the stock downpipes.

The Weistec DP cracked twice for me so far. The first time the bracket broke (my shop re-welded it), and now this time I have a small hairline crack and I am waiting on Weistec to send me a new pipe. They should be shipping it at the end of the week. I can keep you posted on this if you would like.
Thank you very much for the response! Did you every try the Weistec downpipes with just the performance exhaust, or did you install the AWE exhaust at the same time as the DP's? Also I'm sorry to hear they literally broke on you twice, that's crazy! I actually just ordered a set myself and am having them installed (along with having the ECU tuned) at the end of next week. Not great to hear that they broke although it's good to hear that Weistec is replacing them. I'd definitely love to hear an update whenever you have one, thanks again.
Old 06-19-2018, 04:53 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seQOtUwD0pw

Thank you very much for the response! Did you every try the Weistec downpipes with just the performance exhaust, or did you install the AWE exhaust at the same time as the DP's? It def. sounds good in the vid but I know you mentioned the track exhaust was installed at that point, any chance you have any vids of just the downpipes with the AMG P.E.? Also I'm sorry to hear they literally broke on you twice, that's crazy! I actually just ordered a set myself and am having them installed (along with having the ECU tuned) at the end of next week. Not great to hear that they broke although it's good to hear that Weistec is replacing them. I'd definitely love to hear an update whenever you have one, thanks again.

EDIT: My bad for the double post, was trying to edit my original post and somehow posted twice by mistake.
Old 06-19-2018, 04:56 PM

2017 c43 AMG Coupe
No I ordered the car without the PE because I knew I would go aftermarket so I didnt want to waste the money. You will be happy if you like loud!

Hopefully Weistec will be true to their word and replace. Right now it is annoying as the crack causes it to drone badly when at 2K RPM. I will update you on if they do the right thing and send me new ones.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:07 PM

No I ordered the car without the PE because I knew I would go aftermarket so I didnt want to waste the money. You will be happy if you like loud!

Hopefully Weistec will be true to their word and replace. Right now it is annoying as the crack causes it to drone badly when at 2K RPM. I will update you on if they do the right thing and send me new ones.
For sure that definitely makes sense, I just sent you a PM with another question, thanks for the quick response boss I appreciate it a bunch!
Old 06-19-2018, 05:24 PM

Received 113 Likes on 82 Posts
c43 Amg coupe
Originally Posted by 303_AMG
Rather than post a new thread I wanted to bump this one in hopes anyone had an answer? I'm about to pull the trigger on Weistec DP's, and currently have the performance exhaust on my 43. I'm simply assuming it will be better with the downpipes, but I would love to see personal feedback/videos if anybody has anything to share?
I posted this in another thread. Not my car but I found this on youtube…

The following users liked this post:
303_AMG (06-19-2018)
Old 06-19-2018, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by DVision44
I posted this in another thread. Not my car but I found this on youtube…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_3igKR1CLo
Great find thanks so much!
Old 06-25-2018, 08:58 AM

2017 c43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by 303_AMG
Great find thanks so much!
303_AMG

See my new post on the junk downpipes from Weistec and beware:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...ml#post7487368