C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picked up our 2018 C43 Sedan last night!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 08:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 Corvette GS
Picked up our 2018 C43 Sedan last night!

Well, I'd like to say it was a good experience. After spending 3 hours at the dealer (my wife wanted an extensive walkthrough of all the features, which I understand, as it is her car).... so we head to dinner to meet her parents - it is now 7:30 pm and the dealership is closing.... and the worst rattle I have ever heard in the car is coming from the rear pillar area of the driver's side back seat. Yes, I know no car is perfect and some minor imperfections do need to be fixed at times.

But the car was road tested by the tech at Mercedes before we picked it up. There is NO way that the tech wouldn't have heard that - it was the loudest rattle I have ever heard in any car, any age of the car.

How could the tech let it be delivered in that condition? Needless to say, we are very displeased with Mercedes. Funny how everyone that we talked to there begged for a "10" on their evaluation form... I hate to tell them that nobody is a Bo Derek there, that is for sure! (movie reference for you young people - Bo Derek starred in the movie "10" in the 80's - and the movie title was quite descriptive).....
Old 08-30-2017, 08:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 681 Likes on 536 Posts
c
Originally Posted by Mags44
Well, I'd like to say it was a good experience. After spending 3 hours at the dealer (my wife wanted an extensive walkthrough of all the features, which I understand, as it is her car).... so we head to dinner to meet her parents - it is now 7:30 pm and the dealership is closing.... and the worst rattle I have ever heard in the car is coming from the rear pillar area of the driver's side back seat. Yes, I know no car is perfect and some minor imperfections do need to be fixed at times.

But the car was road tested by the tech at Mercedes before we picked it up. There is NO way that the tech wouldn't have heard that - it was the loudest rattle I have ever heard in any car, any age of the car.

How could the tech let it be delivered in that condition? Needless to say, we are very displeased with Mercedes. Funny how everyone that we talked to there begged for a "10" on their evaluation form... I hate to tell them that nobody is a Bo Derek there, that is for sure! (movie reference for you young people - Bo Derek starred in the movie "10" in the 80's - and the movie title was quite descriptive).....
these cars are riddled with rattles. nature of the beast. Some have had success at the dealership resolving these issues. Some have resorted to DIY.

They get more budget, etc. when they score perfect. Broken system doesn't even work. Rating systems/surveys is a fairly garbage metric when people are so keen on "influencing" the numbers.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 153 Likes on 118 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Get used to rattles... more will show up... have you ever played "whack a mole" ... as you fix one two or 3 more show up
Old 08-30-2017, 09:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Man, I'm getting worried with all these stories on the rattle. I just picked up my sedan on Saturday, but have only really driven it a total of maybe 300km. Only noise I've had so far turned out to be from the Starbucks cups...but I'll be listening really darned close now...

Kind of paranoid :|

My sales guy also did the whole review routine with me...I didn't mind giving them a good review and they actually really went to bat for me.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:12 AM

2018 Corvette GS
Originally Posted by genesisknight
Man, I'm getting worried with all these stories on the rattle. I just picked up my sedan on Saturday, but have only really driven it a total of maybe 300km. Only noise I've had so far turned out to be from the Starbucks cups...but I'll be listening really darned close now...

My sales guy also did the whole review routine with me...I didn't mind giving them a good review and they actually really went to bat for me.
The rattle we have... you don't have to "listen" for it... it is love enough to disrupt normal conversation. In fact, I think a car 1/2 mile ahead of me heard it.......

Not good.
Old 08-30-2017, 01:19 PM
BEH

Audi A6

Just took a C AMG 43 Sedan for a test drive.
Drove over RR Tracks on a secondary road at about 60 KM/hr in Sport + mode.
Absolutely no rattles or clunking.
Ride was firm but not tooth rattling.
Old 08-30-2017, 05:07 PM

2017 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by BEH
Just took a C AMG 43 Sedan for a test drive.
Drove over RR Tracks on a secondary road at about 60 KM/hr in Sport + mode.
Absolutely no rattles or clunking.
Ride was firm but not tooth rattling.
I think I went on 3 or 4 test drives in different C43's (coupes and sedans) and I didn't get a rattle out of any of them.

I wonder if you can track these rattle traps down to being made on a Monday or Friday?
Old 08-30-2017, 11:21 PM

Received 183 Likes on 143 Posts
2017 C43
I think I went on 3 or 4 test drives in different C43's (coupes and sedans) and I didn't get a rattle out of any of them.

I wonder if you can track these rattle traps down to being made on a Monday or Friday?
i heard somewhere, in alabama every day is a monday or a friday... there go the sedans... jk!
Old 08-31-2017, 06:22 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Had our C43 sedan for 10 months, no rattles and ours was a very early build.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 153 Likes on 118 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
I had a really annoying noise coming from the passenger side .. it was so loud and annoying I couldn't take it anymore.. it was ruining the whole experience of the car.... my only choice was to open the door and throw my stupid wife out of the car!
Old 08-31-2017, 08:41 AM
Former Member

Received 94 Likes on 89 Posts
CLS
As they say in Vance, "One man, one pig."
Attached Thumbnails Picked up our 2018 C43 Sedan last night!-img_1207.png  
The following users liked this post:
Grant Hummel (09-01-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 08:55 AM

2017 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by Gungaslow
I had a really annoying noise coming from the passenger side .. it was so loud and annoying I couldn't take it anymore.. it was ruining the whole experience of the car.... my only choice was to open the door and throw my stupid wife out of the car!
I had something similar in my old '91 BMW 535i...thought it was something going on with the exhaust...Had this odd "nagnagnagnagnagnagnagnagnag" sound coming from the right side.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:10 AM
Former Member

Received 94 Likes on 89 Posts
CLS
Somewhere, high above Svalbard, Gunga's mother in law watched with horror and awe as an angry, foot tall man, with a tightly rolled scroll under one arm, hectored a massive polar bear entering a gay Alabama high school drop out bar....the root cause of the infamous Vance rattle, finally!

In an instant, in the brilliant snow-reflected sunlight, the mother in law knew her daughter had, in fact, been listening all those years.

Last edited by removedCFGaccount; 08-31-2017 at 10:30 AM.
Old 08-31-2017, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe

Give it some time. I happens over time. My car was quiet as a mouse for the first 2000km.
Old 09-01-2017, 09:54 AM

2018 Corvette GS
A quick update.... took our car in the next day. Actually, the dealer picked up the car at my wife's place of work... fixed the rattle (a fastener holding up a panel above the back seat was not installed properly at the factory). MB dealer was nothing but gracious in fixing the issue. The also filled the trunk with Mercedes gifts - keychains, throw blankets and winter floor mats, among other things.

They stepped up and took care of the problem. Obviously we were very disappointed the night of delivery, but they were great after we brought the problem to their attention. Thank you MB Dealer!
The following users liked this post:
Grant Hummel (09-01-2017)
Old 09-01-2017, 04:35 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
C450
Originally Posted by Mags44
A quick update.... took our car in the next day. Actually, the dealer picked up the car at my wife's place of work... fixed the rattle (a fastener holding up a panel above the back seat was not installed properly at the factory). MB dealer was nothing but gracious in fixing the issue. The also filled the trunk with Mercedes gifts - keychains, throw blankets and winter floor mats, among other things.

They stepped up and took care of the problem. Obviously we were very disappointed the night of delivery, but they were great after we brought the problem to their attention. Thank you MB Dealer!
WTF? I've taken my car in more than a half dozen times for issues and haven't received a single gift other than a soda out in the waiting room.