Sponsored by:

C43 Cabriolet with EC tune - 12.4 @ 110.5 mph

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 04:47 AM

Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Cabriolet Black/Cranberry Red
Originally Posted by sliqdaddy91
I haven't been active on this thread but have seen some AMR and OE trap speeds. To my knowledge, AMR has produced the fastest C450/43 to date with that 118mph trap speed.

That was a stage 2 tune, with aftermarket downpipes on a stock cat-back exhaust. That is quick.

A gentleman from Canada had posted his Stage 1 OE tune on his c400 that showed an improvement from 105 (stock mph trap speed at the same track) to 116-117 I believe after the tune. I can dig up the thread at another time.

Those are two proven times from OE and AMR. I don't know weather conditions but to the say the least, those trap speeds are impressive.

A few months ago there was a 11.8 Quarter mile run from what I have gathered is a Eurocharged car (based on a thread created months ago about an EC car running 11.8). The mod list included dowpipes, intake, a 50 shot of nitrous and the Eurocharged tune. The video is below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHDy_vlKsY0

In the comment section of that same video, the uploader commented that the run included the 50 wet shot of Nitrous and indicates what he trapped. This would make sense, as Eurocharged seems to trap around 110-112, with the 50 shot taking the trap speed up to 116 mph or so.

Again, I don't know weather conditions, but from seeing all data and taking it as words on a page...it does seem OE and AMR have produced the fastest mph trap speeds.

Enjoying this thread though, keep up the banter folks, as we all know, numbers do not lie.

Fwiw, to me it seems the C450/43 traps around 108 stock. I believe that number is safe to say. Roughly 100 whp gains would be needed to see 118 trap speeds. AMR and OE claim around the same whp gains, I believe Eurocharged doesn't claim such numbers. AMR and OE have backed up those claims, and so has Eurocharged (based on their claimed gains). Frankly, numbers claimed don't matter though, only trap speeds do.

One company could be using a dynojet the other a mustang dyno (google to see the difference). The gentleman who posted the slip of his AMR tune also showed a dyno reading of 420 whp and 510 wtq. Baseline dynos of c450/43 at AMR are around 300 whp if I remember correctly. That's a 120 whp difference, and is reflected in trap speed.

Correct me if I am wrong but on the EC site, they say roughly 50 whp increase post tune on their dyno (cost of $1200), that is 340 whp to ~390. That would probably put the EC tune around 112-113 mph with a good launch and the right weather. 108 trap speed plus 50 or so whp would see around 112-113 traps, add another 50 crank or 40 or so wheel horsepower from a 50 shot of nitrous and boom, 116.

As mentioned previously, downpipes to my knowledge do open up the exhaust flow but I have yet to see a reputable chart showing the actual wheel horsepower gains. From what I have read based on those who have the units, the car gets much louder, and I further assume the gains aren't that substantial since we have a relatively free flowing exhaust system from the factory. At the end of the day a c400 sounds a bit different than a c450 from the factory and that is probably due to a more free flowing turbo-back system to give the cars a "racing" sound. Some guys on here have said 30whp gains with downpipes and a tune, but I haven't seen any charts, just faulty butt dynos.
Thanks for the thorough post.

Youre off on the HP numbers - I put down 80whp and 100wtq over stock on the dynojet. This tune will trap 115mph in a sedan when you take away the 460lbs. Dyno aside (because we know that varies based on dyno) - this tune on a sedan will run a 12.0 flat or possibly break into 11's. On average they say 100lbs is 0.1 in the quarter.

Down pipes make more than 10whp. There isn't an AMR sedan trapping higher than 115 with a stage 1 and the person above trapped 118 on their stage 2 - this is just common sense. OE on the other hand may be argued as the fastest as its trapped 116 on a stage 1.

To be fair, using the C43 on nos, etc as an example is a bit unjust. Who know's whats going on there - and pretty fair to agree a 116 trap for a car with a tune, down pipes and NOS is considerably slow. Maybe it's driver, climate, or maybe he has a dyno tune and not off the shelf so we're not comparing the product the rest of us would purchase.

Last edited by threefirs; 09-28-2017 at 10:05 AM.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:54 AM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
I haven't been active on this thread but have seen some AMR and OE trap speeds. To my knowledge, AMR has produced the fastest C450/43 to date with that 118mph trap speed.

That was a stage 2 tune, with aftermarket downpipes on a stock cat-back exhaust. That is quick.

A gentleman from Canada had posted his Stage 1 OE tune on his c400 that showed an improvement from 105 (stock mph trap speed at the same track) to 116-117 I believe after the tune. I can dig up the thread at another time.

Those are two proven times from OE and AMR. I don't know weather conditions but to the say the least, those trap speeds are impressive.

A few months ago there was a 11.8 Quarter mile run from what I have gathered is a Eurocharged car (based on a thread created months ago about an EC car running 11.8). The mod list included dowpipes, intake, a 50 shot of nitrous and the Eurocharged tune. The video is below.

In the comment section of that same video, the uploader commented that the run included the 50 wet shot of Nitrous and indicates what he trapped. This would make sense, as Eurocharged seems to trap around 110-112, with the 50 shot taking the trap speed up to 116 mph or so.

Again, I don't know weather conditions, but from seeing all data and taking it as words on a page...it does seem OE and AMR have produced the fastest mph trap speeds.

Enjoying this thread though, keep up the banter folks, as we all know, numbers do not lie.

Fwiw, to me it seems the C450/43 traps around 108 stock. I believe that number is safe to say. Roughly 100 whp gains would be needed to see 118 trap speeds. AMR and OE claim around the same whp gains, I believe Eurocharged doesn't claim such numbers. AMR and OE have backed up those claims, and so has Eurocharged (based on their claimed gains). Frankly, numbers claimed don't matter though, only trap speeds do.

One company could be using a dynojet the other a mustang dyno (google to see the difference). The gentleman who posted the slip of his AMR tune also showed a dyno reading of 420 whp and 510 wtq. Baseline dynos of c450/43 at AMR are around 300 whp if I remember correctly. That's a 120 whp difference, and is reflected in trap speed.

Correct me if I am wrong but on the EC site, they say roughly 50 whp increase post tune on their dyno (cost of $1200), that is 340 whp to ~390. That would probably put the EC tune around 112-113 mph with a good launch and the right weather. 108 trap speed plus 50 or so whp would see around 112-113 traps, add another 50 crank or 40 or so wheel horsepower from a 50 shot of nitrous and boom, 116.

As mentioned previously, downpipes to my knowledge do open up the exhaust flow but I have yet to see a reputable chart showing the actual wheel horsepower gains. From what I have read based on those who have the units, the car gets much louder, and I further assume the gains aren't that substantial since we have a relatively free flowing exhaust system from the factory. At the end of the day a c400 sounds a bit different than a c450 from the factory and that is probably due to a more free flowing turbo-back system to give the cars a "racing" sound. Some guys on here have said 30whp gains with downpipes and a tune, but I haven't seen any charts, just faulty butt dynos.
Finally someone that makes sense.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by getmercd
Finally someone that makes sense.
You mean, finally someone that agrees with you. He think's my trap would only increase by 2-3MPH with shedding almost 500lbs moving into a sedan. If this sounds logical to you, it will be extremely hard to get through the rest of this thread..
Old 09-28-2017, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 676 Likes on 533 Posts
c

It's not exactly that simple but over simplifying does help make sense of everything.

Weather/altitude has been neglected thus far. And you can't discredit the huge disparity in weight between a coupe and a sedan. Like the OP has stated the difference between a cab and a sedan, sans pano roof, is huge. 460 pounds according to MB specs..

I'd like to see two adults hop in the back of someones sedan trapping 118 MPH and see how his time is altered, to give a bit more perspective...
The following users liked this post:
threefirs (09-28-2017)
Old 09-28-2017, 02:34 PM

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
C450 AMG
I wasn't discrediting OP's 12.4 at 110.5. I acknowledge the weight difference. I was merely mentioning the tunes I have seen, and the numbers they have produced.

Alexas, of course I am oversimplifying it.

It's called bench racing when one uses IF statements while talking numbers. To say if my car was this, or if my car was that, it would trap this is childish. The bottom line is take your car to the track and see what it traps. Whatever the reason may be, OPs car traps 110.5, and that is set in stone.

I have yet to see Eurocharged, on any setup, show a 118 mph trap speed. I encourage anyone out there with a Eurocharged set-up similar to the 118 AMR car to post a slip. That is, downpipes, stage 2, stock cat-back exhaust + tune.

I'm not here to debate who has the best tune. Let the slips do the talking, and so far I have only seen OE and AMR slips put up big numbers. That's all I am saying. Too many hypothetical if and then's are being thrown around.

Just run it 1320 feet and show us the slip. Mention weather, and weight and people who are sensible will put together the rest.

Last edited by sliqdaddy91; 09-28-2017 at 02:37 PM.
Old 09-28-2017, 02:54 PM

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts
X3 M40i

Thank you for finally putting to rest the EC claim of 11.8 on just a tune and downpipes. Either the guy lied to EC or EC didn't really pay attention or something. I also saw that you questioned the original owner of the 11.8 quartermile and he did confirm that he used a 50 shot of NOS after the 60'.

For someone like with downpipes waiting on to select a tune, it seems like OE and AMR seems to be the top choices now until someone goes to the the track with a full EC tune and downpipes to verify traps and times. I hate to say it, but a c450 running 118+ traps is pretty fast considering the C43 has better gearing. I would love to see what a C43 with AMR tune with same weather conditions and a good launch can do.
Old 09-28-2017, 03:01 PM

Worth mentioning that the time slip AMR posts on their website here:

http://shop.amrperformance.com/2017/...amg-goes-12-2/

Is actually a stage 2 tune with weistec downpipes - see for proof here:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ml#post6945058

AMR posts this stage 2 in a c43 12.228 @ 115mph as advertising for their tune.

Also, here's this post with one of the AMR fanboys mentioning he got the tune because he saw this C450 Stage 1 AMR running a 12.2 @ 112.9MPH.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...ml#post7178606

You going to tell me the C43 traps 5MPH higher than the C450 on an AMR tune? If he reduced his 60' foot by one tenth of a second, is he going to trap 5MPH higher?

Slips do prove everything but we have slips from every tuner - simple mathematics and physics can you tell you that they're all pretty much equal in similar car setups. The gained dyno numbers are all varying because they're on different dynos.

Last edited by threefirs; 09-28-2017 at 03:07 PM.
Dr.b (09-28-2017)
Old 09-28-2017, 03:20 PM

X3 M40i
Originally Posted by threefirs
Worth mentioning that the time slip AMR posts on their website here:

http://shop.amrperformance.com/2017/...amg-goes-12-2/

Is actually a stage 2 tune with weistec downpipes - see for proof here:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ml#post6945058

AMR posts this stage 2 in a c43 12.228 @ 115mph as advertising for their tune.

Also, here's this post with one of the AMR fanboys mentioning he got the tune because he saw this C450 Stage 1 AMR running a 12.2 @ 112.9MPH.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...ml#post7178606

You going to tell me the C43 traps 5MPH higher than the C450 on an AMR tune? If he reduced his 60' foot by one tenth of a second, is he going to trap 5MPH higher?

Slips do prove everything but we have slips from every tuner - simple mathematics and physics can you tell you that they're all pretty much equal in similar car setups. The gained dyno numbers are all varying because they're on different dynos.
I wouldn't discount your car and math but there are just too many variables to determine actual traps. It would be better if someone could go to a track with EC Stage 2 and downpipes in a sedan c450/c43 to compare the other c450/c43 sedan times.

I have a GLC43 which actually weighs less than your Cab at 4145lbs. It's safe to say that whatever times your are running, I should be similar to you though I would have more coefficent drag being an SUV. That may even be questionable as the C63S goes 0-60 in 3.9secs per Mercedes, and Mercedes has also published the GLC63S at 3.8 secs. I am splitting hairs here but the GLC63S doesn't seem to be that hampered by it's center of gravity.

I want the best tune especially for my weight, so I still would like to see more test results for EC.
threefirs (09-28-2017)
Old 09-28-2017, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 345 Likes on 206 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
if eurocharged, oe tuning, and amr, each send me a stage 1 tune for my 17 c43, I will take each to the track and local dyno and end this madness. I will buy the one that performs best overall. winner takes all. hehe

getting my stock car dyno soon to get a baseline.
threefirs (09-28-2017)
Old 09-28-2017, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by DameMD
I wouldn't discount your car and math but there are just too many variables to determine actual traps. It would be better if someone could go to a track with EC Stage 2 and downpipes in a sedan c450/c43 to compare the other c450/c43 sedan times.

I have a GLC43 which actually weighs less than your Cab at 4145lbs. It's safe to say that whatever times your are running, I should be similar to you though I would have more coefficent drag being an SUV. That may even be questionable as the C63S goes 0-60 in 3.9secs per Mercedes, and Mercedes has also published the GLC63S at 3.8 secs. I am splitting hairs here but the GLC63S doesn't seem to be that hampered by it's center of gravity.

I want the best tune especially for my weight, so I still would like to see more test results for EC.

Yah, it's good to do your due diligence. There is really not enough solid info out and to be fair, even some of the time slips are questionable lol. Good luck figuring out what's best!
Old 09-28-2017, 03:33 PM

X3 M40i
Originally Posted by Star4life
if eurocharged, oe tuning, and amr, each send me a stage 1 tune for my 17 c43, I will take each to the track and local dyno and end this madness. I will buy the one that performs best overall. winner takes all. hehe

getting my stock car dyno soon to get a baseline.
Not sure if I would even do that unless you got 3 different ECUs. I had a tune from EC in my previous car and I didn't like it, so I flashed it back to stock, and then went to a local dealer for OE tune as they were more aggressive and my ECU was not happy with me. I dealt with the issues but I told myself with this GLC, I am only doing this once.

That's why I would like to get the best results from one tuner and call it a day.
Old 09-28-2017, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 345 Likes on 206 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by DameMD
Not sure if I would even do that unless you got 3 different ECUs. I had a tune from EC in my previous car and I didn't like it, so I flashed it back to stock, and then went to a local dealer for OE tune as they were more aggressive and my ECU was not happy with me. I dealt with the issues but I told myself with this GLC, I am only doing this once.

That's why I would like to get the best results from one tuner and call it a day.

i am not sure why flashing the same ecu with different tunes would cause an issue. were you having issues when you went back to stock? If not, maybe the second tuner still had bugs in teh tune.
Old 09-29-2017, 07:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 153 Likes on 118 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
I have to admit, I believe the Eurocharged tune is better at Christmas time now that I think about it.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Gungaslow
I have to admit, I believe the Eurocharged tune is better at Christmas time now that I think about it.
Go away
Old 09-29-2017, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 sedan
Don’t you want to know why I have realized Eurocharged is better at Christmas?
Old 09-29-2017, 08:04 PM
Former Member

Received 94 Likes on 89 Posts
CLS
Originally Posted by Gungaslow
Don’t you want to know why I have realized Eurocharged is better at Christmas?
The guy is a hoser and a tax cheat so let him twist in the wind.

I’ll bite: why?
Old 09-29-2017, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 sedan
Because it makes the c43 dash light up like a Christmas tree with all the cels it triggers!!! Another cost saving of Eurocharged tune...free decorations!!
removedCFGaccount (09-29-2017)
Old 09-29-2017, 11:44 PM
Former Member

Received 94 Likes on 89 Posts
CLS
Ha, ha! A freakin hoser’s Christmas in the hood. I love it and so do the boys in Churchill.

I wonder if they are still working on the direct polar bear methane injector?
Attached Thumbnails C43 Cabriolet with EC tune - 12.4 @ 110.5 mph-607f6e29-ad02-48fd-9ca6-b2eed249c1eb.jpeg  

Last edited by removedCFGaccount; 09-29-2017 at 11:48 PM.