Advice on exterior color-C43 Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 02:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Audi S5
Advice on exterior color-C43 Coupe

Hi guys,
I’m a new member on this forum but used to come browse once in a while.
So the lease on my 2014 Audi S5 is up this May and since I don’t like their new platform and the fact that there's no Black Optic package available at this time I started to look into the C43 Coupe..
Test drove the car and absolutely love it!
My biggest dilemma was paint color. Since I already had 2 white cars and my Audi was Black I was debating between Brilliant Blue, Selenite Grey Metallic and Magno Matte. Since that will be my daily car and I live in Canada (where we get LOTS of snow, therefore salt on cars) I’m leanings towards Selenite Grey Metallic.
However I found that color a little « mature » looking but with proper mods (spacers,caliper painted,etc) I think the car will look decent.
Afterward to have a more unique look I want to get it wrap either Nardo Grey (not matte) or Black Satin like the S in the pictures below.
What do you guys like best?
thanks in advance!

Last edited by mv007amg; 01-28-2018 at 02:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
AMG C43 3LV6 (10-29-2020)
Old 01-27-2018, 03:03 PM

Received 113 Likes on 82 Posts
c43 Amg coupe
Black Satin looks great! I just recently got the Gray Magno. Awesome color! I wouldn't let the weather scare you from it. My black paint was more difficult to maintain and often looked dirty with the salt here in NJ winters. You'll have to take the same care measures with the Black Satin wrap and the magno paint is actually really easy to take care of and surprisingly durable. Just no more automatic car washes (which ruin your paint anyway). Nardo looks great but reminds me of Audi's Rs5 IMO.

Last edited by DVision44; 01-27-2018 at 03:14 PM.
Old 01-27-2018, 03:42 PM

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
C43 AMG Coupe
Great Choices, I agree mostly with the first poster except for washing your car, wash it how you want, soap and water isn’t going to damage the paint, just dry your car haha.

Anyways, a couple of things: Unless you pick the blacks, Mercedes paints are eye catching as it is. the Magno is nice but for the money you are getting a slightly more “velvet” look that is going to look similar to the other paints. I personally have the selenite grey and in the light it has a great shine and even a velvet type sheen. If you want your paint to really stand out, the wrap option is more for that purpose. However I will say the selenite grey Magno will get you the same effect as a wrap and if the matte look (I know that’s not quite what you want) is something your going for that’s a great choice. Long winded, but I like my selenite grey. It’s not the boring lighter silver, it’s not the basic black, it’s the perfect middle ground for me.
Old 01-27-2018, 03:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 C43 Sedan
Man I love the wheels on that silver one...any idea what they are?
Old 01-27-2018, 04:18 PM

Audi S5
Indeed the Nardo do look like an RS5 LOL
Regarding the Magno Matte paint my concern is that is if It get stone chip or damages it will be much cheaper to fix if its wrap , plus the color I will choose will be a different than OEM so more Unique.
Here’s a C43 in Black Satin.

Originally Posted by DVision44
Black Satin looks great! I just recently got the Gray Magno. Awesome color! I wouldn't let the weather scare you from it. My black paint was more difficult to maintain and often looked dirty with the salt here in NJ winters. You'll have to take the same care measures with the Black Satin wrap and the magno paint is actually really easy to take care of and surprisingly durable. Just no more automatic car washes (which ruin your paint anyway). Nardo looks great but reminds me of Audi's Rs5 IMO.
Old 01-27-2018, 04:29 PM

Audi S5
Indeed the Nardo do look like an RS5 Lol
For the Magno Matte Paint my only concerns is that it will definitely be more costly to fix (if I get stone chip or get damaged) than if its wrapped.
My Brilliant Black Audi was such a pain in the butt to keep nice and clean!!
I also find that getting the car wrap will allow me to have a more unique color.
Is more pics of a C43 wrapped in Satin Black

Originally Posted by DVision44
Old 01-27-2018, 04:42 PM

Audi S5
Completely agreed, the colors Mercedes offering are all eyes catching! So much that for first time ever I can’t decide on the color ! Even their Iridium Silver and Diamond Silver look good with Night package.
These pictures of S63 Selenite Grey Metallic kind of convinced me. I’m planning to achieve similar look on the car I will get.

Originally Posted by FirstMBAMG
Great Choices, I agree mostly with the first poster except for washing your car, wash it how you want, soap and water isn’t going to damage the paint, just dry your car haha.

Anyways, a couple of things: Unless you pick the blacks, Mercedes paints are eye catching as it is. the Magno is nice but for the money you are getting a slightly more “velvet” look that is going to look similar to the other paints. I personally have the selenite grey and in the light it has a great shine and even a velvet type sheen. If you want your paint to really stand out, the wrap option is more for that purpose. However I will say the selenite grey Magno will get you the same effect as a wrap and if the matte look (I know that’s not quite what you want) is something your going for that’s a great choice. Long winded, but I like my selenite grey. It’s not the boring lighter silver, it’s not the basic black, it’s the perfect middle ground for me.
Old 01-27-2018, 04:49 PM

Received 113 Likes on 82 Posts
c43 Amg coupe
Originally Posted by mv007amg
Indeed the Nardo do look like an RS5 Lol
For the Magno Matte Paint my only concerns is that it will definitely be more costly to fix (if I get stone chip or get damaged) than if its wrapped.
My Brilliant Black Audi was such a pain in the butt to keep nice and clean!!
I also find that getting the car wrap will allow me to have a more unique color.
Is more pics of a C43 wrapped in Satin Black

Nice! I'd go that route. I completely understand the fear of paint chips. I get all my cars wrapped for that reason anyway regardless of color. I put xpel stealth over my magno paint. Save yourself the additional expense and just go with that satin wrap.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C43 AMG Coupe
I have Selenite Grey with the night package and live in the Boston area. Love the look of it and it hides the snow/salt reasonably well in the winter, though that's always a challenge. My last car was all black with standard finish. Looked stunning when clean, but keeping it looking clean was a real challenge during the snowy months.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:20 PM

Audi S5
Glad to hear that since we get LOTS of snow here in Mtl !
Can you send me pictures of your ride, thx

Originally Posted by leojhartiv
I have Selenite Grey with the night package and live in the Boston area. Love the look of it and it hides the snow/salt reasonably well in the winter, though that's always a challenge. My last car was all black with standard finish. Looked stunning when clean, but keeping it looking clean was a real challenge during the snowy months.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:21 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
C43 Cab
Originally Posted by mv007amg
Hi guys,
I’m a new member on this forum but use to come browse once in a while.
So the lease on my 2014 Audi S5 is up this May and since I don’t like their new plaform and the fact that theres no Black Optic package for the time I started to look into the C43 Coupe.
Test drove the car and absolutely love it!
My biggest dilemma was paint color. Since I already had 2 white cars and my Audi was Black I was debating between Brilliant Blue, Selenite Grey metallic and Magno. Since that will be my daily car and I live in Canada (where get LOTS of snow, therefore salt on cars) I’m leanings towards Selenite Grey Metallic.
However I found tha color a little « mature » looking but with propper mods (spacers,caliper painted,etc) I think the car will look decent.
Afterward to have a more unique look I want to get it wrap either Nardo Grey (not matte) or Black Satin like the S in the pictures below.
Whay do you guys like best?
thanks in advance!

You can make a case for any color. At one point or another I considered them all. I fell back on experience. I have owned white and black cars. Both colors look great when clean and polished, but my metallic grey Jaguar looked better more often because it looked good even when it had been driven hard and put away wet, so I went with the Senior Grey, no regrets but occasionally I look at the blue and wonder if I made the right choice.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:31 PM

Audi S5
Brilllant Blue is really stunning, just scare personally to get fed up of the color.
I saw one around the holidays that was lowered, with yellow calipers, black out emblems and dark tint and the car was to die for!!
For a sec I actually thought it was c63s