What's up with all these tuners? - MBWorld.org Forums

Notices

What's up with all these tuners?

Reply

 
 
Old 02-13-2018, 01:50 PM
  #1
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Range Rover
What's up with all these tuners?

so if you go to most of the tuners websites they have a baseline for the c450/c43 and it's no where close to what baseline numbers should be for a 362/384 car.
Eurochatged and AMR show baseline numbers that aren't even close to what Mercedes has rated. So how can you trust their after numbers?
This goes for other tuners too so not just singling out one or two tuners
Cartman417 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:55 PM
  #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Toronto
Posts: 291
Thanked 50 Times in 41 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Cabriolet Black/Cranberry Red
Originally Posted by Cartman417 View Post
so if you go to most of the tuners websites they have a baseline for the c450/c43 and it's no where close to what baseline numbers should be for a 362/384 car.
Eurochatged and AMR show baseline numbers that aren't even close to what Mercedes has rated. So how can you trust their after numbers?
This goes for other tuners too so not just singling out one or two tuners
You make absolutely no sense. I was physically there when my car was baselined - MB under-rates the power in marketing material. The cars are putting down good power stock.
threefirs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:59 PM
  #3
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Range Rover
Ok well then maybe that's it? Seeing baseline of 344 but mb says 362 at fly makes me wonder

what we're your before and after numbers? Wouldn't have a graph you could post?



Originally Posted by threefirs View Post
You make absolutely no sense. I was physically there when my car was baselined - MB under-rates the power in marketing material. The cars are putting down good power stock.
Cartman417 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 02:00 PM
  #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Toronto
Posts: 291
Thanked 50 Times in 41 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Cabriolet Black/Cranberry Red
threefirs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 02:14 PM
  #5
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Range Rover

Is that the v2 tune? Damn 500lbs of torque would bring me back to my 335i days
do you work for eurochatged

Originally Posted by threefirs View Post
Cartman417 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 02:15 PM
  #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Toronto
Posts: 291
Thanked 50 Times in 41 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Cabriolet Black/Cranberry Red
Originally Posted by Cartman417 View Post

Is that the v2 tune? Damn 500lbs of torque would bring me back to my 335i days
do you work for eurochatged
That dyno is V3 vs stock. I haven't run the car at the track in V3 yet, only V2.
threefirs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 06:54 PM
  #7
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Massachusetts USA
Posts: 1,137
Thanked 99 Times in 83 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
This is a dyno dynamics ..AMR whp stock for a c43 is around 300whp... I know Eurocharged Orlando has a dyno jet that reads stock whp at 287whp... then Eurocharged Canada has stock whp for the c43 at 322whp... you can’t compare readings vs different dynos.... only differences on the same graph.
Gungaslow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 06:56 PM
  #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Toronto
Posts: 291
Thanked 50 Times in 41 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Cabriolet Black/Cranberry Red
Originally Posted by Gungaslow View Post
This is a dyno dynamics ..AMR whp stock for a c43 is around 300whp... I know Eurocharged Orlando has a dyno jet that reads stock whp at 287whp... then Eurocharged Canada has stock whp for the c43 at 322whp... you canít compare readings vs different dynos.... only differences on the same graph.
You're right, except that baseline dyno from AMR is from the car that had issues from mbworld.. AMR's cars also baseline dyno 330.
threefirs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 06:59 PM
  #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Toronto
Posts: 291
Thanked 50 Times in 41 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Cabriolet Black/Cranberry Red
Just goes to show you how shady they are. Here's the proof: https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...ml#post7367501

Originally Posted by SkitsVersus
UPDATE

Dealer ordered both driver and passenger side exhausts and installed them. Codes were cleared and car has been running fine without any issues. Tune feels great. No complaints so far...

As you can see, even the update from the dealer proved to solve the issue I was having, loss of power from the first base pull to the second after update.
threefirs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:09 PM
  #10
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Range Rover
So again do you work for eurocharged? Lol
Cartman417 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:10 PM
  #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Toronto
Posts: 291
Thanked 50 Times in 41 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Cabriolet Black/Cranberry Red
Originally Posted by Cartman417 View Post
So again do you work for eurocharged? Lol
No, I don't.
threefirs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:17 PM
  #12
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Massachusetts USA
Posts: 1,137
Thanked 99 Times in 83 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Shady?? Lol .. let’s not start doing that again.. Eurocharged shows the baselines from there Orlando location because they have a low reading dyno.. but they advertise there peak gains from Canada .. lol.. that’s funny
Gungaslow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:18 PM
  #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Toronto
Posts: 291
Thanked 50 Times in 41 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Cabriolet Black/Cranberry Red
Originally Posted by Gungaslow View Post
Shady?? Lol .. letís not start doing that again.. Eurocharged shows the baselines from there Orlando location because they have a low reading dyno.. but they advertise there peak gains from Canada .. lol.. thatís funny
That's both funny and ironic. You must've missed 3 posts up where the baseline/tune was mine. How much does AMR pay you to defend them with your slow *** car?
threefirs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:26 PM
  #14
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Massachusetts USA
Posts: 1,137
Thanked 99 Times in 83 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Where is the kid from Facebook that had AMR v2 tune that went to Eurocharged Orlando to get the v3 only to find out he made the same power he already had? Lol.. where’s his post?
Gungaslow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:33 PM
  #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Toronto
Posts: 291
Thanked 50 Times in 41 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Cabriolet Black/Cranberry Red
Originally Posted by Gungaslow View Post
Where is the kid from Facebook that had AMR v2 tune that went to Eurocharged Orlando to get the v3 only to find out he made the same power he already had? Lol.. whereís his post?
AMR deleted that post. You know, since they're admins of the FB group lol. Apparently he made 380WHP and 430WTQ from AMR, and 428WHP and 501WTQ with EC. I'm waiting on a graph for confirmation..
threefirs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:38 PM
  #16
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Massachusetts USA
Posts: 1,137
Thanked 99 Times in 83 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Wow he’s making more than you now? I can’t believe it.. that’s great.. they must have turned up the the parameters on there dyno for the day
Gungaslow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:44 PM
  #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Toronto
Posts: 291
Thanked 50 Times in 41 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Cabriolet Black/Cranberry Red
Talking

Originally Posted by Gungaslow View Post
Wow heís making more than you now? I canít believe it.. thatís great.. they must have turned up the the parameters on there dyno for the day
LOL.. yah, and let me guess, it was turned down when they dyno'd the ****ty tune he rolled in with?
threefirs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:45 PM
  #18
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Massachusetts USA
Posts: 1,137
Thanked 99 Times in 83 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
So you’re telling me baseline for euro charged Orlando is 287WHP. He’s now making 150whp over stock..lol. What did they do an engine swap with the C63s... lol
Gungaslow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:47 PM
  #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Toronto
Posts: 291
Thanked 50 Times in 41 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Cabriolet Black/Cranberry Red
Originally Posted by Gungaslow View Post
So youíre telling me baseline for euro charged Orlando is 287WHP. Heís now making 150whp over stock..lol. What did they do an engine swap with the C63s... lol
You can't really be this dumb, can you? lol. I know you're a troll but unfortunately seem serious at this point. He didn't do a baseline - the 287WHP number is in your head.
threefirs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:47 PM
  #20
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Massachusetts USA
Posts: 1,137
Thanked 99 Times in 83 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
that fishy to me if they baseline at that location at 287 but get the peak gains from your Canada location
Gungaslow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:48 PM
  #21
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Massachusetts USA
Posts: 1,137
Thanked 99 Times in 83 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
It’s actuall on Eurocharged Orlando Facebook page
Gungaslow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:50 PM
  #22
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Massachusetts USA
Posts: 1,137
Thanked 99 Times in 83 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
And the internet.. there this thing called google.. it’s pretty cool... see
Gungaslow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 08:09 PM
  #23
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 177
Thanked 32 Times in 24 Posts
c43 Amg coupe
Originally Posted by threefirs View Post
You're right, except that baseline dyno from AMR is from the car that had issues from mbworld.. AMR's cars also baseline dyno 330.
It's been a while since my other car was tuned last April but it baselined at 300 on AMR's dyno and the car had no issues...
DVision44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DVision44 For This Useful Post:
Gungaslow (02-13-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 08:15 PM
  #24
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Massachusetts USA
Posts: 1,137
Thanked 99 Times in 83 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by DVision44 View Post
It's been a while since my other car was tuned last April but it baselined at 300 on AMR's dyno and the car had no issues...
thanks for the info..good to know.. every car engine will have a little variance 10-12 hp even the same make and model... sometimes some engines are just a cherry and the machine tolerances may be better than others on the same production line...but what Iím trying to point out is that no way a car can base line at 287 on a dyno and go to 428 on a stage 1 tune.. thatís just way out of the ballpark
Gungaslow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 08:28 PM
  #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Toronto
Posts: 291
Thanked 50 Times in 41 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Cabriolet Black/Cranberry Red
Originally Posted by Gungaslow View Post


thanks for the info..good to know.. every car engine will have a little variance 10-12 hp even the same make and model... sometimes some engines are just a cherry and the machine tolerances may be better than others on the same production line...but what Iím trying to point out is that no way a car can base line at 287 on a dyno and go to 428 on a stage 1 tune.. thatís just way out of the ballpark
You're basically saying one thing and contradicting it a minute later. Who said the car did 287 baseline dyno? The two dyno pulls are AMR, and then EC with massive difference.
threefirs is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: