C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 C43 AMG order - status, options, pics etc

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 01-07-2019, 03:16 PM

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts
2019 AMG C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by aniqmatic
The US and Canadian builds are different? I don't even have these individual options. They are all bundles in with other specs under a few "packages". Clever on their part if this is the case.

E.g. I got selenite grey with AMG Drivers package, premium package, technology package, intelligent drive package, bi color rims, dark ash trim, and heads up display. The only thing I didn't get were the leather seats/performance seats and night package.
Must be different, I was able to pick and choose. Didn't want driver assist or multimedia/nav package so just did the parking package separate for sensors and 360 camera etc.
Old 01-07-2019, 03:19 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 C43 Sedan and 2020 Volvo V60 CC
Originally Posted by MVEOVR
Selenite grey, PE, Burmester, parking assist, 18in wheels, ambient lighting. Just very particular and all builds around here seem to have the 19 in wheels w/o some of those other options.
I hear ya, I didn't want a bunch of the drive assist options, etc.

My build - Emerald Green, Designo Saddle Brown interior w/AMG performance seats, heated & cooled seats, PE, Burmester, 18" wheels & Pano roof. I think I would've actually added a few other items but I ordered so early in the process that the DOG didn't list prices for several items and i didn't want a big surprise come time to taking delivery.
Old 01-07-2019, 06:26 PM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
'19 C43 and TBSS
I've still been keeping up even though I have mine. Of course the day after I picked it up I got sick, so the only miles I have under my belt were the couple of miles home.

Hopefully soon, I can break out more than a camera phone and snap some pics to help those of you still waiting!

JasonG
Old 01-07-2019, 09:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 01-07-2019, 10:16 PM

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
C43, GLS450
Anyone still waiting on their orders from mid last year like ACSchnitzersprt and myself? Just want to know we're not alone
Mine was built in September and was supposed to be here in October. It's still currently sitting in Alabama. Theres a ton sitting there that are either waiting service action or who knows.
Old 01-07-2019, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Honda Fit Sport (2019 C43 Sedan on order)
I checked in with my sales associate today. Currently my mid-June 2018 C43 sedan order is scheduled to go into production on 17 January, and SA guestimated arrival at dealership in USA in mid February.

SA also said it will be coming from outside the USA, which surprised me. An earlier status update (November) indicated VPC "52-Vance", which made me think it would be made in Alabama. That November status also listed port 70505, which now I think indicates Port of Brunswick, in Georgia. Wikipedia indicates Mercedes uses Brunswick for exports, not imports, so its unclear. SA thought it would be coming from Germany, but I told him I guessed it would be South Africa if the sedan were in fact being built overseas. Seems my SA doesn't actually know much about where the different models come from, and neither do I. Has anyone else in the USA received a 2019 C43 built in South Africa?
Old 01-08-2019, 01:25 AM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
19 C43 Coupe, XC 60
Originally Posted by gsrhodes
I checked in with my sales associate today. Currently my mid-June 2018 C43 sedan order is scheduled to go into production on 17 January, and SA guestimated arrival at dealership in USA in mid February.

SA also said it will be coming from outside the USA, which surprised me. An earlier status update (November) indicated VPC "52-Vance", which made me think it would be made in Alabama. That November status also listed port 70505, which now I think indicates Port of Brunswick, in Georgia. Wikipedia indicates Mercedes uses Brunswick for exports, not imports, so its unclear. SA thought it would be coming from Germany, but I told him I guessed it would be South Africa if the sedan were in fact being built overseas. Seems my SA doesn't actually know much about where the different models come from, and neither do I. Has anyone else in the USA received a 2019 C43 built in South Africa?
You can find out the bouild location if you have the VIN. 11th Character. The codes are online.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:23 AM

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
2023 AMG EQE 53
You won't have a vin until it goes into production. I doubt that MB would build a car in South Africa and ship it to the US vs build it right here in the US. Why spend the money. The AMG models are not your daily cars that they need to keep making to keep volume up, they can afford to dole them out to dealers and customers. The only reason I can think of a delay like this is that there's something optional on your car that is not available. However, saying that your dealer should be able to find out the reason. As for built cars sitting around in the VPC it could be the same sort of issue, maybe there's an electronic glitch that has to do with an option on the vehicle and they're working on a software fix before they ship. Of course MB is going to be very closed mouth about something like that so the media doesn't get onto it. I do know that sometimes they actually know of a glitch and make the cars anyway to keep production going and fix the issue at a VPC. Too made you're caught up in it because it's a heck of driver car.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:36 AM

2019 AMG C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by jerhu
Mine was built in September and was supposed to be here in October. It's still currently sitting in Alabama. Theres a ton sitting there that are either waiting service action or who knows.
As of this morning mine is still there hanging out as well. Release to carrier status for about 2 weeks now.

Last edited by MVEOVR; 01-08-2019 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Edit: Release to carrier status
Old 01-08-2019, 10:50 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Past: BMW 330ci ZHP '04, Audi S4 '11, VW Touareg TDI '12, BMW 328i '13. Current: 2019 C43 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by Tirgoman
You won't have a vin until it goes into production. I doubt that MB would build a car in South Africa and ship it to the US vs build it right here in the US. Why spend the money. The AMG models are not your daily cars that they need to keep making to keep volume up, they can afford to dole them out to dealers and customers. .
The C43 may be the issue with higher than normal AMG demand since it would be the exception for many of us as daily drivers- its the best of both worlds vehicle. At least for me. I am looking forward to a time when I have a garage kept sunny day fun machine waiting for me, but for now I appreciate having (hopefully soon) a garage kept everyday fun machine.

As of this morning mine is still there hanging out as well. Release to carrier status for about 2 weeks now.
Maybe they are triple checking the vehicle over. My dealer was able to contact the transport- maybe yours can too? Assuming its actually on a truck or train. What about MBUSA Customer Service?

Last edited by ACSchnitzersprt; 01-08-2019 at 10:51 AM. Reason: higher than normal AMG demand
Old 01-08-2019, 12:32 PM

2023 AMG EQE 53
What I meant by the daily driver volume vehicles were the C300, that's their bread and butter volume vehicle in this class. Yes there's a lot of current demand for AMGs but once they build it then it's about turning it into money so they're not just going to keep it sitting around at the VPC to artificially keep demand up. As for a vehicle being held at the VPC, there's got to be a reason, they have money tied up in the vehicle and until it's sold and delivered to a dealer they don't get paid. So they'll be doing their best to get it into the dealer's hands. To me that means there's a reason like an issue related to something on that vehicle. Last month it was the EPA not releasing the vehicles but since all C43s have the same engine it's not that. I think it's something to do with the combination of options on that vehicle that they're doing something with or waiting for something. I bet it's software. Hang in there, it's a great ride.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:37 PM

2023 AMG EQE 53
Anybody notice that the Profile Pics have stopped posting to posts and replies?
Old 01-08-2019, 06:25 PM

I just got word that the arrival of my car has been pushed back yet again...this time to January 22nd. Good grief, this car better be perfect!
Old 01-08-2019, 06:31 PM

2019 AMG C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by Capt Slo
I just got word that the arrival of my car has been pushed back yet again...this time to January 22nd. Good grief, this car better be perfect!
Happen to get a reason why out of any one? My SA and Mb customer service are stumped as well.
Old 01-08-2019, 08:01 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by imperator.mons
I didn't order mine as early as some, but it looks like I will be waiting until March. I ordered my coupe in October and then the dealer called me the first week of December saying that the order was in. I'm guessing they couldn't "order" it until it was released. Still waiting on a VIN and hope March is a good date.

I never went through this with my Audi's or BMW's. Kind of disappointed in this experience so far.
Originally Posted by merlin3008
I feel your pain. Actually the disappointment should be focused on the logistical and supply chain issues, and not the actual order process. From what I can see, the process with Benz, Audi, and BMW are the same. A dealer can't really just order a car like most businesses can from their suppliers. Based on performance and local markets, dealers are assigned allocations or production slots from Mercedes several months in advance. Once those slots are announced, the dealer has a certain amount of time to customize the car before the order is locked in. With cars with more limited runs, there may not be many allocations made to each dealer. That's what happened here. So for example, in August my SA told me that they had an available production slot for the first decade of November. I had until early September to spec my car before MB locked it. The car was built on schedule. It's what happened after production that turned out to be a s**t show. Actually had the same process when I was planning on buying an M2. When the model was announced, my dealer had only three allocations for the first year of production. I gave a deposit to hold that first slot, but ultimately wound up releasing it when I decided the car wasn't for me.

Maybe I should of complained earlier. Got a call from the dealer today and the car just passed through the Panama canal and delivery should be early February. He said that they reconfigured one of the cars meant for their stock. Yeah me!
Old 01-09-2019, 10:13 AM

2019 AMG C43 Sedan
Update on mine for those still waiting: My car has been officially loaded on transport. ETA 1/23/19
The following users liked this post:
Forest Jim (01-10-2019)
Old 01-09-2019, 11:05 AM

Happen to get a reason why out of any one? My SA and Mb customer service are stumped as well.
I've stopped asking questions because it's obvious they don't have answers. At least they're treating me very, very well. I've got the use of an E300 and a few other items thrown in the deal to make me pretty happy, all things considered.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:53 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Past: BMW 330ci ZHP '04, Audi S4 '11, VW Touareg TDI '12, BMW 328i '13. Current: 2019 C43 AMG Sedan
All, it finally happened and I'm thrilled!!!!

My car was delivered Monday and I picked her up on Tuesday. She isn't as shiny as I want since work decided they would use 2018's left over salt for their parking lot during high winds and rain.

Delivery: Shahul and Steve from Euromotors in Germantown, MD- awesome group. This was the best car buying experience. They kept me informed of the delay, empathized with me throughout, and took amazing care of me at the time of delivery. Steve's attention to detail in the car review made me feel very comfortable as a first time Merc owner.

The drive: Coming from my BMW 328xi, this thing felt like it was locked on a track while taking ramps. I got this from my BMW from time to time after taking some driving schools, but never on the ramps I took on my way home from delivery.
The exhaust is amazing. I get a Sh*t eating grin with every cold start. Sometimes I even do a remote start from my office at Lunch just to hear her purr... and to have my co-workers looking with interest since they have yet to know its mine... been parking in a visitors sport since delivery because my normal spot is like a wind tunnel and debris/salt is everywhere out there. Plus, not a lot of visitors means not a lot of risk for bumps.
The 1000K is tough. Merging with the paddles is fun, but being unable to release the furry even in comfort mode is a downer and will be for the next weeks to come.

Digital display is cool- still trying to figure out a lot of the stuff since I don't want to do it while driving, but it really changes the mood and experience of the vehicle at the drop of a hat. Not sure about the Blackberry track pad things on the steering wheel. I am used to a scroll wheel and each physical click meant I was down or up 1. This makes an audible click, but I am still not confident in where the selection is without looking. I suppose this will come with time. An annoyance, especially during winter and without a heated steering wheel option, is I cant use the track pad with gloves. I do use driving gloves during the summer too, so I will have to figure something out- maybe a Michael Jackson thing with 1 glove?

Something that has caught me off guard... the voice commands. Not Siri, but Merc's own voice control. This thing can do everything!! I name a station, it goes. I want a different color ambient lighting, it obliges. I want to turn on my passenger's heated seat so my wife is taken care of- Done. Bonus for the heated seat- the Bimmer had the button within reach for me to turn it on, so sometimes she would notice that I was being sweet. Now there is no doubting she notices! haha Yes- I am saying that this car will improve relationships. The ambient lighting voice stuff could do that too if you change it to some strip club color on a tinder date, I guess.

All and all, great experience and I am super excited to enjoy this car over many years. Thank you to everyone on this forum- you have made waiting, the delay, and the experience a community environment and gotten me through the times when another day has passed without delivery. I want to be sure that I will remain an active user on here to be available for questions, participation, and vent sessions.

Thank you again.

Too many lights on, but a lot of glare when they are off from the DRLs.
MOTM (01-11-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 01:36 PM

2019 AMG C43 Sedan
Looks great, congrats!
Old 01-11-2019, 03:06 PM

Received 131 Likes on 81 Posts
GTC, C43 coupe, GLC 300
Originally Posted by ACSchnitzersprt
All, it finally happened and I'm thrilled!!!!

My car was delivered Monday and I picked her up on Tuesday. She isn't as shiny as I want since work decided they would use 2018's left over salt for their parking lot during high winds and rain.

Delivery: Shahul and Steve from Euromotors in Germantown, MD- awesome group. This was the best car buying experience. They kept me informed of the delay, empathized with me throughout, and took amazing care of me at the time of delivery. Steve's attention to detail in the car review made me feel very comfortable as a first time Merc owner.

The drive: Coming from my BMW 328xi, this thing felt like it was locked on a track while taking ramps. I got this from my BMW from time to time after taking some driving schools, but never on the ramps I took on my way home from delivery.
The exhaust is amazing. I get a Sh*t eating grin with every cold start. Sometimes I even do a remote start from my office at Lunch just to hear her purr... and to have my co-workers looking with interest since they have yet to know its mine... been parking in a visitors sport since delivery because my normal spot is like a wind tunnel and debris/salt is everywhere out there. Plus, not a lot of visitors means not a lot of risk for bumps.
The 1000K is tough. Merging with the paddles is fun, but being unable to release the furry even in comfort mode is a downer and will be for the next weeks to come.

Digital display is cool- still trying to figure out a lot of the stuff since I don't want to do it while driving, but it really changes the mood and experience of the vehicle at the drop of a hat. Not sure about the Blackberry track pad things on the steering wheel. I am used to a scroll wheel and each physical click meant I was down or up 1. This makes an audible click, but I am still not confident in where the selection is without looking. I suppose this will come with time. An annoyance, especially during winter and without a heated steering wheel option, is I cant use the track pad with gloves. I do use driving gloves during the summer too, so I will have to figure something out- maybe a Michael Jackson thing with 1 glove?

Something that has caught me off guard... the voice commands. Not Siri, but Merc's own voice control. This thing can do everything!! I name a station, it goes. I want a different color ambient lighting, it obliges. I want to turn on my passenger's heated seat so my wife is taken care of- Done. Bonus for the heated seat- the Bimmer had the button within reach for me to turn it on, so sometimes she would notice that I was being sweet. Now there is no doubting she notices! haha Yes- I am saying that this car will improve relationships. The ambient lighting voice stuff could do that too if you change it to some strip club color on a tinder date, I guess.

All and all, great experience and I am super excited to enjoy this car over many years. Thank you to everyone on this forum- you have made waiting, the delay, and the experience a community environment and gotten me through the times when another day has passed without delivery. I want to be sure that I will remain an active user on here to be available for questions, participation, and vent sessions.

Thank you again.

Too many lights on, but a lot of glare when they are off from the DRLs.

First off congrats, it looks great! Since the introduction of MBUX everyones been too busy focusing on how great it is (and rightfully so) but the voice commands and assistant in the face-lifted C43 has barely been discussed on here. I too am going from a 328 X-drive to waiting for my C43 coupe to arrive in March so its great to hear you say the voice commands are intuitive and actually work. Does it work similar to MBUX, in that you call out "hello Mercedes" followed by a command? Or how does it work exactly??
Old 01-11-2019, 03:52 PM

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
TBD
I’ve been assuming voice commands were pretty useless since you have to memorize each command — not natural language. Had no idea you could use it to turn on heated seats.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:38 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
2019 AMG C43 Sedan
Congrats! I know it must have been tuff for you to see all of us getting are cars and you still waiting for yours. Finally you get to enjoy!!!!!
Old 01-12-2019, 02:09 AM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Current: 2019 C43 Old: 2016 C450
to all the owners, how do you like the new steering wheel controls? Are they intuitive or difficult to use? For those with the old c43/c450 how do you compare?
Old 01-12-2019, 01:49 PM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
'19 C43 and TBSS
Talking

Originally Posted by evoi19
to all the owners, how do you like the new steering wheel controls? Are they intuitive or difficult to use? For those with the old c43/c450 how do you compare?
Not too bad. It's my first MB and cruise, dash display options, and settings controls from the steering wheel are fairly easy. I think I am mostly used to them after just my couple of drives in it.

Even with babying it during break in it has plenty of power in the lower rpm's. Shifts smooth and fast and is in 9th before you know it.

I skipped the Burm. stereo and my ears must be too old to tell crappy from good because I'm almost satisfied with the base stereo. I'm sure I'll add a subwoofer before it's a year old to just give it a more rounded sound, but it's not too bad to my ears. Note- I also haven't played it loud at all since I wanted to listen to the car and focus on it for now.

I feel exactly what everyone says about the 19" run flats, slightly jarring at times. Not too bad even accounting for WV roads which are known to be similar to someplace that just had a bombing run performed upon it. lol

Regular seats with black leather feel good so far after making some adjustments, which I'm sure I'll tweak a bit more with seat time. Plenty supportive yet comfy for me on my short drives(5-9 200, short legs). I have the standard infotainment system and it looks good and works fine with the controls for a MB noob. Natural grain black ash/aluminum trim looks really nice for a being a base option choice.

Hoping it's a mild winter so that I can get more seat time soon. It's worth the wait!

JasonG
evoi19 (01-14-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63, e350, gl350
I was told that the digital cluster is now apart of multimedia, anyone know if this is true?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2019 C43 AMG order - status, options, pics etc