Sponsored by:

Pulling Trigger Soon, few Q's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 11:31 PM

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts
C 43
Pulling Trigger Soon, few Q's

I've specced out my C43, 2019 in Emerald Green. First MB, I've but I've custom ordered BMW in the past. I always want the options not on the lot...so I'll be ordering and waiting.

A few questions, I've not been able to find via Google Fu or forum creeping....

Performance Exhaust ? Any actual gains ? I don't consider noise a bonus, and in cars with this type of exhaust, I shut them off. I can't find an HP difference anywhere.

Does MB use any sort of fake noise feedback, like the VW Soundakator or how Cadillac/BMW feeds "brum brum" into speakers ? If so, can it be killed ? I drive 30k per year, sometimes four hours in the car....any fake noise is not needed. Caddy won't let you shut it off, and BMW's noise is clearly fake. I once fitted a sport exhaust and resonator delete to a car, and three months later, said "you can have the 5 hp back"......

I use a Valentine One, and am sensitive to the many cars that set them off with falses-any conflicts ? I'm sure there are plenty of V1 users here....Do the various blind spot monitors and safety nannies cause any conflicts ? I'm not getting the full active or parking kits...I find I shut all this off in cars that have them.

Is the AMG performance monitor worthwhile ? I can't find any practical discussion-

I've made one special request to the dealer, who tells me they'll have an answer by Tuesday. I don't like sunroofs, and asked if they can DELETE the sunroof entirely. Anyone else toss a special order at them ? I recall BMW fitted my car with a cloth interior not in the US catalog when I asked-I'm hoping MB will build one for me without sunroof....that one's not a deal breaker.

Thank you everyone !
Old 07-16-2018, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 283 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
You do not consider the Performance Exhaust sound a bonus? Ok. Have you ever driven or heard one? And no AMG fortunately gives us the real deal. No speaker trickery from these cars. Its pure engine and exhaust noise. AMG makes it quite dramatic the way this engine pops, bangs and barks with the performance exhaust. I personally have never met anyone who regretted having this exhaust, as you can just shut the valves off and the car will sound very quiet and normal. But I have seen an enormous amount of people bang their heads because they did not get the car with the performance exhaust. Just don't be that guy, " Can an aftermarket exhaust make my car sound like the ones with PE?", because it won't.

And the sunroof can be automatically hidden by a soft cloth not letting any lights through with a press of a button. I do not know what your idea was but you do not need to see the glass roof all the time. Just put the blinders on.

In my opinion though, seeing your comments, I think this might be the wrong car for you. May be a C300 or may be even a Tesla? Because both of these cars can be as fast or faster without being loud. Just my opinion though.
Old 07-16-2018, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
1. MB does not pump fake sound into the cabin on the W205 C43. That's a BMW thing.

2. The Performance Exhaust is, in my opinion, the single most important option on the C43 (if you like sound).
Old 07-16-2018, 03:07 PM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Saab 900 SET
Is the AMG performance monitor worthwhile ? I can't find any practical discussion-

What is the AMG performance monitor? Is this something built into the car to record 0 to 60 times and similar stuff?
Old 07-16-2018, 04:12 PM

C 43
Originally Posted by munis
You do not consider the Performance Exhaust sound a bonus? Ok. Have you ever driven or heard one? And no AMG fortunately gives us the real deal. No speaker trickery from these cars. Its pure engine and exhaust noise. AMG makes it quite dramatic the way this engine pops, bangs and barks with the performance exhaust. I personally have never met anyone who regretted having this exhaust, as you can just shut the valves off and the car will sound very quiet and normal. But I have seen an enormous amount of people bang their heads because they did not get the car with the performance exhaust. Just don't be that guy, " Can an aftermarket exhaust make my car sound like the ones with PE?", because it won't.

And the sunroof can be automatically hidden by a soft cloth not letting any lights through with a press of a button. I do not know what your idea was but you do not need to see the glass roof all the time. Just put the blinders on.

In my opinion though, seeing your comments, I think this might be the wrong car for you. May be a C300 or may be even a Tesla? Because both of these cars can be as fast or faster without being loud. Just my opinion though.
Thank you for letting me know it's real sound. I've taken a few cars out of the Manhattan Motor Club and dislike the fake noise makers in the BMW M2 and the ATS-V, although there were a lot of favorable points to each car....now I'll consider it.
Old 07-16-2018, 04:14 PM

C 43
Originally Posted by synergize

What is the AMG performance monitor? Is this something built into the car to record 0 to 60 times and similar stuff?
I'm not sure. The information on line and in the sales stuff is not clear. Is it a dash cam with an overlay, like some of the Vettes and Cadillac V series have ? It only works with iPhone, which I have, but I've not found an explanation...
Old 07-18-2018, 06:34 PM

Received 126 Likes on 95 Posts
2018 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by speedlaw
I'm not sure. The information on line and in the sales stuff is not clear. Is it a dash cam with an overlay, like some of the Vettes and Cadillac V series have ? It only works with iPhone, which I have, but I've not found an explanation...
Straight off of mbusa.com, “A new app turns your Apple iPhone® into a virtual personal racing instructor. AMG Track Pace lets you store perfomance data from your vehicle during track driving, such as speed, acceleration, and lap and sector times. It also allows video recording via the phone or with compatible GoPro® cameras. You can analyze the data to help improve your skills, and even share your results and progress via AMG social media channels.”
Old 07-18-2018, 06:55 PM

Received 70 Likes on 56 Posts
2018 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by HTXgearhead

Straight off of mbusa.com, “A new app turns your Apple iPhone® into a virtual personal racing instructor. AMG Track Pace lets you store perfomance data from your vehicle during track driving, such as speed, acceleration, and lap and sector times. It also allows video recording via the phone or with compatible GoPro® cameras. You can analyze the data to help improve your skills, and even share your results and progress via AMG social media channels.”
How'd you get it? i see it online, but can't find it in the app store
Old 07-18-2018, 07:04 PM

C 43
Thanks everyone. Photos of the sport vs non sport exhaust sold the sport, so that's ordered.

Track Pace was ordered on a whim. The treat was seeing the Emerald Green on an E Coupe in the showroom....

Now, we wait.....for Cletus to get to work !
Old 07-18-2018, 10:12 PM

C 43
Originally Posted by @jm_case
You must get the AMG Performance Exhaust, I honestly couldn't allow you to not get it. I'd have to come find you and slap you.

This is clearly the consensus of the Board !

It's like getting a chicken sandwich without the chicken...

Secondly, you will hardly ever use the Track Pace app in the car you're purchasing. It's a cool party trick to have, but unless you're a track warrior it's a waste. That is typically reserved for the full on AMG enthusiast who is burning through tires at Willow with his 63.

Also...Emerald Green...as long as you like it!!

Excited for you! Let me know if you have any questions about the car, options, etc.
The green is darker and shifts to black at some angles. In direct sunlight it's a deep british racing green. I go with colors that don't stand out from the pack, but there's too much grey/silver in this world. Lunar was the first choice until I saw the 2019 book.

The sport exhaust should be standard, especially at the price. True dual exhaust vs. single ? I found photos on this board, thanks to the guys who posted them and even not finding any sort of dyno or other specs, it was clear one was resonant and one carried gases to the rear of the car.

Last edited by speedlaw; 07-18-2018 at 10:21 PM.
The following users liked this post:
@jm_case (07-19-2018)
Old 07-18-2018, 11:50 PM

2018 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by C43Ayemgee
How'd you get it? i see it online, but can't find it in the app store
I don’t have it, just knew there was a description on the C43 builder.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The green is darker and shifts to black at some angles. In direct sunlight it's a deep british racing green. I go with colors that don't stand out from the pack, but there's too much grey/silver in this world. Lunar was the first choice until I saw the 2019 book.

The sport exhaust should be standard, especially at the price. True dual exhaust vs. single ? I found photos on this board, thanks to the guys who posted them and even not finding any sort of dyno or other specs, it was clear one was resonant and one carried gases to the rear of the car.
I am still not getting it. Did you get the performance exhaust or not?
Old 07-19-2018, 11:18 AM

C 43
Originally Posted by munis
I am still not getting it. Did you get the performance exhaust or not?
Yes, the PE is ordered. I'll have that button too !

! It was a nice true dual with a crossover. The base exhaust looked like it belonged in a Camry Solara. Once I knew AMG didn't do the fake noisemakers thing I was much happier.
Old 07-19-2018, 11:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes, the PE is ordered. I'll have that button too !

! It was a nice true dual with a crossover. The base exhaust looked like it belonged in a Camry Solara. Once I knew AMG didn't do the fake noisemakers thing I was much happier.
Good choice! If you do not like the bangs, pops and crackles though, just keep it in sport mode instead of sports+, you will have access to the full horse power without the AMG exhaust flatulence. In sports+ it acts like a very happy barking dog.
Old 07-19-2018, 12:52 PM

2018 C43 sedan
Why should it be standard? Lamborghini, Porsche, Mclaren, Ferrari, and others all have a standard exhaust and a sport exhaust option. And our rivals Audi and BMW offer both as well.

I think its its a great option at a good price, an aftermarket muffler that is similar in design is much more expensive.
Old 07-19-2018, 12:56 PM

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts
2008 C300, 2015 CLA 45 AMG, 2018 SLC 300, 2019 C43 AMG coupe
Hey guys,

speaking of if the exhaust, is there any way to have it in sports plus mode while driving in comfort etc? I know there is an individual setting, but can you have the exhaust note set to exactly how it sounds in sports plus or is it just louder but not quite there?

i had hoped to use in sports plus and also individual worth exhaust in full flatulence mode. Thought I’d ask those who have the car already.

thank you
Old 07-19-2018, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Mayur999
Hey guys,

speaking of if the exhaust, is there any way to have it in sports plus mode while driving in comfort etc? I know there is an individual setting, but can you have the exhaust note set to exactly how it sounds in sports plus or is it just louder but not quite there?

i had hoped to use in sports plus and also individual worth exhaust in full flatulence mode. Thought I’d ask those who have the car already.

thank you
No the car with sound the most brutal when the engine is set to sports+ and exhaust is on. You can have the engine on comfort and have the exhaust open but it would not make the same kind of noises.
The following users liked this post:
Mayur999 (07-20-2018)
Old 07-20-2018, 08:59 PM

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
AMG C43 3LV6
Originally Posted by @jm_case
You must get the AMG Performance Exhaust, I honestly couldn't allow you to not get it. I'd have to come find you and slap you.

It's like getting a chicken sandwich without the chicken...
This ^

Like getting a pizza without any topping.

Going swimming without water.

In fact I would argue that MB should have this as a standard option and just bump up the price so those who dont think its a good option at the time, get it regardless of their stupid decision making process.

Old 07-21-2018, 09:45 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C43 AMG
Originally Posted by AMG C43 3LV6
This ^

Like getting a pizza without any topping.

Going swimming without water.

In fact I would argue that MB should have this as a standard option and just bump up the price so those who dont think its a good option at the time, get it regardless of their stupid decision making process.
love this...SPOT on...Tesla 3 anyone????HAAAAAAAAAA