Notices
C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake system?

 
Old 10-16-2018, 11:52 AM
  #51  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 22
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
10 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Dieseldan9 View Post
have performance exhaust so I am happy with that.

I was considering the DPs but I would need them catted and I am leased so that would be a pain in the *** on return

Plus imo the DPs change the pitch of the exhaust a tingy sound that I do not prefer.

But then again when I bought the car I told myself I was not going to mod it!

So I change my mind all the time
Oh lucky - I bought used so I was at the mercy of the options the original owner purchased lol. From what I've read DPs don't assist with performance with this engine, perhaps i'm wrong? I'm out of warranty starting February so i'll be doing more extensive research up until then to see about getting the car up to 400HP with minimal investment ha ha.

I would be very interested to see what type of Dyno numbers JB4 is giving to an otherwise stock C400 but I feel like i'll have to settle for C450 and C43 results and then lowball by 30-40HP for an idea of what I can expect
Deeyounee is offline  
Old 10-16-2018, 12:15 PM
  #52  
Super Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 625
Thanked 78 Times in 70 Posts
2018 C43 AMG Brilliant Blue Metallic
Originally Posted by Deeyounee View Post
Oh lucky - I bought used so I was at the mercy of the options the original owner purchased lol. From what I've read DPs don't assist with performance with this engine, perhaps i'm wrong? I'm out of warranty starting February so i'll be doing more extensive research up until then to see about getting the car up to 400HP with minimal investment ha ha.

I would be very interested to see what type of Dyno numbers JB4 is giving to an otherwise stock C400 but I feel like i'll have to settle for C450 and C43 results and then lowball by 30-40HP for an idea of what I can expect
Yeah I was looking at a used one also but I was able to grab a car on the lot for only a little more and I was able to get the color I wanted and I was able to go to AMG Driving Academy.

I have heard 10 or so HP from DPs but they do allow for faster spool up and ALOT more noise

Yeah I don't think there will be that much of a difference if you have a JB4 or something our engines are pretty much the same except tuning.

Dieseldan9 is offline  
Old 10-16-2018, 12:20 PM
  #53  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 22
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
10 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Dieseldan9 View Post
Yeah I was looking at a used one also but I was able to grab a car on the lot for only a little more and I was able to get the color I wanted and I was able to go to AMG Driving Academy.

I have heard 10 or so HP from DPs but they do allow for faster spool up and ALOT more noise

Yeah I don't think there will be that much of a difference if you have a JB4 or something our engines are pretty much the same except tuning.
Driving Academy would be awesome! I would like to see more info on DP and if it makes a difference with other mods.

I guess I wasn't really thinking that the engines were the same just a different tune so a JB4 would be able to close that gap and then some.

All this back and forth is getting me really excited to see what the JB4 is capable standalone and with the proper air intake
Deeyounee is offline  
Old 10-16-2018, 12:27 PM
  #54  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: North East
Posts: 355
Thanked 39 Times in 34 Posts
2017 AMG C43, AWE Touring, BMC Air Filters- 2015 BMW X3 3.5i (JB1 Equipped)
Originally Posted by Dieseldan9 View Post
Lazz pretty soon we can terrorize Mass with the intake AND exhaust bangs.

yes sir, definately sounds like a Plan
Lazz83 is offline  
Old 10-20-2018, 01:32 PM
  #55  
Member
 
CA400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: SF BAY AREA
Posts: 179
Thanked 34 Times in 25 Posts
C400
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

We placed the filters in that location for the most air flow. That's where the "negative" pressure occurs and where most of the air flows through and exits once entered from the front.
With the heat shields in place we haven't seen any difference in IAT vs stock, so I don't think that's an issue at all. In fact, I have seen the IATs drop with the intakes vs stock when moving.

How will every day driving be affected by these intakes? I noticed you say "while" the car is moving you have seen lower IAT's. Will being in stop and go traffic or light to light traffic affect street performance? Will the benefits only be heard, felt while the car is moving at higher speeds?

Thank you,

Alex

CA400 is offline  
Old 10-22-2018, 12:24 PM
  #56  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 28 Times in 10 Posts
335,M4,M5
Forgot to post this picture up from last week of the billet c43 flanges. They're all welded onto the pipes and at powder coating, we should have them on the site by the end of the month!


Payam@BMS is offline  
Old 10-22-2018, 12:43 PM
  #57  
Super Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 625
Thanked 78 Times in 70 Posts
2018 C43 AMG Brilliant Blue Metallic
Damn those look great!!
Dieseldan9 is offline  
Old 10-22-2018, 12:58 PM
  #58  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 517
Thanked 64 Times in 57 Posts
17' C43 Coupe
These needs to hurry up and come out already lol.
ShazV6 is online now  
Old 10-22-2018, 01:42 PM
  #59  
Super Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 625
Thanked 78 Times in 70 Posts
2018 C43 AMG Brilliant Blue Metallic
Originally Posted by ShazV6 View Post
These needs to hurry up and come out already lol.
HA they are going to hate me I PM every 2 days!

Word is end of this week or beginning of next.

Can you say EXPRESS ship!
Dieseldan9 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Dieseldan9 For This Useful Post:
b6tbfmp (10-22-2018)
Old 10-23-2018, 01:01 AM
  #60  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Houston
Posts: 389
Thanked 105 Times in 84 Posts
2018 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hey guys, just wanted to chime in and let you guys know that we are currently working on these and it is not a rumor

Right now they are in production and we should have some finalized pictures of the heat shields and intake pipe/flange for you all. I would say ETA end of month until retail release.

So far from initial testing we have seen some gains in response, gas mileage, and power. Oh yea, lets not forget the intoxicating sounds OMG drool. We are looking to get some before and after dynojet numbers, but probably won't have some until later because of the AWD system.

We placed the filters in that location for the most air flow. That's where the "negative" pressure occurs and where most of the air flows through and exits once entered from the front.
With the heat shields in place we haven't seen any difference in IAT vs stock, so I don't think that's an issue at all. In fact, I have seen the IATs drop with the intakes vs stock when moving.

We finally have a tuner on the forum that explains their product!

Looking forward to seeing the finished results.
HTXgearhead is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to HTXgearhead For This Useful Post:
RichardCranium3 (10-23-2018)
Old 10-23-2018, 08:10 AM
  #61  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 346
Thanks: 0
Thanked 34 Times in 30 Posts
2009 C230
Add me to the list of excited people waiting anxiously !
CClement is offline  
Old 10-23-2018, 11:48 AM
  #62  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: North East
Posts: 355
Thanked 39 Times in 34 Posts
2017 AMG C43, AWE Touring, BMC Air Filters- 2015 BMW X3 3.5i (JB1 Equipped)
Originally Posted by Dieseldan9 View Post
have performance exhaust so I am happy with that.

I was considering the DPs but I would need them catted and I am leased so that would be a pain in the *** on return

Plus imo the DPs change the pitch of the exhaust a tingy sound that I do not prefer.

But then again when I bought the car I told myself I was not going to mod it!

So I change my mind all the time

What do you think you will gain by adding DP's? It really is something to consider before dropping that kind of money on DP's not to mention if you should ever happen to get caught running them. There has never been any documented car with a tune & DP's on this board, logging a faster time then Munis' 11.5 1/4 mi, and as far as I know he is only running a custom calibrated JB4. Just something to consider
Lazz83 is offline  
Old 10-23-2018, 12:15 PM
  #63  
Super Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 625
Thanked 78 Times in 70 Posts
2018 C43 AMG Brilliant Blue Metallic
Originally Posted by Lazz83 View Post
What do you think you will gain by adding DP's? It really is something to consider before dropping that kind of money on DP's not to mention if you should ever happen to get caught running them. There has never been any documented car with a tune & DP's on this board, logging a faster time then Munis' 11.5 1/4 mi, and as far as I know he is only running a custom calibrated JB4. Just something to consider
I 100 percent agree that is why I am not considering them anytime soon.

Plan is jb4 intakes H and r and wheels in that order.

I already have vrtuned box and impressed with gain, I know jb4 makes more power so I think and I stress think I will be more than satisfied with the power side when I have them installed

I also can't stress how happy I am to hear some turbo whistle from the intakes.

Will remind of my gsx days!
Dieseldan9 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Dieseldan9 For This Useful Post:
Lazz83 (10-23-2018)
Old 10-23-2018, 12:20 PM
  #64  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 517
Thanked 64 Times in 57 Posts
17' C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Lazz83 View Post
What do you think you will gain by adding DP's? It really is something to consider before dropping that kind of money on DP's not to mention if you should ever happen to get caught running them. There has never been any documented car with a tune & DP's on this board, logging a faster time then Munis' 11.5 1/4 mi, and as far as I know he is only running a custom calibrated JB4. Just something to consider
Not true, Munis is quick for sure but EC has a c43 with down pipes car dynoed 44x whp and ran 11.4 or 11.3 quarter mile. Its somewhere here on the forums but EC has the fastest 43 stock turbos as of now that i am aware of.
ShazV6 is online now  
Old 10-23-2018, 12:33 PM
  #65  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 383
Thanks: 0
Thanked 62 Times in 50 Posts
C43 AMG Coupe
30+hp just from downpipes?

I put down 410 with the Eurocharged tune with everything else stock.
ShakyTom is offline  
Old 10-23-2018, 12:37 PM
  #66  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 16
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C43 AMG
Originally Posted by ShazV6 View Post
Not true, Munis is quick for sure but EC has a c43 with down pipes car dynoed 44x whp and ran 11.4 or 11.3 quarter mile. Its somewhere here on the forums but EC has the fastest 43 stock turbos as of now that i am aware of.
I am debating whether to get JB4 or the EC dp+tune. If Munis is making 11.4 and EC is also makign 11.4 quarter mile. Why go for EC and pay more for the same result?
TorontoC43 is offline  
Old 10-23-2018, 01:41 PM
  #67  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: North East
Posts: 355
Thanked 39 Times in 34 Posts
2017 AMG C43, AWE Touring, BMC Air Filters- 2015 BMW X3 3.5i (JB1 Equipped)
Originally Posted by Dieseldan9 View Post
I 100 percent agree that is why I am not considering them anytime soon.

Plan is jb4 intakes H and r and wheels in that order.

I already have vrtuned box and impressed with gain, I know jb4 makes more power so I think and I stress think I will be more than satisfied with the power side when I have them installed

I also can't stress how happy I am to hear some turbo whistle from the intakes.

Will remind of my gsx days!
That sounds like a good plan, mostly the same as the one I have- I will not do down pipes unless I get like a 60+ hp increase. As a tuner once told me when I was modding my 1993 Toyo MR2 Turbo, downpipes only make a huge difference if the original design was not efficient, in the case of the C43 that does not seem true. Even the stock non PE exhaust on the C43 has a 4" main pipe that the downpipes feed and my tuner was impressed with that.

Last edited by Lazz83; 10-23-2018 at 01:45 PM.
Lazz83 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Lazz83 For This Useful Post:
munis (10-24-2018)
Old 10-23-2018, 01:42 PM
  #68  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 517
Thanked 64 Times in 57 Posts
17' C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by ShakyTom View Post
30+hp just from downpipes?

I put down 410 with the Eurocharged tune with everything else stock.
Do you have PE exhaust?
ShazV6 is online now  
Old 10-23-2018, 01:48 PM
  #69  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 517
Thanked 64 Times in 57 Posts
17' C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by TorontoC43 View Post
I am debating whether to get JB4 or the EC dp+tune. If Munis is making 11.4 and EC is also makign 11.4 quarter mile. Why go for EC and pay more for the same result?
Because with EC you run that every day all day safely opposed to jb4 where that is a certain map only and the tuning is not that involved with a jb4 like a real ecu tune. But if you are ok with not running 11.x consistently then the jb4 is the best option for you. It is an amazing product especially for 4xx bucks.

FYI i will not turn this thread to an EC vs JB4 thread but i ran my friends c43 coupe with PE exhaust i am non PE exhaust ( I am coupe as well) on his map 6 or 7 with race gas (ms109) from 40-120 and i took him by a car and a half to two cars if we kept going higher. Maybe top end is better with a full tune? Idk, just sharing my real world results.

Last edited by ShazV6; 10-23-2018 at 01:54 PM.
ShazV6 is online now  
Old 10-23-2018, 02:22 PM
  #70  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 28 Times in 10 Posts
335,M4,M5
The C43 that I'm working on is actually stacked with eurocharged flash and our Jb4 on e30 blend. Making some crazy power that's for sure, it almost feels like my M4. We're working on better boost control for absolute maps
Payam@BMS is offline  
Old 10-23-2018, 02:25 PM
  #71  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 28 Times in 10 Posts
335,M4,M5
Originally Posted by ShazV6 View Post
Because with EC you run that every day all day safely opposed to jb4 where that is a certain map only and the tuning is not that involved with a jb4 like a real ecu tune. But if you are ok with not running 11.x consistently then the jb4 is the best option for you. It is an amazing product especially for 4xx bucks.

FYI i will not turn this thread to an EC vs JB4 thread but i ran my friends c43 coupe with PE exhaust i am non PE exhaust ( I am coupe as well) on his map 6 or 7 with race gas (ms109) from 40-120 and i took him by a car and a half to two cars if we kept going higher. Maybe top end is better with a full tune? Idk, just sharing my real world results.
Actually the Jb4 has more safety features than what a flash would have. Lean safety, overboost safety, AFR safety, etc etc.

Only reason I would ever run a flash is for fuel scalar, and getting rid of top speed. The Jb4 will do the rest
Payam@BMS is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:
munis (10-24-2018)
Old 10-23-2018, 02:31 PM
  #72  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
C43
Absolute maps sound nice!

whats all done to your m4?
BROSEIDON is offline  
Old 10-23-2018, 02:35 PM
  #73  
Super Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 625
Thanked 78 Times in 70 Posts
2018 C43 AMG Brilliant Blue Metallic
What are absolute maps?
Dieseldan9 is offline  
Old 10-23-2018, 02:40 PM
  #74  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 517
Thanked 64 Times in 57 Posts
17' C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Actually the Jb4 has more safety features than what a flash would have. Lean safety, overboost safety, AFR safety, etc etc.

Only reason I would ever run a flash is for fuel scalar, and getting rid of top speed. The Jb4 will do the rest
I mean, i think that would get all squared away when the car is on the dyno, no? Could be wrong as i am not a tuner.

Excited for your intakes to come out already
ShazV6 is online now  
Old 10-23-2018, 02:49 PM
  #75  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 383
Thanks: 0
Thanked 62 Times in 50 Posts
C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by ShazV6 View Post
Do you have PE exhaust?
I do, yes.
ShakyTom is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Quick Reply: Intake system?


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: