10 C63 AMG
Anyone have Dyno numbers yet?
Old 12-23-2018, 12:26 AM
BMS
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 152 Likes on 109 Posts
2018 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by ShazV6
Where have you seen installation documents or anything like that? I was going to have my mechanic install but if its that easy i may do it myself. I will be getting these intakes tomorrow and i will share some pictures on this thread with everyone.
On the order page: http://www.burgertuning.com/mercedes...ce_intake.html
Old 12-26-2018, 06:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c450 amg
Originally Posted by Deeyounee
Anyone have Dyno numbers yet?
15 hp add.

the worst part that, first dyno done on E98, second done on E95... so will need to do it again some time
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
mb 63.pdf (297.8 KB, 134 views)
Old 12-26-2018, 12:58 PM

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
2019 E63S
Happy holidays everyone!

Finally had extra time on my hands after all the festivities to install my BMS intake and here's some pics and videos and my takeaway.

Install was quick and easy, all you really need is a flat head screw driver, 5/16 ratchet for the intake pipe and heatshield nut, 3/16 allen for the bms intake piping, and a dremel/box cutter to cut your engine cover.

Immediately I felt a bit of an extra pep in my step with the car, perhaps it's placebo? But the sound enhancement is definitely prevalent. The car sounds like it has BOVs now, it swooshes on revs and whistles on shifts. Pretty cool.

Car seems to pull harder as well. Be sure to slam/close your hood tight! It took me a couple tries to really shut it cuz the filters are sitting so close to the hood when shut.
The following users liked this post:
CA400 (12-26-2018)
Old 12-26-2018, 01:00 PM

2019 E63S
Intake system?-photo776.jpg
Intake system?-photo438.jpg
Intake system?-photo518.jpg
CA400 (12-26-2018)
Old 12-26-2018, 02:25 PM

Received 132 Likes on 112 Posts
2018 C43 AMG Brilliant Blue Metallic
Originally Posted by tmoneyC450amg
Happy holidays everyone!

Finally had extra time on my hands after all the festivities to install my BMS intake and here's some pics and videos and my takeaway.

Install was quick and easy, all you really need is a flat head screw driver, 5/16 ratchet for the intake pipe and heatshield nut, 3/16 allen for the bms intake piping, and a dremel/box cutter to cut your engine cover.

Immediately I felt a bit of an extra pep in my step with the car, perhaps it's placebo? But the sound enhancement is definitely prevalent. The car sounds like it has BOVs now, it swooshes on revs and whistles on shifts. Pretty cool.

Car seems to pull harder as well. Be sure to slam/close your hood tight! It took me a couple tries to really shut it cuz the filters are sitting so close to the hood when shut.
Might be me but I don't see any videos
Old 12-26-2018, 04:02 PM

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
'19 C43
Out of curiosity, anyone that has the intake already, can you measure the diameter of inlet for the filter and post it please?
Old 12-26-2018, 04:04 PM

2019 E63S
Originally Posted by Dieseldan9
Might be me but I don't see any videos
You're right...I have them posted on fb i'll send the link
Old 12-26-2018, 04:21 PM

2019 E63S
https://www.facebook.com/groups/C43E...action_generic
Old 12-27-2018, 12:49 PM
BMS
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2018 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by GuardianVA
Out of curiosity, anyone that has the intake already, can you measure the diameter of inlet for the filter and post it please?
2 5/8"
GuardianVA (12-27-2018)
Old 12-27-2018, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by tmoneyC450amg
damn I am not on FB
CA400 (12-27-2018)
Old 03-15-2019, 09:15 PM

2018 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Payam@BMS
It's still TBD, once we have our final piece from powder coating we will take more pics and have better details for you all.

Really appreciate all your support!
Really glad to hear that a CAI system is being worked on. Can't wait until the release date. My car will definitely need on of these and appreciate that your keeping us up to date.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:15 PM

[QUOTE=Abdol Hakwik;7706655]Really glad to hear that a CAI system is being worked on. Can't wait until the release date. My car will definitely need on of these and appreciate that your keeping us up to date.[/QUOTE

They are for sale now
Old 03-16-2019, 12:31 AM

2018 C43 AMG
[QUOTE=Dieseldan9;7706711]
Originally Posted by Abdol Hakwik
Really glad to hear that a CAI system is being worked on. Can't wait until the release date. My car will definitely need on of these and appreciate that your keeping us up to date.[/QUOTE

They are for sale now
No way! That's awesome. Thanks for the info; really appreciate it. 🙏🏼
Old 03-16-2019, 03:47 AM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
19 C43 Coupe, XC 60
[QUOTE=Abdol Hakwik;7706741]
Originally Posted by Dieseldan9

No way! That's awesome. Thanks for the info; really appreciate it. 🙏🏼
Actually both BMS and another company, MST, offer intakes for the C43s. The issue is neither have conclusive data as far as benefit. Just singular dyno runs.
Lazz83 (03-16-2019)
Old 03-16-2019, 05:06 AM

2018 C43 AMG
[QUOTE=MarcusDubya77;7706800]
Originally Posted by Abdol Hakwik
Actually both BMS and another company, MST, offer intakes for the C43s. The issue is neither have conclusive data as far as benefit. Just singular dyno runs.
Ahh makes sense. Yeah I have done some research and yeah your right. Ill check out MST but as for BMS yeah Ive only seen the results for single dyno. My issue right now is that I don't want to void the warranty. I know that if i install the intakes it won't be an issue but I'm worried that I may have to remapp the ECU. BMS claims to be plug n play but there's a guy on YouTube with the GLC43 who had to tune to Map 2 to adjust the low and midrange rpms. So I am unsure of what to do. On my previous cars I would just install the CAI and was good to go so not to sure if it makes a difference with the C43. On my B8.5 S4 it was simple and didn't tune anything.
Thanks.
Old 03-16-2019, 05:12 AM

2018 C43 AMG
I have to say, the MST Performance Intake has a better set up than the BMS Intake. Honestly looks a lot cleaner. Thanks again for your input.
Old 03-16-2019, 12:47 PM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
2017 AMG C43, AWE Touring, BMC Air Filters- 2015 BMW X3 3.5i (JB1 Equipped)
Anyone on here been able to verify whether the aluminum housing on the MST unit radiates engine heat? Several companies in the past and currently K&N for one offer, cold intakes that have metal intake tubes. I have been modifying performance cars for over 20yrs and would never be a fan of an open element air cleaner, why? because the best and biggest CAI manufacturers in the world i.e. AEM, AFE, Injen, Weapon R, K&N etc...have always used sealed air boxes in their units. I personally would not trust an open element air cleaner (s) mounted mid engine, have even seen car shows on Motor Trend Channel that have affirmed this... Heat Soak.

Imho, the best configuration for cold air intakes are sealed plastic housings.

BMS seemed to do a good job with the initial intake design, but I feel they should have finished the design and made a sealed, low profile box for each filter, they should have designed higher intake flow tube also rather than just using the MB designed ones. BMS is a highly regarded company on this web board, so I am inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt. Need to quantify this with evidence of actual intake temps- if it is proven to not raise the intake air temp, then I am sold- but until then????

Last edited by Lazz83; 03-16-2019 at 12:50 PM.
MatthewJ (03-18-2019)
Old 03-16-2019, 01:40 PM

19 C43 Coupe, XC 60
Originally Posted by Lazz83
Anyone on here been able to verify whether the aluminum housing on the MST unit radiates engine heat? Several companies in the past and currently K&N for one offer, cold intakes that have metal intake tubes. I have been modifying performance cars for over 20yrs and would never be a fan of an open element air cleaner, why? because the best and biggest CAI manufacturers in the world i.e. AEM, AFE, Injen, Weapon R, K&N etc...have always used sealed air boxes in their units. I personally would not trust an open element air cleaner (s) mounted mid engine, have even seen car shows on Motor Trend Channel that have affirmed this... Heat Soak.

Imho, the best configuration for cold air intakes are sealed plastic housings.

BMS seemed to do a good job with the initial intake design, but I feel they should have finished the design and made a sealed, low profile box for each filter, they should have designed higher intake flow tube also rather than just using the MB designed ones. BMS is a highly regarded company on this web board, so I am inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt. Need to quantify this with evidence of actual intake temps- if it is proven to not raise the intake air temp, then I am sold- but until then????
Not all CAIs are enclosed. I have seen units (AEM, Injen, and Waepon R in particular) that are open and curved down towards lower bumper openings or inside of fender housings. My wife's car waterlocked years ago because she tried to start her car in flood conditions with one. Newer designs that I have seen are definitely enclosed, and I have seen a variety with both plastic and aluminum tubing. Not to mention the fact that the MST unit is powdercoated. I am also hesitant of the open design (BMS reminds me more of a ram air intake vs. CAI) , but am holding out until I see verified results by both.
Old 03-17-2019, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by MarcusDubya77
Not all CAIs are enclosed. I have seen units (AEM, Injen, and Waepon R in particular) that are open and curved down towards lower bumper openings or inside of fender housings. My wife's car waterlocked years ago because she tried to start her car in flood conditions with one. Newer designs that I have seen are definitely enclosed, and I have seen a variety with both plastic and aluminum tubing. Not to mention the fact that the MST unit is powdercoated. I am also hesitant of the open design (BMS reminds me more of a ram air intake vs. CAI) , but am holding out until I see verified results by both.
I agree that is just how the Ram Air, Air Grabber, Cowl Induction was in the late 60's very few where sealed, not that I know first hand but I have been a fan of muscle cars since I can remember.

To me it defies logic that an open element air cleaner mounted on top of the engine will be pulling cool air into the motor, but if BMS says it does I have no reason to doubt them, until someone proves this wrong.

I do think BMS could have spent some more time working the bugs out, especially with the air cleaner fitament issues, same issues people on the C43 Facebook page talk about. Having the Air filter element crushed against the hood lining does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling. Though I applaud BMS for rolling this out when no one else would and am considering purchasing it.

AWE is a company that I love, since purchasing their touring exhaust, it was expensive but worth every penny in my opinion and made from the highest quality parts. I was overjoyed when I heard they were working on a CAI for the M276 engine- I am sure it would have been a sealed Carbon fiber type of unit with great flow, but sadly they scrapped the project due to lack of interest.

Last edited by Lazz83; 03-17-2019 at 06:49 PM.
Old 03-17-2019, 12:34 PM

19 C43 Coupe, XC 60
I agree that is just how the Ram Air, Air Grabber, Cowl Induction was in the late 60's very few where sealed, not that I know first hand but I have been a fan of muscle cars since I can remember.

To me it defies logic that an open element air cleaner mounted on top of the engine will be pulling cool air into the motor, but if BMS says it does I have no reason to doubt them, until someone proves this wrong.

I do think BMS could have spent some more time working the bugs out, especially with the air cleaner fitament issues, same issues people on the C43 Facebook page talk about. Having the Air filter element crushed against the hood lining does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling. Though I applaud BMS for rolling this out when no one else would and am considering purchasing it.

AWE is a company that I love, since purchasing their touring exhaust, it was expensive but worth every penny in my opinion and made from the highest quality parts. I was overjoyed when I heard they were working on a CAI for the M276 engine- I am sure it would have been a sealed Carbon fiber type of unit with great flow, but sadly they scraped the project due to lack of interest.
AWE is making one? That is great. More options is always better. Hopefully the otehrs start publishing results from testing. One run dyno sheets are crap.

Last edited by MarcusDubya77; 03-17-2019 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-17-2019, 04:18 PM

Received 113 Likes on 82 Posts
c43 Amg coupe
AWE is making one? That is great. More options is always better. Hopefully the otehrs start publishing results from testing. One run dyno sheets are crap.
No.. as he mentioned AWE scrapped the project a long time ago due to lack of interest. Unfortunately...
Old 03-18-2019, 02:17 AM

19 C43 Coupe, XC 60
Originally Posted by DVision44
No.. as he mentioned AWE scrapped the project a long time ago due to lack of interest. Unfortunately...
Just saw that..I stopped when I read AWE was making one..
Old 03-18-2019, 11:11 AM

Just saw that..I stopped when I read AWE was making one..
If AWE is on the board maybe we can encourage them to make one for the members that are interested, I am sure there are a lot of us here.

BMS made the JB4 available to us through lots of interest on this board.

Don't see what AWE would have to loose by making one and it is proven to give a decent power upgrade and faster turbo spool.
Old 03-18-2019, 02:41 PM
BMS
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2018 C63 Sedan

Crushed and having a little part sitting against the hood lining are two completely different things.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Intake system?