Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C43 How to get my Sport exhaust louder?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43 AMG 2018
Question C43 How to get my Sport exhaust louder?

Hello everyone!

I'm a new member of the forum, so first of all just want to say hello to all of you from Slovakia where I currently live

My C43 2018 unfortunately doesnt have the PE exhaust but the standard exhaust. It sounds great but its not loud enough.. I have been going through the whole forum looking at the options, from decat-dowpipes to exhaust cutouts.. I believe the best option so far is the decat-dowpipes when having a sport exhaust, since I do not want to have drone and hopefully gain some few HPs here in Europe I could buy the Supersprints that ara accessible since the Weistec here are not available and shipping anything from America to Europe, its a rip off taxes plus shipping we need to pay.

The only question that I have and I wanted to ask to you is the following.. the PE exhaust has valves at the start of the muffler, that depending on the dynamic mode opens giving you more sound.. now the sport exhaust does not has valves as far as I know and I cannot get my head around how is that the sound changes also with the sport exhaust when moving from Comfort mode to Sport+? if there are no valves at the muffler, how is this thing getting louder switching to sport+, anyone knows? I'm asking this because what I want to know is that if I do the downpipes which I believe will get this baby louder, I want in conform mode still to have comfort and not be louder.. having the decat downpipes done would I still have the same level of noise in Comfort mode or Comfort mode would not be the same anymore?

Thank you guys for your help and advise, much appreciated!
Old 04-20-2019, 06:13 PM

Received 133 Likes on 112 Posts
2018 C43 AMG Brilliant Blue Metallic
Downpipe?

Remove resonator?

Both would make it louder Imo Removing resonator is easiest and easier way to go
Old 04-20-2019, 10:42 PM

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
Tuned '18 C43 coupe & Stock '18 GLE43 coupe
I had catless DPs with the sports exhaust. Sounds really good. You will love it. No drone. In ECO & Comfort mode, the exhaust is quiet like stock.

BUT BEWARE, you will have CEL from the rear O2's. You have 3 options:

1) ECU tune to turn off the rear O2's (The best way IMO.)
2) JB4. It has a function to shut off the CEL for outside US customers, but it does not work 100%. Mine did not work.
3) O2 cheat. (CEL might come back.. it might not..)
Old 04-21-2019, 10:47 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Past:2010 ML63 AMG, 2011 C63 AMG, 2011 E63 AMG, 2015 C400 4matic & 2014 CLS550 4matic. Now: 2017 C43
https://www.awe-tuning.com/mercedes-...-sedan-exhaust
Go with AWE... and please keep your cat converters.. if not, you'll smell like crap for little power gains...
Old 04-21-2019, 04:12 PM

Received 133 Likes on 112 Posts
2018 C43 AMG Brilliant Blue Metallic
Originally Posted by uptownman
https://www.awe-tuning.com/mercedes-...-sedan-exhaust
Go with AWE... and please keep your cat converters.. if not, you'll smell like crap for little power gains...
I don't think he can get that in his country?

He doesn't want to ship from USA, if u read the post
Old 04-22-2019, 07:56 AM

Past:2010 ML63 AMG, 2011 C63 AMG, 2011 E63 AMG, 2015 C400 4matic & 2014 CLS550 4matic. Now: 2017 C43
Originally Posted by Dieseldan9
I don't think he can get that in his country?

He doesn't want to ship from USA, if u read the post
I would still reach out to AWE since they have a great reputation and their W205 exhaust is a "bargain" compared to all others out there.... even if it has to be shipped.
Old 04-22-2019, 09:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C43 AMG
Originally Posted by andresmalo
Hello everyone!

I'm a new member of the forum, so first of all just want to say hello to all of you from Slovakia where I currently live

My C43 2018 unfortunately doesnt have the PE exhaust but the standard exhaust. It sounds great but its not loud enough.. I have been going through the whole forum looking at the options, from decat-dowpipes to exhaust cutouts.. I believe the best option so far is the decat-dowpipes when having a sport exhaust, since I do not want to have drone and hopefully gain some few HPs here in Europe I could buy the Supersprints that ara accessible since the Weistec here are not available and shipping anything from America to Europe, its a rip off taxes plus shipping we need to pay.

The only question that I have and I wanted to ask to you is the following.. the PE exhaust has valves at the start of the muffler, that depending on the dynamic mode opens giving you more sound.. now the sport exhaust does not has valves as far as I know and I cannot get my head around how is that the sound changes also with the sport exhaust when moving from Comfort mode to Sport+? if there are no valves at the muffler, how is this thing getting louder switching to sport+, anyone knows? I'm asking this because what I want to know is that if I do the downpipes which I believe will get this baby louder, I want in conform mode still to have comfort and not be louder.. having the decat downpipes done would I still have the same level of noise in Comfort mode or Comfort mode would not be the same anymore?

Thank you guys for your help and advise, much appreciated!
I chose to retrofit the PE exhaust by purchasing it from MB factory. It is the best way to get the actual AMG soul. As regards the cost, the aftermarket one not cheap. While some aftermarket may come with the switch to control valve open/close, you can manipulate your foot to maintain the rev below 2000rpm for quiet exhaust note. This is my experience to share. Hope it can help.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
W205 C43 AMG / CLA 45 AMG

Im only using decatted downpipe, but sounds good tho, and it spits flames, and some soundclip of mine
Attached Files
File Type: mp3
VID_21440107_201414_764.mp3 (223.4 KB, 613 views)

Last edited by Callmemarkuz; 04-23-2019 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Posting some more stuff
Old 04-23-2019, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Callmemarkuz

Im only using decatted downpipe, but sounds good tho, and it spits flames, and some soundclip of mine
That must be awesome to see! Any video clips of it shooting the flames?
Old 04-24-2019, 11:43 AM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
C450 AMG - Polar White
Originally Posted by uptownman
That must be awesome to see! Any video clips of it shooting the flames?
awesome until the cops see it and you get pulled over.

in California, at least, i am pretty sure they impound your car if they see that. pretty strict on emissions here.
Old 04-26-2019, 01:30 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 C43 AMG
Im surprised California doesn't have a Fire shooting tax
The following users liked this post:
Dieseldan9 (04-26-2019)
Old 06-21-2019, 08:01 PM

c43
Helpp

Originally Posted by matt pun
I chose to retrofit the PE exhaust by purchasing it from MB factory. It is the best way to get the actual AMG soul. As regards the cost, the aftermarket one not cheap. While some aftermarket may come with the switch to control valve open/close, you can manipulate your foot to maintain the rev below 2000rpm for quiet exhaust note. This is my experience to share. Hope it can help.

Hi there,

i am so glad to see your comment. I too have a c43 without the PE. I Have been searching so hard on getting the PE retrofitted since before I got the car, it’s a year old now. Everyone seems to say it’s impossible to get it from the dealer. I’m from Malaysia and all units are without PE unfortunately. Can I please get in touch with you for details on part numbers cost etc. Thanks in advance mate ������

Carlson Lim
Old 06-27-2019, 11:42 PM

C43 AMG
Originally Posted by carlson lim
Hi there,

i am so glad to see your comment. I too have a c43 without the PE. I Have been searching so hard on getting the PE retrofitted since before I got the car, it’s a year old now. Everyone seems to say it’s impossible to get it from the dealer. I’m from Malaysia and all units are without PE unfortunately. Can I please get in touch with you for details on part numbers cost etc. Thanks in advance mate ������

Carlson Lim
Sorry I missed your message. What I did was to ask the local garage who do the car modification. Usually, they would have some connection with the oversea factory, e.g., MB in Germany, and simply told them what I looking for. They came back with quotation, then proceed purchasing.
Old 06-29-2019, 03:12 AM

c43
Thanks for the reply!

Sorry I missed your message. What I did was to ask the local garage who do the car modification. Usually, they would have some connection with the oversea factory, e.g., MB in Germany, and simply told them what I looking for. They came back with quotation, then proceed purchasing.

Oh that’s nice bro. How much did it cost you? Did they install the full exhaust from the downpipe backwards till muffler? They didn’t install the button right? Would love to chat with you further. Can I contact you on another social media platform? The forum’s notifications are a little slow and you might miss it.

Thanks for your time buddy!
Old 06-29-2019, 03:21 AM

C43 AMG
Oh that’s nice bro. How much did it cost you? Did they install the full exhaust from the downpipe backwards till muffler? They didn’t install the button right? Would love to chat with you further. Can I contact you on another social media platform? The forum’s notifications are a little slow and you might miss it.

Thanks for your time buddy!
please add Facebook private group: mercedes-benz C43 AMG owners
Old 06-29-2019, 11:01 AM

c43
Thank you.

please add Facebook private group: mercedes-benz C43 AMG owners

Alright. I’m already a member. I have pm-ed you on Facebook messenger 🙏
Old 06-29-2019, 07:11 PM

Received 43 Likes on 23 Posts
C43 AMG
https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...-complete.html
Old 04-04-2022, 10:07 PM

2017c43
Alright. I’m already a member. I have pm-ed you on Facebook messenger 🙏

hi it seems as tho u got the help you needed to get the performance exhaust. Can u please help me as well. What’s the part number that I’m asking for. Any information would be helpful. Thankyou