Sponsored by:

Wheel recommendations

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2020, 10:42 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Corvette Grand Sport, Mercedes C43 sedan, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Wheel recommendations

Hi all. I just put an order on a will equipped C43 that won't arrive till June. I however didn't opt for the 19 inch rims because if all the issues I hear about. I live in Fairfax VA so the roads aren't great. Anyway, I do want to put PS4s on it as soon as possible as that's what I run on my current vehicles and love them. The part I'm struggling with is do I go with aftermarket 19s or stick with 18s and just get aftermarket black or dark gray rims as I ordered the night package. If you have any wheel recommendations please let me know. Also if you have any recommendations on a shop out here in VA it's greatly appreciated. Oh, finally I don't want to mess with the balance of the car and I've never gone aftermarket rims on any car I've owned so I don't know if I need to worry about that.
Old 02-24-2020, 07:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 690 Likes on 540 Posts
c
I think there is a thread dedicated towards this somewhere on the forum
Old 02-24-2020, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by alexasa
I think there is a thread dedicated towards this somewhere on the forum
Yeah, I read through that whole fitment thread, but was more curious about what people have bought and what experience they're had with the wheels. hope did it event handling, any issues, how much did they cost and what do they look like on the car?
Old 02-24-2020, 07:36 PM

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts
C 43
Yes, the fitment thread is more "what is the absolute biggest wheel I can use", than user experiences with normal replacement.
Old 02-26-2020, 11:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
Wheel size choice is essentially a personal decision (many factors: looks, comfort, performance, fuel economy, etc), so there is no universal right or wrong answer. That said, 19" usually look better, give you better overall performance and grip (larger contact patch due to extra width associated with a larger wheel radius), and the cost of some road noise and less forgiving ride on rough roads (less sidewall, to keep overall tire diameter constant).

I have the factory 19" AMG dual-spoke wheels with summer RFT PZeros (an awful combo... I'll ditch the RFT's for PS4S as soon as I can), and got a staggered 18" winter wheel-and-tire set from TireRack that I'm super happy with. They are positively better than the summer set in almost any conditions. Details and pics here:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...pressions.html

Whatever size you end up going with, one "mandatory" thing is to replace the RFT tires with non-RFT rubber. Michelin Pilot Sport 4S and Continental ExtremeContact Sport are phenomenal summer tires, and the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ is a very solid all-season tire.

Happy Motoring
The following users liked this post:
1mic (03-03-2020)
Old 02-28-2020, 06:55 PM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
C43 AMG / C350 Coupe
Originally Posted by speedlaw
Yes, the fitment thread is more "what is the absolute biggest wheel I can use", than user experiences with normal replacement.
Link to the fitment thread? (Sorry searched couldn't find it)
I'm also searching for a new wheel and tire package. Looking to see black 19"s on a white 2020 c43 / available options.
Old 02-28-2020, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by HighSun_Murder
Link to the fitment thread? (Sorry searched couldn't find it)
I'm also searching for a new wheel and tire package. Looking to see black 19"s on a white 2020 c43 / available options.
​​​​​​
I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with HRE FF01s or FF04sn black. They're staggered 8.5 and 9.5 inch 19 inch wheels. I'll put Michelin PS4s on. I have them on both my current cars and they're awesome. They completely transformed my Corvette Grand sport from the rock hard good year run flats.
The following 2 users liked this post by ctsvette:
HighSun_Murder (02-28-2020), thewb (02-29-2020)
Old 02-28-2020, 07:12 PM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
C43 AMG / C350 Coupe
Originally Posted by ctsvette
​​​​​​
I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with HRE FF01s or FF04sn black. They're staggered 8.5 and 9.5 inch 19 inch wheels. I'll put Michelin PS4s on. I have them on both my current cars and they're awesome. They completely transformed my Corvette Grand sport from the rock hard good year run flats.
Link me plz
Old 02-28-2020, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by HighSun_Murder
Link me plz
https://www.hrewheels.com/wheels/hre-flowform/ff04
You can scroll to the FF01s as well. You'd need a 17mm space for the fronts.