Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2020, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 346 Likes on 207 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
C43/450/400/300 Brake Upgrade to C63s/E63s/AMG Gts Red Caliper System

Hello All

Just finished the rear and front c63s/e63s/amg gts red caliper brake upgrade on a c43! They look and perform amazing! 390mmx36mm rotors in front and 360mmx26mm rear.

The rear takes sl65 black series rear rotors and you must modify the rotor hat. This upgrade will not work on c63 due to offset. sorry c63 guys. you would need to make a completely custom hat to use these brembo 2 piece rotors. These sl65 black series 2 piece rotor hats are steel not aluminium like the front 2 piece to accommodate the drum parking brake on these older cars with mechanical parking brake. This is not needed on our newer cars with electric parking brake. I want to machine a new hat from aluminium but to get cost down was thinking about starting a group buy if others just want to upgrade the rears. I also had to replace rear wiring, brake lines, and drill new holes in the c63 oem dust shield so it bolts to our car. Very easy tasks. Took me 1 hour to install the second side start to finish. But it all is pretty much bolt on and plug and play with c63s parts. You must run 19" wheels or special 18" to clear these brakes! For the front, I machined brackets and used oem c43 dust shield. replaced brake hose with c63 hoses and everything else was bolt on for the 390mm rotors! these will only work with 19" wheels.

I am looking to get a group together to make these rear hats out of aluminium to save about 4 lbs per corner! You can just upgrade the rear brakes if you want the look but IMO the fronts being larger look great and perform great as well!

Enjoy the pics! These brakes are huge!! Ill be posting more pics of the fronts when i get the summer wheels on. and i download the rest from my camera.

The following 3 users liked this post by Star4life:
c_smooth_w829 (03-11-2022), dowheelies (11-20-2021), SilverBullet18 (01-24-2022)
Old 08-17-2022, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43 Coupe 2022
Originally Posted by Star4life
Hello All

Just finished the rear and front c63s/e63s/amg gts red caliper brake upgrade on a c43! They look and perform amazing! 390mmx36mm rotors in front and 360mmx26mm rear.

The rear takes sl65 black series rear rotors and you must modify the rotor hat. This upgrade will not work on c63 due to offset. sorry c63 guys. you would need to make a completely custom hat to use these brembo 2 piece rotors. These sl65 black series 2 piece rotor hats are steel not aluminium like the front 2 piece to accommodate the drum parking brake on these older cars with mechanical parking brake. This is not needed on our newer cars with electric parking brake. I want to machine a new hat from aluminium but to get cost down was thinking about starting a group buy if others just want to upgrade the rears. I also had to replace rear wiring, brake lines, and drill new holes in the c63 oem dust shield so it bolts to our car. Very easy tasks. Took me 1 hour to install the second side start to finish. But it all is pretty much bolt on and plug and play with c63s parts. You must run 19" wheels or special 18" to clear these brakes! For the front, I machined brackets and used oem c43 dust shield. replaced brake hose with c63 hoses and everything else was bolt on for the 390mm rotors! these will only work with 19" wheels.

I am looking to get a group together to make these rear hats out of aluminium to save about 4 lbs per corner! You can just upgrade the rear brakes if you want the look but IMO the fronts being larger look great and perform great as well!

Enjoy the pics! These brakes are huge!! Ill be posting more pics of the fronts when i get the summer wheels on. and i download the rest from my camera.

Hi!

Thank you very much for your post. I was thinking about doing the same thing on my brand new C43 coupe.
You are the only one I found on the internet which achieved a complete swap of C63 w205 callipers on a C43 w205.

My question is : considering that the discs and callipers are much bigger than the original ones, didn’t you have some issues with the Brake Master Cylinder ? Is it not too weak and shouldn’t we also have to replace it for a C63 master cylinder ?

Also, where did you by all the original Mercedes parts needed to achieve the whole swap? Would you have the link?

Thanks!
Old 08-20-2022, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by FredIV
Hi!

Thank you very much for your post. I was thinking about doing the same thing on my brand new C43 coupe.
You are the only one I found on the internet which achieved a complete swap of C63 w205 callipers on a C43 w205.

My question is : considering that the discs and callipers are much bigger than the original ones, didn’t you have some issues with the Brake Master Cylinder ? Is it not too weak and shouldn’t we also have to replace it for a C63 master cylinder ?

Also, where did you by all the original Mercedes parts needed to achieve the whole swap? Would you have the link?

Thanks!
Hey

I actually had to custom machine sets. pm me if interested and I am actually selling my car so will be selling the entire kit.
Old 08-23-2022, 03:15 AM

C43 Coupe 2022
Originally Posted by Star4life
Hey

I actually had to custom machine sets. pm me if interested and I am actually selling my car so will be selling the entire kit.
I got confirmation that the master cylinder has been standardised for c43 and c63, so there is no upgrade to do for it.

What do you mean by “To custom machine sets”. You’re talking about the rear hats right ?
If yes, sure. But I was not talking about that.

Old 08-23-2022, 09:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 AMG
I got confirmation that the master cylinder has been standardised for c43 and c63, so there is no upgrade to do for it.

What do you mean by “To custom machine sets”. You’re talking about the rear hats right ?
If yes, sure. But I was not talking about that.
Brackets, rotor hats, and dust shields are custom machined.
Old 02-22-2023, 07:50 PM

C43 Coupe 2022
Hi !

I’m preparing everything for the modification. A few questions :

- which modifications do you have to do on the SL 65 rear rotors to fit on the C43 ? I took a look on your first picture and on a picture of a SL65 rear hat but I cannot see any difference.

- why did you need to change the rear wiring and brake lines ?

- you said you had to machine brackets for the front brakes. What do you mean exactly ? Complete machined brackets or modified ones ?

- Are the dust shields of the c43 not to small for the front C63 discs ? Wouldn’t it be better to mount the dust shield of the C63 as on the rear ?

I also found on the internet that Brembo does a GT upgrade for the front brakes with 405mm discs :
https://www.bremboparts.com/europe/e...kit/1N1-9527A_
However I’m not sure if this kit is compatible with our cars. On the link above, it says that it is compatible with C63s. However on the retailer website you can find on the internet, they only say that it is compatible with w204 C63.
So, I don’t know exactly. any idea ?

Thanks !
Old 02-24-2023, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 AMG
Hi !

I’m preparing everything for the modification. A few questions :

- which modifications do you have to do on the SL 65 rear rotors to fit on the C43 ? I took a look on your first picture and on a picture of a SL65 rear hat but I cannot see any difference.

- why did you need to change the rear wiring and brake lines ?

- you said you had to machine brackets for the front brakes. What do you mean exactly ? Complete machined brackets or modified ones ?

- Are the dust shields of the c43 not to small for the front C63 discs ? Wouldn’t it be better to mount the dust shield of the C63 as on the rear ?

I also found on the internet that Brembo does a GT upgrade for the front brakes with 405mm discs :
https://www.bremboparts.com/europe/e...kit/1N1-9527A_
However I’m not sure if this kit is compatible with our cars. On the link above, it says that it is compatible with C63s. However on the retailer website you can find on the internet, they only say that it is compatible with w204 C63.
So, I don’t know exactly. any idea ?

Thanks !
custom machined parts are needed. We sell the kits now as it is much too complex for people to do on their own. you can pm me if you are interested.
Old 03-08-2023, 02:23 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 AMG C43
Where can we get these bracket upgrades? Cant find them listed anywhere. What price are the brackets to fit the C63 front calipers?
Old 03-08-2023, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Rextc
Where can we get these bracket upgrades? Cant find them listed anywhere. What price are the brackets to fit the C63 front calipers?
infiniteautowerks.com (formerly martin tuning) has them but must contact direct.
Old 03-08-2023, 04:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 AMG C43
Message sent to Infiniteautowerks, thank you.