Sponsored by:

going from a C450 to C43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2020, 08:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 AMG C43
going from a C450 to C43

Quick question.. those who own a 19 C43, how do you like it? I'm awaiting to pick mine up. I'm currently driving a C450, I'm super excited for the upgrade. I know its the same car but rebadged and has alot more going on for it. What are the pros and cons you personally have? I was considering exhaust options but I didnt feel like going through all of it so i broke down and decided to pick up a 43 with the AMG PE. That solves that crisis there lol. Im just anxious on how life will be with it as my soon to be new daily driver.
The following users liked this post:
b6tbfmp (09-26-2020)
Old 09-25-2020, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 82 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
The suspension on the ‘19+ MY cars is noticeably better. It’s firm, but well-sorted.

On my ‘18 C43, the suspension was really floaty over small dips in the pavement at highway speeds, while simultaneously being overly firm and “crashy” at low speeds.

It was the single biggest negative.

I think the sound was a little louder/more raw in the ‘18 cars. ‘20 still has the pops, crackles, and bangs, and the volume is good, but overall it’s a bit more refined with less drone on the highway when PE is on.

Quad tips on the newer cars are gorgeous. And I love the new digital gauge cluster and steering wheel.

Can display so much more info. that I enjoy, all at the same time (e.g., tire temperatures and pressures, together with engine/transmission temps and the boost gauge, all while having an oversized tachometer in the middle in Supersport configuration).

Just a few of the more noticeable differences from my perspective, having owned an ‘18 and now a ‘20.

Congrats and please don’t hesitate if you have any more specific questions!
The following 2 users liked this post by zibby43:
C4fitty (09-29-2020), jevsays (09-28-2020)
Old 09-26-2020, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 681 Likes on 536 Posts
c
I preferred the 7 speed over the 9
jevsays (09-28-2020)
Old 09-29-2020, 12:35 PM

2019 AMG C43
Originally Posted by zibby43
The suspension on the ‘19+ MY cars is noticeably better. It’s firm, but well-sorted.

On my ‘18 C43, the suspension was really floaty over small dips in the pavement at highway speeds, while simultaneously being overly firm and “crashy” at low speeds.

It was the single biggest negative.

I think the sound was a little louder/more raw in the ‘18 cars. ‘20 still has the pops, crackles, and bangs, and the volume is good, but overall it’s a bit more refined with less drone on the highway when PE is on.

Quad tips on the newer cars are gorgeous. And I love the new digital gauge cluster and steering wheel.

Can display so much more info. that I enjoy, all at the same time (e.g., tire temperatures and pressures, together with engine/transmission temps and the boost gauge, all while having an oversized tachometer in the middle in Supersport configuration).

Just a few of the more noticeable differences from my perspective, having owned an ‘18 and now a ‘20.

Congrats and please don’t hesitate if you have any more specific questions!
gotcha man, I haven’t picked it up yet. Still waiting to take delivery. They said a wheel had a crack that cause the tire to leak air. I’m hella excited to drive it. This one doesn’t have the large speedometer but it basically has everything else that I would want. I’m gonna miss the Heads Up Display from my 450 but just knowing I’m going into a car that has the PE would make me not even care. I think one of the better things to me is the 10.25 inch screen the one in the 450 didn’t do it any justice.

How does your car treat you on your daily commute to work? I just know I’m super stoked just to hear the pops with the exhaust flaps open. I will say the 450 did have more defined pops and bangs. I feel it is a bit different on the newer 43s but I still love to hear it.
zibby43 (10-01-2020)
Old 09-29-2020, 12:36 PM

2019 AMG C43
Originally Posted by alexasa
I preferred the 7 speed over the 9
Does it make that big of a difference between the 2 transmissions?
Old 09-29-2020, 01:27 PM

Received 138 Likes on 121 Posts
2018 C43
You will find out soon from 7 speed to 9. I personally hated the 7 speed on 2017 w205 c300. Was clunky and wasn't smooth at all. And good on you making sure your ride came with PE or you would get bombarded with how PE is a life changer.

​​​​​​
Old 09-29-2020, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 681 Likes on 536 Posts
c
Originally Posted by C4fitty
Does it make that big of a difference between the 2 transmissions?
no
Old 10-01-2020, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 82 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
Originally Posted by C4fitty
gotcha man, I haven’t picked it up yet. Still waiting to take delivery. They said a wheel had a crack that cause the tire to leak air. I’m hella excited to drive it. This one doesn’t have the large speedometer but it basically has everything else that I would want. I’m gonna miss the Heads Up Display from my 450 but just knowing I’m going into a car that has the PE would make me not even care. I think one of the better things to me is the 10.25 inch screen the one in the 450 didn’t do it any justice.

How does your car treat you on your daily commute to work? I just know I’m super stoked just to hear the pops with the exhaust flaps open. I will say the 450 did have more defined pops and bangs. I feel it is a bit different on the newer 43s but I still love to hear it.
You'll love the PE! I had the HUD on my '18, and I thought MB did a great job with the graphics/clarity/display options. That said, since I "grew up" without having HUD on most of my cars, it's not something I miss terribly. For others, it's indispensable, and I totally get that.

It's a great cruiser. It feels more refined and composed than my '18, because of the suspension. Honestly, the ride feels very similar to that of my '13 C63. I don't know what (if any) changes were made during the LCI, but the steering on my '20 feels a bit heavier and slightly more communicative than my '18. The '18 had very light steering in C mode.

Brakes are great, new transmission is super-quick. I thought the old transmission was a bit more engaging in M mode when driving stoplight-to-stoplight, but a little inconsistent in S+. With the new transmission, S+ is great. M mode feels better when you're cruising through the mid-range on back roads.

One thing I love about the W205 in general, is that the seating position in the cabin is fantastic. You can get nice and low, which I love. Congrats again and look forward to hearing your thoughts on your new ride when you take delivery! Enjoy in good health.