Mercedes Me App - Windows open

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 10:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2020 C43 AMG
Mercedes Me App - Windows open

Hello!

My Mercedes Me App is reporting that the windows are open in the car, and they certainly are not. Of course, this negates the remote start. Car only has 740 miles on it. I did get the windows tinted so I wonder but it's worked since the windows were tinted.

Cycle windows?

Anyone else?
The following users liked this post:
Schwarzman01 (05-22-2021)
Old 10-16-2020, 12:45 PM

Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by vrhaines
Hello!

My Mercedes Me App is reporting that the windows are open in the car, and they certainly are not. Of course, this negates the remote start. Car only has 740 miles on it. I did get the windows tinted so I wonder but it's worked since the windows were tinted.

Cycle windows?

Anyone else?
There was recent maintenance to the app. Have you tried going into Profile and Clear Data History? This will log you out as well so make sure you have your credentials to log back in.
Old 10-16-2020, 01:01 PM

2020 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Ramsino
There was recent maintenance to the app. Have you tried going into Profile and Clear Data History? This will log you out as well so make sure you have your credentials to log back in.
tried. Still showing open. My wife has the car. I’ll cycle the windows and see what’s up when she gets home

thanks!
Old 10-16-2020, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,937 Likes on 2,629 Posts
2019 C63CS
I suppose it's possible that one of the windows isn't actually fully closed. However, I'm getting the impression that after last weekend's maintenance/outage things aren't quite working a 100%. I locked my car from the phone last night, but it still showed as unlocked afterwards. Had to force terminate the app and start fresh, and then it showed it as locked.
Old 10-16-2020, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
At least I just noticed that after all this time, the web portal and the app are finally showing a picture of my actual car and not some generic picture. The web portal for the longest time was showing a covered GLC or other MB SUV. Pleasing to see a picture of my C63S coupe now. Even seems to be rendered with all the right options.
Old 10-16-2020, 04:53 PM

2020 C43 AMG Coupe
Agreed, the app now shows a picture of my C43 Coupe with my cranberry seats as apposed to a generic diamond grill.
Old 10-16-2020, 11:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
‘19 C43 ‘06 C230
my connect app not connecting to the car, tried connecting through the Mercedes me website with no success, car’s in the dealer now
Old 10-17-2020, 12:39 PM

W212 E350 Sport
MercedesMe is absolute garbage. I’ve had it on 2 cars, and its been embarrassingly unreliable, with equally poor customer service. I’m glad its free, I certainly won’t pay to renew.
Old 10-19-2020, 05:13 PM

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
'19 C43
There is just no testing by the MB app developer when updates are rolled out. I turned off automatic updates for the MercedesMe app after version 2.16.1 as that one actually is stable and everything worked as expected.
Old 10-19-2020, 06:08 PM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
C43 AMG / C350 Coupe
I called support when I had a similar issue, they fixed it in a couple days.
Old 10-19-2020, 06:10 PM

C43 AMG / C350 Coupe
....something else thats stupid about the app, you can't turn the AC / Heat on. Pretty sure depending on what model car you buy, there are more options available in the app. (Even though the car is capable, the other options are disabled)
Old 10-19-2020, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by HighSun_Murder
....something else thats stupid about the app, you can't turn the AC / Heat on. Pretty sure depending on what model car you buy, there are more options available in the app. (Even though the car is capable, the other options are disabled)
Controlling the AC from the app makes much more sense with an electric car, and I believe with the EQC you can do this from the app. Having to start the combustion engine to heat/cool the car, even though you can do it with the app is just not ideal. First off if the car is cold, idling the engine just won't warm it up enough to heat the interior in any meaningful way. Not to mention that idling an icy cold engine isn't good for wear and tear at all. In terms of turning it on, that's not really an issue, unless you turned it off for some reason. Otherwise it'll just start cooling/heating to the interior to whatever the last setting was. The point of an automatic climate control is that it maintains the cabin temperature to what you set it to. But in general, the remote start with an internal combustion engine mostly makes sense to precool the car on a hot summer day. Then the engine won't be ice cold, so wear and tear is not a concern, and the AC starts working right away. The app, at least the new Mercedes Me connect app, does work quite well now and outages are actually rare. I am kinda annoyed that for some reason they dropped the ability to share destinations from other apps directly with the car. Looks like a bug, because in the app it still provides instructions on how to do it. That's currently really the only issue I have with the app, and it's not too big of an issue, because the online search from the car works quit well and I don't send destinations from my phone all that often and it's still possible from within the app itself. We are supposed to get a new app called Mercedes Me 2020. It's already been rolled out in Europe, but haven't heard anything yet about the rollout in North America. But again for what I'm using the app it works. I'm getting the security alerts when I leave the car unlocked, the geo fencing works, general car status such as battery charge state etc. works fine and I can lock the car from the phone if I forgot to lock it. One cool feature is the last mile instructions where if you navigate somewhere using the internal navigation, but park farther away from your final destination, the app automatically offers walking directions to the actual destination. I think the app is better than many give it credit.
Old 10-19-2020, 06:39 PM

C43 AMG / C350 Coupe
Originally Posted by superswiss
Controlling the AC from the app makes much more sense with an electric car, and I believe with the EQC you can do this from the app. Having to start the combustion engine to heat/cool the car, even though you can do it with the app is just not ideal. First off if the car is cold, idling the engine just won't warm it up enough to heat the interior in any meaningful way. Not to mention that idling an icy cold engine isn't good for wear and tear at all. In terms of turning it on, that's not really an issue, unless you turned it off for some reason. Otherwise it'll just start cooling/heating to the interior to whatever the last setting was. The point of an automatic climate control is that it maintains the cabin temperature to what you set it to. But in general, the remote start with an internal combustion engine mostly makes sense to precool the car on a hot summer day. Then the engine won't be ice cold, so wear and tear is not a concern, and the AC starts working right away. The app, at least the new Mercedes Me connect app, does work quite well now and outages are actually rare. I am kinda annoyed that for some reason they dropped the ability to share destinations from other apps directly with the car. Looks like a bug, because in the app it still provides instructions on how to do it. That's currently really the only issue I have with the app, and it's not too big of an issue, because the online search from the car works quit well and I don't send destinations from my phone all that often and it's still possible from within the app itself. We are supposed to get a new app called Mercedes Me 2020. It's already been rolled out in Europe, but haven't heard anything yet about the rollout in North America. But again for what I'm using the app it works. I'm getting the security alerts when I leave the car unlocked, the geo fencing works, general car status such as battery charge state etc. works fine and I can lock the car from the phone if I forgot to lock it. One cool feature is the last mile instructions where if you navigate somewhere using the internal navigation, but park farther away from your final destination, the app automatically offers walking directions to the actual destination. I think the app is better than many give it credit.
Disagree, I've experienced multiple app outages over the last 10 months. Seems to happen every 3 months or so.
Also idling the car to warm it up has two schools of thought, 1 its bad for the engine, 2 it nessassary. (I don't care about electric cars) I'm more concerned with a frozen **** in the winter over some nominal wear and tear. To that end, and what seems like an intelligent compromise, it would be nice to control the heated seats from the app.
Old 10-19-2020, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by HighSun_Murder
Disagree, I've experienced multiple app outages over the last 10 months. Seems to happen every 3 months or so.
Also idling the car to warm it up has two schools of thought, 1 its bad for the engine, 2 it nessassary. (I don't care about electric cars) I'm more concerned with a frozen **** in the winter over some nominal wear and tear. To that end, and what seems like an intelligent compromise, it would be nice to control the heated seats from the app.
Agree to disagree I guess. Even if it goes down every three months for 2 days, that's still 98% availability, which is very good for a non-essential system. Going higher is a matter of cost-benefit. 98% means about 8 days of total downtime in one year. Some of it I suppose is subjective. I personally don't use the remote start at all, but I use most other functions. It's a nice piece of mind to see where my car is at all times for example when it is in the shop. I have a geo-fence setup around my dealership for example, so I get notified whenever the car leaves or arrives. Coincidentally, this last outage happened right after I got my car back from service. I initially thought they screwed something up during the service...haha, but it was reliably notifying me whenever they went for a road test and it also started to alert me about the battery being low.
Old 10-22-2020, 11:49 PM

‘19 C43 ‘06 C230
Communication model malfunction, dealer is replacing mine. Apparently there is a recall out, communication module not uplinking to server, creating a safety issue with the SOS comms in case of accidents or roadside emergency.
Old 10-27-2020, 05:02 PM

‘19 C43 ‘06 C230
Dealer replaced the command unit, fixed GPS location and live traffic. The Mercedes Me connect app still doesn't update Odom, Fuel, Windows, door lock information. Anyone experiencing similar issues?
Old 10-27-2020, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by jyli19
Dealer replaced the command unit, fixed GPS location and live traffic. The Mercedes Me connect app still doesn't update Odom, Fuel, Windows, door lock information. Anyone experiencing similar issues?
The app is working fine at the moment. Have you logged in to the web portal and made sure that all the services are activated? You can also recycle them by deactivating them all and reactivating them. Then in the app tap the Profile icon in the top right corner, scroll down and tap Clear Data History and then login fresh.

Last edited by superswiss; 10-27-2020 at 07:41 PM.
Old 11-14-2020, 12:11 AM

‘19 C43 ‘06 C230
Got a call from the dealer today, app finally fixed through a load of software and sensor resets and coordination with MB USA app support team. It was not easy, but to full function.
Old 11-17-2020, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
The new app is here! They kept the name instead of calling it Mercedes Me 2020 as in Europe. Just need to update the current app from the store. Sharing destinations from other apps is back, yey! Car image could use some work. I wanna see my car uncovered. At least the shape appears to be a C Class coupe.

Old 11-17-2020, 04:52 PM

Received 110 Likes on 94 Posts
2021 M550i
do you have an iphone or android? I have an android and it only say 'OPEN' when i go to my app store.
Old 11-17-2020, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
iPhone