Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2020, 12:48 PM

Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts
C43
The German rivals

Old 11-01-2020, 06:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes Benz C43
The bmw was expected but kind of disheartening to see the S4 keep up. Guess it’s time for a EC chip 😓
Old 11-02-2020, 02:36 AM

C43
Originally Posted by JaeB100
The bmw was expected but kind of disheartening to see the S4 keep up. Guess it’s time for a EC chip 😓
That's exactly how I felt. The M340i only has power going for it. The S4 however, I think looks nice and has good technology. I disregarded the M340i when I was shopping around even though I test drove it and it was really noticeably faster than the C43 and S4. I wanted more than just pure speed and was willing to opt for the C43 because literally everything else about it was better than the M340i, aside from power. However, the S4 is cheaper than the C43, looks nice outside and inside and rides more comfortable too.
Old 11-02-2020, 03:36 PM

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts
2004 E55 K Wagon &. '96 SL500
C43 already won a group test of the same 3 cars on the channel last year.
Old 11-05-2020, 11:30 PM

Received 85 Likes on 64 Posts
C450,GLC 63,VW GTI
@Ramsino : what about the c43 put it over the top over the m340i ?
Old 11-06-2020, 12:15 AM

C43
Originally Posted by SilverBullet18
@Ramsino : what about the c43 put it over the top over the m340i ?
It felt more mechanical, has better exhaust sounds (with the PE option), steering wheel feels more natural compared to the M340i's artificially heavy steering, much better interior design and quality, exterior looks more clean and mature - the current M340i's exterior is just really ugly with that new grill and the rest of the car just looks normal and nothing exciting, sound system is better. Overall, it's just better in every way except for the straight line performance. The M340i is definitely a faster car.
Old 11-07-2020, 06:11 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Mercedes AMG C43
Originally Posted by Ramsino
It felt more mechanical, has better exhaust sounds (with the PE option), steering wheel feels more natural compared to the M340i's artificially heavy steering, much better interior design and quality, exterior looks more clean and mature - the current M340i's exterior is just really ugly with that new grill and the rest of the car just looks normal and nothing exciting, sound system is better. Overall, it's just better in every way except for the straight line performance. The M340i is definitely a faster car.
Totally agree with your points and that’s what got me to go with the C43 over Bmw. M340i is quicker in a straight line, no one’s disputing that but the C43 just felt more raw and it was more fun to drive. The PE exhaust still puts a smile on my face after a half a year of owning my car.

when I got into my friend’s M340i, I felt underwhelmed for the price tag. They use quality materials but it just didn’t wow me. When my friends got into my car for the first time, all I heard were compliments. Whether it was the ambient lighting, the steering wheel, the digital dash or the seats.
Old 11-07-2020, 06:31 PM

C43
Originally Posted by highboltage
Totally agree with your points and that’s what got me to go with the C43 over Bmw. M340i is quicker in a straight line, no one’s disputing that but the C43 just felt more raw and it was more fun to drive. The PE exhaust still puts a smile on my face after a half a year of owning my car.

when I got into my friend’s M340i, I felt underwhelmed for the price tag. They use quality materials but it just didn’t wow me. When my friends got into my car for the first time, all I heard were compliments. Whether it was the ambient lighting, the steering wheel, the digital dash or the seats.
Definitely, and it's not like I drag race or even race anyone on the streets for that matter, so the difference in straight line speed isn't that big a deal for me. I do think that Mercedes did a good job with interior design, whereas BMW has good quality materials but the design is somewhat sterile.
Old 11-07-2020, 06:37 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Mercedes AMG C43
Originally Posted by Ramsino
Definitely, and it's not like I drag race or even race anyone on the streets for that matter, so the difference in straight line speed isn't that big a deal for me. I do think that Mercedes did a good job with interior design, whereas BMW has good quality materials but the design is somewhat sterile.
100%. The average person during a daily commute is not going to use all of the power anyways. And I’m not some teenager going out every night to race people. Even if you have a quick car, somewhere someone is always gonna have a quicker car than you so what’s really the point of having something that quick unless you actually track your car.

If you combined MB’s design with bmw materials, that would be perfect. But yes, bmw just feels boring and doesn’t scream luxury for me. I actually preferred my IS350 interior over the 340i