Sponsored by:

Product Review (w/pics): Logos Engineering 200 Cell high flow catted Downpipe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2020, 06:28 PM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
C43 Coupe
Product Review (w/pics): Logos Engineering 200 Cell high flow catted Downpipe

Wanted to share with the community my journey and review of trying to find that extra oomph with my stock PE exhaust in terms of sound and power. I did NOT want to entertain cat-less downpipes as i dont want to deal with that nasty smell (especially since i have an indoor garage, and idle for a min as i put in my GPS addresses), so been there and done that with other cars (n55 bmw). and i am not a fan of the sound profile of catless pipes (heard them), as that high pitched squeal at higher rpms is just plain ol' nasty (no offense).

I wanted something reasonable and not crazy expensive ( I am looking at you Super Sprint) and that has great construction. I wanted 200 cell at the minimum and liked the idea of having a OEM design or near OEM design.

Below are the options I considered and what i landed on:

ARMYTRIX: $2,300$

STONE EXHAUST ( I LIKED THE OEM DESIGN) $2,400:

SUPER SPRINT: (Please note that the price you see is just for 1 side !!!...get the crap outta here)

IPE (TOO MUCHH $!)

I then landed on a company called Logos Engineering Motorworks, after much searching. After some back and fourth emails I found out that their warehouse and finishing facility is not too far away from me. I loved the price and product looked good! so i asked if i can see one of their catted sets and i would purchase right on the spot if all checked out (this was back in August by the way).
i was leery about quality considering the cost, but i was was bored because of lockdown and working from home so i took a socially distant trip.

i was shown a demo set and HOLY COW, these things are built like tanks! they had a nice weight to them and i was looking inside and out of them and i was honestly very very impressed.
After chatting up the rep Steve, i realized that the reason that the quality is so good is because they also design pipes for a lot of online companies (whom i cannot name, but its a who's who of names and im sure you've seen ). They are selling direct to the customer and you are cutting out the $300-$500 middle man . Ive seen cool designs for Lamborghini, Ford GT, Porsche, etc.

took the plunge and picked up a set and this is my review (PLEASE NOTE that i wanted to put a couple of hundred miles on these as i wanted to beat the crap of of them before i came to any assessment).

CONSTRUCTION: as mentioned...superb cost to quality. ive seen and held other downpipes from BMW's, and this feels and looks on par or better than them.

FIT: no issues, went on like a glove.

SOUND: ive heard PE exhausts with catless pipes and i wasnt a fan of the overall sound. with these on.....WOW ...burble, burble, rum, rum rum rum..upon start up. sound is louder and deeper, and the great part is that after 3000rpm...no high pitched wail like catless. and the pops and burbles...Holy Shyt.

PERFORMANCE: i plan to stage 2 my car but in the meantime had these put in, according to the butt dyno there are gains through out, and it pulls a bit harder, the more miles i put on it the better it got ...500+ miles thus far(i chalk this up to the ECU relearning and accommodating). I did disconnect the battery for an hr just to start fresh and start all from a baseline when installed.

SMELL: at first when they warmed up after install there was a weird smell (guess cuz it was new cats), the more and more i drove the less the smell became where right now its about 85% of the OEM smell and i can def live with that.
Pics:

This is where the 02 SENSOR GOES. NOTICE THE sensor is surrounded by cat material

had a cell phone light shine through on the other side to show the flow

Last edited by EbonyCoupe43; 12-26-2020 at 06:31 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by EbonyCoupe43:
BayAreaAMG (12-27-2020), BoyGeezy (12-27-2020), echipman (01-28-2021), jonathan358 (01-29-2021)
Old 12-26-2020, 08:56 PM

Received 310 Likes on 236 Posts
C43
Cool, keep us posted with the stage two results. I was considering high-flow cats for awhile but ended up going catless.
Old 12-26-2020, 09:13 PM

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 c43 amg
Do you have a link to their website? I can't seem to find it. Ty
Old 12-26-2020, 09:34 PM

C43 Coupe
sure...
here you go: https://www.logosengineeringmotorworks.com/mercedes-amg

Old 12-26-2020, 11:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43 cabrio
Videos would be great! I, as well, do not like the sound of catless. Smell I can sort of live with. For that price I would do it also.

Did you install yourself?
Old 12-27-2020, 12:14 AM

C43 Coupe
unfortunately all i have is a Galaxy s6 (dont make fun...i keep my phones forever!...lol) and it doesn't pick it the sound well..but its louder and deep (almost, sounds like a v8...almost). above 3k rpm is sick (in cabin). did not install myself, not that mechanically talented. This would be a nice addition to the standard exhaust as well as this def wakes things up.
Old 12-27-2020, 12:19 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43 cabrio
No worries. Keep us updated on the product. A lot of people on here are looking for something like this. You should get a tune (jb4) and see how it feels then. I have a hunch you'll feel like it's a different car again with the tune.

How is comfort mode with downpipes?
The following users liked this post:
Freder8d (01-24-2021)
Old 12-27-2020, 11:54 AM

C43 Coupe
Comfort is good. with it engaged you can still tell there is something there.
Old 12-29-2020, 04:32 PM

Received 85 Likes on 64 Posts
C450,GLC 63,VW GTI
I actually purchased these downpies for my wifes c400 about a month ago. i will post a video when i can...it has a H-pipe exhaust on it so the base line sound will be different for stock exhaust owners but close to what the PE with them sounds like. what i can say is its the sexy icing on the cake! like the OP said, 980$ is a freakin steal for the quality.

Last edited by SilverBullet18; 02-01-2021 at 11:06 PM.
Old 01-07-2021, 04:51 PM

C43 Coupe
For those interested on this forum by the way...mention this post and you will get $50.00 off your purchase price. ( i wish this would have been done sooner :P, for my sake).

BayAreaAMG (01-08-2021)
Old 01-07-2021, 08:26 PM
paj

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
17 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by EbonyCoupe43
For those interested on this forum by the way...mention this post and you will get $50.00 off your purchase price. ( i wish this would have been done sooner :P, for my sake).
Thanks, definitely interested!
Old 01-08-2021, 12:39 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
2016 Mercedes C450
Thanks for sharing! Have been searching for a catted one due to where I live for a long time and also could not look at those prices... Now this logos is looking like a great value. Might be pulling the trigger in the next couple of weeks.
Old 01-15-2021, 01:30 PM

2016 Mercedes C450
Just got mine in the mail today, Looks and feels great! Just waiting on Wagner Intercooler from Martin Tuning to arrive and installing both. Will provide sound feedback when it is installed.
The following 2 users liked this post by rapha_22:
Freder8d (01-24-2021), SilverBullet18 (01-16-2021)
Old 01-28-2021, 09:35 AM
paj

17 C43 AMG
Just ordered mine this morning.
Old 01-28-2021, 08:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 C450 AMG
Those are some sweet looking downpipes. Thanks for all the research and posting the information. I to don't want to go with catles pipes. This sounds like a really good option for me. Also, thanks for spear heading the discount.
Old 01-28-2021, 11:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 C43 AMG Coupe
I have these as well and they are great.
Old 02-01-2021, 05:14 PM

2016 Mercedes C450

Logos Engineering DP

OEM DP

OEM vs Logos

Here is a link to a video I uploaded to Youtube with a sound clip, the car had been on for a few moments so ending of cold start cycle, she sounds mean (disclaimer: I have a muffler delete as well)

Major kudos to the guys at Eurocharged in Buffalo, NY who installed it. They have a talented AMG technician who also installed my Wagner Intercooler. The price was very fair, competitive and the service excellent as usual! Just tell them your constraints and they will help you work around it, they definitely put my mind at ease being I had a three hour drive there and back. Can't wait for their grand opening in a couple of months to put her on the dyno and see what she is putting down.

Thank you @EbonyCoupe43 for going through the motions and hooking us up with a discount!!!
Old 02-01-2021, 06:43 PM
paj

17 C43 AMG
Ok guys, I have received the downpipes! Going to Tulsa Thursday. Getting an oil change, install the new powerstop rotors front/rear, carbon ceramic pads, the downpipes and fully opening up my Renntech BOV. Should be a long expensive day lol!
The guys at Logos asked for sound clips that they can use for the downpipes!

Last edited by paj; 02-02-2021 at 07:13 PM.
rapha_22 (02-01-2021)
Old 02-01-2021, 08:53 PM

2016 Mercedes C450
I didn't mention on my post but after just re-reading OP just wanted to add a point and say the car adjusted to the new downpipes progressively. I drove right off the bat 200 miles on Friday to get home after install (also had just flashed stage 2 tune, new Intercooler, other maintenance items, so a few things happening at the same time). On my drive back my wife was with me so no serious/hard pulls, but I did feel it out a bit and could tell car would hesitate a little. In the beginning of the drive I got a little concerned, I would put my foot down progressively harder and boost would build, stop and then build again. This kept happening until I was finally able to do a few pulls where the car traveled the entire RPM range in a couple different gears on Saturday. I wanted to ease into it as there is always that concern something would happen/break so I started going into into power slowly until I went WOT throughout the day. The more I drove and turned off/on the car the better it got. Driving today was definitely different then first day, I can now feel the car working in harmony with the modifications and man I am stoked!
Old 02-02-2021, 08:25 AM
paj

17 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by rapha_22
I didn't mention on my post but after just re-reading OP just wanted to add a point and say the car adjusted to the new downpipes progressively. I drove right off the bat 200 miles on Friday to get home after install (also had just flashed stage 2 tune, new Intercooler, other maintenance items, so a few things happening at the same time). On my drive back my wife was with me so no serious/hard pulls, but I did feel it out a bit and could tell car would hesitate a little. In the beginning of the drive I got a little concerned, I would put my foot down progressively harder and boost would build, stop and then build again. This kept happening until I was finally able to do a few pulls where the car traveled the entire RPM range in a couple different gears on Saturday. I wanted to ease into it as there is always that concern something would happen/break so I started going into into power slowly until I went WOT throughout the day. The more I drove and turned off/on the car the better it got. Driving today was definitely different then first day, I can now feel the car working in harmony with the modifications and man I am stoked!
Yeah I wondered about that. I plan on having the shop disconnect the negative battery cable.
Old 02-02-2021, 12:58 PM

C43 Coupe
Nice response by the community, im glad to have highlighted a cool mod for those seeking the extra step. If I am correct, as with any tune..the car has to re-learn and implement the new air and fuel ratios. so a couple of cycles usually does the trick (on and off, and putting some miles on it).
rapha_22 (02-02-2021)
Old 02-02-2021, 05:33 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 129 Likes on 68 Posts
S5,C450
Thanks everyone for the business and fantastic reviews. We have some exciting products coming down the pipeline that we will be revealing soon. Some members on the forums already have been running production ready, or preliminary prototypes.
The following 2 users liked this post by LogosMotorworks:
BoyGeezy (02-03-2021), rapha_22 (02-02-2021)
Old 02-02-2021, 05:47 PM

2016 Mercedes C450
Care to share more with us? You have my curiosity now.

You may also find more willing testers here...
Old 02-03-2021, 09:16 AM

Received 75 Likes on 54 Posts
Acura TL-SH, among others
Since this isn't removing the cat, does it throw a CEL? Just asking, because I don't want a tune, I would rather just stick with a JB4.
Old 02-03-2021, 05:38 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 129 Likes on 68 Posts
S5,C450
Without giving too much away, We actually source our metallic catalysts from the same vendor/company that SARD japan uses for their products. These have an above average precious metal content, and materials that allow for a cleaner scrubbing of the gases and reads cleaner to the sensor (therefore not triggering anything). This however does not guarantee no CEL because essentially your going from 600 (stock/OEM) cell to 200. We have had much success with this particular model and having no CEL's including a relative of mine who is running these along JB4 (like yourself).

Just like tuning anything, there are always risks as these are a case by case basis, even elevation has an effect on readouts on emissions (Colorado vs. New York for example on the same car).If by any chance there is a CEL, an appropriate sensor spacer can do the trick to bring it back to balance.

Feel free to email us to discuss further: https://www.logosengineeringmotorworks.com/contato-1

Howyalivin (02-04-2021)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Product Review (w/pics): Logos Engineering 200 Cell high flow catted Downpipe