Sponsored by:

Tuning a C43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2021, 02:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
amg gt s , supercharged c6 g.s corvette
Tuning a C43

I have been wondering what everyone s experience has been like with a tuned C43.One guy on you tube blew his motor has a Amr tune and seems to think his engine blew because of that .He also mentioned that he had been adding coolant as of late so in my view his head gaskets were leaking . Have any of you heard of a problem with these motors if they get a tune or even without a tune for that matter? i am a used car dealer and just got an 2018 4 door as a daily driver .
Old 02-11-2021, 07:11 PM

Received 87 Likes on 71 Posts
CLS400 4Matic EC Tuned
What stage was his tune? I would only do a stage 1 tune on a C43 as it seems much safer, and the numbers would already be insane for just stage 1. I have a CLS400 tuned by Eurocharged, with just under 56,000km, and have been tuned since 49,000km, so the engine is similar, and I've had zero issues with my car (knocking on wood). Depending on whether you have your factory warranty is where I'd make my decision on getting a tune. If you're still under warranty, I wouldn't, unless it's with RennTech and your dealer says it won't void your warranty. Pretty sure every other tuning company will void your warranty. There is a YouTuber with a Eurocharged C43 coupe, the channel is Amgenetics if you want to get a better idea. Good luck!
Old 02-12-2021, 12:30 AM

Received 75 Likes on 54 Posts
Acura TL-SH, among others
Originally Posted by philster-1
I have been wondering what everyone s experience has been like with a tuned C43.One guy on you tube blew his motor has a Amr tune and seems to think his engine blew because of that .He also mentioned that he had been adding coolant as of late so in my view his head gaskets were leaking . Have any of you heard of a problem with these motors if they get a tune or even without a tune for that matter? i am a used car dealer and just got an 2018 4 door as a daily driver .
Around 2 months ago, a forum member here blew his motor, with an AMR tune. Draw your own conclusion.

I haven't heard of a Eurocharged motor blowing, but they also offer a warranty

Found the link.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...sket-leak.html

Last edited by Howyalivin; 02-12-2021 at 08:03 PM.
The following users liked this post:
loungn14 (03-06-2021)
Old 02-12-2021, 07:54 AM

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
2017 AMG C43
He had AMR tune, not with a MyGenius either. He had downpipes abd BMS Air intakes. I think his car was that 1 out every cars. He said he wasn't even driving it that hard. I've had Eurocharged for almost a year putting on 30k+ miles. I think he's 1 of 2 that have gone catastrophic. Everything you do to modify your vehicle creates risk. Eurocharged offers a warranty, AMR doesn't. Plus Eurocharged is about 1/3 the cost for similar outputs. AMR offers a few bells and whistles more, but nothing more in power. Fastest C43 1/4 mile is a Eurocharged tuned vehicle. Look up Jake Pederson, he owns Eurocharged and can steer you in the right direction.
Old 02-12-2021, 11:08 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C450
I tuned my C450 last year with the Eurocharged handheld and zero issues. Def tell the difference. Don't expect to tune your C43 and be like oh damn am I in a C63S now? You'll feel it, just not a crazy difference.
Old 02-12-2021, 01:57 PM

2017 AMG C43
Originally Posted by razorsharp450
I tuned my C450 last year with the Eurocharged handheld and zero issues. Def tell the difference. Don't expect to tune your C43 and be like oh damn am I in a C63S now? You'll feel it, just not a crazy difference.
I beg to differ sir. Now my tune isnt a stock tune, I got into a pissing match with AMR owner and some of his fanboys and requested a more agressive tune. Sent my tune back to Jerry and provided a more agressive tune. I add 3-4 gal of E85 and along with BMS intakes can pull a C63s from a dig through the quarter.
Old 02-12-2021, 01:59 PM

2017 AMG C43
Originally Posted by philster-1
Where are you located? As you browse through posts, you'll find your answer. The YouTube guy was the exception. My advice find someone who has a tune and go for a ride. You'll know then what to do.
Old 02-12-2021, 08:02 PM

I'll agree with Freder8. A good tune will have the C43 outrunning a stock C63s. Not from a highway roll or anything, but definitely from a stop.
Old 02-12-2021, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Freder8d
I beg to differ sir. Now my tune isnt a stock tune, I got into a pissing match with AMR owner and some of his fanboys and requested a more agressive tune. Sent my tune back to Jerry and provided a more agressive tune. I add 3-4 gal of E85 and along with BMS intakes can pull a C63s from a dig through the quarter.
It's not as uncommon with AMR it seems. That forum post I linked above was just a couple months ago, and in that same post, another one was mentioned. Combine that with the fact that they delete posts that are critical of their product, on the FB page, or from customers with issues, and have had it done here as well, and there should be enough reason to beware.
Old 02-13-2021, 03:53 AM

2017 AMG C43
Originally Posted by Howyalivin
It's not as uncommon with AMR it seems. That forum post I linked above was just a couple months ago, and in that same post, another one was mentioned. Combine that with the fact that they delete posts that are critical of their product, on the FB page, or from customers with issues, and have had it done here as well, and there should be enough reason to beware.
Yup, Robert the owner is a douche. He kicked me out because I was referring Eurocharged over theirs for about 1/3 the price for comparable performance gains. Here is the screenshots of their **** talk.
Attached Thumbnails Tuning a C43-amr-shit-talk-1-.png   Tuning a C43-amr-shit-talk-2-.png   Tuning a C43-amr-talk-3.png  

Last edited by Freder8d; 05-20-2021 at 03:40 AM. Reason: Missing Pictures
Old 02-13-2021, 05:19 AM

Yup, Robert the owner is a douche. He kicked me out because I was referring Eurocharged over theirs for about 1/3 the price for comparable performance gains. Here is the screenshots of their **** talk. 1st image is Robert the owner opening his mouth. 2nd image my response to him so you can see all of it. First image my response was cut off. And 3rd image was my response to his fanboy Cameron, who had initially gotten raped by a shady tuner before AMR.

They talk a good game, like to show videos, brag about features, and show dyno pulls. The fact is, when you look at track times and mods, EC is faster. We have a fast AMR car mentioned in posts on this forum, but it's also stacking a JB4 and other mods. AMR was presenting it as just their tune, with DPs.

Edit for clarity: I definitely wasn't disrespecting the owner of the AMR tuned car. They're running some fast times and pioneering combos to seriously low times. That sort of thing can only be good for the community.

Last edited by Howyalivin; 02-13-2021 at 05:22 AM.
Old 02-13-2021, 01:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 c43 AMG
He had AMR tune, not with a MyGenius either. He had downpipes abd BMS Air intakes. I think his car was that 1 out every cars. He said he wasn't even driving it that hard. I've had Eurocharged for almost a year putting on 30k+ miles. I think he's 1 of 2 that have gone catastrophic. Everything you do to modify your vehicle creates risk. Eurocharged offers a warranty, AMR doesn't. Plus Eurocharged is about 1/3 the cost for similar outputs. AMR offers a few bells and whistles more, but nothing more in power. Fastest C43 1/4 mile is a Eurocharged tuned vehicle. Look up Jake Pederson, he owns Eurocharged and can steer you in the right direction.
I believe they only offer the warranty if Eurocharged themselves installed the tune. I remember them telling me this when i purchased the hand held device which I end up returning cause I wasn’t gonna take that risk
Old 02-13-2021, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 Mercedes Amg C44
hey, I am the US and Eurocharged claims 100+hp and 100+ lbs of torque; you didn’t get those gains?
Old 02-13-2021, 07:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 191 Likes on 135 Posts
C190
Originally Posted by elgordazo
hey, I am the US and Eurocharged claims 100+hp and 100+ lbs of torque; you didn’t get those gains?
I did Eurocharged on my 2019 C43, and the gains were there but not very obvious. I logged the boost and it only increased by maybe 1-2psi at certain places, otherwise it remained at a peak of around 16psi at most of the rpm band during WOT which was around the same as stock.
Old 02-14-2021, 12:31 PM
BMS
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 152 Likes on 109 Posts
2018 C63 Sedan
Just a JB4 alone gets you close or equal to flash tunes on performance for less money in a format you can easily remove and resell down the road.
Old 02-14-2021, 01:10 PM

Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts
C43
I agree with the JB4 or a piggyback. If you're going to get a flash tune, you need stage 2 and up to make it worth it. If you're just getting a stage 1 tune, not go E85 or anything, then a flash tune doesn't make sense.

Also, to the poster above who "begs to differ", your situation is different because you're mixing E85 already. With just 91 or 93 octane, a stage 1 Eurocharged tune is just kind of noticeable over stock. It's weird to me that some people claim crazy performance, even a stock Audi RS3 claims pretty crazy numbers from the factory, but it pretty much can only attain those figures with 98 octane. If you're putting different fuel or different grades into your vehicle, then this already changes the game; it's not the tune as much as it is the fuel. Now, whoever can get the best numbers on 91 octane, that's the tuner I'm interested in.

Last edited by Ramsino; 02-14-2021 at 01:13 PM.
Old 02-15-2021, 04:47 AM

2017 AMG C43
Originally Posted by Ramsino
I agree with the JB4 or a piggyback. If you're going to get a flash tune, you need stage 2 and up to make it worth it. If you're just getting a stage 1 tune, not go E85 or anything, then a flash tune doesn't make sense.

Also, to the poster above who "begs to differ", your situation is different because you're mixing E85 already. With just 91 or 93 octane, a stage 1 Eurocharged tune is just kind of noticeable over stock. It's weird to me that some people claim crazy performance, even a stock Audi RS3 claims pretty crazy numbers from the factory, but it pretty much can only attain those figures with 98 octane. If you're putting different fuel or different grades into your vehicle, then this already changes the game; it's not the tune as much as it is the fuel. Now, whoever can get the best numbers on 91 octane, that's the tuner I'm interested in.
Ok, maybe I'm confused. I have a Stage 1 tune by Eurocharged. It's a little more agressive than a standard Stage 1 I guess because I had Jerry at Eurocharged redo mine anticipating someone with an AMR tune would want to run them. And until recently added BMS intakes. I'm in California running 91 octane and adding E85. The tune will adjust to the add. Anyone could request the same tune. But to say that "it's just kinda noticeable over stock" is an understatement. If your out her in Southern California let me know, and I'll let you drive my car and then see if you have the same reaction.

Last edited by Freder8d; 02-15-2021 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Misspelled words
Vincent Lluch (02-15-2021)
Old 02-15-2021, 05:04 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
C63s
I had a c450 for a short while and I went stage 1 with OE. I agree with those who say stage 1 is much more than "just a little power increase". Stage 1 transformed my car. Now, it was no rocket ship, but it definitely added a fair amount of power. I was tuned for 8k miles and around 8 months before someone came along and totaled the car, but during the time I had it I had no issues to speak of.

Yes, I understand a lot of ecu tuning is re-mapping throttle response; that is not what I'm talking about. Power increase at WOT post tune was marked. My analysis is purely butt dyno....absolutely no numbers to back up my claim, but if someone told me their stage 1 tune didn't do much, I'd be raising my eyebrows. Then, I'd be telling them to find another tuner.

I always run 93 octane Shell or BP and I'm in the northeast if that helps anyone.
SALES@OETUNING (02-16-2021)
Old 02-15-2021, 08:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C190
Originally Posted by '1663s
I had a c450 for a short while and I went stage 1 with OE. I agree with those who say stage 1 is much more than "just a little power increase". Stage 1 transformed my car. Now, it was no rocket ship, but it definitely added a fair amount of power. I was tuned for 8k miles and around 8 months before someone came along and totaled the car, but during the time I had it I had no issues to speak of.

Yes, I understand a lot of ecu tuning is re-mapping throttle response; that is not what I'm talking about. Power increase at WOT post tune was marked. My analysis is purely butt dyno....absolutely no numbers to back up my claim, but if someone told me their stage 1 tune didn't do much, I'd be raising my eyebrows. Then, I'd be telling them to find another tuner.

I always run 93 octane Shell or BP and I'm in the northeast if that helps anyone.
This following is a WOT log of my 2019 C43 tuned by Eurocharged, and then JB4. You can see the bulk of the increase in boost (blue line) from the EC tune around 2000-3500rpm and then above 5000rpm, compared to the next screenshot of stock boost (white line) and my JB4 (blue line). I had them try to increase the tune twice, so in total I had three files from them, but the output was more or less the same for all three tries.

It’s also obvious that there is not enough ignition timing to get good power, it is very hot and humid where I live, and this is one of the reasons why the C43 isn’t really cut out for big power increases from tuning.

Last edited by TModelle; 02-15-2021 at 08:39 AM.
Old 02-15-2021, 10:42 AM

Received 82 Likes on 36 Posts
'17 C43 AMG [Stage 1+]
Originally Posted by TModelle
This following is a WOT log of my 2019 C43 tuned by Eurocharged, and then JB4. You can see the bulk of the increase in boost (blue line) from the EC tune around 2000-3500rpm and then above 5000rpm, compared to the next screenshot of stock boost (white line) and my JB4 (blue line). I had them try to increase the tune twice, so in total I had three files from them, but the output was more or less the same for all three tries.

It’s also obvious that there is not enough ignition timing to get good power, it is very hot and humid where I live, and this is one of the reasons why the C43 isn’t really cut out for big power increases from tuning.
You mentioned you had both EC and jb4, did you ever attempt stacking in order to get to the boost you actually want by letting the jb4 fill in the gap?
Old 02-15-2021, 11:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 c43 AMG
Ok, maybe I'm confused. I have a Stage 1 tune by Eurocharged. It's a little more agressive than a standard Stage 1 I guess because I had Jerry at Eurocharged redo mine anticipating someone with an AMR tune would want to run them. And until recently added BMS intakes. I'm in California running 91 octane and adding E85. The tune will adjust to the add. Anyone could request the same tune. But to say that "it's just kinda noticeable over stock" is an understatement. If your out her in Southern California let me know, and I'll let you drive my car and then see if you have the same reaction.
what year is your merc bro?
Old 02-15-2021, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C190
Originally Posted by 5ynatra
You mentioned you had both EC and jb4, did you ever attempt stacking in order to get to the boost you actually want by letting the jb4 fill in the gap?
My target was 19-20psi and I tried stacking on both EC and stock tune, the result was the same so I just ran JB4.

I also ran an unblocked CPC, which did not make a difference either.

I figured there was not much more I could do to tune the C43 any further unless major hardware changes were made, or run WMI.

Long story short, the tuning potential of the C43 is severely limited. The funny thing is when driving the C43 I constantly wanted more power, but on my current ride I find it powerful enough to not want to mod anything as it is plenty quick out of the box.
Old 02-15-2021, 05:42 PM

Received 82 Likes on 36 Posts
'17 C43 AMG [Stage 1+]
Originally Posted by TModelle
My target was 19-20psi and I tried stacking on both EC and stock tune, the result was the same so I just ran JB4.

I also ran an unblocked CPC, which did not make a difference either.

I figured there was not much more I could do to tune the C43 any further unless major hardware changes were made, or run WMI.

Long story short, the tuning potential of the C43 is severely limited. The funny thing is when driving the C43 I constantly wanted more power, but on my current ride I find it powerful enough to not want to mod anything as it is plenty quick out of the box.
Maybe your tuning issues stemmed from tuning the facelift version that early on? I remember seeing some people complain about the tuning potential being significantly better on the PFL ones, but glad you found a replacement
Old 02-15-2021, 11:05 PM

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts
2018 AMG C43 SEDAN EC Stage 1
just purchased a stage 1 eurocharged tune for my 2018 c43 sedan. the handheld module arrives this friday, willing and glad to help with my process to help inform you. lmk what you would like to knw as i go through this process
loungn14 (03-06-2021)
Old 02-16-2021, 05:13 AM

2017 AMG C43
Originally Posted by Vincent Lluch
what year is your merc bro?
2017. You out here in So Cal?
Vincent Lluch (02-16-2021)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tuning a C43