Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ModalWorks True Cold Air Induction System, performance data

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2021, 02:37 PM

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
2015 C400
Thanks @Star4life , great pics and update! Will the ‘open air’ option use the same filter & intake pipe as the complete system? In other words, if I choose to start with the open air model, would I be able to do an incremental upgrade later? Or is it two completely different systems? Thanks!

Last edited by Darrington; 09-12-2021 at 02:41 PM.
Old 09-12-2021, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 173 Posts
Amg C43
I have a ‘19 stock c43 and my 60-130 are higher than these stock numbers. What are others getting with stock?
Old 09-12-2021, 04:47 PM

Received 311 Likes on 237 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by MaverickC43
I have a ‘19 stock c43 and my 60-130 are higher than these stock numbers. What are others getting with stock?
The “stock” numbers quoted above are with the stock intake on a “stage 1” tune.
The following users liked this post:
MaverickC43 (09-13-2021)
Old 09-12-2021, 09:13 PM

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe
I doubt it, looks like the original piece is cut short and a silicon coupler + hose clamp is installed in place to connect the filter. So if you were to buy the rest at another time, would have to look into DIYing it with some JB Weld.
Old 09-13-2021, 06:55 AM

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
2017 AMG C43
Originally Posted by Star4life
I am going to try to say this in a nice way. We have a company here among others, trying to get quality aftermarket products to market to enhance vehicle performance. Lets not bog these guys down. if its too expensive in your opinion, move along. Plenty of cheap intakes for you to buy. To even put this intake in the same ball park as MST or BMS is laughable. I do not want to say those intakes are bad necessarily as I ran BMS for quite a while albeit it was the only product on the market. In the winter BMS was awesome. In the summer, or waiting in line at the strip, not so much but it was still better than stock as we see in above testing. In any market, most people prefer the oem intake as they provide better performance up to a point. Most people go with an aftermarket intake for the sound. And its uneducated to expect any amount of power increase from an intake alone. Most factory intakes are sufficient enough for stage 1 tunes. But once you get past this level and become serious about your car, a variable called IAT starts to become important in addition to CFM of airflow. BMS and other open air designs solve 1 problem (Airflow) but not the other problem (IAT). If you dont know what IAT is, it is Intake Air Temperature. Above certain levels, the car will start to pull power to protect the motor from pre detonation so you don't throw a rod. This carbon intake solves the CFM issue for highly tuned cars, and also solves the IAT issue. If you do not see the benefit of this intake you probably are not buying an intake for power gains and more for sound. Which is fine but anyone serious about making power in the c43 will see this intake is the solution.

Look at any carbon fiber intake for a "real" platform (ie. e63, c63, BMW M, etc.) and I think you will see the $1200 price point is dirt cheap. I'll assume most of you don't run a business or have any business experience with the way you are talking. Lets not forget, to produce these, you have materials, labor, pieces cost, R&D time, Mold cost, customer service, wiring harness, silicone couplers, logistics, packaging, etc. the list goes on to bring product to market that you can just bolt on. Lets give these guys a hand and encourage more companies to build products for our platform vs other -potential manufactures seeing this thread and getting scared away from the platform due to keyboard warriors.
I'll start off by saying, I've seen your posts and your comments and I've respected your point of view up until this response. Your condescending response is based on your assumptions which do make you look like the first three letters of the word! And I'm going to respond to your post because your wrong, on many things. Especially your assumptions that we (I) don't know a thing about cars and performance. Just because a company comes out with a product doesn't mean we can't give feedback. I mean that's the whole point in posting in a forum like this anyway, isn't it? And I'm pretty sure feedback on costs isn't going to "bogg them down!" And last I checked this wasn't your post, so you saying to move on cause of price, is not your place to say! And no there are not plenty of cheap intakes to choose from for these cars. There are currently 2. And putting them in the same ballpark is not laughable because it is the same game! Market dictates they are in the same ballpark! And your experience with the BMS is laughable. I don't sit in line at a dragstrip, I want it for real-world driving, so yeah the IAT's aren't the issue like you had. And your assumptions of going with an aftermarket intake for the sound is an ignorant statement. You may be a poser and do things like that, but don't assume anybody else does without fact checking first! And your statement about being uneducated to expect any amount of power increase with just an air intake in itself is also false in many ways. One that it does nothing for power increase and two for you to assume that nobody has modified their cars for performance. So when I asked about the performance increase it was based on my car. Which is Eurocharged custom tuned w/downpipes, w/BMS intakes on E30. So your little education on Air intakes temps and airflow of cfm is understood. Maybe more than you! And for clarity the main reason I would consider this intake is for the Ram Air effect these would have. And to say $1200 is dirt cheap is another ignorant statement for you to make. So your going to speak for everyone with that statement are you now? And to answer your question, yes I have owned a business. A few of them and made a shiit ton of money running and then selling them. R&D is part of the business, and you can't expect to recoup that investment for a while after your product has hit the market. And as a business person, in my opinion I think at that price they would be pricing themselves out of the market for this vehicle. Let me finish by saying this: Companies use forums like this for honest feedback. And honest feedback is what's needed to give them a markets point of view. If we just sat around and blew smoke up their *** like your saying we should do, how would they guage whether or not a product is marketable or not? Feedback is needed, good or bad so remember that the next time you go off on a crusade and you yourself turn into a keyboard warrior;

Last edited by Freder8d; 09-13-2021 at 07:09 AM.
Old 09-13-2021, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 346 Likes on 207 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by SlagDizzle
Question: Will this system reuse any of the OEM intake components? Only reason I am asking is currently have a BMS intake, but since the original filter housings aren't used, there are no mounting points for the AMG engine cover... I'd like to chop those down to fabricate mounting points that are usable, but don't want to chop them up if any part is reused on your system when I go for that...

R/
Brian
This system does not use any OEM intake components in the closed form. It is also much larger than the BMS system so I wouldn't modify anything until you get the intake and install. You will not need oem mounting points on filter box for new modified engine cover. There is one oem mounting point it uses on intake manifold and the rubber connection to the oem cold air intake piece is all it needs to stay in place.

In the open form, it does reuse the stock air guides but does not use the stock air box or elbows to turbos.

Originally Posted by Darrington
Thanks @Star4life , great pics and update! Will the ‘open air’ option use the same filter & intake pipe as the complete system? In other words, if I choose to start with the open air model, would I be able to do an incremental upgrade later? Or is it two completely different systems? Thanks!
Yes it uses the same filter and intake pipe. It can be upgraded to the closed model at any point. It will be the same pieces.

I doubt that but hey post some dragy or time slips to prove it! Stock c43, even the facelift with slighly more power than prefacelift will do mid 12s stock 60-130 on a good day.

Originally Posted by jonathan358
I doubt it, looks like the original piece is cut short and a silicon coupler + hose clamp is installed in place to connect the filter. So if you were to buy the rest at another time, would have to look into DIYing it with some JB Weld.
this is incorrect. The open design can be upgraded to the closed design at any point in time!

Originally Posted by Freder8d
I'll start off by saying, I've seen your posts and your comments and I've respected your point of view up until this response. Your condescending response is based on your assumptions which do make you look like the first three letters of the word! And I'm going to respond to your post because your wrong, on many things. Especially your assumptions that we (I) don't know a thing about cars and performance. Just because a company comes out with a product doesn't mean we can't give feedback. I mean that's the whole point in posting in a forum like this anyway, isn't it? And I'm pretty sure feedback on costs isn't going to "bogg them down!" And last I checked this wasn't your post, so you saying to move on cause of price, is not your place to say! And no there are not plenty of cheap intakes to choose from for these cars. There are currently 2. And putting them in the same ballpark is not laughable because it is the same game! Market dictates they are in the same ballpark! And your experience with the BMS is laughable. I don't sit in line at a dragstrip, I want it for real-world driving, so yeah the IAT's aren't the issue like you had. And your assumptions of going with an aftermarket intake for the sound is an ignorant statement. You may be a poser and do things like that, but don't assume anybody else does without fact checking first! And your statement about being uneducated to expect any amount of power increase with just an air intake in itself is also false in many ways. One that it does nothing for power increase and two for you to assume that nobody has modified their cars for performance. So when I asked about the performance increase it was based on my car. Which is Eurocharged custom tuned w/downpipes, w/BMS intakes on E30. So your little education on Air intakes temps and airflow of cfm is understood. Maybe more than you! And for clarity the main reason I would consider this intake is for the Ram Air effect these would have. And to say $1200 is dirt cheap is another ignorant statement for you to make. So your going to speak for everyone with that statement are you now? And to answer your question, yes I have owned a business. A few of them and made a shiit ton of money running and then selling them. R&D is part of the business, and you can't expect to recoup that investment for a while after your product has hit the market. And as a business person, in my opinion I think at that price they would be pricing themselves out of the market for this vehicle. Let me finish by saying this: Companies use forums like this for honest feedback. And honest feedback is what's needed to give them a markets point of view. If we just sat around and blew smoke up their *** like your saying we should do, how would they guage whether or not a product is marketable or not? Feedback is needed, good or bad so remember that the next time you go off on a crusade and you yourself turn into a keyboard warrior;
For the record, I wasn't singling any one person out or aiming this response at you. I do have a stake in this because I have helped ModalWorks bring this beautiful intake to life and I plan to sell it. Besides the business aspect, having owned a c43 for almost 5 years and being one of the fastest recorded c43 in the world (check your dragy charts for danjmart) I can say with 100% confidence that no other intake compares to this and if you want the best performance, this is the one to get at any cost. Comparing to ANY other full CF intake on the market, it is cheaper. If you want to compare to other c43 intakes, sure, it is more expensive. Performance comes at a cost. Bending a tube and sticking a filter on it is pretty cheap but gets the job done but not as well as the enclosed intake we have here.

Since the whole point of a forum is to give feedback, I guess I'll give mine to you since you wanted to single yourself out. "So unless your system doubles the HP you can get from the BMS intakes you've got a hard sell at double the price. You've got to be closer to BMS and MST prices to be marketable. Of course that's just my opinion, and I could be wrong!" Well, you are wrong. Intakes themselves don't "double HP" or even increase HP on their own. They only add HP if you can't get enough air into the system with the stock setup for the tune the car is running. They are a supporting mod. They are not a power adder. Do you own HP Tuners, JB4 or any other logging device? Do you even know what your IAT values are? Running E30, have you measured your high pressure fuel rail? What are you dropping to? I am sure your 3-4 gear change drops your pressure seriously low. You run a good tune from Eurocharged, but to me it sounds like you are a butt dyno kinda guy. That's fine, nothing wrong with that. Thats 75% of the customers. They just want the car to be faster but the most important aspect is to feel faster. With your eurocharged tune e30 and dp I am sure it has made your car more fun than stock and definitely quicker. But even daily driving, the BMS filters will heat soak. Our engine bays get hot. Unless you are always driving 45MPH+ and never stopping, an open filter design will heat soak. That is fact. Sitting at a drag strip can be swapped with sitting at a red light. Most wont care. The car will still feel and be faster than stock which we proved to everyone with the results on page 1. The "open style" aftermarket intake was indeed faster than stock. It solved the CFM problem. But it didn't solve the IAT problem.

Last thing from your statement that I would recommend editing out. "the main reason I would consider this intake is for the Ram Air effect these would have." You do realize our cars have turbos right? The turbos will pressurize the air going into the motor more than any ram air intake will.

Here are some calculated figures for Ram Air pressure based on speed assuming you have a straight shot into your measuring compartmetn. 10 mph = 0.002 psi, 20 mph = 0.007 psi, 30 mph = 0.016 psi, 40 mph = 0.028 psi, 50 mph = 0.044 psi, 60 mph = 0.064 psi, 70 mph = 0.087 psi, 80 mph = 0.114 psi, 90 mph = 0.144 psi, 100 mph = 0.177 psi, 150 mph = 0.399 psi, 200 mph = 0.710 psi, 250 mph = 1.109 psi, 300 mph = 1.597 psi, 350 mph = 2.174 psi, 400 mph = 2.840 psi, 450 mph = 3.594 psi, 500 mph = 4.437 psi, 550 mph = 5.369 psi, 600 mph = 6.390 psi 650 mph = 7.499 psi, 700 mph = 8.697 psi, 750 mph = 9.984 psi

Under full throttle your EC tuned car is most likely holding in the 14-18PSI range . You would need to be going faster than 750MPH to even realize any sort of ram air effect equivalent to your turbos compressing the air. These intakes are for CFM flow to the turbos and keeping IAT on the intake side low so that way the intercooler doesnt have to cool the compressed air as much. That's it. And they look good doing it.
The following 2 users liked this post by Star4life:
Darrington (09-13-2021), Herrerrera (11-25-2021)
Old 09-13-2021, 10:38 AM

2015 C400
@Star4life - thanks for the feedback on the open air design, good to know and consider. Makes it a pseudo payment plan!
Star4life (09-13-2021)
Old 09-13-2021, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Amg C43
Thank you for your response. I was not clear I guess. I meant my 60-130 times were higher, not better than the stock times u posted. But someone says the stock times were with a stage 1 tune.
that makes more sense.
Old 09-13-2021, 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 AMG
Thank you for your response. I was not clear I guess. I meant my 60-130 times were higher, not better than the stock times u posted. But someone says the stock times were with a stage 1 tune.
that makes more sense.
Ahh I see. Sorry for the confusion! Yes the stock times were with stage 1 tune but on stock air filters and stock air box.
Old 09-13-2021, 01:50 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 393 Likes on 284 Posts
E55 C63
Originally Posted by ParadigmDawg
Who cares? If the data supports the performance and you can and want to pay the price, more power to them. This is America....they can charge whatever they want for it...lol....

Not saying its a bad thing,. There are plenty of high quality manufacturers out of china. Only issue Ive ever heard of on a modalworks CF part was yellowing, And that was a clear coat issue that is easily resolved. These are a custom designed carbon fiber part with a custom mold, Not an off the shelf alibaba component.
Old 09-13-2021, 06:16 PM

2017 AMG C43
This system does not use any OEM intake components in the closed form. It is also much larger than the BMS system so I wouldn't modify anything until you get the intake and install. You will not need oem mounting points on filter box for new modified engine cover. There is one oem mounting point it uses on intake manifold and the rubber connection to the oem cold air intake piece is all it needs to stay in place.

In the open form, it does reuse the stock air guides but does not use the stock air box or elbows to turbos.

Yes it uses the same filter and intake pipe. It can be upgraded to the closed model at any point. It will be the same pieces.

I doubt that but hey post some dragy or time slips to prove it! Stock c43, even the facelift with slighly more power than prefacelift will do mid 12s stock 60-130 on a good day.

this is incorrect. The open design can be upgraded to the closed design at any point in time!

For the record, I wasn't singling any one person out or aiming this response at you. I do have a stake in this because I have helped ModalWorks bring this beautiful intake to life and I plan to sell it. Besides the business aspect, having owned a c43 for almost 5 years and being one of the fastest recorded c43 in the world (check your dragy charts for danjmart) I can say with 100% confidence that no other intake compares to this and if you want the best performance, this is the one to get at any cost. Comparing to ANY other full CF intake on the market, it is cheaper. If you want to compare to other c43 intakes, sure, it is more expensive. Performance comes at a cost. Bending a tube and sticking a filter on it is pretty cheap but gets the job done but not as well as the enclosed intake we have here.

Since the whole point of a forum is to give feedback, I guess I'll give mine to you since you wanted to single yourself out. "So unless your system doubles the HP you can get from the BMS intakes you've got a hard sell at double the price. You've got to be closer to BMS and MST prices to be marketable. Of course that's just my opinion, and I could be wrong!" Well, you are wrong. Intakes themselves don't "double HP" or even increase HP on their own. They only add HP if you can't get enough air into the system with the stock setup for the tune the car is running. They are a supporting mod. They are not a power adder. Do you own HP Tuners, JB4 or any other logging device? Do you even know what your IAT values are? Running E30, have you measured your high pressure fuel rail? What are you dropping to? I am sure your 3-4 gear change drops your pressure seriously low. You run a good tune from Eurocharged, but to me it sounds like you are a butt dyno kinda guy. That's fine, nothing wrong with that. Thats 75% of the customers. They just want the car to be faster but the most important aspect is to feel faster. With your eurocharged tune e30 and dp I am sure it has made your car more fun than stock and definitely quicker. But even daily driving, the BMS filters will heat soak. Our engine bays get hot. Unless you are always driving 45MPH+ and never stopping, an open filter design will heat soak. That is fact. Sitting at a drag strip can be swapped with sitting at a red light. Most wont care. The car will still feel and be faster than stock which we proved to everyone with the results on page 1. The "open style" aftermarket intake was indeed faster than stock. It solved the CFM problem. But it didn't solve the IAT problem.

Last thing from your statement that I would recommend editing out. "the main reason I would consider this intake is for the Ram Air effect these would have." You do realize our cars have turbos right? The turbos will pressurize the air going into the motor more than any ram air intake will.

Here are some calculated figures for Ram Air pressure based on speed assuming you have a straight shot into your measuring compartmetn. 10 mph = 0.002 psi, 20 mph = 0.007 psi, 30 mph = 0.016 psi, 40 mph = 0.028 psi, 50 mph = 0.044 psi, 60 mph = 0.064 psi, 70 mph = 0.087 psi, 80 mph = 0.114 psi, 90 mph = 0.144 psi, 100 mph = 0.177 psi, 150 mph = 0.399 psi, 200 mph = 0.710 psi, 250 mph = 1.109 psi, 300 mph = 1.597 psi, 350 mph = 2.174 psi, 400 mph = 2.840 psi, 450 mph = 3.594 psi, 500 mph = 4.437 psi, 550 mph = 5.369 psi, 600 mph = 6.390 psi 650 mph = 7.499 psi, 700 mph = 8.697 psi, 750 mph = 9.984 psi

Under full throttle your EC tuned car is most likely holding in the 14-18PSI range . You would need to be going faster than 750MPH to even realize any sort of ram air effect equivalent to your turbos compressing the air. These intakes are for CFM flow to the turbos and keeping IAT on the intake side low so that way the intercooler doesn't have to cool the compressed air as much. That's it. And they look good doing it.
I never said intakes would double hp. It was sarcasm. And yes I know what a free flow air filter does in comparison to a stock air filter with a tune. And yes I'm aware that it alone won't add hp with our other mods. And no I don't own a logger. I trust the tube and the car cpu to function accordingly. I've put over 50k miles on my car with the tube and it's worked flawlessly so I don't see the point. And no I don't know what my IAT on the intake side is. What difference would it make if I did? I'm not adjusting anything. And no smartass I don't go off a butt Dyno, I do own a draggy too! No I havnt measured my HPFR. And I'm aware of what happens if and when fuel pressure drops too low. Hasn't thus far. And I'm well aware of Heatsoak and yes it does happen. Especially for me out here in LA. But when your at ir above your stated 45+ there is none. Now your numbers about Ram air may be correct. How should I know, so you could be right. And if that doesn't apply then other than sitting at a red light or my place in line at a drag strip, what other benefits do these do then? Remember you've got a vested interest and are biased and probably didn't pay for them so your opinion isn't one of a consumer. I'm not putting the product down at all, I was just trying to justify the cost that's all.
Old 09-14-2021, 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Freder8d
I never said intakes would double hp. It was sarcasm. And yes I know what a free flow air filter does in comparison to a stock air filter with a tune. And yes I'm aware that it alone won't add hp with our other mods. And no I don't own a logger. I trust the tube and the car cpu to function accordingly. I've put over 50k miles on my car with the tube and it's worked flawlessly so I don't see the point. And no I don't know what my IAT on the intake side is. What difference would it make if I did? I'm not adjusting anything. And no smartass I don't go off a butt Dyno, I do own a draggy too! No I havnt measured my HPFR. And I'm aware of what happens if and when fuel pressure drops too low. Hasn't thus far. And I'm well aware of Heatsoak and yes it does happen. Especially for me out here in LA. But when your at ir above your stated 45+ there is none. Now your numbers about Ram air may be correct. How should I know, so you could be right. And if that doesn't apply then other than sitting at a red light or my place in line at a drag strip, what other benefits do these do then? Remember you've got a vested interest and are biased and probably didn't pay for them so your opinion isn't one of a consumer. I'm not putting the product down at all, I was just trying to justify the cost that's all.
I missed the sarcasm goes over my head a lot!

The difference a lower IAT would make for your car generally means more power. Our cars start to pull power above 90F IAT. Humidity also plays a role but you really cant control that with any mods on the car. If you had a logger you would see the IAT and you could measure the difference between low IAT and high IAT and easily feel the power differential. Of course your car is going to run fine on the tune. It just pulls power with higher IAT. Whats your dragy name? I couldn't find a 17 c43 in cali on the lists.

My vested interest is for the C43 community. We have needed a true cold air intake for years. We finally have one! I begged Modal works to make it!

To justify cost, it will lower your IAT to sub 90 consistently, give you the flow you need and in turn make more power since you are giving your motor everything it needs to make maximum power. The CF material is much better for heat rejection vs a metal pipe, and the enclosed filter design keeps out hot rising air coming from the turbos directly below the filter. In addition it looks good and adds visual appeal.
The following 2 users liked this post by Star4life:
1SickGLC (09-14-2021), Darrington (09-14-2021)
Old 09-14-2021, 11:41 PM

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
2021 AMG C43
I’m not sure about turbo engines, but on a naturally aspirated car you can usually expect about a 1% power increase for every 10F temperature decrease as the air density is increased so more air/fuel enters the engine at a given atmospheric pressure.
Star4life (09-15-2021)
Old 09-15-2021, 08:30 AM

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe
If the switch to open-air filter can be made, how is the enclosed version sealed together? I thought it was one single piece of ductwork but looks like it is actually a two-piece design...?
Old 09-15-2021, 09:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Amg C43
Looks like if u scroll up It shows the design, I think the air filter is where the 2 pieces connect.
Old 09-15-2021, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 AMG
Yes this is a 2 pieces design on each side. Our system goes together in a similar way to the stock system. Its not technically air tight pre filter but the gaps are so small that heat wont pour in. the stock system is not air tight either before the filter. The design is air tight after the filter obviously so nothing gets into your turbo and ultimately the engine.
ExpatAMG (09-18-2021)
Old 09-18-2021, 12:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C43 AMG
Yes this is a 2 pieces design on each side. Our system goes together in a similar way to the stock system. Its not technically air tight pre filter but the gaps are so small that heat wont pour in. the stock system is not air tight either before the filter. The design is air tight after the filter obviously so nothing gets into your turbo and ultimately the engine.
Thanks for all of the information, and your contribution to this!

Originally Posted by ModalWorks
The carbon engine cover will be available a few months after the intake release. In the meantime, the stock cover can be used with some trimming.
Any updates on the roadmap or a release schedule for this intake system? Waiting in anticipation.

edit: Would like to know if a release date has been set? I’m interested in buying.

Last edited by ExpatAMG; 09-20-2021 at 06:43 PM.
3AD5 (10-03-2021)
Old 09-25-2021, 07:21 PM

2017 AMG C43
I missed the sarcasm goes over my head a lot!

The difference a lower IAT would make for your car generally means more power. Our cars start to pull power above 90F IAT. Humidity also plays a role but you really cant control that with any mods on the car. If you had a logger you would see the IAT and you could measure the difference between low IAT and high IAT and easily feel the power differential. Of course your car is going to run fine on the tune. It just pulls power with higher IAT. Whats your dragy name? I couldn't find a 17 c43 in cali on the lists.

My vested interest is for the C43 community. We have needed a true cold air intake for years. We finally have one! I begged Modal works to make it!

To justify cost, it will lower your IAT to sub 90 consistently, give you the flow you need and in turn make more power since you are giving your motor everything it needs to make maximum power. The CF material is much better for heat rejection vs a metal pipe, and the enclosed filter design keeps out hot rising air coming from the turbos directly below the filter. In addition it looks good and adds visual appeal.

I respect your point of view, and by no means was i here trying to downplay or criticize Modal's product. I was just putting my point of view in on this thread thats all. And i have not made a draggy name or posted any times or anything. I bought it, did a 0-60 rip once, turned out the road i was on was more than 1% grade and it was uncertified. And it was nothing to brag about either, and i havnt really used it since. I know kind of a waste, but i guess i should run some numbers to compare to. Anyway, sorry if i came off as rude, no disrespect intended.
Old 10-16-2021, 03:07 PM

Received 311 Likes on 237 Posts
C43
What is the ETA on official release of the intakes (and the CF engine cover)? Thanks!
Old 10-18-2021, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by C43HeartBoost
What is the ETA on official release of the intakes (and the CF engine cover)? Thanks!
Getting very close. We are just waiting on final carbon to test fit then will be opening the orders! Everything is just taking much longer due to staff shortages
Old 11-11-2021, 12:08 AM
SPONSOR

Received 95 Likes on 65 Posts
W205 C63
Preorders now available

Preorders are now open through the end of the month at our introductory/Black Friday pricing. Choose from two options: Complete kit as shown in the first post, or a lower cost option without the filter housing.

https://modalwork.com/products/m276-...-intake-system
The following 2 users liked this post by ModalWorks:
BayAreaAMG (11-11-2021), jonathan358 (11-11-2021)
Old 11-11-2021, 08:48 AM

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 c43 amg
Originally Posted by ModalWorks
Preorders are now open through the end of the month at our introductory/Black Friday pricing. Choose from two options: Complete kit as shown in the first post, or a lower cost option without the filter housing.

https://modalwork.com/products/m276-...-intake-system

When will they be shipping out?
dowheelies (11-11-2021)
Old 11-11-2021, 09:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
It'd be a good idea to share Star's pic from post #47 of what the non-enclosed option actually looks like on your website. I suspect the ambiguity will lead to heavy frustration for those blindly buying based on price. Never trust people to be as smart as you think they should be.
BoolitSpunjBoon (11-11-2021)
Old 11-11-2021, 12:03 PM

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 c43 amg
Just purchased!!! Really looking forward to installing! Would we know the ship dates for the items?
dowheelies (11-12-2021)
Old 11-11-2021, 12:10 PM

2015 C400
Freakin’ gorgeous.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ModalWorks True Cold Air Induction System, performance data