Sponsored by:

bms bov spacers with intake/stock wheels questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2021, 11:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 c43
bms bov spacers with intake/stock wheels questions

Hey guys did a search but didn't find anything so figured I'd just ask, I've had my 17 c43 convertible for 2 weeks now and I installed the BMS intakes last weekend, very happy with the results and I love that you can hear the bov because even at 35 I'm still just a child apparently lol. My question is will the BMS spacers make them even louder or is it going to be basically the same as having the intakes, also I saw someone post one of them is difficult to install so any feedback on the install would be helpful too.

Next question is I see a lot of different wheels on these that most of which look stock and wanted to know what options were out there? Mine has 19's that I know are factory but I wanted to see which other wheels were offered and if it depended on choice or if the sedans come with some coupes come with something else etc. Thanks for all the help you guys have been awesome with my pestering questions lol.
Old 10-07-2021, 01:48 PM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
2017 Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG Sedan
I'm really familiar with the bov but I know for the 2017 C43 the smallest rim that fits is 18 so the options start there. There's an 18 inch then 19 inch then 20 inch, you can fit alot of different rims on the C43 but I think there are 5 options specifically for it.

Old 10-08-2021, 09:32 AM

2017 c43
I definitely don't want to go smaller than my 19's but I wanted to see which ones were the stock options not aftermarket. I've seen some really cool ones on the hatchback/wagons (I'm in the US we don't have those) and wasn't sure if they came stock or not.
Old 10-08-2021, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
Would advise moving away from the factory wheels - they're soft and prone to cracking/breaking over potholes and rough roads, and absurdly expensive to replace with matching OEM. I wasn't a believer until this summer when I had a slow leak. Tire rack found 4 hairline cracks around the inner face of the front driver wheel. One of them finally started leaking at the wheel bead. Dealer wanted $900 for the wheel and got a whole new set aftermarket for $1300, with whatever custom offset I wanted.
Old 10-08-2021, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Justins17c43
I definitely don't want to go smaller than my 19's but I wanted to see which ones were the stock options not aftermarket. I've seen some really cool ones on the hatchback/wagons (I'm in the US we don't have those) and wasn't sure if they came stock or not.
These are the rims I have, I think they look pretty good imo and they're oem.

Richard is also right though Mercedes rims are really prone to cracks so if where you drive has crap roads maybe look into different rims. These rims haven't cracked on me yet but I have a set of OEM 18 inch 5 spokes that have a few hairline cracks just from potholes and bad roads
Old 10-13-2021, 01:33 PM

2017 c43
Richard which wheels did you end up going with? And tladila I LOVE those wheels you have. Are those 19's? I had the amg package on my last benz with the 18 5 spokes and I think my front passenger had that because I was constantly having issues with random low air.

Also does anyone have anything about the spacers?
Old 10-13-2021, 07:20 PM

Richard which wheels did you end up going with? And tladila I LOVE those wheels you have. Are those 19's? I had the amg package on my last benz with the 18 5 spokes and I think my front passenger had that because I was constantly having issues with random low air.

Also does anyone have anything about the spacers?
yea they're 19's
They also come in black which I think looks better imo
Here's another pic if ur interested

Old 10-13-2021, 08:17 PM

Received 310 Likes on 236 Posts
C43
Same wheels but in black. I think these wheels look great either way.

Old 10-14-2021, 07:32 AM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
C450 AMG
Hey guys did a search but didn't find anything so figured I'd just ask, I've had my 17 c43 convertible for 2 weeks now and I installed the BMS intakes last weekend, very happy with the results and I love that you can hear the bov because even at 35 I'm still just a child apparently lol. My question is will the BMS spacers make them even louder or is it going to be basically the same as having the intakes, also I saw someone post one of them is difficult to install so any feedback on the install would be helpful too.

Next question is I see a lot of different wheels on these that most of which look stock and wanted to know what options were out there? Mine has 19's that I know are factory but I wanted to see which other wheels were offered and if it depended on choice or if the sedans come with some coupes come with something else etc. Thanks for all the help you guys have been awesome with my pestering questions lol.

I put 20’s on mine and would recommend them over the 19’s because of the tire options. You get way more with the 20’s than the 19’s. Also I added 12mm spacers to the front wheels and none on the rear and it looks pretty good I think. Also, I added the BMS bov’s to car but could only get to the one on the drivers side since the turbo on passenger side is upside down and I think it sounds pretty good. However, my cracks and pops from the exhaust went away. I liked those

Last edited by gpouliniii; 10-14-2021 at 07:34 AM.
Old 10-14-2021, 12:57 PM

2017 c43
Hey man thanks for the info, I love the pops so I might go without the spacers then. Of topic but did your front lip come black stock or is that aftermarket? I HATE my silver one and want it either black or carbon.