Received 312 Likes on 237 Posts
C43
Tickets Are No Fun

As the title says…
Old 04-27-2022, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,665 Posts
2019 C63CS
It's the price of admission...haha. That looks like a black and white. Are you in California? I tell you a secret. Contest the ticket in writing and you have a 2/3 chance for it to get dismissed, because only about 1/3 of the officers respond. They have to do the paperwork during off hours and rather go to court and get paid overtime. I got a speeding ticket during the pandemic and charges were never filed, because the CHP officer didn't respond to a request from the court to delay the court date, so it never made it into the system before the 12 months statute of limitations.
Old 04-27-2022, 03:42 PM

C43
Originally Posted by superswiss
It's the price of admission...haha. That looks like a black and white. Are you in California? I tell you a secret. Contest the ticket in writing and you have a 2/3 chance for it to get dismissed, because only about 1/3 of the officers respond. They have to do the paperwork during off hours and rather go to court and get paid overtime. I got a speeding ticket during the pandemic and charges were never filed, because the CHP officer didn't respond to a request from the court to delay the court date, so it never made it into the system before the 12 months statute of limitations.
I completely agree. Yes, I am in California (Orange County). I intend to contest the ticket - but am debating whether I want to do so via declaration or an in-person trial. The officer purportedly “paced” me at 26+mph over the posted speed limit, yet was nowhere near me when this allegedly occurred. It clearly irked him when I declined to “admit I was speeding” as he repeatedly demanded.
Old 04-27-2022, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,665 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by C43HeartBoost
I completely agree. Yes, I am in California (Orange County). I intend to contest the ticket - but am debating whether I want to do so via declaration or an in-person trial. The officer purportedly “paced” me at 26+mph over the posted speed limit, yet was nowhere near me when this allegedly occurred. It clearly irked him when I declined to “admit I was speeding” as he repeatedly demanded.
I highly recommend you do it in writing. Depending on the judge you get you may have no chance against the word of the officer and the judge likely will go for the maximum if the charges stick after you contested them. If it doesn't get dismissed you can still go for traffic school, which here in California you can do online instead of sitting in a room for 4 hours. Last time I did it it took me an hour. It's a joke assuming you haven't forgotten the rules of the road. You do have to read all the chapters, because they embed unrelated information and then there are questions about it at the end to make sure you actually read it.

However, now that I'm reading it again, your situation is more difficult. 25+mph above the limit makes you ineligible for contesting in writing as well as traffic school. Don't quote me on that, but 99% sure the cutoff is 25 mph over the limit. I got into this situation a few years ago. The only option is to go to court then which I did, and an a-hole judge can actually suspend your license for this. I had one of those judges who said he'd do that, so I pleaded no contest and he let me go with paying just the fine. In retrospect I should have hired an attorney, which you probably wanna do and have them plead it down to a lesser offense. This one stuck on my record for 3 years and I paid for it with higher insurance premium, but oh well. All the other tickets over the years I managed to get dismissed or kept them off my record by contesting in writing and/or doing traffic school.
Old 04-27-2022, 05:13 PM

Received 110 Likes on 94 Posts
2021 M550i
for the future- if you know any cops or run into any of them in any type of events, ask them for a pba card. its a get out of jail free card!
Old 04-28-2022, 06:31 AM

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
2017 AMG C43
Originally Posted by superswiss
I highly recommend you do it in writing. Depending on the judge you get you may have no chance against the word of the officer and the judge likely will go for the maximum if the charges stick after you contested them. If it doesn't get dismissed you can still go for traffic school, which here in California you can do online instead of sitting in a room for 4 hours. Last time I did it it took me an hour. It's a joke assuming you haven't forgotten the rules of the road. You do have to read all the chapters, because they embed unrelated information and then there are questions about it at the end to make sure you actually read it.

However, now that I'm reading it again, your situation is more difficult. 25+mph above the limit makes you ineligible for contesting in writing as well as traffic school. Don't quote me on that, but 99% sure the cutoff is 25 mph over the limit. I got into this situation a few years ago. The only option is to go to court then which I did, and an a-hole judge can actually suspend your license for this. I had one of those judges who said he'd do that, so I pleaded no contest and he let me go with paying just the fine. In retrospect I should have hired an attorney, which you probably wanna do and have them plead it down to a lesser offense. This one stuck on my record for 3 years and I paid for it with higher insurance premium, but oh well. All the other tickets over the years I managed to get dismissed or kept them off my record by contesting in writing and/or doing traffic school.
I can validate that. I got a ticket on my way to Vegas doing 105mph. I pulled over immediately and acknowledged the speed. My 15 yr old son and his friend were with me and told him that we were chit chatting and didnt realize what speed i was going. It was the downhill part just before Baker . I appologized for not paying attention. He was pretty cool and said i'm gonna write it for 90 so you can go to traffic school. I thanked him, told him to stay safe and was on my way.
Old 04-28-2022, 07:14 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,421 Likes on 2,859 Posts
2012 CLS63
My last ticket was 102 in a 65. Had my license taken for a month, luckily for me it was a February
Old 04-29-2022, 04:28 PM

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts
2003 C320 coupe/c450 in Feb 2016
what? i cant believe you kids dont have that thing on your windshield to repel the tickets. haha
Old 04-29-2022, 05:00 PM

C43
Originally Posted by netboy
what? i cant believe you kids dont have that thing on your windshield to repel the tickets. haha
haha, I admit that the thought crossed my mind. However, I do not know it would have helped in this particular situation.
Old 04-29-2022, 05:23 PM

C43
Originally Posted by hyperion667
My last ticket was 102 in a 65. Had my license taken for a month, luckily for me it was a February
That is no joke man! The ripple effect of listening to some COF while driving? 😉
The following users liked this post:
hyperion667 (04-29-2022)
Old 04-29-2022, 11:02 PM

Received 89 Likes on 70 Posts
2015 C400 4MATIC Palladium Silver Metallic
Ticket clinic.com helped me out a couple of years ago.
Old 04-30-2022, 06:14 AM

Received 413 Likes on 286 Posts
13 s212 63 p30. 03 s55amg. 06 LX470
Originally Posted by jhpmbusa
for the future- if you know any cops or run into any of them in any type of events, ask them for a pba card. its a get out of jail free card!
You mean it’s way a protected aggressive team acts illegally and “recognizes” not to discriminate against you. Next time a pig gives you one of the cards, look at them and say no thank you, I’m an equal and nobody, especially any piggy is above the law! Those piggies are the worst of the worst and are literally tugging you along by a leash so that you can get that fancy business card to get out of jail free, lol. That pig should be fired, immediately investigated and fined and jailed.

Fight every ticket and get a lawyer if you need. Make the piggy play in the mud, the **** they cause. He paced you, go fight as this scum is a liar. He demanded you admit to speeding but is not a judge or prosecutor or lawyer and they asked you to admit because he had nothing but pride and a little diary book.

FYI I support properly acting law enforcement every time…. Some turd wants to pace vs going after criminals, nobody has time for that attitude, they are a turd. Pig turd.

good luck as I had to deal with Virginia pig turds and was found guilty by a judge nationally discredited later on 20/20. Scum is scum at all levels. Was on probation for 13 years in Va for going over 80…with traffic. So I always like to add, **** Virgina (spelled correctly)

Go to court since the pig wanted to play.

Last edited by Baltistyle; 04-30-2022 at 06:53 AM. Reason: spelling
The following users liked this post:
hyperion667 (04-30-2022)
Old 04-30-2022, 06:27 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,421 Likes on 2,859 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by Baltistyle
You mean it’s way a protected aggressive team acts illegally and “recognizes” not to discriminate against you. Next time a pig gives you one of the cards, look at them and say no thank you, I’m an equal and nobody, especially any piggy is above the law! Those piggies are the worst of the worst and are literally tugging you along by a leash so that you can get that fancy business card to get out of jail free, lol. That pig should be fired, immediately investigated and fined and jailed.

Fight every ticket and get a lawyer if you need. Make the piggy play in the mud, the **** they cause. He paced you, go fight as this scum is a liar. He demanded you admit to speeding but is not a judge or prosecutor or lawyer and they asked you to admit because he had nothing but pride and a little diary book.

FYI I support properly acting law enforcement every time…. Some turd wants to pace vs going after criminals, nobody has time for that attitude, they are a turd. Pig turd.

good luck as I had to deal with Virginia pig turds and was found guilty by a judge nationally discredited later on 20/20. Scum is scum at all levels. Was on prob a room for 13 years in Va for going over 80…with traffic. So I always like to add, **** Virgina (spelled correctly)

Go to court since the pig wanted to play.
Old 05-30-2022, 10:11 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Metris
Because tickets are issued very subjectively I always fight a ticket. I contact an attorney very near where the ticket will adjudicated and work out how he can help. Often the attorney doesn't get involved but has an assistant who is well experienced in dealing with these. One ticket -- I received in Fremont CA -- required the assistant show up 4 times. Finally the ticket was dismissed due to lack of prosecution. The citing officer failed to appear.

I would rather pay an attorney some money to fight and beat the ticket than just pay the ticket. One problem is with a speeding "conviction" on your record if you get pulled over again you can been seen as a habitual speeder and receive no leniency by the officer or the court.
Old 05-30-2022, 10:49 AM

C43
Originally Posted by Rockster
Because tickets are issued very subjectively I always fight a ticket. I contact an attorney very near where the ticket will adjudicated and work out how he can help. Often the attorney doesn't get involved but has an assistant who is well experienced in dealing with these. One ticket -- I received in Fremont CA -- required the assistant show up 4 times. Finally the ticket was dismissed due to lack of prosecution. The citing officer failed to appear.

I would rather pay an attorney some money to fight and beat the ticket than just pay the ticket. One problem is with a speeding "conviction" on your record if you get pulled over again you can been seen as a habitual speeder and receive no leniency by the officer or the court.
I completely agree!