Need an opinion!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2022, 02:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes C43 AMG
Need an opinion!

Hi all,

I’m thinking of potentially trading in my 2019MY C43 for an A90 Toyota Supra.

i know I’m on a Mercedes’ forum (so likely to get some biased opinions!) but I just wanted to get some opinions from people on whether or not it’d be a good trade? I’ve been given some good trade offers - around £34-36.5k with supra starting (seconds hand) around £41-43k

one reason to not make they change is that I don’t drive the car too often (it would normally do 2-5k miles a year) and it’s unlikely that I will drive the supra much more - I only have one car but work from home most days so it’s not daily driven!

But a reason to do so is that the Supra has such a good platform for modifications and makes almost 500bhp with minimal mods, where as the C43 market is much more limited (and more expensive!) market.

I see the differences being the C43 is a more “luxurious” car with a nicer interior and more add-ons (ambient lighting, 360 camera, parking assists etc.) but the Supra is more of a driver centric car with better aftermarket support.

what do people think I should do? Picture below for attention 😂

Old 07-18-2022, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
Amg C43
I’m sure most people will say there different cars and if u like driving the Supra then do it.
Not sure of your driving conditions.
Supra is not awd but is faster.
depending on your body size the 43 may be more comfortable.
I haven’t driven a Supra. But they are sharp looking and I’m sure are fun.
I’m all reality you can’t lose. If in a few years ur done with the Supra then trade it in.
Old 07-19-2022, 12:02 PM

Mercedes C43 AMG
Originally Posted by MaverickC43
I’m sure most people will say there different cars and if u like driving the Supra then do it.
Not sure of your driving conditions.
Supra is not awd but is faster.
depending on your body size the 43 may be more comfortable.
I haven’t driven a Supra. But they are sharp looking and I’m sure are fun.
I’m all reality you can’t lose. If in a few years ur done with the Supra then trade it in.
So I’m yet to test drive one (still trying to get one arranged) but a friend of mine has one that’s been modified to 500bhp which I’ve been in a few times and followed through Europe. I’m 6”1, average build and have been fine getting in and out and with enough personal room - he’s 6”4 and a bigger build than me and the only real issue he has is having to open the door fully to get out and having the seat all the way back which sometimes rubs on the bar.

Before he had it modified, the Supra wasn’t too much faster than the 43. It only began to pull towards the top end and even then there wasn’t too much in it!

Generally the car does short trips to the shop, work, gym etc. with the odd road trip but as you say there’s really not that much in it plus I’m thinking the Supra will hold its value better than the C43.
Old 07-19-2022, 03:08 PM

Received 110 Likes on 94 Posts
2021 M550i
when i sat in one it felt very small, obviously no rear seats either. plus i hear you cant lower the window because of the turbulence?
Old 07-19-2022, 04:48 PM

Mercedes C43 AMG
Originally Posted by jhpmbusa
when i sat in one it felt very small, obviously no rear seats either. plus i hear you cant lower the window because of the turbulence?
That is one thing that I’m wondering whether or not it’s too small and whether or not the visibility is good enough! Something that I need to check on a test drive.

I’m not too fussed about the seats as it’s very rare that I have a passenger let alone more than one at a time.

I’ve also heard the same regarding the turbulence but after a little research it seems to be easily fixable!
Old 07-19-2022, 06:36 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
GLA250 4Matic, 911 Carrera S, R1250 GS Adv.
My opinion: It could be OK to exchange the C43 for, say, another AMG or Porsche or BMW or Alfa, etc. But not for a Toyota - you'd be over that in a few weeks.
Old 07-20-2022, 07:01 AM

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
016 c450 AMG
Isn't the Supra the one with BMW underpinnings..Chassis and drivetrain?
Old 07-20-2022, 09:51 AM

Mercedes C43 AMG
Originally Posted by White One
Isn't the Supra the one with BMW underpinnings..Chassis and drivetrain?
Yes it is. It’s a solid chassis and drivetrain for what it is! Granted I’d most likely get the BMW comments but I how I see it, it’s no different to the comments about the C43 “not being a real AMG” because it’s not a one man one engine.

I’ve only heard of a few issues, mainly relating to the A91 model which we don’t get in the UK.
Old 07-20-2022, 09:53 AM

Mercedes C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Sailorlite
My opinion: It could be OK to exchange the C43 for, say, another AMG or Porsche or BMW or Alfa, etc. But not for a Toyota - you'd be over that in a few weeks.
To be honest, drive wise, I’ve heard it’s very similar and probably more driver centric. Granted the C43 interior is more flashy and a nicer place to be but I don’t think the Toyota would be boring!
Old 07-20-2022, 12:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,843 Likes on 2,421 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by LBarto
To be honest, drive wise, I’ve heard it’s very similar and probably more driver centric. Granted the C43 interior is more flashy and a nicer place to be but I don’t think the Toyota would be boring!
Given how "BMW" it is or otherwise European, it wouldn't be too boring at least.