Sponsored by:

Why no talk of Audi S5 here?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 RS4
Originally Posted by 360_iti

I guess you were unable to grasp the idea because your mama wasn’t here to spoonfeed you huh.

**** noob, you’re irritating me with your sheer idiocy.
Look at the Internet Tough Guy.........how's that working for you? Trolling forums all day long and talking sh$t in CYBERSPACE doesn't impress anyone in the REAL WORLD! Do you even own a car?

Last edited by LanuckRS4; 12-12-2007 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E53
i went to the autoshow and checked it out in person. the backseats are good for a few backpacks. if you need to carry 3 ppl 50% of the time, forget the S/A5 (assuming it's your only ride).
Old 12-13-2007, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG

Oh that was deep. You sir are missing the point big time. I guess you were unable to grasp the idea because your mama wasn’t here to spoonfeed you huh.
OK I’ll be nice this time.
Scenario 1. Swank party, friends to impress. Choose car: 2007 Mercedes S600 sedan vs 2007 Audi A8 sedan vs 2007 BMW 760 Li sedan?
Or
Scenario 2. Swank party, friends to impress. Choose car: 2007 A6 sedan vs 2007 E550 sedan vs BMW 550i sedan.
Etc
Nobody was talking about C32 vs RS4. Why? Because the RS4 is in a different league, not comparable with the C32. Did any of the automotive magazines ever compare between the two? No. Why not? Like I said previously just in case you were unable to understand again, they are not comparable.
Get the idea? No? I thought so. Oh well, I've tried.

**** noob, you’re irritating me with your sheer idiocy. You drive an RS4 and some people in this forum had hoped to gain some knowledge from you, which apparently is non existence. News flash, this forum isn’t merely about what car you drive, but it’s about sharing useful ideas and constructive knowledge as well.
While I agree that people "recognize" Benz (and to a lesser extent BMW) as having more "image" than Audi, that's a position based on decades of marketing by MB and BMW. If you drove a MB in the US in the 1960s, Cadillac drivers would laugh at you. That reflected the ignorance of Caddy owners in the 1960s.

If someone truly KNOWS cars, they know that Audi is in the same league as the other two -- and can be had cheaper.

And as to Audi interiors, Bif, I suspect you're judging the whole Audi line, past and present, based on your Audi. I owned an A6 (2000) and currently have a 2002 TT Roadster, and the interiors on both are innovative, practical and literally stunning in the choice of materials, design and assembly. I know that automotive press can be questioned, but Audi's superiority in interior design and execution is well established.

It's a shame that VW and Audi are affiliated because it offers an all-too-convenient slur "glorified VW" that could easily apply to the lower end Benzes, if there was a lower priced sister brand. My C32 interior is frankly dissappointing. Bland plastics, invisible tachometer, tiny gear indicator lights, floppy seats, A FOOT OPERATED EMERGENCY BRAKE, flimsy cupholder... It's a great car, but the interior is poor.

I could write an essay about the seat heater switches on the TT. They are a big round button that has a fixed central hub that lights up showing the seat heater logo, and an outer ring that rotates to increase heat. The button seats flush with the dash. You push the button and it pops out from the dash allowing you to grasp the outer ring. It pops out silently and firmly as if made of titanium. You rotate the outer hub and (this is what blows me away) as the outer ring is rotated, lights illuminate in the rotating ring at the top of the ring, as you rotate it (1 to 4 lights). There is more beauty and function in that one knob (and I have two!) than there is in the entire C32 interior. Don't get me started on the TT's air vent bezels. Mmmm. I think I messed myself.

Last edited by Fifth Ring; 12-13-2007 at 01:10 PM.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:08 PM

Scenario 1. Swank party, friends to impress. Choose car: 2007 Mercedes S600 sedan vs 2007 Audi A8 sedan vs 2007 BMW 760 Li sedan?
Or
Scenario 2. Swank party, friends to impress. Choose car: 2007 A6 sedan vs 2007 E550 sedan vs BMW 550i sedan.
Etc
Well comparing a base Audi A8 that goes for 80k to s600 and 760il that goes for 130K is plain silly.

With the retarded minds of the wanna-be's who cares....
The real guy would be driving his 80k car and keeping the 50k invested for his kids.

On the other hand if you want the same price range
compare s600 to A8w12 or s8 to 760il (heck in all Audi is still gonna be cheaper).

And the people in the so called party will not give a rat's **** about if it is a MB or Audi or BMW. Cause if you are going to a party to impress people, more than likely you are inferior to the people in that party, and they are most likely arriving in Bentley's and RR's and don't give a damn crap about your low life

Wonder why the US is going through the worst economic times of its history.
Due to all the wannabe's who live in debt and still try to impress people with the money that they borrowed from a bank, with the cars they don't even own, but rather rent!
Old 12-13-2007, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E550 4Matic, 2002 M3 Vert
What does any of this have to do with the S5?
Old 12-13-2007, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203, W211, W219, W212
Originally Posted by zumbalak
Well comparing a base Audi A8 that goes for 80k to s600 and 760il that goes for 130K is plain silly.

With the retarded minds of the wanna-be's who cares....
The real guy would be driving his 80k car and keeping the 50k invested for his kids.

On the other hand if you want the same price range
compare s600 to A8w12 or s8 to 760il (heck in all Audi is still gonna be cheaper).

And the people in the so called party will not give a rat's **** about if it is a MB or Audi or BMW. Cause if you are going to a party to impress people, more than likely you are inferior to the people in that party, and they are most likely arriving in Bentley's and RR's and don't give a damn crap about your low life

Wonder why the US is going through the worst economic times of its history.
Due to all the wannabe's who live in debt and still try to impress people with the money that they borrowed from a bank, with the cars they don't even own, but rather rent!
Did you even read all the posts? Who gives a rat's **** about the party. It was a made up scenario just to explain an idea. And now you start to bring kids and investments into the conversation. I was elaborating what Bif Powell wrote in his post because some people didn't get the main idea, regardless whether the idea is right or wrong.

And I agree with SolidGranite lets get back to topic.
Let's talk about the S5. Carry on.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Did you even read all the posts? Who gives a rat's **** about the party. It was a made up scenario just to explain an idea. And now you start to bring kids and investments into the conversation. I was elaborating what Bif Powell wrote in his post because some people didn't get the main idea, regardless whether the idea is right or wrong.

And I agree with SolidGranite lets get back to topic.
Let's talk about the S5. Carry on.
S5s are Audis and Audis are competitive with MB and BMW, hence the first paragraph of my post (above). S5s (like all Audis) have a nice interior. Hence the remainder of my long rambling post.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203, W211, W219, W212
Originally Posted by Fifth Ring
S5s are Audis and Audis are competitive with MB and BMW, hence the first paragraph of my post (above). S5s (like all Audis) have a nice interior. Hence the remainder of my long rambling post.
Out of all the newer small class sedans of BMW, MB and Audi, I have to agree that the Audi has the nicest interior design and details IMO. I still don’t get the W204 interior and I wouldn’t argue with you that pre face-lift W203 interior is a disappointment. They made a big improvement during the facelift by introducing chrome accents and more geometrical shapes that made the whole arrangement seemed cleaner while still retained a hint of luxury.

In the new C Class, it seems that MB did not put interior design on the top of their priority list because they had done so much quality improvement on the mechanical aspects, and figured it was enough to please the customers.

The S5 interior is a lot nicer than the C63, there’s no question about it. And speaking of W204 interior design, after seeing it in person, I think MB blew it.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Out of all the newer small class sedans of BMW, MB and Audi, I have to agree that the Audi has the nicest interior design and details IMO. I still don’t get the W204 interior and I wouldn’t argue with you that pre face-lift W203 interior is a disappointment. They made a big improvement during the facelift by introducing chrome accents and more geometrical shapes that made the whole arrangement seemed cleaner while still retained a hint of luxury.

In the new C Class, it seems that MB did not put interior design on the top of their priority list because they had done so much quality improvement on the mechanical aspects, and figured it was enough to please the customers.

The S5 interior is a lot nicer than the C63, there’s no question about it. And speaking of W204 interior design, after seeing it in person, I think MB blew it.
I couldn't agree more. I strongly believe the interior on my C55 is considerably nicer and more pleasant than the W204. I just do not understand where MB went on this one... This is why I have begun to consider an Audi as a substitue. It's just not ALL about the power with me since I'm forced to spend thousands of hours in the car each year. Interior quality makes a significant difference in my ability to enjoy the driving experience.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:29 PM

2003 SL500 2005 G55
I used to hate audis and thought they were all ugly and they sucked but lately I really love there new R8 its a real headturner and looks like nothing else on the road and the new S5 coupe is nice looking .....im really loving there new style with the big grilles and i really love the daytime running lights they have now......but i still would prefer a benz over audi and bmw, I have been in audis and beemers and yes there interior is very nice but its nothing like the mercedes interior..... to me a benz means power and they set the standards................

p.s-I agree 100% about the last thing zumbalak said in his post...................
Old 12-13-2007, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Originally Posted by LanuckRS4
UFB!.....that was deep. But you're absolutely right...why didn't i see this before. Audi = POS. Life is so much better now. *** the S5, POS, I'm buying my wife the C63. What the hell was i thinking? Oh and it's settled....*** the new RS6 i wanted to buy, POS! Yea Haaaa, calling the MB dealer tomorrow........I'm gettin a 2002 C32. Cuz when i take my wife to some swank party with people i want to impress, i would NEVER show up in an Audi......POS!

Oh no no no Bif, don't sell yourself short....PLEASE!!! Compared to you Bif, idiot of the week is a little leaguer.....you're in a league of your own.
Relax a little. This is just a little back and forth over cars.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:39 AM

2002 c32
While I agree that people "recognize" Benz (and to a lesser extent BMW) as having more "image" than Audi, that's a position based on decades of marketing by MB and BMW. If you drove a MB in the US in the 1960s, Cadillac drivers would laugh at you. That reflected the ignorance of Caddy owners in the 1960s.

If someone truly KNOWS cars, they know that Audi is in the same league as the other two -- and can be had cheaper.

And as to Audi interiors, Bif, I suspect you're judging the whole Audi line, past and present, based on your Audi. I owned an A6 (2000) and currently have a 2002 TT Roadster, and the interiors on both are innovative, practical and literally stunning in the choice of materials, design and assembly. I know that automotive press can be questioned, but Audi's superiority in interior design and execution is well established.

It's a shame that VW and Audi are affiliated because it offers an all-too-convenient slur "glorified VW" that could easily apply to the lower end Benzes, if there was a lower priced sister brand. My C32 interior is frankly dissappointing. Bland plastics, invisible tachometer, tiny gear indicator lights, floppy seats, A FOOT OPERATED EMERGENCY BRAKE, flimsy cupholder... It's a great car, but the interior is poor.

I could write an essay about the seat heater switches on the TT. They are a big round button that has a fixed central hub that lights up showing the seat heater logo, and an outer ring that rotates to increase heat. The button seats flush with the dash. You push the button and it pops out from the dash allowing you to grasp the outer ring. It pops out silently and firmly as if made of titanium. You rotate the outer hub and (this is what blows me away) as the outer ring is rotated, lights illuminate in the rotating ring at the top of the ring, as you rotate it (1 to 4 lights). There is more beauty and function in that one knob (and I have two!) than there is in the entire C32 interior. Don't get me started on the TT's air vent bezels. Mmmm. I think I messed myself.
I'm talking about the B7 RS4 interior, although the new exterior styling is awesome (amazing stock wheels even, love the integrated spoiler!) and the seats are nice looking. Otherwise the dash, nav, controls, steering-wheel etc...look and feel like a toy IMHO. I also agree that our C32s are missing some basics but I still prefer it over the RS4.

You're right that our C's are just glorified <whatever would be the lower-end equivalent in a sister-company> but I would say that imaginary lower-end sister company is about at the level of an Audi or so

Finally, the 'what's a more impressive car' is just a fact - a reflection of society, mis-informed or not, the general populace views BMW and Mercedes in a class above an Audi - and I don't think it's marketing alone, but that's certainly a factor. Frankly my impression is that the BMW is probably the superior marque from an enthusiast/more pure-driver's standpoint, but I just prefer the styling and heritage of the MBs. Sadly if I were looking to impress anyone in my neck of the woods, I would do better in a Cadillac which I've always viewed as basically a Buick with better headlights. No thanks - I would take a VW over a Caddy any day of the week.

Of course as mentioned, it's all relative. My car might get a gawk or two at the super-market in Minnesota but if you show up in your rather pedestrian SL55 to a meeting of Zonda's and Veyrons you may get scoffs and the other drivers might suggest that next time you take a taxi
Old 12-14-2007, 05:23 AM

SL
i do not agree it's all relative...

SL55 is SL55... it has its uniqueness and classical status even though it's not as expensive as the supercars you mentioned.... but at least it is categorized as a supercar.... if i see people drive E63, C2S, C4S, any masaratics, m5, m6, i would not recommend them to take taxi instead although they are cheaper than SL55 ... coz they are all nice respectable sport cars....

but c-class is complete different story.... it's almost an entry level benz... and urs is not even c63.... i don't understand you are like trying to compare a c32 with sl55? don't be a joke please...
Old 12-14-2007, 08:28 AM

2003 SL500 2005 G55
how is a cadillac a buick with better headlights??? cadillac once was the standard of the world and to me the past cadillacs of the 50s,60s,70s were the most beautiful cars ever made and even now the new CTS i think is better looking than the new C class................
Old 12-14-2007, 08:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Guido1986
how is a cadillac a buick with better headlights??? cadillac once was the standard of the world and to me the past cadillacs of the 50s,60s,70s were the most beautiful cars ever made and even now the new CTS i think is better looking than the new C class................
To those of us who grew up in the 60s and 70s, we lived through the dregs of Cadillac's products. How can I ever forget the Cimarron? And the many years of gaudy, overweight barges? If you go to an antique car show, the cars from this era (from all makers) are just starting to appear, and it's pretty obvious that they will NEVER obtain any level of respect. Everything from design, to the materials to the construction were inferior. Their chrome/plastic parts are pealing, the rubbery painted bumpers are warping, trim pieces are crooked, and the interiors are like a brothel's waiting room. It was a dark time.

That said, I respect Cadillac today for making cars that pretty much compete with the Europeans.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:01 AM

2002 c32
I don't like pineapple on pizza.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203, W211, W219, W212
Originally Posted by SolidGranite
I just do not understand where MB went on this one... This is why I have begun to consider an Audi as a substitue.
Exactly. Seeing W204 interior is as perplexing as seeing the exterior design of the 5-series, or the tail lights of the E90, it has the kind of mystery that makes you ask “why”? I get the idea, but I just don’t comprehend the execution.
But this problem is not enough for me to start considering an Audi as a substitute. Let alone considering an S5 as a substitute for a C63
Old 12-14-2007, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
But this problem is not enough for me to start considering an Audi as a substitute. Let alone considering an S5 as a substitute for a C63
Just like my Dad, who would never consider a Lexus over a Lincoln Town Car.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Exactly. Seeing W204 interior is as perplexing as seeing the exterior design of the 5-series, or the tail lights of the E90, it has the kind of mystery that makes you ask “why”? I get the idea, but I just don’t comprehend the execution.
I just don't know where else to go ya know? Yes the power/handling/feel/etc are all going to be great in the C63. But I also have to sit in this car in traffic, waiting for my g/f, on long road trips, etc, etc... Ya know? It's these types of situations where the interior quality and design make all the difference in the world. I've actually been shopping CLS55s because they obviously have the power but also a gorgeous interior. The NAV is terrible in the CLS but that is my one and only complaint.

Decisions decisions...
Old 12-14-2007, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203, W211, W219, W212
Originally Posted by SolidGranite
I've actually been shopping CLS55s because they obviously have the power but also a gorgeous interior. The NAV is terrible in the CLS but that is my one and only complaint. Decisions decisions...
I was gonna say that the ugliness of W204 interior wasn't enough for me to consider an audi, but maybe a different MB, and CLS was what I had in mind.
By next year, with around $65-70K you could get an '08 C63 or an '06 CLS55. And of course each has its plus and minus that we're aware of. Yup, this is a tough one.
Just wondering what made the NAV in the CLS terrible? It's the exact same system as the other ones.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I was gonna say that the ugliness of W204 interior wasn't enough for me to consider an audi, but maybe a different MB, and CLS was what I had in mind.
By next year, with around $65-70K you could get an '08 C63 or an '06 CLS55. And of course each has its plus and minus that we're aware of. Yup, this is a tough one.
Just wondering what made the NAV in the CLS terrible? It's the exact same system as the other ones.
I think the NAV stinks in all the models which haven't had the recent redesign.

New C, CL and S-Class all have the latest iteration of the MB NAV and it's worlds better than previous.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E36M3 race car/Ferrari F355 GTS/1973 Mini 1275GT/Fiat Abarth/ML63/SLK55

hey! my 16 yr old rust bucket nissan nx2000 has bass and treble switches that do this!!!! minius the lights and titanium of course!
Old 12-14-2007, 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

yeah....that stuff bothers me too- until- i depress the throttle and 360 rwhp come to bear! and when you hit 120 well, no time for coffee, dare not take your eyes off the road, the seats no longer floppy as g forces jam you into it, no need for gear indicator as you hear the engine and the s/c whine as all air from miles around is demanded by the enraged beast.

by geneology- is a lambo gallardo a glorified vw???
Old 12-14-2007, 07:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by phonetics
masaratics..
wtf is a masaratic? i get 10 car mags a month never heard of it.....it's like a gheely or somethn? made in china?
Old 12-14-2007, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Just like my Dad, who would never consider a Lexus over a Lincoln Town Car.
have you convinced him to do a few track days yet??? c'mon dude.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Why no talk of Audi S5 here?