Sponsored by:

This C63 AMG Ordering Situation is the Silliest I Have Ever Seen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 Black Series
This C63 AMG Ordering Situation is the Silliest I Have Ever Seen

Spent some time at my local Mercedes dealer, trying to get the scoop. Let's see if I understand this...

There are approximately 70 C63 AMG cars for sale on Autotrader right now... a significant number of them are 2009 cars...NONE of which have any of the 2009-specific options on them...i.e. Performance Package. Most dealers usually load up their cars, so I find this really weird. Of all the 2009 C63 AMG cars sitting at dealers, NONE of them have the Performance Package. Additionally, the local dealer has NO information they can confirm on specifics re: Carbon Fiber, Performance Package (brakes, LSD, etc.). They will take a deposit for an order (Oct/Nov delivery) but cant provide speficics on options.

I know that this Performance Package topic has been beaten to death, not trying to ressurect it. However, I just dont get this. Its not like a new model car, or even a truly limited production run... these things have been selling for over a year. Yet the ordering specs are shrouded in mystery, even though 2009 cars are already at dealers. You cant even configure one online!!! What gives? Ugh!
Old 08-02-2008, 10:52 PM

2009 C63
+1
Old 08-02-2008, 11:16 PM

2009 C63 K1
Originally Posted by jtrichel
Spent some time at my local Mercedes dealer, trying to get the scoop. Let's see if I understand this...

There are approximately 70 C63 AMG cars for sale on Autotrader right now... a significant number of them are 2009 cars...NONE of which have any of the 2009-specific options on them...i.e. Performance Package. Most dealers usually load up their cars, so I find this really weird. Of all the 2009 C63 AMG cars sitting at dealers, NONE of them have the Performance Package. Additionally, the local dealer has NO information they can confirm on specifics re: Carbon Fiber, Performance Package (brakes, LSD, etc.). They will take a deposit for an order (Oct/Nov delivery) but cant provide speficics on options.

I know that this Performance Package topic has been beaten to death, not trying to ressurect it. However, I just dont get this. Its not like a new model car, or even a truly limited production run... these things have been selling for over a year. Yet the ordering specs are shrouded in mystery, even though 2009 cars are already at dealers. You cant even configure one online!!! What gives? Ugh!
I understand your frustration. Very few of the cars listed on AutoTrader are actually available. They automatically load onto the site when the cars come into inventory even though they are already spoken for. Not sure why no dealer can answer the Perf. Pkg. questions. I guess we'll have to wait until someone on this forum actually takes delivery of one.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:37 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by yaymitch
I understand your frustration. Very few of the cars listed on AutoTrader are actually available. They automatically load onto the site when the cars come into inventory even though they are already spoken for. Not sure why no dealer can answer the Perf. Pkg. questions. I guess we'll have to wait until someone on this forum actually takes delivery of one.
I am on Wednesday. Will post pics asap.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
performance package has exactly what we all want it to have

brakes, suspension, steering wheel, delimiter, and LSD

this has been confirmed before, and recently

no worries
Old 08-03-2008, 05:56 AM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by Last Emperor

no worries
You really need to back this statement up with facts considering that several members claim to have seen the PP cars and they DO NOT include everything - there even was a posted PDF of the sticker of one.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:20 AM

2013 C63 Black Series
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
You really need to back this statement up with facts considering that several members claim to have seen the PP cars and they DO NOT include everything - there even was a posted PDF of the sticker of one.

Exactly. I have heard/seen at least 3 different versions of what the PP will entail...
Old 08-03-2008, 08:25 AM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Exactly. I have heard/seen at least 3 different versions of what the PP will entail...
I think the Performance Package includes a window sticker that says you have spent $3990.00 on the Performance package window sticker. That we know you get for sure.

-Troy
Old 08-03-2008, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350 4Matic

I dont live in the US but I am 99% sure that there is NOT 70 C63 sitting on dealer lots. The 09 are just starting to arrive in the rugular C class.
Dealers cant tell you the specs cus they dont have an 09 C63 yet. There will be some changes to teh 09 vs 08. like I said im not in the US but they should at least have options list availible. But turst me, there are not 70 sitting on lots, not even pre-sold ones.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:37 AM

2013 C63 Black Series
Originally Posted by 451/443=EW
I dont live in the US but I am 99% sure that there is NOT 70 C63 sitting on dealer lots. The 09 are just starting to arrive in the rugular C class.
Dealers cant tell you the specs cus they dont have an 09 C63 yet. There will be some changes to teh 09 vs 08. like I said im not in the US but they should at least have options list availible. But turst me, there are not 70 sitting on lots, not even pre-sold ones.
See, this is what I am talking about. Its like this is some kind of bad science fiction movie where I am in the Matrix...or Jacob's Ladder (remember that one?)

Here are the 70 on Autotrader... I certainly cant confirm whether dealers are putting cars for sale on here that are make believe...

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...sfyc=&systime=

And.... these are 2009s specifically... a full 59 of the 70 are 2009s... none with PP. Oh, but these aren't really for sale, the dealers are spending the money just to pretend to advertise them...to get your attention...so you will call them about a car.... that doesnt exist... welcome to the Matrix

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...sfyc=&systime=
Old 08-03-2008, 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupè
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Direct from ANG Private Lounge and MB-USA

"From Eric Linder @ MBUSA: Via Private Lounge

The P30 AMG Performance Package includes:
- AMG Limited Slip Differential
- AMG Compound Braking System
- AMG Track-Calibrated Suspension
- AMG Leather/Alcantara Performance Steering Wheel
- Top Speed: 174 mph

Price is $3,990.

-Eric Linder, MBUSA"

Backed up. Confirmed. Put to bed.

Give it a rest already.......
Old 08-03-2008, 11:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 E63
I know of about 10 2009 C63s that are sitting on lots here in South Fla alone, so I don't think the 70 number is too far off. Probably higher. Found a few with performance package too.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:06 AM

2013 C63 Black Series
It's all theory

NORTH 44 C55, until someone can visualize a window sticker or an actual car in the U.S. with the options you list, its just theory...from corporate or not. Maybe YELLOWJACKET is the first to be able to confirm PP on a physical car in the U.S. with appropriate options (?)

Ask yourself this question, why would fifty-nine (59) 2009 C63 AMGs at dealers (whether already sold or not) not have this option. Either the dealers dont like to load up their cars for profit, or no customers are interested. I find either scenario hard to believe.

You may very well be right, but I dont think that this is nearly the slam-dunk, put it to bed, let it rest that you imply...
Old 08-03-2008, 12:40 PM

c63, Caterham 7, 335cic
Originally Posted by YellowJacket
I know of about 10 2009 C63s that are sitting on lots here in South Fla alone, so I don't think the 70 number is too far off. Probably higher. Found a few with performance package too.
Most MB dealerships in FL (at least the large ones) are all owned by the same company.

They have about 12 C63's presold & about another 10 for the dealership allocation. Autotrader as has been said many times takes all that info and loads it as if it is realtime availability. It isnt!
Old 08-03-2008, 01:02 PM

CLK Black
NORTH 44 C55, until someone can visualize a window sticker or an actual car in the U.S. with the options you list, its just theory...from corporate or not. Maybe YELLOWJACKET is the first to be able to confirm PP on a physical car in the U.S. with appropriate options (?)

Ask yourself this question, why would fifty-nine (59) 2009 C63 AMGs at dealers (whether already sold or not) not have this option. Either the dealers dont like to load up their cars for profit, or no customers are interested. I find either scenario hard to believe.

You may very well be right, but I dont think that this is nearly the slam-dunk, put it to bed, let it rest that you imply...
You are trying to rationalize something that is not totally rational.

Dealers spec out most of the cars that they get. I would suspect that some dealers would not order the Performance Package on their cars as they would suspect this buyer may not want a $3900 option. I hear this all the time from my dealer. They think they know what is best for us.

The reality is that MOST C63 buyers don't care about the Performance Package (I don't think most buyers are around here crying about it like we are.)

I have heard that most initial cars from a model year run are pre configured by Mercedes. It is possible that the initial batch of 2009 models were offered to the dealers pre-configured as the initial 2008 C63's all coming with upgraded leather as an option that was required but a paid option.

If you are looking for a Performance Package car, I am sure that they will be around shortly. My plan is to trade in my 08 once they are around.

Autotrader is not a good way to get your hands around what is out there.... It is misleading and directional at a stretched best. Pick up the phone and start calling and you will find wht is really going on.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:39 PM

2013 C63 Black Series
Still dont understand/agree, but fair enough.

Anyway, all I care about is the LSD. A 450lb torque rear wheel car w/ no LSD is nuts to me... but maybe that's just me... I have been wrong many times before...

Last edited by jtrichel; 08-03-2008 at 05:48 PM.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:10 PM

09 C63 (Coming Soon)
+1

+1

+1

...WTF
Old 08-03-2008, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 GLK350, 2010 ML350, 2008 C63 AMG

no worries
Actually, the 2009 C63 with the performance package I saw yesterday did not have the steering wheel and the brakes looked like the ones I have on my 2008. The sticker on the car indicated that it had everything you wrote above though for $3990 though.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
hhmm so weird....

so the sticker said it HAD the suede steering wheel, but the car didnt?
Old 08-04-2008, 02:40 AM

None
Could it be that these options (brakes, steering wheel, etc.) are being added in-house at the dealer? I don't see any other explanation for it. I'm still uncertain as to what that near $4000 package gets you.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 GLK350, 2010 ML350, 2008 C63 AMG
hhmm so weird....

so the sticker said it HAD the suede steering wheel, but the car didnt?
Correct.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:46 AM

2013 C63 Black Series
From my dealer this morning

Re: my desire to order carbon fiber on the C63 AMG, and the dealer response that it is not an available 2009 option...

"I just went and checked as to why it is not available, and the manager told me, it is coming direct from Mercedes Benz. All they said is that it might be available later on, but they will not know when. He said that he had tried to order one for one of our clients and they informed him that it would not be an option at this time. Please let me know if you have any further questions"
Old 08-04-2008, 02:09 PM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
A black car
My dealer said that only custom orders will have the PP, they will not be ordering it otherwise.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:10 AM

e92
If your debating between the M3 and the C63, watch this video. It will help you in your decision (sorry if this vid has been posted)...the driver literally can't stop smiling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jTCw4mYwf4
Old 08-06-2008, 11:34 AM
Almost a Member!

1977 6.9; 2007 CLK350
Originally Posted by Merc_F1
If your debating between the M3 and the C63, watch this video. It will help you in your decision (sorry if this vid has been posted)...the driver literally can't stop smiling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jTCw4mYwf4
Have you seen the one hour show on DirecTV? They spend about 30 minutes at AMGs facility south of the Arctic Circle going mostly sideways. Then they go to a racetrack near Phoenix for about 20 minutes.

After watching this I decided I really need to get one of these when my CLK goes off lease.