Sponsored by:

MBUSA re: PP -- "there was a production problem"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 BMW 650ci
the letter said the problem has been corrected and all cars going forward have the whole package

my luck........my car was build yesterday, and is the last one with the half-*** PP

oh, and they "forgot" to slap some CF on
Old 08-06-2008, 03:38 PM

'09 C63 Performance Package - Steel Grey/Sahara Biege
Originally Posted by Last Emperor
so if my car is being built this week i wonder if it comes with the full PP , or the screwey one/?????????????
My dealer told me I had a build date of August 11th, and after looking into it, confirmed today that I was getting a "screwey" one. Which seems stupid if they are aware of the problem now...

Not sure what I'm going to do. I wanted a full performance car. Now I have to figure out how much the suspension and brakes are really worth to me.

I'm sure it's been asked 5,451 times, but does anyone know what the suspension mods are?
Old 08-06-2008, 03:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

monowiper
lol genius
Old 08-06-2008, 03:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
Originally Posted by OverBudget
LE: I would guess that your car is being built with the limited one. My dealer told me that it has been corrected (as the memo states) for September production cars...
Now thats timing... my target delvery date is October with all its goods, I'm hoping,,,

Then I'm still a happy camper, woo hoo... Its all about timing right?

I guess you can find me cruising the NYC streets alone...
Old 08-06-2008, 03:57 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Last Emperor: yes the memo states that it has been corrected - I'm just saying that my dealer (the one that broke this news), said that it has been corrected for September builds. The other thing to factor is that I have noticed build dates don't always match what they are scheduled. My car for instance was built 8 days early...

By the way, is your forum name because of Fedor Emelianeko?
Old 08-06-2008, 04:17 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
Ask them what they mean by that. Get it in writing that they will pay 100% of the cost to install the AMG brakes, suspension, and steering wheel that comes with the PP. You're looking at probably close to $6,000 when parts and labor is factored in.

That's exactly what I requested. Something in writing promising the missing parts (susp, wheel, brakes) be installed as soon as they're available at no cost to me. We'll see if they can deliver...

Thanks
Andy
Old 08-06-2008, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by dlbello
Now thats timing... my target delvery date is October with all its goods, I'm hoping,,,

Then I'm still a happy camper, woo hoo... Its all about timing right?

I guess you can find me cruising the NYC streets alone...
im gonna KEY the f*ck outta your car!!!

Old 08-06-2008, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by OverBudget
Last Emperor: yes the memo states that it has been corrected - I'm just saying that my dealer (the one that broke this news), said that it has been corrected for September builds. The other thing to factor is that I have noticed build dates don't always match what they are scheduled. My car for instance was built 8 days early...

By the way, is your forum name because of Fedor Emelianeko?
YES IT IS!!!

youre the first one to notice
Old 08-06-2008, 04:39 PM

im gonna KEY the f*ck outta your car!!!

I doubt you'll be able to see my car go by...just look for lightening flashes and loud Thunder
Old 08-06-2008, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
good point....LOL
Old 08-06-2008, 05:45 PM

2009 C63 AMG / 2009 Nissan GT-R / 1988 Ferrari 328 / 1977 Maserati Bora
Originally Posted by clktoc63
I'm sure it's been asked 5,451 times, but does anyone know what the suspension mods are?
I'm new to C63 ownership and to this forum so I missed the other 5,451 times

I was told the following by my dealer...

Suspension is stiffer spring rates front and back. IMHO, with about 60 miles on mine (PP020 "Light") the suspension is very stiff already. I'd skip this if you're not going to track the car (or maybe I'm just getting old). If you are, then I'd get a set of racing springs from Evosport (shameless plug for people I don't know).

As for the brakes, I plan on getting the Evosport 2 piece rotors all around once available. The brake upgrade is perforated pads and 2 piece rotors on the front. I'm told, the 2 piece rotor is nothing really exotic from a materials standpoint. Which makes $2,000 an outrageous sum.

Regards,

Ron
Old 08-06-2008, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
Originally Posted by clktoc63
For the Performance Package E63 AMG (P30)

The front axle 35% stiffer in rebound and 35% - 45% stiffer in compression.

The rear axle, the suspension is 45% - 60% stiffer in the rebound and compression.

Agreed, if you are not going to track the car or keep up with the M3 on twisty roads, you don't need the P30 package.

For those screwed by MBUSA on this, I think negotiating with the dealer for the LSD at $1200 and no charge for the speed limiter is a good choice.

Last edited by Jon2007E63P30; 08-06-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:43 PM

2008 335i, Dinan Stage II
Originally Posted by peet
Actually it is not. There was a test performed in scandinavia comparing that car, Audi and a bunch of others.

Roll-on to 250kph the 63 beat the M3 by about 10 car lengths. From a standing start the 63 beat the M3 by about 3 car lengths to 150kph.

Sorry, bzzzz. try again.
I'm 99% the test you refer to matched a DCT M3 convertible against a C63. Outcome was as expected. A standard M3 coupe would be a much closer race.

Regardless, I wish all of you who are getting a C63 with the decontented Performance Package luck. You're entitled to more of a discount than the bogus "credit" MB is offering.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G63 AMG, SL65 AMG, CLS550, S550, Tesla Model S Performance, Challenger SRT8
Just got a response about the PP from my dealer on a PP car they have coming in this week,

Good questions and you sound pretty informed. Truth is, I probably won't know until I see it but I would guess it will be lacking those same items. Screw up at the factory. I'll give you my 2 cents on the missing itesm below and they have announced a credit...$1,500 I think for those items missing. So the car would be less than the MSRP of 66,160. For background, I drove the car on the speedway and autocross in Las Vega a month ago. I took 3rd place out of 66 drivers so I pushed it very hard. You would not miss the stiffer suspension one bit...it is almost to rough as it is and I own a Porsche Turbo so I know rough.

Missing the Alcantra steering wheel would be the only bummer but at least they are not charging for it. The brakes do not look much different and again would not matter in my opinion unless you were going to track the car. Then the extra cooling from the alloy hub might matter, the rotors are actually just steel and same as the non-performance pgk. So no real increase in stopping power, just an faster recovery time, no fadding if you were tracking them. Also they are only different on the front, the back or the same no matter what.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:47 PM

2006 BMW 330i, 2009 C63
I am getting the pp package

George
Old 08-06-2008, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by MercPlease
Just got a response about the PP from my dealer on a PP car they have coming in this week,

Good questions and you sound pretty informed. Truth is, I probably won't know until I see it but I would guess it will be lacking those same items. Screw up at the factory. I'll give you my 2 cents on the missing itesm below and they have announced a credit...$1,500 I think for those items missing. So the car would be less than the MSRP of 66,160. For background, I drove the car on the speedway and autocross in Las Vega a month ago. I took 3rd place out of 66 drivers so I pushed it very hard. You would not miss the stiffer suspension one bit...it is almost to rough as it is and I own a Porsche Turbo so I know rough.

Missing the Alcantra steering wheel would be the only bummer but at least they are not charging for it. The brakes do not look much different and again would not matter in my opinion unless you were going to track the car. Then the extra cooling from the alloy hub might matter, the rotors are actually just steel and same as the non-performance pgk. So no real increase in stopping power, just an faster recovery time, no fadding if you were tracking them. Also they are only different on the front, the back or the same no matter what.
funny how he talks about all the reasons NOT to have those missing items!
LOLOLOL

suspension: "nah you dont need it, i came in 3rd place and drive a porsche"

wheel: "nice, but they are not charging for it"

brakes: well since you dont track it like me, theyre pretty much the same as the stock"

hahahhahahaha, what a clown!
Old 08-06-2008, 11:02 PM

Its starnge that people seem to say that the ride on a non stock was stiff. I test drove the car in the city streets of PA. and I was actually impressed... I just don't get it, I guess a Porsche Turbo must ride like a limo...
Old 08-07-2008, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Originally Posted by yaymitch
I just heard back from MBUSA (wow that was fast ), anyway she said that yes indeed the current PP cars will arrive exactly as stated in the initial post of this thread. That we will indeed be getting a refund (she could not tell me the exact amount). Here is the fun part - how the refund is issued depends on the dealer. She could not tell me whether they take it right off the sticker or just issue a refund check, etc. We need to contact our specific dealers for this information.

Other pertinent info: MBUSA cannot access our specific cars until they are processed after unloading from the ship and are issued US VIN's. There is no way to pull up the equipment on your car until it has a US VIN. Your dealer should know what is missing once it is processed and has a US VIN.

USA VIN???? HAHAHAHAHAHA, hilarious. The Vin plate is applied at the factory not in the USA. The Vin is assigned before the interior is even put into the car!
Old 08-07-2008, 12:03 AM

2009 C63 K1
Originally Posted by Kar don
USA VIN???? HAHAHAHAHAHA, hilarious. The Vin plate is applied at the factory not in the USA. The Vin is assigned before the interior is even put into the car!
You are right, and I have my VIN. But since the car has not been processed it does not show up as a US automobile and MBUSA cannot pull it up in their system, but your dealer can.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:57 AM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
A black car
funny how he talks about all the reasons NOT to have those missing items!
LOLOLOL

suspension: "nah you dont need it, i came in 3rd place and drive a porsche"

wheel: "nice, but they are not charging for it"

brakes: well since you dont track it like me, theyre pretty much the same as the stock"

hahahhahahaha, what a clown!
Hahahaha, that's what we call back pedaling.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G63 AMG, SL65 AMG, CLS550, S550, Tesla Model S Performance, Challenger SRT8
Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
Hahahaha, that's what we call back pedaling.
Yeeeaahhhhh
Old 08-07-2008, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GLK350, 2010 ML350, 2008 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by yaymitch
You are right, and I have my VIN. But since the car has not been processed it does not show up as a US automobile and MBUSA cannot pull it up in their system, but your dealer can.
You can actually take your car if you have the VIN. Just input it into the first link below - this is courtesy of Barry.

I tracked mine, I think you select Auto cargo and put in the VIN

Track your car: http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/cargoTrack.do

Track the ship: http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/index.html#search
Old 08-07-2008, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
im sure if the PP was available in full

the same guy would tell you why the brakes, suspension, and wheel are awesome!
Old 08-07-2008, 10:47 AM

2009 C63
Originally Posted by gsrjc
You can actually take your car if you have the VIN. Just input it into the first link below - this is courtesy of Barry.

I tracked mine, I think you select Auto cargo and put in the VIN

Track your car: http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/cargoTrack.do

Track the ship: http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/index.html#search
Mine could not be tracked this way... not sure if it was on a different shipping line...
Old 08-07-2008, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
Just so happens I was there at Vegas on the Friday and was second fastest. The fastest guy got a $6K IWC watch. Tommy Kendall got in the car and took 1 second off the fastest time of 44seconds. That is huge!
Also, here is my pace car ride. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N59zfxZe8cs yes I know I am laughing like ButtHead.

So I digress. I have the P30 package in my E63. I like the ride. But I will say that the C63 is stiffer to start with. The aluminum brake hats are about unsprung weight and rotational inertia an nothing to do with brake fade. Missing all the styling bits does not change the performance, but hey, everyone knows how washing your car makes it go faster so I would be upset for missing these as well. The LSD is the one performance item you do use the most. If the same thing had happened to me on the E63, I would have told them to sell the car to someone else. The P30 package on the E was about $8500.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MBUSA re: PP -- "there was a production problem"