Sponsored by:

Paint protect film

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 12:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Fully loaded C63 AMG - black on black and CF trim; 2006 Lexus IS250 AWD;
Paint protect film

has any one put da ppf on da car? does it really work, or just waste of money?
Old 08-10-2008, 03:47 AM

c63, Caterham 7, 335cic
The "Search" button is your friend!

Try: "Film" "Venture Shield" "3M"

Venture Shield is excellent, especially on a black car!

Last edited by bizguy4u; 08-10-2008 at 04:32 AM.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupè
Local Toronto guys

Congratulations on the new ride!! I do believe you are the first complete P30 in North America. Its nice to see we won't have the same issue as the US. Good going.

You may want to get to know the guys at http://www.the-autobahn.com/.

They will keep the "Swirls" out of your nice Black paint and they also install the 3M and Lumar protective shields.. Lumar seems to be a little better IMO

Enjoy the car....
Old 08-10-2008, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by NORTH 44 C55
Congratulations on the new ride!! I do believe you are the first complete P30 in North America. Its nice to see we won't have the same issue as the US. Good going.

You may want to get to know the guys at http://www.the-autobahn.com/.

They will keep the "Swirls" out of your nice Black paint and they also install the 3M and Lumar protective shields.. Lumar seems to be a little better IMO

Enjoy the car....
yup, bro; I need to quote a price from them first, coz they told me its about 1299 to install ppf in MB dealer, WOW
Old 08-10-2008, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupè
Ask for Frank Duarte (owner) Tell him Barry (C55) from Rogers sent you
Old 08-10-2008, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Clear Protective Film is a MUST. It works wonders. Make sure you use Venture Shield brand, they're truely the best.

Please also read this thread....

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/253977-experience-clear-bra-install.html
Old 08-10-2008, 02:50 PM

2009 C63
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Clear Protective Film is a MUST. It works wonders. Make sure you use Venture Shield brand, they're truely the best.

Please also read this thread....

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=253977
Lumar is also very good! I had the film installed 5 days after receipt of car and it is great!
Old 08-10-2008, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG & RR
Its a car guys not your wife or girlfriend....lol

Merc-Skycap
Old 08-10-2008, 03:52 PM

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GT-R
I'd say it's worth it if you daily drive the car. My daily driver has a lot of little stone chips, however my evening/weekend cars I have been fortunate/lucky enough to be mostly chip free. Thus, I have not put it on my C63 or E55. I'm still up in the air on them, simply because the ones I've seen I have been able to spot the clear bra fairly easily. I think if I were going to do it, I would have them cover the entire hood to make it more invisible.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:27 PM

I d like to know dat which one is da best, Lumar, Venture and 3M? and I'd like to put it all over my hood and bumpers, head lights
Old 08-10-2008, 04:29 PM

so clean bra is da same as ppf, right? so wat is clay bra?
Old 08-10-2008, 05:07 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Just Rino Line it.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Merc-Skycap
Its a car guys not your wife or girlfriend....lol

Merc-Skycap
u have two cars that i am crazy about, the Range Rover Sport Supercharged, and C63, how nice!!!
Old 08-11-2008, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG & RR
Thanks!

Thanks, hope you are enjoying your C63. If your going to put a protective film then cover your whole hood with it and back if you want. Usually people can't notice it if its covered all the way. I would rather not spend the money to do so but rather to find a way to cover the lower part of the bumper where my C63 has been scraped due to the fact its a low car. I am still trying to find out a good way to prevent that from happening because I cam't always be worried about the car when am going through driveways and parking lots lol.

ALL THE BEST!

Merc-Skycap
Old 08-11-2008, 02:45 PM

c63, Caterham 7, 335cic
Go with Venture Shield

You only need to do the front
Old 08-12-2008, 09:31 AM

BMW X5 4.6is, C63, or RENNtech CL55 On the Way; 06 M6(White/Sepang/Carbon), MINI S Gone!
The Venture Film (owned by 3M) is completely clear so once applied, it will look like your paint meaning that there is no excessive "orange peel" as you may experience with the 3M film. Be sure that your installer checks the film before the installation and after as sometimes the film has slight imperfections in the topcoat during the manufacturing process or striations in the film due to the winding of the film on the roll. This will be noticed if you are going to apply it to your entire hood, fenders, or areas in your direct eyeline.

I would advise not only doing the front of the car, but the rockers, and behind the rear wheel well in addition. In regions where people can't park (like here in DC), I would suggest doing the rear bumper as well!

The only thing that I would advise is that the film can be "marred or scratched" if you aren't careful when caring for your car. Unlike minor scratches and abrasions, it cannot be buffed out and depending on the degree of the damage, you may choose to either leave it or pay to have it replaced. The 3M film can be buffed using a low buffer setting. The Venture Shield cannot be buffed.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by renntechgirl
The Venture Film (owned by 3M) is completely clear so once applied, it will look like your paint meaning that there is no excessive "orange peel" as you may experience with the 3M film. Be sure that your installer checks the film before the installation and after as sometimes the film has slight imperfections in the topcoat during the manufacturing process or striations in the film due to the winding of the film on the roll. This will be noticed if you are going to apply it to your entire hood, fenders, or areas in your direct eyeline.

I would advise not only doing the front of the car, but the rockers, and behind the rear wheel well in addition. In regions where people can't park (like here in DC), I would suggest doing the rear bumper as well!

The only thing that I would advise is that the film can be "marred or scratched" if you aren't careful when caring for your car. Unlike minor scratches and abrasions, it cannot be buffed out and depending on the degree of the damage, you may choose to either leave it or pay to have it replaced. The 3M film can be buffed using a low buffer setting. The Venture Shield cannot be buffed.
thanks very much for all the information you give.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
any reason you are leaving letters out of your words? please don't.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:28 PM

Harley Fatboy, Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab 4x4, and soon an MB
I had the local Boston venture shield installer put it on my brand new black 2008 Cadillac Escalade Platinum Edition. What a mistake!!!!!

The guy's name is Dave Diminico and he works out of Rockland Ma. I called him and had his company put venture shield on my 1 week old brand new 2008 Escalade Platinum Edition. Within 2 hours the covering was bubbling and peeling. I immediately texted Dave pics of the problem. Dave did not stand behind his work or his product and had the gall to accuse me of causing the problem. I asked him to explain the reasoning for me to ruin a $500.00 job I just had done on an $80K vehicle. Of course he couldn't think of a logical reason, but still denied doing anything wrong.

I told him that since he was not willing to stand behind his product or it's installation, I wanted the venture shield removed and he came to do that 2 days later.
When Dave finally looked at the job, he finally admitted that there were some "installation issues". Then when he removed the venture shield, it exposed all the deep razor cuts that were put into the paint of my brand new black car during the installation his company did.

Prior to the installation Dave had touted venture shield as being better than all the other competitor's products because the pieces were pre-cut and didn't need to be cut on the car. They probably figured I would never have the shield removed, and therefore would never see the damage they caused.

After removing the venture shield, Dave jumped in his car and took off as fast as he could. I called him on his cell phone several times as he was driving away, and he wouldn't answer. I even text messaged him once. I pleaded with him to come back and inspect the damage on my vehicle. Dave did not return and did not return any of my messages. Instead he had his father Tom call me an hour later to stick up for him. Tom Diminico told me to sue them because "at the most, they were looking at a small-claims court case".

I contacted the better business bureau, the state's Attorney General's office, and an attorney. I am going to sue them in court to hold them responsible for ruining my brand new vehicle.

I can't stress enough how terrible my experience with dealing with venture shield and Dave and Tom Diminico has been. In my experience, one would be very wise to stay clear of the Diminico's, their company, their products, and their "services". If anyone would like to see photos of the damage the Diminico's company did to my new car, PM me and I will send them to you via email.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:32 PM

Harley Fatboy, Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab 4x4, and soon an MB
I had the local Boston venture shield installer put it on my brand new black 2008 Cadillac Escalade Platinum Edition. What a mistake!!!!!

The guy's name is Dave Diminico and he works out of Rockland Ma. I called him and had his company put venture shield on my 1 week old brand new 2008 Escalade Platinum Edition. Within 2 hours the covering was bubbling and peeling. I immediately texted Dave pics of the problem. Dave did not stand behind his work or his product and had the gall to accuse me of causing the problem. I asked him to explain the reasoning for me to ruin a $500.00 job I just had done on an $80K vehicle. Of course he couldn't think of a logical reason, but still denied doing anything wrong.

I told him that since he was not willing to stand behind his product or it's installation, I wanted the venture shield removed and he came to do that 2 days later.
When Dave finally looked at the job, he finally admitted that there were some "installation issues". Then when he removed the venture shield, it exposed all the deep razor cuts that were put into the paint of my brand new black car during the installation his company did.

Prior to the installation Dave had touted venture shield as being better than all the other competitor's products because the pieces were pre-cut and didn't need to be cut on the car. They probably figured I would never have the shield removed, and therefore would never see the damage they caused.

After removing the venture shield, Dave jumped in his car and took off as fast as he could. I called him on his cell phone several times as he was driving away, and he wouldn't answer. I even text messaged him once. I pleaded with him to come back and inspect the damage on my vehicle. Dave did not return and did not return any of my messages. Instead he had his father Tom call me an hour later to stick up for him. Tom Diminico told me to sue them because "at the most, they were looking at a small-claims court case".

I contacted the better business bureau, the state's Attorney General's office, and an attorney. I am going to sue them in court to hold them responsible for ruining my brand new vehicle.

I can't stress enough how terrible my experience with dealing with venture shield and Dave and Tom Diminico has been. In my experience, one would be very wise to stay clear of the Diminico's, their company, their products, and their "services". If anyone would like to see photos of the damage the Diminico's company did to my new car, PM me and I will send them to you via email.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by motorcop71

That's why I always stress to go with the BEST QUALITY INSTALLER possible and not just the best quality film.

motorcop71, please read my review of Premier, they're the BEST in the business....

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/233626-premier-mobile-group-clear-protective-film-review-feedback.html
Old 08-30-2008, 02:43 AM

2008 Dodge Diesel, 2009 C63 AMG
Thanks MB_Forever... we've been debating this as we close in on buying our C63 AMG. I'm in Santa Clara, so when I saw Premier was in Fremont I was stoked. I'll be scheduling an install appointment as soon as I take delivery of our car.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:40 PM

Porsche 911
A rare unfortunate experience

Originally Posted by motorcop71

This is strange as I have had a fantastic experience with Venture Shield. I called Dave Diminico and my Porsche had a film on it the very next day. Both me and my brother (who had his BMW covered) are very happy with our products and can find no reason to complain. I sympathize with you for your poor experience however I am sure that that was a very rare experience and I know that is not how they run their business. Me and my brother can only highly recommend this product to anyone wanting an invisible paint protection film.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 382 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
^^^^^^The above guys doing the instal OBVIOUSLY had no clue what they were doing. You don't just knife a car. My Ventureshield guy is an expert and he knows what he is doing because he is certified.

I hope they were held liable for the damage they caused. Maybe by the time they got to your car they went through the training they needed instead of seeing on TV or in a shop and thinking to themselves, "Hey I can do that too and make money!"

ONE POST AND YOU COME HERE TO COVER THEIR ASSES????? INTERESTING.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 c63, 2010 E63
Originally Posted by Andy.Andretti
This is strange as I have had a fantastic experience with Venture Shield. I called Dave Diminico and my Porsche had a film on it the very next day. Both me and my brother (who had his BMW covered) are very happy with our products and can find no reason to complain. I sympathize with you for your poor experience however I am sure that that was a very rare experience and I know that is not how they run their business. Me and my brother can only highly recommend this product to anyone wanting an invisible paint protection film.
Dave Diminico is that you?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Paint protect film