Pick up Black C63 on Saturday

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63
Pick up Black C63 on Saturday

Hi all,

Getting very excited about becoming an AMG owner - I've made a lot of sacrifices to get a car...biggest being moving from NYC to NJ!

Test drove both an M3 coupe and a C63 last Saturday - really enjoyed the M3 (especially as the salesman was acting more like a co-pilot!) and it set a v. high benchmark for the Merc to follow.

However, once I turned the key in the ignition in the C63 it was game over.

I'm getting my C63 from dealer stock so feel lucky for the quick turn around, the options I wanted were available - what I wanted was pretty standard, would have been good to have got the LSD without the rest of the PP, and wasn'r concerned about the iPod kit.

The car I'm getting is plain black (just like the one I test drove, but opted for black leather instead of the the beige) - I haven't seen the obsidian black though - how does that compare?

Been scanning the forum for advice during the break-in period, I'm glad that I will be able to give it a moderate 'push' during the first 1K miles.

All the best,

S1980
Old 08-14-2008, 10:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
Originally Posted by Sting1980
Hi all,

Getting very excited about becoming an AMG owner - I've made a lot of sacrifices to get a car...biggest being moving from NYC to NJ!

Test drove both an M3 coupe and a C63 last Saturday - really enjoyed the M3 (especially as the salesman was acting more like a co-pilot!) and it set a v. high benchmark for the Merc to follow.

However, once I turned the key in the ignition in the C63 it was game over.

I'm getting my C63 from dealer stock so feel lucky for the quick turn around, the options I wanted were available - what I wanted was pretty standard, would have been good to have got the LSD without the rest of the PP, and wasn'r concerned about the iPod kit.

The car I'm getting is plain black (just like the one I test drove, but opted for black leather instead of the the beige) - I haven't seen the obsidian black though - how does that compare?

Been scanning the forum for advice during the break-in period, I'm glad that I will be able to give it a moderate 'push' during the first 1K miles.

All the best,

S1980
Well your first mistake was moving to Jersey, what exit? lol just joking, its a Bklyn thing from SNL.... I'm getting the Plain Black as the one you test drove, I've seen the OB Black on a Non C63 I just didn't like it. It almost looked dirty, couldn't really see the sparkle on the paint (maybe in the Sun) The Plain Black is like a Piano Black which I think is the best looking color on that car. I've seen in person a few other colors on the C63 but Plain Black blew me away. As far as interior, I went Black with the CF trim PP package loaded with a big price tag ... I had seen a CLK Blk BS with the CF and it was incrediable... Good Luck!

Last edited by dlbello; 08-14-2008 at 10:54 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:04 AM

'09 C63
Thanks - in answer to your question 14C

Cool - glad I opted for the plain black then, and didn't fall into the trap of '$720 more, must mean it is better!'.

The dealer was getting it shipped to their lot yesterday, so I'm expecting a call later on today confirming I can pick up tomorrow (unless I've completly jinxed myself)

Old 08-15-2008, 12:59 PM

C63, LR3
nice congratz...black is the right color for this car...
Old 08-15-2008, 01:08 PM

2009 Fully loaded C63 AMG - black on black and CF trim; 2006 Lexus IS250 AWD;
Originally Posted by Balz
nice congratz...black is the right color for this car...
+1
Old 08-15-2008, 01:18 PM

Lexus IS 350 F Sport

Dude ...what's wrong with Jersey ?? I like it here J/K

Congrats on the new ride piiiicccsss please !!!!!
Old 08-15-2008, 01:26 PM

C63, LR3
Jersey is good times...but not the 1&9 by the airport...lol...

Trending Topics

Old 08-15-2008, 03:13 PM

'09 C63
I'm a Brit, so still getting my head round all of the road names, though I know the 1/9 and know it can be a pain. I'm hoping the Sat-Nav will be my saviour, and guide me to whereever I need to go Especially as I have to spend a large amount of my brain capacity keeping me on the right-side of the road.

On the test drive, the salesguy put the Sat Nav in 'follow' mode, and it seemed like the map was very clear and easy to follow (even for me) - how does it cope with the tangled web of NJ roads? Is it worth me trailing a ball of string from the back of the car so I can always make it back?
Old 08-15-2008, 04:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
Originally Posted by Sting1980
I'm a Brit, so still getting my head round all of the road names, though I know the 1/9 and know it can be a pain. I'm hoping the Sat-Nav will be my saviour, and guide me to whereever I need to go Especially as I have to spend a large amount of my brain capacity keeping me on the right-side of the road.

On the test drive, the salesguy put the Sat Nav in 'follow' mode, and it seemed like the map was very clear and easy to follow (even for me) - how does it cope with the tangled web of NJ roads? Is it worth me trailing a ball of string from the back of the car so I can always make it back?
BTW...and don't ask anyone for direction, they will send you else where..
Old 08-15-2008, 09:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
Congrats!
Old 08-16-2008, 10:58 PM

'08 C63 AMG
Nothin' like that engine dude. Enjoy!
Old 08-17-2008, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by omgitselaine
Dude ...what's wrong with Jersey ?? I like it here J/K
Price of insurance must suck in Jersey.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:08 PM

'09 C63
Yeah - NJ insurance prices sucks a lot - especially as a 'new driver' (had my UK licence for 10 years, but my NJ one for 2 weeks )

My first set of quotes where over 4K for 6 months , but then managed to get it for $1700 for 6 months from Geico, so was reletively happy with that (that's with comp. and collision, and especially in NJ, made sure I had adequete 'un/under insured driver' coverage)