Sponsored by:

Saw my first C63 in Germany today....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Iridium Silver C63
Saw my first C63 in Germany today....

Surprisingly, there are not that many C63 in Germany. Same thing for the M3/M5. I've been living in Germany for about 3 years and I have seen more Lambos and Ferrari's than M/AMG cars on the road. I was driving back from Munich this afternoon northbound on Autobahn 6 just south of Nuremberg when I pull into the passing lane to pass a semi with my 3-Series. I was doing a comfy 175kph (about 105mph) when I see a pair of bright Xenons approaching rapidly from behind. I floored it to finish the pass and get out of the way. I looked at my speedo and I was up to 190kph when the Iridium Silver C63 blews by me on the other lane being tailed by a black 5-series. Gawd I gotta have this car!! I'm gonna go test drive in Frankfurt on Monday. I'm sure it will do nothing but reinforce my commitment to get me one of these. I already found a dealer willing to give me $1k off MSRP and I'm trying to milk him for more by making him throw in the Tele-Aid crap in for free since it's not something I would have bought if I had choice. Wish me luck....
Old 09-06-2008, 04:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
Originally Posted by EROD
Surprisingly, there are not that many C63 in Germany. Same thing for the M3/M5. I've been living in Germany for about 3 years and I have seen more Lambos and Ferrari's than M/AMG cars on the road. I was driving back from Munich this afternoon northbound on Autobahn 6 just south of Nuremberg when I pull into the passing lane to pass a semi with my 3-Series. I was doing a comfy 175kph (about 105mph) when I see a pair of bright Xenons approaching rapidly from behind. I floored it to finish the pass and get out of the way. I looked at my speedo and I was up to 190kph when the Iridium Silver C63 blews by me on the other lane being tailed by a black 5-series. Gawd I gotta have this car!! I'm gonna go test drive in Frankfurt on Monday. I'm sure it will do nothing but reinforce my commitment to get me one of these. I already found a dealer willing to give me $1k off MSRP and I'm trying to milk him for more by making him throw in the Tele-Aid crap in for free since it's not something I would have bought if I had choice. Wish me luck....
Yep...Sounds like the Low, Med and High End torque is doing its job....

The only thing which has come close for me in sound and power would be my 69 Vette, when running at above 120 miles an hr it sounded like a stock car racer.... and the vette had 360 lbs of Torque, the C63 is around 445 lbs so watch out . As always, all is in great and fun but with good judgment, NEVER BE IMPAIRED!!! Just a good word for the young and inexperienced!!!

To all young/old Please use good judgment at all times... Have fun and GB you all !
Old 09-06-2008, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
Well good luck on buying a AMG C63 on the German economy. A fully loaded C63 is over 90 euro k.And to get something for free in Germany like you said tele aid, well you can forget that as well.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by dlbello
Yep...Sounds like the Low, Med and High End torque is doing its job....

The only thing which has come close for me in sound and power would be my 69 Vette, when running at above 120 miles an hr it sounded like a stock car racer.... and the vette had 360 lbs of Torque, the C63 is around 445 lbs so watch out . As always, all is in great and fun but with good judgment, NEVER BE IMPAIRED!!! Just a good word for the young and inexperienced!!!

To all young/old Please use good judgment at all times... Have fun and GB you all !
69 vette, you may hit some top speeds for a couple of seconds but could not sustain your speed like these top of the line vehicles, please dont compare!!
Old 09-06-2008, 07:51 PM

2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
Originally Posted by AMGC60-3
69 vette, you may hit some top speeds for a couple of seconds but could not sustain your speed like these top of the line vehicles, please dont compare!!
This is true if you're an idiot , The truth of the matter is as a stock 427 (Big Block) engine with large gears (390's ratio) will/ can sustain high speeds. Handling the power is a different story. It came with stock 4 piston calibers ( First, at that time called power brakes) all the way around so the car did stop on the dime... And BTW... I wasn't talking about all around performance...I can tell you that this car was called "Rolling Thunder" With a Fiber glass body (light weight) this was, is very fast...
Old 09-07-2008, 05:25 AM

2009 Iridium Silver C63
Well good luck on buying a AMG C63 on the German economy. A fully loaded C63 is over 90 euro k.And to get something for free in Germany like you said tele aid, well you can forget that as well.
I'm not buying this car in Germany. I'm buying it back in the states since I'll be returning there in a couple of months. 90K Euro? I haven't checked German prices but that would be like $150k at today's exchange rate, not sure that is a correct but it definitely costs much much more than what we're paying in the US.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes, on the German "economy" a fully loaded German spec is justover 90k (euro) and I believe they have a base of 67k. I have priced them on the German side. I was down by Ramstein AB this last Friday and will in the future order one thru the Military car sales at a great price. I can have one fully loaded with the exception of the PP and mettalic paint for around 62k US dollars plus a rebate of 5-8%. God I love this car!!!
Old 09-07-2008, 12:04 PM

2009 Iridium Silver C63
Yes, on the German "economy" a fully loaded German spec is justover 90k (euro) and I believe they have a base of 67k. I have priced them on the German side. I was down by Ramstein AB this last Friday and will in the future order one thru the Military car sales at a great price. I can have one fully loaded with the exception of the PP and mettalic paint for around 62k US dollars plus a rebate of 5-8%. God I love this car!!!

MB does not give any Military Sales discount on any of it's AMG models. What dealer are you getting that qoute from? I've tried 4 different dealers, including the ones by Ramstein AB and nothing. They do have UP to 10% on some of their higher end models (talking S-Class here) but nothing on the AMG models and only about $1500 on the regular C-Class. I'm all ears if you have any more details. Who knows, the dealer might dig deeper if you can get him another sale. I did find one dealer who was willing to give me '08 price on the '09 model BEFORE the '09 price was put out. Pretty sure the offer no longer stands. The only reason I didn't buy then was because they refused to ship it for free to the states like BMW and just about every other manufactuer does. Just the overseas shipping would have wiped those savings. Maybe it was just that dealer since I never got that far with any of the other dealers since they wouldn't budge on the MSRP.
I wish MB had as robust a military sales program like BMW. BMW will give me about $4-5k off on the M3, ship it to the States for free AND free scheduled maintenance.
The invoice price on this car is close to $51k and they make next to nothing on options so ther're not a lot of wiggle room once you factor in the salesman's commission and the dealer's cut. I don't think we'll see anything beyond $1000-1500 off until this time next summer when the 2010 models start crowding the lots.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I was told this last Friday at Ramstein Torpedo Garage which is a MB dealership that they were hoping to give American military a 5-8% discount for it's 2009 models, which would make the 09's cheaper than the08's.I was also told that they should have a C63 to test drive in 4 or 5 weeks and if you do order it should take 8-10 weeks for delivery.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:44 PM

2009 Iridium Silver C63
I was told this last Friday at Ramstein Torpedo Garage which is a MB dealership that they were hoping to give American military a 5-8% discount for it's 2009 models, which would make the 09's cheaper than the08's.I was also told that they should have a C63 to test drive in 4 or 5 weeks and if you do order it should take 8-10 weeks for delivery.
Thanks for info. Torpedo Garage was he one that had offered '08 price on the '09 models but that was about 2 months ago. They're alos the ones that told me that the price wouldn't include shipping to the states. Perhaps they've changed their tune now. It would be nice if they followed through with the proposed 5-8% discount. That's a lot off, especially if the dealer is going to eat most of it if MB balks at a military sales discount, like they always do on AMG models. On the other hand, that amount of discount is in line with what BMW is offering on the M3. I now of at least 3 new M3 owners that walked away from the C63 due to no discount. Some of these German salesmen get volume sales bonuses at the end of the year so this one might be willing to eat up some of her commission in exchange for that fat bounus at the end of the year....who knows. I'll be contacting her again tomorrow to see what she offers now if I show her 50% down and financing secured for the rest. Have you dealt with any other dealers? I've tried the one in Wiesbaden but they weren't too interested in giving discount on their AMGs either. For 8% off, I'd be willing to wait till november/december. Otherwise, I think i'm gonna go for the $1000 off and pick it up in the states next month.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by EROD
Thanks for info. Torpedo Garage was he one that had offered '08 price on the '09 models but that was about 2 months ago. They're alos the ones that told me that the price wouldn't include shipping to the states. Perhaps they've changed their tune now. It would be nice if they followed through with the proposed 5-8% discount. That's a lot off, especially if the dealer is going to eat most of it if MB balks at a military sales discount, like they always do on AMG models. On the other hand, that amount of discount is in line with what BMW is offering on the M3. I now of at least 3 new M3 owners that walked away from the C63 due to no discount. Some of these German salesmen get volume sales bonuses at the end of the year so this one might be willing to eat up some of her commission in exchange for that fat bounus at the end of the year....who knows. I'll be contacting her again tomorrow to see what she offers now if I show her 50% down and financing secured for the rest. Have you dealt with any other dealers? I've tried the one in Wiesbaden but they weren't too interested in giving discount on their AMGs either. For 8% off, I'd be willing to wait till november/december. Otherwise, I think i'm gonna go for the $1000 off and pick it up in the states next month.
I have had email contact with Wiesbaden but they were always slow to respond or no response and not so helpfull. I will stick with Torpedo and have "worked" a relationship with them.I work here at Spangdahlem AB and there must be at least 8 or 10 M3's here.I really dont like them,they do nothing for me and dont give me that warm fuzzy.The C63 is a well kept secretand has so much more room to expand it's talents. I am looking at throwing 20-30k down on mine.....What color and extras are you looking at?
Old 09-09-2008, 02:25 AM

2008 C300 SPORT (white)
torpedo garage

I purchased my C300 from them, while i was deployed, i will be honest, they act like they dont need the business, I didnt really have any major issues with them, just some days seem like i was on the bottom, of their list. I actually was the first to purchase the C300/C350 model from them.I ordered mine with the Multi-Media Package, which includes the Navi. To their surprise, it doesnt work in Germany, even tho I was tracking this issue, they weren't. So it caused a hold up on the production at the time. End result I recieved the MM package, and got a refund of $1250 for it not being able to work in Germany. Another issue is the customs, I referred one of my boys to them, and he is purchasing the CLS 550, and now his date has been pushed back another 2 wks, due to customs. All in all, if u want the MB u have to deal wit their mess, lol. I was told last yr, before I ordered the vehicle by MBUSA.com that soldier/airmen, stationed in Germany can actually go to ANY MB dealership in Germany and order a Vehicle and still recieve the benefits of being stationed overseas. Dont no how true this is, so I just settled with goign thru Torpedo Garage, due to the fact they speak english.

Good Luck with whatever u decide to do!
Old 09-09-2008, 07:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by white_glass_top
I purchased my C300 from them, while i was deployed, i will be honest, they act like they dont need the business, I didnt really have any major issues with them, just some days seem like i was on the bottom, of their list. I actually was the first to purchase the C300/C350 model from them.I ordered mine with the Multi-Media Package, which includes the Navi. To their surprise, it doesnt work in Germany, even tho I was tracking this issue, they weren't. So it caused a hold up on the production at the time. End result I recieved the MM package, and got a refund of $1250 for it not being able to work in Germany. Another issue is the customs, I referred one of my boys to them, and he is purchasing the CLS 550, and now his date has been pushed back another 2 wks, due to customs. All in all, if u want the MB u have to deal wit their mess, lol. I was told last yr, before I ordered the vehicle by MBUSA.com that soldier/airmen, stationed in Germany can actually go to ANY MB dealership in Germany and order a Vehicle and still recieve the benefits of being stationed overseas. Dont no how true this is, so I just settled with goign thru Torpedo Garage, due to the fact they speak english.

Good Luck with whatever u decide to do!
Hey, I am up at Spangdahlem AB, where are you stationed at?
Old 09-13-2008, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

To all you military ID card holders in Germany. Like I said one or two weeks ago, I received a email from MB Torpedo garage yesterday that all modells will receive a 8% rebate with a factory tour and also no "destination charge". I have the prices here with me and the base price for a 2009 AMG C63 is $50,692. Now is that a deal or not?
Old 09-14-2008, 11:21 AM

2009 Black C63 AMG
To all you military ID card holders in Germany. Like I said one or two weeks ago, I received a email from MB Torpedo garage yesterday that all modells will receive a 8% rebate with a factory tour and also no "destination charge". I have the prices here with me and the base price for a 2009 AMG C63 is $50,692. Now is that a deal or not?
Hey AMG C60-3,

I have sent you a PM. Can you tell me the details from Torpedo Garage? I have a 2009 C63 on order for October delivery, and I might want to re-negotiate my deal. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RM-6302
Hey AMG C60-3,

I have sent you a PM. Can you tell me the details from Torpedo Garage? I have a 2009 C63 on order for October delivery, and I might want to re-negotiate my deal. Thanks in advance.
yes, I am on their email list and had visited them just over a week ago and they sent me the new prices for the 2009 Mercedes lineup all marked down by 8% across the board. If I was you I would call them first thing Monday and ask them about it and have them send the listing to your military email.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:32 PM

2009 Black C63 AMG
I sent an e-mail to Torpedo Garage today. I was very surprised to find out that they will discount my purchase 8%. Final numbers still need to be worked out, but this is nearly $3,000 less than my previous deal. I'm still on for the last week of October delivery. That is by far the best news that I have heard in quite awhile.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I sent an e-mail to Torpedo Garage today. I was very surprised to find out that they will discount my purchase 8%. Final numbers still need to be worked out, but this is nearly $3,000 less than my previous deal. I'm still on for the last week of October delivery. That is by far the best news that I have heard in quite awhile.
Hey I am glad that its working out for you, but you should saving more than 3k right? Did you get the price list I sent you earlier today?
Old 09-16-2008, 12:02 AM

2009 Black C63 AMG
Hey I am glad that its working out for you, but you should saving more than 3k right? Did you get the price list I sent you earlier today?
Not quite. The figures are still not final, but my calculations have my savings at $2954. The thing is, I had the 2009 at 2008 price deal, so I was already saving some money on the original deal. Yes, thanks again for the list. I am now waiting on an updated order confirmation sheet, and then the VIN confirmation, sometime around 04OCT, with factory delivery O/A 24OCT. I am getting really psyched. I'm 44 years old, and I haven't been this excited about a car since I was 18-19. That car was a Mustang GT, 5.0. Thanks again, I'll let you know how things progress from here.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:19 AM

2009 Fully loaded C63 AMG - black on black and CF trim; 2006 Lexus IS250 AWD;
i wish i could have a place i can drive my car at 190 kph in Toronto~~~lucky u guys aye
Old 09-16-2008, 02:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jackrycheung
i wish i could have a place i can drive my car at 190 kph in Toronto~~~lucky u guys aye
Yes it's one of the best things being over here! About 70% of my drive to work is on the autobahn that has no speed limit.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Not quite. The figures are still not final, but my calculations have my savings at $2954. The thing is, I had the 2009 at 2008 price deal, so I was already saving some money on the original deal. Yes, thanks again for the list. I am now waiting on an updated order confirmation sheet, and then the VIN confirmation, sometime around 04OCT, with factory delivery O/A 24OCT. I am getting really psyched. I'm 44 years old, and I haven't been this excited about a car since I was 18-19. That car was a Mustang GT, 5.0. Thanks again, I'll let you know how things progress from here.
So they are giving you 8% off for the extras as well then? Please keep me in the loop.I hope to drive down to Ramstein when they have a C63 for a test drive and take it on the autobahn for some fun.:
Old 09-21-2008, 04:39 PM

09 C63
My 8% discount is in effect. I waited on payment until it came through, and it did. When I get all the new paperwork I will make payment. It's pushing back my 6 October pickup date though. Oh well, for an 8% discount, I'll wait. My price will be less than $60K with all but PP and CF.
Old 10-04-2008, 03:16 PM

09 C63
Originally Posted by AMGBeleza
My 8% discount is in effect. I waited on payment until it came through, and it did. When I get all the new paperwork I will make payment. It's pushing back my 6 October pickup date though. Oh well, for an 8% discount, I'll wait. My price will be less than $60K with all but PP and CF.
Ha ha... change on that! They said 8% was in effect and apparently MBUSA and Stuttgart folks are having a hard time getting it all wired. They are going back and forth on 5% or 8%. I was at Torpedo on Thurs and she told me that they have a discount percent solid, but not sure what it is. My dealer just says "I'll believe it when I see it." So, that's where I stand. My car is actually done, and I have a VIN, just haven't paid yet, but it is mine until I turn it down. We decided if paperwork for the discount doesn't come through by the 8th or so, I'm just going to go ahead and pay. So... just a few more weeks!
Old 10-04-2008, 03:46 PM

2009 Black C63 AMG
Originally Posted by AMGBeleza
Ha ha... change on that! They said 8% was in effect and apparently MBUSA and Stuttgart folks are having a hard time getting it all wired. They are going back and forth on 5% or 8%. I was at Torpedo on Thurs and she told me that they have a discount percent solid, but not sure what it is. My dealer just says "I'll believe it when I see it." So, that's where I stand. My car is actually done, and I have a VIN, just haven't paid yet, but it is mine until I turn it down. We decided if paperwork for the discount doesn't come through by the 8th or so, I'm just going to go ahead and pay. So... just a few more weeks!
Hey AMGBeleza,

I have been dealing with Jeanette. Who have you been working with? Please let us know how your deal works out. I should be right behind you for payment. My factory delivery is scheduled for 24 OCT. When are you scheduled to pick up? Ihave sent e-mails to MBUSA as well as Jeanette at Torpedo Garage, but they won't answer until late Monday at the earliest. I have a black on black on order. What color(s) are you going with? Thanks in advance for the help

Tom

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Saw my first C63 in Germany today....