C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Performance Pkg reading give me headache

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e550 4m
Performance Pkg reading give me headache

Okay - so I have read almost every page on Performance packages on this site and google - my question is

1) can you tell if my car has the upgraded brakes or suspension?

I ordered a 09 with APP in Canada - cost was 6500$ - after reading all this stuff I called another dealer and asked a completly educated sales person what the performance pkg included he said, steering wheel, speed delimter and lsd. I asked him about suspension and he said thats what an LSD is - so that is why i call him uneducated.

I also emailed my sales rep and she said the same thing ... I have pasted this from the MB canadian website

AMG Performance Package - $6500
Electronic Speed Limiter Deletion
Limited-Slip Rear Differential
AMG Carbon Fibre Trim
Performance Package

is there a "Perfomance Package" inside the AMG Performance Pkg? Perhaps the AMG pkg is the APP and the performance pkg inside is the P30?

This is getting frustrating
thanks for any help.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupè
Originally Posted by stefario
Okay - so I have read almost every page on Performance packages on this site and google - my question is

1) can you tell if my car has the upgraded brakes or suspension?

I ordered a 09 with APP in Canada - cost was 6500$ - after reading all this stuff I called another dealer and asked a completly educated sales person what the performance pkg included he said, steering wheel, speed delimter and lsd. I asked him about suspension and he said thats what an LSD is - so that is why i call him uneducated.

I also emailed my sales rep and she said the same thing ... I have pasted this from the MB canadian website

AMG Performance Package - $6500
Electronic Speed Limiter Deletion
Limited-Slip Rear Differential
AMG Carbon Fibre Trim
Performance Package

is there a "Perfomance Package" inside the AMG Performance Pkg? Perhaps the AMG pkg is the APP and the performance pkg inside is the P30?

This is getting frustrating
thanks for any help.

I think you must have missed a few posts re the Canadian P30 package:

Contains:

P30 AMG Performance Package

• Electronic Speed Limiter Deletion
• AMG Limited Slip Differential
• AMG Performance Suspension
• AMG High-Performance
Composite Brakes
• AMG Performance Steering Wheel
(Nappa Leather with Alcantara Side Grips)
• AMG Carbon Fibre Trim

Cost $6500.00

What's your build date? Oct, Nov and Dec C63 builds with P30 have been bumped by 90 days

Last edited by NORTH 44 C63; 09-08-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:22 PM

e550 4m
thanks for the info...

i got mine on Satuday - it was orignially bumped from Sept build to Feb build however the sales woman called me up and said she had one in the compound for me to pick up...guess i am that good in bed

So regardless of the lack of mentioned brake / suspension upgrade on the MB website (when buildng the car) and from the dealers i still have this?

the brakes appear the same on either model? the conspirator in me thinks maybe the assumption is I have it and paid for it, reality is I dont and should get some money back...

but what do I know.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupè
thanks for the info...

i got mine on Satuday - it was orignially bumped from Sept build to Feb build however the sales woman called me up and said she had one in the compound for me to pick up...guess i am that good in bed

So regardless of the lack of mentioned brake / suspension upgrade on the MB website (when buildng the car) and from the dealers i still have this?

the brakes appear the same on either model? the conspirator in me thinks maybe the assumption is I have it and paid for it, reality is I dont and should get some money back...

but what do I know.
I have seen and been in several Canadian C63's with P30 and all were complete. Look closely at your Front brakes. They should be 2 piece (as per attached photo). There should be a series of nuts around the inside ring showing that they are in fact 2 piece. If not....Guess you were not that good in bed after all (LOL)
Attached Thumbnails Performance Pkg reading give me headache-my-c63-pick-up-017.jpg   Performance Pkg reading give me headache-my-c63-pick-up-010.jpg  
Old 09-08-2008, 02:36 PM

e550 4m
Thanks Barry - I will take a look and get back...
Old 09-08-2008, 09:41 PM

e550 4m
You got it - two piece - Thanks Barry that was really helpful.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
You got it - two piece - Thanks Barry that was really helpful.
Sounds like you do have the PP suspension... the million dollar question is how does the suspension feel??? Too tight bumpy? Have you ridden the Non PP C63 (which I did and felt Great ) what do think if you have... Thanks Good Luck with Your Ride!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a durr
what colour is your c63?
Old 09-08-2008, 11:20 PM

e550 4m
Its palladium ....... silver with black inside.

Yeah the suspension is alot tighter than non performance - i actually called the dealership after i left to ask if it had different suspension (they said no, but obviously with the PP it does) Its not bad when your moving, but i was in typical rush hour and doing 10 kph for about an hour and i could feel everything in the road, it was actually kind of frustrating.

Once you get moving though its awesome being able to feel the road like that, its not intrusive just very perceptive feeling, you know whats going on under there and its a flick of the wrist to avoid the stuff you see. havent hit a pot hole or anything yet, i am sure its not gonna be nice.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:51 PM

2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
Its palladium ....... silver with black inside.

Yeah the suspension is alot tighter than non performance - i actually called the dealership after i left to ask if it had different suspension (they said no, but obviously with the PP it does) Its not bad when your moving, but i was in typical rush hour and doing 10 kph for about an hour and i could feel everything in the road, it was actually kind of frustrating.

Once you get moving though its awesome being able to feel the road like that, its not intrusive just very perceptive feeling, you know whats going on under there and its a flick of the wrist to avoid the stuff you see. havent hit a pot hole or anything yet, i am sure its not gonna be nice.
OK... but did you actually test drive a Non PP package before you received your New car? I did test drive a non PP and it felt great over rough roads. So this is the Only way I'd be able to determine the difference, please do not assume... Thanks
Old 09-09-2008, 01:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a durr
I remember seeing a palladium silver C63 on sunday Septmber 7th, 2008 at approximately 4:20pm coming back from Surrey on 108th West. The C63 was always 3~4 cars ahead of me and took the coquitlam exit and went on west lougheed. Driving was a middle aged man with shades on, talking on cell phone while merging onto a very backed up Westbound trans-canada highway towards the Portman bridge. Was that you?

Last edited by yooker; 09-09-2008 at 02:56 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:08 PM

e550 4m
Yes the demo car was non PP