Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 07:18 PM
MHP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Stock ECU A/F Data and OEM C63 Exhaust Pics

Due to time constaints and the fact we had 3 customers waiting to hit the rollers we didn't have time to do a dyno pull overlayed with A/F data, however the FAST DB is in (as are the Thermalnators) and I do have data from pulls made on the street--deserted industrial park so no worries. This is with both stock ECU/TCU, I'll post dyno graphs from the same DJ pre/post ECU/TCU tune by Friday and am still shooting to hit the track with both tuned control units on Friday night (weather depending).

idle to 2800rpm- 13.0-13.1:1

2800-6800rpm- 12.4-12.6:1

6800+ rpm- 11.8-11.9:1

Overall I'm fairly impressed with the stock A/F ratio. The meat of the band is right on par with where it should be, though our ECU tunes do correct for the relatively minor deficiencies we're seeing in the low/high end--we don't want the extra fuel up top and we don't want the bottom end as lean as it is either.

While we had the car on the lift I snapped some shots of the OEM exhaust. It's not bad for a stock exhaust but there is definitely room for improvement. I was quite shocked to see the "clearancing" job that MB did around the front of the differential. It's the type of thing that you'd typically see from Jed's exhaust shop, rather disappointing to say the least. IMO there is room for a full 3" exhaust from the headers back with a true X crossover. This is our next mod.

The passenger's side dent is significantly larger/deeper than the driver's side:

Driver's side indentation:

Stay tuned race fans, it's going to be an exciting week.

Thanks
Andy
Old 09-09-2008, 03:05 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Stock with filters dynograph:

Made two pulls back to back with the hood down: 376 then 373rwhp SAE on a dynojet in 5th gear (1:1).
Old 09-09-2008, 04:15 AM

12 C63 AMG, 08 Porsche GT2, 06 Mercedes SLR Mclaren
Andy keep them coming ,, Great work ,,
You're the Best
wish you all the Best Bro ,,
Old 09-09-2008, 11:40 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by ABUDHABI
Andy keep them coming ,, Great work ,,
You're the Best
wish you all the Best Bro ,,
Thanks Khaled, great to see you over here as well!
Old 09-09-2008, 11:48 PM

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GT-R
Can't wait for the results! This first stage is simply ECU/TCU tune correct? Filters, exhaust and everything else stock?
Old 09-10-2008, 12:22 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by nrgy
Can't wait for the results! This first stage is simply ECU/TCU tune correct? Filters, exhaust and everything else stock?
My car presently has filters, thermalnators, DB A/F meter, and on Thursday/Friday the final C63 ECU/TCU calibrations. I also put on Nitto 285/35/18 Nitto DRs to help net more consistant numbers at the strip.
Although you can purchase everything we carry a la carte, the "official" MHP stage I package will consist of Thermalnators, Filters, and ECU/TCU tuning--I can also sell you the DRs . Stage II will add a hand ported intake manifold, CAIs, stainless longtubes (with or without metallic substrate cats, you can choose the cell count), and 3" exhaust (retaining stock tips). Stage III is the above plus hand ported heads (custom for every application with a multitude of valvetrain and hardware options), custom billet cams and given traction the ability to ***** slap your neighbors C6 Z06 (badass ride that it is) like a red headed step child.
Honestly I think that the vast majority of our Stage I customers won't need anything more --lol not saying they won't want it.

Thanks
Andy

Last edited by MHP; 09-10-2008 at 12:29 AM.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:41 PM

GX470
Originally Posted by MHP
My car presently has filters, thermalnators, DB A/F meter, and on Thursday/Friday the final C63 ECU/TCU calibrations. I also put on Nitto 285/35/18 Nitto DRs to help net more consistant numbers at the strip.
Although you can purchase everything we carry a la carte, the "official" MHP stage I package will consist of Thermalnators, Filters, and ECU/TCU tuning--I can also sell you the DRs . Stage II will add a hand ported intake manifold, CAIs, stainless longtubes (with or without metallic substrate cats, you can choose the cell count), and 3" exhaust (retaining stock tips). Stage III is the above plus hand ported heads (custom for every application with a multitude of valvetrain and hardware options), custom billet cams and given traction the ability to ***** slap your neighbors C6 Z06 (badass ride that it is) like a red headed step child.
Honestly I think that the vast majority of our Stage I customers won't need anything more --lol not saying they won't want it.

Thanks
Andy
Andy,

Please keep me posted on your progress. I am interested in your stage I package; any thing you can provide to educate me on what the mods are, their benefits, and price would be appreciated. If all make sense, considering cost vs. benefits, I would like to know how I can make it happen.

Thanks,

chieplai@gmail.com
Old 09-12-2008, 06:59 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by chieplai
Andy,

Please keep me posted on your progress. I am interested in your stage I package; any thing you can provide to educate me on what the mods are, their benefits, and price would be appreciated. If all make sense, considering cost vs. benefits, I would like to know how I can make it happen.

Thanks,

chieplai@gmail.com
Thanks for inquiring. Please check out this thread for more info on our stage I tuning package, next up ported intake manifolds, and a full exhaust: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/260505-update-mhp-ecu-tcu-tuning.html