Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My car is at VRP right now...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 03:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by NORTH 44 C55
Not defending anyone. Just calling as I see it "Dude"

If it quacks like a duck............

My advice on "tuning" Hi Pro motors (you can take it or leave it)

Simple is Best. To just to keep throwing good money after a pipe dream of Super Power rarely comes to a good end.

Just my 2 cents......
What are you talking about? There is nothing unusual about my mods. They are all standard Kleemann S8 mods.

When Kleemann comes out with C63 SC kit like a stage 8, then I all in. I would not take a chance with these local guys.

Last edited by AMGSC; 10-14-2008 at 03:46 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupè
Originally Posted by AMGSC
What are you talking about? There is nothing unusual about my mods. They are all standard Kleemann S8 mods.

When Kleemann comes out with C63 SC kit like a stage 8, then I all in. I would not take a chance with these local guys.
Maybe you wound up with a Kleemann Stage 8 but you must admit it was a twisted (3 year) road getting there....

Last edited by NORTH 44 C63; 10-14-2008 at 04:56 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:53 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
Robert:

I did not start your job. I installed Kleemann parts on your car and tried to make it run with the problems that it had. The problems with your car are due to your previous decisions with HPS and Speed Innovations.

HPS, using Speed Inovations (SI)- which stole Powerchips software, tried to tune your car. They damaged two cylinders on your engine, fact that you were aware prior to me even touching it. Prior to that SI blew up an CL55 with HPS blower.

This is why car runs uneven. Against my advice you took the car to the dyno. 11:1 CR car running 91 CA gas at 170MPH with 20 MPH fan is going to detonate. Again I told you do not do this three times. I dynoed you car in 3rd using 100 Octane and huge fan to keep the car cool.

CEL is due to the Kleemann headers using HiFlow cats. I did not make the headers. Speak to Cory about their software to turn off the CEL. Last time I spoke to them they did not want to sell software to you.

I am not telling you anything knew. Since you picked up the car, you and I have had this conversation four times now. You even asked me for a quote to rebuild the engine.

All of your previous problems have been posted in C32 forum for the last three years.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...&highlight=hps

Every two month you come out and make the same post. Than we speak on the phone, you apologize and take of your post. Last time we spoke you asked to keep communications lines open and were going to come by for a free scan.

Now, you do not return calls and have decided to use me as a scape goat for your bad decisions.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Vadim,
I'm not going to argue with you publicly anymore. Just make sure you take care of Overbudget's car. That was the point of my posts here. I hope his car is delivered in perfect working order and on-time. Also PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, dyno the car in front of your customers. Schedule it after 3pm like Brad at Evosport does. If you had done that, then this whole dyno controversey between you and I would never have happened. There's no need to hide your results if you are confident of the outcome. Customers can say "Yup, I was there, they can even videotape it and post it proudly on this forum.

btw...I spoke to Cory and Brandon and they never told me they would not sell me their software. Let's just close this case and I wish you success with your C63 mods. Just make sure you take care of the CEL for all your customers when you sell them your VRP530 kit(header, Hi-Flow Cats and X Pipe exhaust and ECU tune. Also make sure they sign a waiver knowing that the VRP530 will completely void their warranty up front so they don't come back later and complain about the dealer denying coverage for any OEM problems.

So long all, until a C63 SC kit is proven....then I'll be back in a 2010 model and start modding all over again...

Last edited by AMGSC; 10-14-2008 at 11:41 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:29 AM
Banned

S600TT, R350
Thank you Robert.

My offer to scan your scan still stands.

Call or PM me.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Looks liek AMGSC just got owned. Just reread many of his posts and he certainly is a shady person. Vadim, from the looks of things is entirely free of fault here. I have followed VRP's rise to the top from the very beginning and this is the first time where they haven't done whats right. And, quite frankly, I don't buy it.

Vadim. I need to come by and give you the SL63 for some basic mods, but been too busy traveling and working in this ****ty economy.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:44 AM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Also make sure they sign a waiver knowing that the VRP530 will completely void their warranty up front so they don't come back later and complain about the dealer denying coverage for any OEM problems.
I've really tried not to say anything during all this....but you really must be retarded to actually think a tuner is going to have someone sign that kind of a waiver....it goes without saying that modifying will void your warranty (or large parts of it).
You really need to give it a rest, bro.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:38 AM

2009 MB C63 2007 MB ML63 2006 MB CLS 500 (wife)
Question It is 10/18.... Waiting for an update

Overbudget, what is going on with your car. I heard you were saying 10/17? Can't wait to see some results (especially after those arguments)
Old 10-18-2008, 11:00 AM

2009 C63 AMG
Long tube headers are made, but are being coated. The ECU is done, the airbox is done, and VR530 (filters, pulleys, thermostat relocation) is done.

The long tube headers will replace the shorty’s and the exhaust is being updated from 2.5” to 2.75” with secondary CAT's removed and X-Pipe installed. Everything is supposed to be done by mid-week and dyno’d and then I’ll have the car by the end of this next week.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupè
Yippie!!!
Old 10-18-2008, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
Well it's been a long wait, I think I would have gone crazy if I was you. I hope you the best and can't wait for the numbers and maybe a nice sounding, thunderous video would be the hammer!!
Old 10-18-2008, 12:24 PM

09 C63
Originally Posted by OverBudget
Long tube headers are made, but are being coated. The ECU is done, the airbox is done, and VR530 (filters, pulleys, thermostat relocation) is done.

The long tube headers will replace the shorty’s and the exhaust is being updated from 2.5” to 2.75” with secondary CAT's removed and X-Pipe installed. Everything is supposed to be done by mid-week and dyno’d and then I’ll have the car by the end of this next week.
PICS!?!?
Old 10-18-2008, 01:01 PM

STi

Just curious, why not just go with a 3" exhaust instead of 2.75"? Any reason for this - sound/noise?
Old 10-18-2008, 02:22 PM

2009 C63 Capri Blue
Originally Posted by bluert
Just curious, why not just go with a 3" exhaust instead of 2.75"? Any reason for this - sound/noise?
I was just about to type this exact same question.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:46 PM
Almost a Member!

Everything is supposed to be done by mid-week and dyno’d and then I’ll have the car by the end of this next week.
Do you have the car yet ?
Old 10-29-2008, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
E320CDI, CLK55, and a Smart
Update?
Old 10-29-2008, 07:09 PM

bike
Old 10-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Banned

S600TT, R350
Due to time constrains long tubes and exhaust development have been pushed back several weeks.

We have a local client here who is interested in using his C63 for development.

I will make a separate thread about all the parts and testing that was done.

Thank you everyone for your support and interest.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:15 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
After reading this whole thread..... OverBudget, sounds like you will have the fastest C-class in AZ for sure, It would be cool to see how you stack up vs some of the Dyno-Comp/RENNtech tuned C63's. IMO I would take it over to Dyno Comp for a few pulls on the Dyno Dynamics dyno. Also you are a very patient man, I could never go that long without my car.

AMGSC- I know were you are coming from. I feel AMGSC has some very valid points. This thread kinda got hijacked from a guy who is excited to share his modding journey with us all. Only to get turned into a public war. I'm sure VRP and AMGSC didnt wanted that. AMGSC i hope your car gets fixed and you are able to get things worked out with VRP.

OverBudget- When your car gets finished we should hit up a Bar and show off out AMG's. I would be honored to take a look at what is most likely going to be the fastest C63 around.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:29 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
OverBudget so were are you on this deal? Is the car done? Lets see it and dyno that puppy.

-Troy
Old 10-29-2008, 11:25 PM

2009 C63 AMG
ECU Tune done, Short tube headers done, Resonator and secondary CAT's removed, X-Pipe installed, Carbon Fiber Airbox, VR530 (pulleys, air filters, and thermostat relocation) all done.

448rwhp, 404torque.

We were developing long tube headers and bigger diameter exhaust when the exhaust fabricator got hurt and had to pull off. I was not willing to wait any longer, so I will finish the other items later.

The car screams.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:29 PM

04 CLK55, IWC CLS55 AMG(one of 55), 07 Honda CR-V 4WD
Originally Posted by Vadim @ VRP
Robert:

I did not start your job. I installed Kleemann parts on your car and tried to make it run with the problems that it had. The problems with your car are due to your previous decisions with HPS and Speed Innovations.

HPS, using Speed Inovations (SI)- which stole Powerchips software, tried to tune your car. They damaged two cylinders on your engine, fact that you were aware prior to me even touching it. Prior to that SI blew up an CL55 with HPS blower.

This is why car runs uneven. Against my advice you took the car to the dyno. 11:1 CR car running 91 CA gas at 170MPH with 20 MPH fan is going to detonate. Again I told you do not do this three times. I dynoed you car in 3rd using 100 Octane and huge fan to keep the car cool.

CEL is due to the Kleemann headers using HiFlow cats. I did not make the headers. Speak to Cory about their software to turn off the CEL. Last time I spoke to them they did not want to sell software to you.

I am not telling you anything knew. Since you picked up the car, you and I have had this conversation four times now. You even asked me for a quote to rebuild the engine.

All of your previous problems have been posted in C32 forum for the last three years.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...&highlight=hps

Every two month you come out and make the same post. Than we speak on the phone, you apologize and take of your post. Last time we spoke you asked to keep communications lines open and were going to come by for a free scan.

Now, you do not return calls and have decided to use me as a scape goat for your bad decisions.
Vadim,

I have had the same problem with Kleemann Headers and downpipe installations. I had to live with the CEL for the secondary O2 sensor error to be exact from March 2005 until March 2007. The problem was obvious as well. Cory and Brandon are also aware of this problem occured in W209 CLK55 in Boston. I was the first W209 CLK55 with the headers and downpitps. Since they could not erase the CEL light even after the ECU flash, I decide to fix it on my own. To jum to the conclusion, the problem is gone now. It is because the secondary O2 sensors, which were re-located in the back were not heated up quick enough to their working temperature. When I did my quad exhaust conversion using the CLK63 AMG parts, the CEL light was gone because the quad exhaust had the secondary cat, which my car did not have from the factory. Kleemann DK and USA are fully aware of this problem because I bug them day and night for a long time. So they made a cat for an additional charge to fix the problem. I think when you scan it, you should look into this PO141 or somethine like that as I think AMG SC is experiencing the same sort of problem from the kit.

AMG SC,

I am sorry that you are experiencing this agony from the kit. But I really think you should scan it from Vadim and give him the chance to correct it once again before you state this kind of dispute in this open forum. If the car did sit in the shop for months as you posted, then that is definitely VRP's fault for the irresponsible customer service. But what if the problem came from the kit you wanted to purchase? Not from Vadim? or VRP?

I think that you do tend to generalize your experience too much. Especially against tuners. For example, my paddles are working flawlessly and the local MB dealers and service managers were fascinated with the finish and the look of the shifters. And I do feel that it shifts faster than before. I think you just have a bad luck in tuning your Mercedes C55 AMG from the beginning. including HPS and other little gizmos you put on your car must have some side effects on your car's current state. You should also think about that.

The bigger problem is that you exagerate the facts to make people, especially it would work on newbies or people who know much about tuning their cars, concentrate on your side of story. Again, for example, you said it cost 3000 to replace your steering whell when the original steering wheel (excluding the airbag on ebay) cost only 1/5 of the price you quoted. You know well enough to know that you can get it cheap from the ebay.

By doing things like this, your represenatation in this forum gets worse after each time. Please dont do it this way.

I hope Vaim and AMG SC find the midlle ground and solve things peacefully.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Jlee,
I know you are not flaming but a CF steering wheel with built-in CF paddle shifters really do cost that much with installation. I don't buy imitation stuff on Ebay.

As for the CEL, Kleemann claims they can remove it with software but I'm waiting for the complete engine rebuild before I redo the ECU.

I went to track today and it was a blast. I had a vacuum leak and two f'd up cylinders and lost by a hair to a Chevelle SS at 12.3 in the 1/4. I'm going to ask Vadim what's up with that?

Last edited by AMGSC; 11-01-2008 at 08:32 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:39 AM

04 CLK55, IWC CLS55 AMG(one of 55), 07 Honda CR-V 4WD
Jlee,
I know you are not flaming but a CF steering wheel with built-in CF paddle shifters really do cost that much with installation. I don't buy imitation stuff on Ebay.

As for the CEL, Kleemann claims they can remove it with software but I'm waiting for the complete engine rebuild before I redo the ECU.

I went to track today and it was a blast. I had a vacuum leak and two f'd up cylinders and lost by a hair to a Chevelle SS at 12.3 in the 1/4. I'm going to ask Vadim what's up with that?
FYI, the steering wheel sold on ebay shop is genuine MB steering wheel.
I hope you can erase that annoying light from your speedometer.
If you know that your engine has a problem, you should not race with it.
Are you planning to blow up the engine?
Old 11-04-2008, 01:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JLee81
FYI, the steering wheel sold on ebay shop is genuine MB steering wheel.
I hope you can erase that annoying light from your speedometer.
If you know that your engine has a problem, you should not race with it.
Are you planning to blow up the engine?
Thanks for the advice. Maybe I am planning to blow the engine. I got 20 drags in 2 days at Califiornia Speedway over Sat and Sun. Some were hot laps near the end of the day and then drove home 30 miles away. a MB master tech and E55 modder (Serge) was at the track and verified that I had a lean condition but was kind enough to clear the CEL with his lap-top. He said it won't come back for a long while.

Two cylinders were also confirmed by him to be weak but I still managed to trap consistent 115.9 while fish-tailing everywhere. My 60' times were horrendous at 2.5 average. Should have used drag radials, spin tires to heat, ESP off and pre-torque at 2000rpm before launch. My 1/8 traps were 92-93s so that's not bad and comparable to max modded E55's out there (BenzoBoi, Vic55 and Blue-Monster).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My car is at VRP right now...