My car is at VRP right now...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 11:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Originally Posted by OverBudget
..I'll start a new thread when that happens, but it should be about a week...
Trust your drive home was a pleasant one.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Capri Blue
Results? I posted in your debadging thread too because I didn't see this one the first time.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:18 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Update

Vadim came out and picked up the car mid-day today so it is back at VRP tonight. They have dyno time scheduled most of Monday and they are going to tune, dyno, tune, dyno, etc. with the perfecting the ECU mod, as well as testing the airbox and possibly bigger exhaust.

Vadim said he will chronicle all the gains with each mod, as well as price once the development on my car is done. I will also do my own post with dyno sheet and impressions when done in a new thread.

I am not rushing them, as I want it done right, but I would expect that I will have the car back late next week.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Vadim came out and picked up the car mid-day today so it is back at VRP tonight. They have dyno time scheduled most of Monday and they are going to tune, dyno, tune, dyno, etc. with the perfecting the ECU mod, as well as testing the airbox and possibly bigger exhaust.

Vadim said he will chronicle all the gains with each mod, as well as price once the development on my car is done. I will also do my own post with dyno sheet and impressions when done in a new thread.

I am not rushing them, as I want it done right, but I would expect that I will have the car back late next week.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:04 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two weeks since your last update, any news ?
Old 10-03-2008, 08:14 AM

As listed in my sign
What is the price on this kit?
Old 10-03-2008, 09:43 AM

2009 C63 Capri Blue
Originally Posted by exiges
Two weeks since your last update, any news ?
I've just assumed it did not go well and didn't want to ask.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:05 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
It is actually going very well. We are doing some further upgrades to the car.

I will post details about what has been done, along with data later this week.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Vadim @ VRP

I saw this car yesterday @ PC/ VRP. It looks and sounds awesome
Old 10-03-2008, 03:43 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Hey Guys,

Yeah, I miss my baby. Vadim has had it more than me, but all is good!!! So, while I didn't originally expect for my car to take so long, we decided together that we would both help each other (them developing products on my car to market to the C63 industry, and me getting the best performance and service for my money for my help). Vadim is taking great care of me and he and I will detail all the mods (lots of them), when the car is done which will be by 10/17, right Vadim?
Old 10-03-2008, 04:38 PM

2009 C63 Capri Blue
Hey Guys,

Yeah, I miss my baby. Vadim has had it more than me, but all is good!!! So, while I didn't originally expect for my car to take so long, we decided together that we would both help each other (them developing products on my car to market to the C63 industry, and me getting the best performance and service for my money for my help). Vadim is taking great care of me and he and I will detail all the mods (lots of them), when the car is done which will be by 10/17, right Vadim?
10/17??? Holy ****...you could build a new car in 30 days. And I thought mine sitting in MB service for 4 days was painful.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by gravedgr
10/17??? Holy ****...you could build a new car in 30 days. And I thought mine sitting in MB service for 4 days was painful.

The wait time will be a critical deciding factor when I do my displacment conversion. VRP, Kleemann or possibly Brabus.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:44 AM

2002 ML55 AMG
Dropped it off this morning...

- Shorty headers
- Both primary and secondary CAT's being removed, with a cross pipe being installed
- VR530 (Underdrive pullies, HiFlow air filters, Phenolic Heat spacers and Intake temperature relocating harness)
- ECU Tune and speed limiter removal

The car will be dyno tested on Wednesday morning after everything is installed. I am told they are predicting 570 flywheel hp and 475 rwhp.

Will post dyno sheet once I drive back from SoCal to Scottsdale...
OverBudget.. If u don't get 570 hp will u get your money back? I read about AMGSC problem with fake charts. I know I dont want to get screwed if i pay 10k for some parts. Good luck!
Old 10-08-2008, 12:45 AM

2002 ML55 AMG
Originally Posted by AMGSC

The wait time will be a critical deciding factor when I do my displacment conversion. VRP, Kleemann or possibly Brabus.
Have you tried Ebay or Craiglist for a used motor?
Old 10-08-2008, 01:17 AM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by Vadim @ VRP

Vadim - Can u guys take the TCU program from a C63 and install it in my car ?
Old 10-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Originally Posted by BalboaIslanddud
OverBudget.. If u don't get 570 hp will u get your money back? I read about AMGSC problem with fake charts. I know I dont want to get screwed if i pay 10k for some parts. Good luck!
Man, you really need to slow it down and do some real research, not just that other single thread by AMGSC. AMGSC has a long and scetchy past with his ride. He has gone against every well-intentioned pieces of advise and created every problem with that car (best I can tell). Search the posts by AMGSC, not just recent post about VRP.

You need to understand that Vadim is a longtime member and respected spnsor of this fourm. He has a stellar reputation for being honest, helpful and thorough. By coming here and smearing his good name in less than 7 posts is really jacked up.

As per another of your posts, yes, you should take your vehicle to Grand Prix. I see no reason why Vadim would risk taking you as client after what you have said about him already.

edit: Sorry to those of you confused by this post. I was following BalboaIslanddud through a few threads before landing here. He was a bit tough on Vadim without having full knowledge. I just want him to understand the entire situation between VRP and some "other" forum members.

Last edited by ScottW911; 10-09-2008 at 05:27 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:35 PM

2009 C63 AMG
I don't think I'm saying anything I haven't already, but just to respond to the last few posts...

Vadim has been excellent through this whole process. I didn't expect to be a development car, but he has been MORE than fair through this process and I will be getting more items on my car than I originally expected for the price quoted. Will it be 570hp? Maybe. It might only be 550hp, but anything over 550hp for the wait and the deal makes this a worthwhile experience.

And for those that criticized how long this has taken... My delay is your gain. When he is done, he will have the ECU perfected, long tube and short tube headers developed, full exhaust system, as well as the stock VR530 package and carbon air box.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:59 PM

2008 C63
I don't think I'm saying anything I haven't already, but just to respond to the last few posts...

Vadim has been excellent through this whole process. I didn't expect to be a development car, but he has been MORE than fair through this process and I will be getting more items on my car than I originally expected for the price quoted. Will it be 570hp? Maybe. It might only be 550hp, but anything over 550hp for the wait and the deal makes this a worthwhile experience.

And for those that criticized how long this has taken... My delay is your gain. When he is done, he will have the ECU perfected, long tube and short tube headers developed, full exhaust system, as well as the stock VR530 package and carbon air box.
Can't wait to see the final result and hear the new pipes.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 236 Likes on 183 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Professionalism is such a scarcity these days it is staggering. Good luck with the car and kudos to VRP.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Almost a Member!

My delay is your gain.
I'm sorry, such level-headed pragmatism has no place on the internet.. leave now !

Old 10-11-2008, 02:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Only concern I have with VRP is that they are taking on so many NEW projects (i.e. VRP1000, VRP750, VRP5.7 bottom, 63 Supercharger, etc...) at the same time and I know they only have two guys working directly on all the cars in their Costa Mesa shop to the best of my latest knowledge. Expect a long wait....Just make sure your ride is not your DD. My car sat there for months at a time, rarely being worked on because they were too busy to get to it or was a lower priority than their other R&D projects. I had to call evey week to beg and plead to get them working on my car. I think they need to hire some more techs IMO. They've got great ideas and are on the cutting edge but sometimes it borders on the bleeding edge. Even Kleemann and Evosport are having a tough time cracking the AMG 63 ECU.

My only dissapointment with VRP or Vadim's software is that it still cannot turn off my check engine light after the long tube headers were installed at least a year ago. The car still idles uneven and quite lumpy at intersections at least 20%the time but accelerates like a beast. Go figure...

Finally, I asked to be present when VRP dyno'd my car. Instead they went ahead without me. I asked for repeat dyno and they put me on a long waiting list at Powertrain Dynamics and I had to pay for it although I already forked out thousands to Vadim in tunes and all the hardware. So I took it to an independent dyno shop in SD (JBA Performance) which he now claims was the cause for futher damage to 2 of my pistons due to loss of further compression. I paid for that compression test also. Then he told me to get my car the hell out of his shop after feeling insulted by my posts. So I did and that's where I am today only to be screwed again by these ****ty paddle shifters that cost me a new steering wheel.

What really sucks is that I'm driving around with no clue how the car is running when the CEL is always on. Don't know if it's the Cats, Lean, Rich, Timing, etc...I would have to be funded for a brand new motor in case the dyno pops the entire motor and that's what I'm waiting for come December when I get my company bonus.

Last edited by AMGSC; 10-11-2008 at 12:39 PM.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:56 AM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Even Kleemann and Evosport are having a tough time cracking the AMG 63 ECU.
Just to be PERFECTLY clear on this - Vadim/VRP use POWERCHIP software just like evosport. They do not have their own software. Also, what makes you think we are having a hard time with 63 software? Have you not seen the C63 dyno's or the CLK63 Black Series results?

(Sorry for the late night post, but my son and I are sick, and he is keeping me up! lol)

thanks
brad
Old 10-11-2008, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupè
Even Kleemann and Evosport are having a tough time cracking the AMG 63 ECU.l.
You been asleep for the last 2 months??

Kleemann introduced their VERY solid C63 ECU over 60 days ago and Brad and friends have recently been VERY successful working with their Powerchip C63 ECU
Old 10-11-2008, 10:34 AM

2009 C63 Capri Blue
Even Kleemann and Evosport are having a tough time cracking the AMG 63 ECU.
Originally Posted by otoupalik
Just to be PERFECTLY clear on this - Vadim/VRP use POWERCHIP software just like evosport. They do not have their own software. Also, what makes you think we are having a hard time with 63 software? Have you not seen the C63 dyno's or the CLK63 Black Series results?
Originally Posted by NORTH 44 C55
You been asleep for the last 2 months??
This guy seems to be one of the most clueless people on here.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by otoupalik

(Sorry for the late night post, but my son and I are sick, and he is keeping me up! lol)

thanks
brad
If that's the case, then why can't Vadim/VRP/POWERCHIP fix my check engine problem which first appeared immediately after he installled my headers, cats and cams? I've paid them over $30K in mods and they can't fix a simple CEL even if the Headers & Cats are from Kleemann. He insisted on using his own tune and I paid him the same amount as a Kleemann ECU. Maybe my car was being used by POWERCHIP as a test to develop an ECU tune for an aftermarket supercharger that VRP was planning on introducing on the NA 55 cars. Haven't you read about their attempts of introducing a Kenne Bell SC kit for the 55 which they are now planning to use for the NA 63?

Somehow I feel that my car was exploited and then abandoned. That's why I most likely will just pass this car to my son next year when he turns 16 this May and move on with a 2006 CL65 with a Kleemann or Renntech upgrade.

All I know is VRP tries a lot of bold and revolutionary ideas but timely and tested completion are seldom the case.

Last edited by AMGSC; 10-11-2008 at 12:12 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My car is at VRP right now...