Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My car is at VRP right now...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by NORTH 44 C55
You been asleep for the last 2 months??

Kleemann introduced their VERY solid C63 ECU over 60 days ago and Brad and friends have recently been VERY successful working with their Powerchip C63 ECU
Your right. I have not been keeping up with the latest C63 ECU developments. That's great news! If Kleemann or Renntech comes out with a TWIN-SCREW compressor for this C63 then I'll drop the modded CL65 idea.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by AMGSC
That's why I most likely will just pass this car to my son next year when he turns 16 this May.
Are you crazy?? He may be the most responsible kid on earth, but it sounds like you have 500HP crank and that doesn't mix well with a 16 y.o. Just my opinon.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Why would we want to have a car tuned by a shop without their own Dyno?

The Costa Mesa Powerchip/VRP shop's service delay can partially be attributed to the fact that they have to squeeze in Dyno time at Powertrain Dynamics in Huntington Beach.

Not only do they need more experienced, knowlegeable and well-paid techs but they need to invest in a dyno if you expect on-time delivery.

Last edited by AMGSC; 10-11-2008 at 12:54 PM.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bike
Only concern I have with VRP is that they are taking on so many NEW projects (i.e. VRP1000, VRP750, VRP5.7 bottom, 63 Supercharger, etc...) at the same time and I know they only have two guys working directly on all the cars in their Costa Mesa shop to the best of my latest knowledge. Expect a long wait....Just make sure your ride is not your DD. My car sat there for months at a time, rarely being worked on because they were too busy to get to it or was a lower priority than their other R&D projects. I had to call evey week to beg and plead to get them working on my car. I think they need to hire some more techs IMO. They've got great ideas and are on the cutting edge but sometimes it borders on the bleeding edge. Even Kleemann and Evosport are having a tough time cracking the AMG 63 ECU.

My only dissapointment with VRP or Vadim's software is that it still cannot turn off my check engine light after the long tube headers were installed at least a year ago. The car still idles uneven and quite lumpy at intersections at least 20%the time but accelerates like a beast. Go figure...

Finally, I asked to be present when VRP dyno'd my car. Instead they went ahead without me. I asked for repeat dyno and they put me on a long waiting list at Powertrain Dynamics and I had to pay for it although I already forked out thousands to Vadim in tunes and all the hardware. So I took it to an independent dyno shop in SD (JBA Performance) which he now claims was the cause for futher damage to 2 of my pistons due to loss of further compression. I paid for that compression test also. Then he told me to get my car the hell out of his shop after feeling insulted by my posts. So I did and that's where I am today only to be screwed again by these ****ty paddle shifters that cost me a new steering wheel.

What really sucks is that I'm driving around with no clue how the car is running when the CEL is always on. Don't know if it's the Cats, Lean, Rich, Timing, etc...I would have to be funded for a brand new motor in case the dyno pops the entire motor and that's what I'm waiting for come December when I get my company bonus.
DRAMABOMB

I would be pissed if they used my car as a development car without telling me. Seems to be common practice for these guys. Overbudget had the same fate...let's hope his results are better.

30k??? Wow...and the CEL still isn't turned off? That is complete

Even though I feel bad for you, I still think that if you mess with the car you've got to be ready to get burned. That's why I'm staying away from tuners until a rock solid tune is available with many positive reviews.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bigbodybeeenz
DRAMABOMB

I would be pissed if they used my car as a development car without telling me. Seems to be common practice for these guys. Overbudget had the same fate...let's hope his results are better.

Even though I feel bad for you, I still think that if you mess with the car you've got to be ready to get burned. That's why I'm staying away from tuners until a rock solid tune is available with many positive reviews.
That's right. Even with Powerchip co-located and sharing expertise with Vadim, they can't even turn off a secondary Cat CEL. Do you call that capable???? VRP is also offering a similar Header/Cat kit and are probably having the same problem with Overbudget's VRP530 package now. Kleemann ECU easily address this problem but I'm driving up there in December to redo the entire car.

Did I mention that they set the inside of my engine compartment on fire when they were plumbing the fuel lines for my SC kit. My firewalls are still scorched,ugly and I got a big silver tin-foil patch on my hood cover. Quite unsightly engine bay. My inner fendor covers fell off while driving after they installed my exhaust system and I'm still missing my original plugs that I told them to save. I can go on but there's no point anymore. VRP is good at concepts, R&D and product development but service is another issue. A warning to all. VRP prices and custom jobs are FANTASTIC compared to competitors and could lure you into making a decision you could regret.

Problem is alot of us who want to Mod our big motor MBs also want to save a few bucks by going with local rather than global MB tuners. We think well...The upgraded parts are the same (i.e. headers, throttle bodies, Airboxes, Cams) and the costs are much more reasonable than Renntech, Kleemann or Brabus. The problem is tying all the new parts together in tuning, timely service, support and warranty. That's were their price premium is well worth it. I learned my lesson from HPS, SI and now VRP

Last edited by AMGSC; 10-11-2008 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:34 PM

bike
That's right. Even with Powerchip co-located and sharing expertise with Vadim, they can't even turn off a secondary Cat CEL. Do you call that capable???? VRP is also offering a similar Header/Cat kit and are probably having the same problem with Overbudget's VRP530 package now. Kleemann ECU easily address this problem but I'm driving up there in December to redo the entire car.

Did I mention that they set the inside of my engine compartment on fire when they were plumbing the fuel lines for my SC kit. My firewalls are still scorched,ugly and I got a big silver tin-foil patch on my hood cover. Quite unsightly engine bay. My inner fendor covers fell off while driving after they installed my exhaust system and I'm still missing my original plugs that I told them to save. I can go on but there's no point anymore. VRP is good at concepts, R&D and product development but service is another issue. A warning to all. VRP prices and custom jobs are FANTASTIC compared to competitors and could lure you into making a decision you could regret.

Problem is alot of us who want to Mod our big motor MBs also want to save a few bucks by going with local rather than global MB tuners. We think well...The upgraded parts are the same (i.e. headers, throttle bodies, Airboxes, Cams) and the costs are much more reasonable than Renntech, Kleemann or Brabus. The problem is tying all the new parts together in tuning, timely service, support and warranty. That's were their price premium is well worth it. I learned my lesson from HPS, SI and now VRP
Thank you for posting this. Sounds like an absolute nightmare. Good luck to you and I hope you get it all figured out.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
Robert, you and I had this conversation five times now.

I have explained to you everything with regard to why and what is going with your car. I have made every effort to get your car fixed after you did not listen to my or anyone elses advice on what to do. I comped you numeorus labor hours and even picked up and dropped your car from and to your work.

I explained to you what to do and what not to do. Yet you did not want to hear my advice. Last time we spoke, you agreed to bring the car back three weeks ago so I could run the codes and see what is going with.

Now you have changed your mind again and instead have chosen to "bad-mouth" me on the forums.

I am not going to get drawn into going back forth on the forum. There are a lot of facts that you choose to ignore and distort to fit your story. They are not going to fix your car.

My offer still stands to scan it.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
Old 10-11-2008, 05:22 PM

2009 Black C63 AMG

Old 10-11-2008, 07:53 PM

STi
Originally Posted by bigbodybeeenz
DRAMABOMB

You sir are a very smart man.
This is to be expect for anyone wants to be a pioneer of something. Lots of headaches/$/time/needed patience..
Old 10-12-2008, 02:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Vadim @ VRP
Robert, you and I had this conversation five times now.

I have explained to you everything with regard to why and what is going with your car. I have made every effort to get your car fixed after you did not listen to my or anyone elses advice on what to do. I comped you numeorus labor hours and even picked up and dropped your car from and to your work.

I explained to you what to do and what not to do. Yet you did not want to hear my advice. Last time we spoke, you agreed to bring the car back three weeks ago so I could run the codes and see what is going with.

Now you have changed your mind again and instead have chosen to "bad-mouth" me on the forums.

I am not going to get drawn into going back forth on the forum. There are a lot of facts that you choose to ignore and distort to fit your story. They are not going to fix your car.

My offer still stands to scan it.
Vadim,
You certainly tried your best to make things work. But you must FINISH THE JOB you started or else you should NOT have ACCEPTED THE JOB to BEGIN with. Leaving me with a CEL on and not following through with having me witness your dyno of my car does not constitute COMPLETING A JOB.
I think it's ridiculous to make me a pay for every single dyno when I already paid you as much for your tuning as a Kleemann ECU program. I don't care if your shop does not have a Dynojet. In your business you should have one and not have to charge separate for dyno time!!! If you were'nt sure you could tune the Kleemann Headers and Cats why did you sell them to me and install them. These were brand new parts from Kleemann, not second-hand. I should have gotten a warranty from you. Instead you left me with no answers. Yes, you spent countless hours trying to tune my car but why? If you can't figure it out in a few days then replace it with a Kleemann tune since I paid for an ECU tune and I don't care whether it's yours or Kleemanns as long as it works!!! Cut your losses and deliver the ECU that I paid for instead of wasting months of both my time and yours. Do you have another motive for trying to tune it yourself? Perhaps needing a test mule for that aftermarket Kenne Bell SC kit you were researching for the NA 55 but now NA 63 motors?

The CEL could have caused the damage when I took it down to SD for that dyno rather than the small fans you claim JBA had. How would you know if JBA dyno facilities were inadequate. Were you there? How do you know if the AFR sensors were faulty? Were you there? The car was running 14.5 to 14.8 AFR before the operator aborted and refused another run. I've dyno'd my car at least 40+ times including (Evosport, Mechtech, Summit, House of Power,etc...) so I know what the setup, facilities, conditions and equipment needs to be. I have perhaps dyno'd more than any other forum member. The JBA operator owns an AMG himself so he knew something was wrong with the car and possibly your tune and refused to continue even refunding my money. If you want to clear your name. I suggest you finish the job you started and in a timely manner at no additional charge. I'm not asking for engine repair or upgrade. Just turn the damm CEL off for good!!!

Last edited by AMGSC; 10-12-2008 at 03:06 AM.
Old 10-12-2008, 12:33 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
Robert, I have offered you to do it in the past.

Call me.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:23 PM

e550 4m
I had a Nitrous Civic that had CEL light issues all the time, I just took a piece of electrical tape and never saw that light again.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:38 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
cut the wire.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:12 PM
Almost a Member!

My concern being the development car (especially when you didn't think you were going to be) is that by definition a development car is one that experiments are performed on.. since the outcomes good or bad are not yet established. Unless all changes work first time, you run the risk of having your vehicle damaged (in ways that may not be evident for some time)

OverBudget is a brave man indeed.. heck, I'd want to be paid for donating my car as a test vehicle, rather than paying for the privilege.

It'd be a cold day in hell before I'd let a tuner open my pride and joy without having doing several identical conversions beforehand.

Last edited by exiges; 10-13-2008 at 07:15 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Glock Guru
cut the wire.
Then what??? No CEL, therefore no warning if something is wrong?
Old 10-13-2008, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Vadim @ VRP
Robert, I have offered you to do it in the past.

Call me.
So you offered to "Scan my car". How generous of you. Then you'll tell me what's wrong and stick me with an unknown cost and unknown completion date. Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice, shame on me. Edit: I've been fooled more than once. Shame on me and all my brothers and sisters.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupè
So you offered to "Scan my car". How generous of you. Then you'll tell me what's wrong and stick me with an unknown cost and unknown completion date. Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice, shame on me. Edit: I've been fooled more than once. Shame on me and all my brothers and sisters.
Foolish Family (no slight on your Brothers or Sisters intended)

After following your posts for some time now (over a year) the common theme here seems to be " Blaming ones own inadequacies on others"

Please, give it a rest.......

Last edited by NORTH 44 C63; 10-13-2008 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Foolish Family (no slight on your Brothers or Sisters intended)

After following your posts for some time now (over a year) the common theme here seems to be " Blaming ones own inadequacies on others"

Please, give it a rest.......
What's the matter? Can't afford Kleemann or Renntech?
Old 10-13-2008, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

There you go again....If you had bothered to read any of my posts over the last 5 years you would know I have had both Kleemann and Renntech on more than 1 AMG and will have others going forward. You just keep flogging the same dead horse....

All I have to do is look at the myriad performance Mods you have installed(Some very worthy) and see that your coup de gras is the Sprint Booster. No wonder you have a CEL gremlin....

Last edited by NORTH 44 C63; 10-13-2008 at 09:33 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Robert,

What does anyone's ability to afford anything have to do with your decision making process? Does your money add one point to your IQ? Does it elevate you to a level that us mere mortals can only aspire to?

I, too, have read along for a year or two, as you have made a mockery of yourself, making ill advised decisions then blaming everyone else for the failure. You need to stop it.

The fact that you would consider giving your C55, no matter the output, to your soon to be 16 year old son says much about your judgment.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:22 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by ScottW911
Robert,

What does anyone's ability to afford anything have to do with your decision making process? Does your money add one point to your IQ? Does it elevate you to a level that us mere mortals can only aspire to?

I, too, have read along for a year or two, as you have made a mockery of yourself, making ill advised decisions then blaming everyone else for the failure. You need to stop it.

The fact that you would consider giving your C55, no matter the output, to your soon to be 16 year old son says much about your judgment.

+1
Old 10-14-2008, 01:05 AM

AMG C63
That's why I most likely will just pass this car to my son next year when he turns 16 this May.
This doesnt make me feel good about your IQ either. My son is 18 and I let him borrow the X5 for a job interview several months ago. We appear in court next monday to contest a 100mph ticket. And I thought he was VERY responsible. Your son wont take long to get injured in that AMG.
I hope someone is looking out for him.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

your coup de gras is the Sprint Booster. No wonder you have a CEL gremlin....
Dude, My CEL was F'kd long before the SB. In fact I don't even have it on now and drive 24-7 with that annoying light on. Car idles like ****. Feels like it's gonna die at any moment. Passengers always ask me what's wrong with my car and worry that they may be stranded with me on the road.

Please have all the facts straight before defending these tuners. I put my trust in Vadim and VRP and they let me down. If my car had problems beforehand, then he should not have taken on the job/project to do all those mods and tune it. And don't tell me he can't just reflash SI's ECU program. He could easily have started over instead of claiming he inherited a bunch of problems. I removed everything (HPS SC kit) and let him start over and the results were not much better.

Why don't you guys appreciate a little advice and just make sure you get the service you deserve if you forked out thousands like I have? All I'm asking businesses and merchants serving this market is to FINISH THE JOB and don't make your customers wait half-a-year before you get your car back incomplete. Make sure your customer is happy.

You guys don't get it. I'm fighting for all of us consumers to make them accountable. You will thank me when the service and quality on your mods improve because of people like me who speak out on behalf of us enthusiasts.

Last edited by AMGSC; 10-14-2008 at 03:17 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Please have all the facts straight before defending these tuners. I put my trust in Vadim and VRP and they let me down.
Not defending anyone. Just calling as I see it "Dude"

If it quacks like a duck............

My advice on "tuning" Hi Pro motors (you can take it or leave it)

Simple is Best. To just to keep throwing good money after a pipe dream of Super Power rarely comes to a good end.

Just my 2 cents......

Last edited by NORTH 44 C63; 10-14-2008 at 03:38 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My car is at VRP right now...