Sponsored by:

** Evosport Releases Power Pulley System for 63 AMG **

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 03:46 AM
PREMIER SPONSOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
** Evosport Releases Power Pulley System for 63 AMG **

Click below image or HERE for more information on this product...

Old 10-29-2008, 08:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe' '99' Audi A4 Avant Quattro 2.8 DD
That's pretty expensive for only 15 HP.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:35 AM

CLK 500(Gone), C63 FTW!
Originally Posted by dremorg
+2

well for me, that's pretty expensive
Old 10-30-2008, 09:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
M5 Jahre Edition S, KTM 1290R Super Duke ,C63 AMG 2011[Gone],A45 AMG 2013, MV Agusta 750 [2000]
Check out the following!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/757972.htm
Old 10-30-2008, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by 974AGK
Old 10-31-2008, 09:38 AM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
+1
Old 10-31-2008, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
Hmmm, 1k for this? I would say it's a bit overdone.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:16 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by AMGC60-3
Hmmm, 1k for this? I would say it's a bit overdone.
I am starting to see a pattern here.

BTW, does your pulley have a SFI Spec. certification?

http://www.sfifoundation.com/

Thanks

Last edited by Glock Guru; 11-01-2008 at 01:08 PM.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:59 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Glock Guru
I am starting to see a pattern here.

BTW, does your pulley have a SFI Spec. certification?

http://www.sfifoundation.com/

Thanks
Guess not.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:24 AM

RS4 B5-C63 amg-SL 63 amg
so expensive ...
Old 12-26-2008, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
C63
For 1k I can add 150Hp at the flip of a switch
15hp for 1k a bit overdone. Looks very nice thou
Old 02-03-2009, 04:01 PM

M5, C63, 335Ci
Can any board members that have had this mod installed comment on it? Noticeable improvement, etc?
Old 02-03-2009, 07:34 PM

Porsche 911 Carerra 4S
Originally Posted by qship5
Can any board members that have had this mod installed comment on it? Noticeable improvement, etc?
I think most of us thought that was too expensive!!! didn't worth it!!!
Old 02-03-2009, 07:56 PM

CLS55, C63, 997 Turbo
I drove a C63 the other day that had this pulley installed on it and I can honestly say that I absolutely felt an improvement in low and mid range power. If I recall, they've got up to 20hp from the mod, although they advertise 15. I think the quality of their products speak for themselves...I have all their pulleys on my CLS55 (several years and thousands of miles...zero problems). My wife has a C63 and I'm getting her the pulley, software and their new 2-piece rear rotors that were just released now that the car is broken in. Btw, I also got to drive a C63 with their software + pulley...holy $%^*^#@@!! A whole different car!

Someone commented the pulley is overdone. I don't think so. How can you overdo a quality fully dampened crank pulley? I want reliability and quality...I've seen some pretty questionable stuff out there from other tuners with the 55 which makes me think what people would go through to save a few bucks. I mean the +80hp on the software for under $2k definitely spoils you!! Haha...it's like the power I get from my 997TT. Unfortunately I've realized that on an NA car, it costs more to make power than on my 55 Kompressor...sucks, but that's reality. Also unfortunate that the Mercedes factory crank pulley is internally dampened and not solid which would make this part much less expensive. I guess everyone has their opinion. The airbox makes less hp and costs more. So to me, this pulley is worth it, plus I get my peace of mind. Maybe someone can do a group buy on the evosport pulley
Old 02-03-2009, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by blair_mbz
I drove a C63 the other day that had this pulley installed on it and I can honestly say that I absolutely felt an improvement in low and mid range power. If I recall, they've got up to 20hp from the mod, although they advertise 15. I think the quality of their products speak for themselves...I have all their pulleys on my CLS55 (several years and thousands of miles...zero problems). My wife has a C63 and I'm getting her the pulley, software and their new 2-piece rear rotors that were just released now that the car is broken in. Btw, I also got to drive a C63 with their software + pulley...holy $%^*^#@@!! A whole different car!

Someone commented the pulley is overdone. I don't think so. How can you overdo a quality fully dampened crank pulley? I want reliability and quality...I've seen some pretty questionable stuff out there from other tuners with the 55 which makes me think what people would go through to save a few bucks. I mean the +80hp on the software for under $2k definitely spoils you!! Haha...it's like the power I get from my 997TT. Unfortunately I've realized that on an NA car, it costs more to make power than on my 55 Kompressor...sucks, but that's reality. Also unfortunate that the Mercedes factory crank pulley is internally dampened and not solid which would make this part much less expensive. I guess everyone has their opinion. The airbox makes less hp and costs more. So to me, this pulley is worth it, plus I get my peace of mind. Maybe someone can do a group buy on the evosport pulley
So u've driven a C63 with the EVOSPORT software ECU upgrade? I've been thinking about getting it but I just didn't want to get it with all the previous problems it came with. Did the owner of the car you drove experience any problems with the tune? And btw you're desribing it, it made a hell of a difference huh?
Old 02-03-2009, 11:04 PM

CLS55, C63, 997 Turbo
So u've driven a C63 with the EVOSPORT software ECU upgrade?
Oh yeah, and I'm so glad I did. All I can say is shame on Mercedes for robbing that car of the power it deserves. The software transforms the car into something that's just outright monstrous! I couldn't wipe the smile off my face for hours. I've been anxiously waiting for a good excuse to get the car away from my wife's hands to get all the things done at the same time. I have to say after my Auto Club and CHP 11-99 membership, it will probably be the best bang I get for my money.

I've been thinking about getting it but I just didn't want to get it with all the previous problems it came with.
Let me tell you something I've learned on these forums over the past few years. And this is one of the reasons I hardly post but I read a lot. Do your homework. Forums are a cess pool for negativitiy...a channel for people to post their griefs and sorrows. Sometimes they are justified. But from my homework, there were check engine lights on a couple very early dev cars that have long since been resolved. And one car accidentally got an old flash during the transition, which didn't make power. Since then I've talked to 3-4 people with the flash local to me that haven't had any issues, no check engine lights and they are all more than happy with the results. The only complaint I heard was they couldn't stop themselves from spinning tires..lol. If it's one thing I've learned with these guys is that they stand behind their products 110%. And correct me if I'm wrong but the the software has a 14-day money-back guarantee, so it's a pretty easy decision for me.

Did the owner of the car you drove experience any problems with the tune?
None. In fact, he said he's taken the car to the track a couple times (don't recall where) and no problems.

And btw you're desribing it, it made a hell of a difference huh?
I think you already know the answer to that question.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by blair_mbz
Oh yeah, and I'm so glad I did. All I can say is shame on Mercedes for robbing that car of the power it deserves. The software transforms the car into something that's just outright monstrous! I couldn't wipe the smile off my face for hours. I've been anxiously waiting for a good excuse to get the car away from my wife's hands to get all the things done at the same time. I have to say after my Auto Club and CHP 11-99 membership, it will probably be the best bang I get for my money.

Let me tell you something I've learned on these forums over the past few years. And this is one of the reasons I hardly post but I read a lot. Do your homework. Forums are a cess pool for negativitiy...a channel for people to post their griefs and sorrows. Sometimes they are justified. But from my homework, there were check engine lights on a couple very early dev cars that have long since been resolved. And one car accidentally got an old flash during the transition, which didn't make power. Since then I've talked to 3-4 people with the flash local to me that haven't had any issues, no check engine lights and they are all more than happy with the results. The only complaint I heard was they couldn't stop themselves from spinning tires..lol. If it's one thing I've learned with these guys is that they stand behind their products 110%. And correct me if I'm wrong but the the software has a 14-day money-back guarantee, so it's a pretty easy decision for me.

None. In fact, he said he's taken the car to the track a couple times (don't recall where) and no problems.

I think you already know the answer to that question.
Thanx for your input blair mbz...I really appreciate it.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
I have it installed . There may be a issue that needs attention. I will keep you all updated as soon as my shop does some testing..
Old 02-05-2009, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
I have it installed . There may be a issue that needs attention. I will keep you all updated as soon as my shop does some testing..
Rick, PM me with the issues you are suspecting.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:00 PM

none
Thumbs up Power pulley feedback

I got the pulley installed this fall, and in the 6000 miles since haven't noticed anything bad except all the tires I go through. I'm almost done with my third set of rears already! (I do a lot of burnouts...) I wish I could comment on the pulley as a standalone item, but I got it and the airboxes done at the same time, and as a combination I noticed a big seat-of-the-pants performance improvement. My car also has the Powerchip/evosport ECU remap, which was done a couple thousand miles earlier. The car feels and acts completely normal, as though it was a ginormous power factory car. There's no abruptness in the power delivery, no weird noises from under the hood, nothing to indicate it's not stock, except that I have to pu55yfoot away from every stop to save the tires because there's sooo much power. Funny story... I was driving to work the other day on the 105, and I was hard on the gas at 110mph (in ESP sport) and the tires broke loose over an expansion gap to the point of the traction control intervening. OMFG! Do you have any idea how much power it takes to do that? I do: At least 455 at the wheels, according to the evosport dyno.

Anyway, back to the pulley... As far as it being expensive or overdone, I don't think it's either. I like things done right that don't break and don't look out of place, and I'm willing to pay more for that. If I wanted cheap or poorly done, there are plenty of places for that, and I wouldn't have bought a Mercedes in the first place. I know what quality costs, and that's why I went with evosport hardware. Another thing I really like is that when I open the hood of my car, it looks untouched. The people at my stealership will have no idea how seriously it's been rubbed on if I need any warranty work done to it.

In the interest of full disclosure, I now work at evosport as a fabricator, but I had all my mods done well before I started working there and paid full price for them. I stand behind my comments 100% as a retail customer, not an employee. In fact, the way they treat their customers and the quality of the products are two main reasons I applied for the job in the first place.

Well, that's my three cents worth.

Josh

Last edited by C63 Guy; 02-07-2009 at 08:17 PM. Reason: I can't aspell nogood and a likea de smilies.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:56 PM

335i e90 / C63 / R6
any dyno graph on this product.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
FYI, ///0063 is someone at RENNTech posting under an alias. IP Matched.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Originally Posted by otoupalik
FYI, ///0063 is someone at RENNTech posting under an alias. IP Matched.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Here is a run to look at:

thanks
Brad
Old 02-25-2009, 08:43 AM

M5, C63, 335Ci
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
Did you ever determine the issue and cause?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ** Evosport Releases Power Pulley System for 63 AMG **