C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My experience tonight / Now I want to go to a track...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 10:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG
My experience tonight / Now I want to go to a track...

So since I've got my mods, I haven't really had any good place to really see what it will do. I guess I'm a big chicken in regards to cops - given they are everywhere including photo radar in Scottsdale.

I've done a few 0 to 80 blasts, but tonight on the way home from the athletic club, I was approaching the turn to my house and I decided to see how fast I could go around the corner (without getting too crazy)... This is a 5-10 mph turn typically... I took it about 40mph and then gunned it and the power was so frickin' crazy, I actually scared myself a tiny bit. I didn't lose control, but I could see how you could. I then had to brake pretty hard to make the next turn into my neighborhood and it was pretty cool not only how fast it braked, but hearing the aggressive downshifts...

I've seen videos of people tracking the car, but I guess you don't appreciate what these cars are really capable of (especially with 90 extra hp). I would love to have a day getting taught by a professional on a track to really get comfortable driving the car aggressively...
Old 11-05-2008, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
with your set up you must have reallyt woken up the neighbours!
Old 11-05-2008, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R8
That sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy your ride!
Old 11-05-2008, 11:36 PM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Originally Posted by OverBudget
So since I've got my mods, I haven't really had any good place to really see what it will do. I guess I'm a big chicken in regards to cops - given they are everywhere including photo radar in Scottsdale.

I've done a few 0 to 80 blasts, but tonight on the way home from the athletic club, I was approaching the turn to my house and I decided to see how fast I could go around the corner (without getting too crazy)... This is a 5-10 mph turn typically... I took it about 40mph and then gunned it and the power was so frickin' crazy, I actually scared myself a tiny bit. I didn't lose control, but I could see how you could. I then had to brake pretty hard to make the next turn into my neighborhood and it was pretty cool not only how fast it braked, but hearing the aggressive downshifts...

I've seen videos of people tracking the car, but I guess you don't appreciate what these cars are really capable of (especially with 90 extra hp). I would love to have a day getting taught by a professional on a track to really get comfortable driving the car aggressively...
Please post a video of your car! I would love to hear it!
Old 11-05-2008, 11:50 PM

AMG C63
Did you have your suspension done?
Old 11-06-2008, 12:29 AM

2017 C63S Coupe, 2015 Range Rover Sport
Originally Posted by OverBudget
I would love to have a day getting taught by a professional on a track to really get comfortable driving the car aggressively...
I was thinking the same thing - we should look into one of the local driving schools.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:34 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
uh oh, and here's now the addiction begins.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:17 AM

2015 GLA45 AMG, 2012 C63 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by kdoyle
I was thinking the same thing - we should look into one of the local driving schools.
Here in South Africa, if you purchase a brand new AMG, you get a free advanced driving course on a track. Proffessional drivers take you through all types of courses, like skid pan, driving with ESP completely off, sharp braking, etc...

Going for my course on 27th November. Cannot wait.

Oh, oh, best part is, you get to abuse their own cars around the track