2009 ZR1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Ape

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 TL; 2004 S2000; 2009 C63; 2009 ML350
2009 ZR1

I was out today with a friend who is shopping for a truck. We stopped at a Chevy dealer and they has just received a ZR1 in yesterday. The thing was awesome looking, much more aggressive then the Z06s they had there. They had it roped off in the showroom with the price tag reading $118,XXX MSRP and a "market adjust" price of $178,000; a $60,000 mark up!!
I offered them $65,000 cash to take it off their hands today, sighting that GM will be out of business in the next 3 weeks and I was doing them a favor by getting it out of their inventory. For some reason they did not accept my offer, but I had to try.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:21 PM

With an offer like that I'm surprised they didn't politley ask you to leave.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:40 PM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Originally Posted by Ape
I was out today with a friend who is shopping for a truck. We stopped at a Chevy dealer and they has just received a ZR1 in yesterday. The thing was awesome looking, much more aggressive then the Z06s they had there. They had it roped off in the showroom with the price tag reading $118,XXX MSRP and a "market adjust" price of $178,000; a $60,000 mark up!!
I offered them $65,000 cash to take it off their hands today, sighting that GM will be out of business in the next 3 weeks and I was doing them a favor by getting it out of their inventory. For some reason they did not accept my offer, but I had to try.
Ehhh it's worth a try
Old 11-22-2008, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupè
My neighbor just picked one up from our local GM dealer in Georgetown. Blk on Blk for just over $145K CAD. There were 2 identical cars on the lot. Quite the car......

Last edited by NORTH 44 C63; 11-22-2008 at 08:13 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:25 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
I drove my friends pewter (fully loaded) 09 ZR1 last week. That is one frickin fast ride. I could hardly keep up with the gear shifts.. I would say it is an easy low, low 10 second ride from a roll. Fit anf finish has come a long way on the ZR1 over past vettes..

The price will hold up on the 1000 or so being built. There are way more golden parachutes out there than that

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 11-22-2008, 10:03 PM

AMG C63
$60K markup in this economy aint going to happen. Again this brings up the problem you have with a high performance Caddy or Corvette or GT-R! You gonna trust your $120K car with Mr Goodwrench? they have to call corporate to see if they can do an oil change. You going to trust your GT-R that barely runs well now with mr Nissan guy who just graduated from the internet school of drawing and auto mechanics?
Old 11-22-2008, 10:49 PM

SL55, Jeep SRT-8, CLS550
If you're driving the GT-R they'll just void the warranty if you have an issue anyway. Kinda sad.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:41 PM

AMG C63 S
I was just readin' about the ZR1 on edmunds.com Inside Line... pretty funny:

"One problem is that the 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 just doesn't feel special inside. Sure, the dash and doors are dressed up with leather, and they do look better than the standard Corvette's pieces. But the seats and steering wheel are the same pieces you'll find in a base Vette. And for nearly $120 grand that's not OK.

Even worse, those seats, all flabby and soft, are like sitting on Rosie O'Donnell's lap, which might be fun since she doesn't make 638 horsepower — at least when her mouth is shut. But it's distinctly not fun in the ZR1. Then there's the noodly-*** lever for the seatback adjustment that twists and flexes like a Twizzler every time we move the seatback. Seriously, this stuff is embarrassing in a $30,000 car and very much out of place in a car this special."

Familiar complaints???
Old 11-22-2008, 11:46 PM

AMG C63
Good find Scar!! when I drove that 06 C6 a couple weeks ago, I was APAULed at the interior. Shockingly bad and we talk about our car?
I am amazed at the cheapness of the Corvette and it seems like an easy fix. Fix the interior and then they have a world class car. But NO let it stay cheap and look cheap!!
Old 11-23-2008, 01:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
i know a owner of a nissan dealership, he toled me they,

we have to send someone out to get trained to work on does car. he also toled me that any lil thing you do will void your warranty. then he toled me putting the car in full race mode will void it also.

they were selling them for 110,000 usd they sold 4 at that price now he has 5 2010 models coming in that he will sell at 95.000 usd b/c of the time we in.

i said to him why dont you have one. he said i only drive amg. he has a sl63. and a cl63.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:15 AM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Originally Posted by paulGT3
Good find Scar!! when I drove that 06 C6 a couple weeks ago, I was APAULed at the interior. Shockingly bad and we talk about our car?
I am amazed at the cheapness of the Corvette and it seems like an easy fix. Fix the interior and then they have a world class car. But NO let it stay cheap and look cheap!!

I would have the Senate fire all the top 3 CEOs of the car industry just for the crappy interior quality they give their cars! Especially when it gets to a car like ZR1!!! It could totally be a world class car and bring glory and fame for the US economy, but why would Mr. douche bag understand that?
Old 11-23-2008, 04:48 AM

C63
Originally Posted by mthis
i know a owner of a nissan dealership, he toled me they,

we have to send someone out to get trained to work on does car. he also toled me that any lil thing you do will void your warranty. then he toled me putting the car in full race mode will void it also.

they were selling them for 110,000 usd they sold 4 at that price now he has 5 2010 models coming in that he will sell at 95.000 usd b/c of the time we in.

i said to him why dont you have one. he said i only drive amg. he has a sl63. and a cl63.
if you turn vdc off, then you void nissan's warranty, its ridiculous.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:30 AM
Ape

2004 TL; 2004 S2000; 2009 C63; 2009 ML350
Originally Posted by wuyichao
if you turn vdc off, then you void nissan's warranty, its ridiculous.
Is that even legal?? I would think if a car has a feature that the mfg put there and you use it, there is no way they can hold the customer responsible if it breaks. That is crazy if they are actually getting away with pulling warranties for issues like this.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:31 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Ape
Is that even legal?? I would think if a car has a feature that the mfg put there and you use it, there is no way they can hold the customer responsible if it breaks. That is crazy if they are actually getting away with pulling warranties for issues like this.
thats why i told my GTR enthusiast friends that its not a practical car.

there are a few GTR owners filed lawsuit against nissan usa, i dunno what the outcome is though.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
The owner's manual states that VDC should only be turned off for rocking the car out of snow and if it's used for any other purpose the transmission will wear excessively and damage wouldn't be covered. Nissan should have done a better job explaining that, and maybe even made each buyer sign a disclaimer stating that they understood this feature.

They should have made a VDC disable button a Mitsubishi logo so when you push it you are reminded that your JDM crapbox is about to break down faster than a DSM. I kid, I kid.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
14 E63S
It is definitely tough to beat the bang-for-the-buck the ZR1 offers but at the end of the day, it is still a chevy and, personally, after having major issues with 3 of the 4 corvettes I've owned, I hope to never be seduced by that bang-for-the-buck thing again. The '08 Z06 i just dumped was in the shop 3x in < 5k miles - oil cooler busted a leak at 1k miles (blew oil out the lower front grill and all over the top of the car), alternator failed at 3k miles, emissions issue at 4k miles. As a bonus, the rotors were toast (warped) at ~4500 miles. I took a major beating on the depreciation, like any ZR1 owner will, but i am super glad its gone.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:45 PM

C63 / ////AMG
Re: the GT-R

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=25514

"The singular thing people need to remember is that using launch control does not void the warranty - The warranty clause regarding the operation of the vehicle with VDC turned off states that Nissan will not cover damage or failures of otherwise covered components, IF it can be determined that the use of launch control led or contributed to the failure. The act of using launch control (which requires turning off the VDC) will not automatically void the vehicle warranty. Simply put, the warranty outlines that failures or damage resulting from things such as misuse, accidents, non-factory modifications, etc. are not covered under the factory warranty.

Further, the warranty states that VDC should only be turned off to help when rocking the vehicle when stuck in mud or snow.

Nissan will not void the entire warranty on any of our cars based on one specific issue of one specific component or system, however, a part or system won’t be covered under warranty if Nissan determines that the failure was as a result of misuse, modifications, etc. (as mentioned above)."
Old 11-23-2008, 03:40 PM

C63, Scuderia, 599, 16M, AEV Hemi Jeep, '57 Porsche Speedster, '55 300SL, SLS on order
Originally Posted by beemaze

"The singular thing people need to remember is that using launch control does not void the warranty - The warranty clause regarding the operation of the vehicle with VDC turned off states that Nissan will not cover damage or failures of otherwise covered components, IF it can be determined that the use of launch control led or contributed to the failure. The act of using launch control (which requires turning off the VDC) will not automatically void the vehicle warranty. Simply put, the warranty outlines that failures or damage resulting from things such as misuse, accidents, non-factory modifications, etc. are not covered under the factory warranty.

Further, the warranty states that VDC should only be turned off to help when rocking the vehicle when stuck in mud or snow.

Nissan will not void the entire warranty on any of our cars based on one specific issue of one specific component or system, however, a part or system won’t be covered under warranty if Nissan determines that the failure was as a result of misuse, modifications, etc. (as mentioned above)."
WOW - talk about obfuscating doublespeak BS.......
Old 11-23-2008, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by Deeroff
Exactly...and the onboard black box will tell them exactly what they want to know to void the warranty.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:04 PM

2008 C-300/ 19' maya MRS black wheels H@R Springs//powerchipped//Brabus Trunk spoiler//HID Fogs//
drove the Zr1

I just got back from pahrump Nevada where I am a member at spring mountain motorsports race club. They had about 10 Zr1's and also they had 3 new corvette C6r's which are unbelieveable. The zr1 is crazy fast and handles amazing, great car. Thought it was a good story to share cuz i literally just drove one
Old 11-23-2008, 06:20 PM

S500
Im in the detail business, cant wait to get one in, we get the c6's quite a bit, and the z06's everyonce in a while. But no ZR1 yet

I dont think it will depreciate as much as your traditional corvette, as prod. numbers will be low
Old 11-23-2008, 06:46 PM
passcheco

Originally Posted by beemaze

You know something just for the fact the you may have a problem with warranty is worth for not to buy it in the first place (Not that I would spend my money on a Nissan anyway) no offense.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:53 PM

C63 / ////AMG
Originally Posted by Timeless
Exactly...and the onboard black box will tell them exactly what they want to know to void the warranty.
True that.
That is part of Nissan's disclosure agreement.

That being said, although Mercedes-Benz does not use EDR's (black box), Chevrolet commonly does....
Old 11-23-2008, 06:55 PM

C63 / ////AMG
Originally Posted by Deeroff
Written by a lawyer nonetheless...thus necessitating a Class-Action lawsuit against Nissan.