Sponsored by:

2009 C63 vs. 2009 Cadillac CTS-V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STS-V, 700whp Evo
2009 C63 vs. 2009 Cadillac CTS-V

Ok. I would like to hear from the C63 owners whether or not they would make the same decision on getting the C63 rather than the new CTS-V. I am looking at the two cars and think I like the C63 a little more simply due to the german vs. american quality comparison. I have owned many german autos from the Audi s4 to the BMW M3 and currently drive a Cadillac STS-V. But Again, I would like to hear what you all would do? Thanks

Last edited by okix; 11-25-2008 at 11:15 AM.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:32 AM
Ape

2004 TL; 2004 S2000; 2009 C63; 2009 ML350
I guess I would need to drive a CTS-V before I could decide. My gut tells me that the MB is the better car, but Caddy has been making strides in the last few years where I would not rule it out completely.
My concern today is weather or not GM will be able to service and support their high performance cars with all of the problems they have in today’s market? Will a dealership invest in any special training or tools to support the car correctly? I don't know the answer to that, but it is something that would give me a moment of pause when considering any high performance GM offering right now.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:43 PM

AMG C63 S
I like the *concept* of the CTS-V. On paper it looks great. My actual experience/test-drive of a CTS-V though led me to the C63. Beyond that, I'll admit it... I got a lot of ribbing from my friends for even thinking about driving a Cadillac. I live in FL, and in FL, the Cadillac is Jerry Seinfeld's parents' car, ya know? I couldn't really have ever lived it down.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:04 PM

2007 Inifiniti G35
haha indeed. I'm a florida guy to, and wouldn't go cadillac until I live in del boca vista!
Old 11-25-2008, 01:11 PM

Since the Exces of the small three are very smart I am going to listen to them.

Nobody will buy a car from a bankrupt company... N-O-B-O-D-Y

As for the CTS-V... Hats of to Caddy (see above before making any choice)
Old 11-25-2008, 02:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
06 E55 Black
Originally Posted by ApproachingZero
Since the Exces of the small three are very smart I am going to listen to them.

Nobody will buy a car from a bankrupt company... N-O-B-O-D-Y

As for the CTS-V... Hats of to Caddy (see above before making any choice)
I think it's very likely the govt would backstop warranties, DIP financing, etc, whatever it takes to assuage buyer fears
Old 11-25-2008, 02:59 PM

2008 C63
Originally Posted by regor60
I think it's very likely the govt would backstop warranties, DIP financing, etc, whatever it takes to assuage buyer fears
Agreed. They will find away to utilze the 699,999,999,999.99 to protect the consumer.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
I think it is reasonable to cross shop the CTS-V given the price point but the V is a bigger car. It is more of an E-class or 5-series. I like smaller cars (M3/IS-F/C63) and would not have considered the V.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:46 PM

STS-V, 700whp Evo
One reason being torn is the performance of the new cts-v. No it might not have the engineering of the german car but you have to admit...the supercharged LS9 is one hell of a motor. The fact that I do drag race (not the cadillac) definitely turns some interest to the performance of the caddy.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:52 PM
Banned

The new CTS-V is way out of your league! The fact that you are actually mentioning the C63 and the V in the same league is asinine!

When the CTS-V is done with a lap at nurburgring.......your C63 is some 30 seconds behind!

Yeah, tough call on that one!
Old 11-25-2008, 09:31 PM

AMG C63
I decided to sell my C63 and buy a caddy. I was thinking about this last nite while knocking back some geritol. So I got up got my walker and went over and picked up last months Road and Track. It says that the Caddy is better than the BMW 5 series. After pudding Bingo yesterday at the Seniors Center I asked 5 of my closest buddies (well 4 of them heard me ,Freds hearing aid batteries were dead) and they all agreed the Caddy was better. Andy said "Hell yea!!! better than that damn kraut wagon you got!" Besides AARP is offering a discount if GM is still in business after Jan 1. on Cadillacs. My local Caddy dealer is offering free lube jobs on your walker and free pace maker batteries as long as you own your Cadillac.
Since I dont know anyone who OWNS a Caddy I called my cousin Enrique about his Escalade. He doesnt own one NOW but he did before he got busted for trafficing. The ATF confiscated it, but I called him at Folsom and he had fond memories of the Caddy. He said that there are more styles of spinners for Caddies than any other make. He said you can hide a kilo of all kinds of stuff in a caddy. Enrique said no other car lends it self to hydrualics as well as the Cadillac brand. SO
if thats the brand you want to display yourself in go ahead. I would get the Eldorado though. Just dont drive it near a naval base. F/A-18s have a tendency to want to land on you.
Seriously If you want a Corvette buy a Corvette. Thats all the CTS-v is,
is a caddy with a Corvette motor on it.

Last edited by paulGT3; 11-25-2008 at 09:34 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by paulGT3
I decided to sell my C63 and buy a caddy. I was thinking about this last nite while knocking back some geritol. So I got up got my walker and went over and picked up last months Road and Track. It says that the Caddy is better than the BMW 5 series. After pudding Bingo yesterday at the Seniors Center I asked 5 of my closest buddies (well 4 of them heard me ,Freds hearing aid batteries were dead) and they all agreed the Caddy was better. Andy said "Hell yea!!! better than that damn kraut wagon you got!" Besides AARP is offering a discount if GM is still in business after Jan 1. on Cadillacs. My local Caddy dealer is offering free lube jobs on your walker and free pace maker batteries as long as you own your Cadillac.
Since I dont know anyone who OWNS a Caddy I called my cousin Enrique about his Escalade. He doesnt own one NOW but he did before he got busted for trafficing. The ATF confiscated it, but I called him at Folsom and he had fond memories of the Caddy. He said that there are more styles of spinners for Caddies than any other make. He said you can hide a kilo of all kinds of stuff in a caddy. Enrique said no other car lends it self to hydrualics as well as the Cadillac brand. SO
if thats the brand you want to display yourself in go ahead. I would get the Eldorado though. Just dont drive it near a naval base. F/A-18s have a tendency to want to land on you.

I agree.....a Caddy that is 30 seconds quicker around nurburgring than your AMG and my IS-F....any way you slice it, that's the mustard brother!
Old 11-25-2008, 10:04 PM

C63
omg, this topic has been discussed several times already.

completely different league. There is no comparison between these 2 cars.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:57 AM

STS-V, 700whp Evo
I suppose I did ask this on a bias message board. Just didnt expect to get quite the arrogance. Very curious as to why you think the CTS-V is out of my league? As for the preceived image of cadillac drivers.....I could give a rats ***. Obviously, unlike a few on this board that need the image of their car to boost thier own self image. I personally like the looks of both the new CTS-V and the C-63 and was just looking for feedback from some C63 owners who might have considered both.

and if u think there is no comparison between the two cars, please elaborate....Im all ears. I dont own either of the cars so im actually unbias toward both.

Last edited by okix; 11-26-2008 at 10:01 AM.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 ///AMG
I think I would have to debadge the car totally if I got a CTS-V...do whatever I can to hide the old man car.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
LOL @ Paul's story. Agreed.......discussed many times over. But you can't beat the performance for the money, just like a Vette.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:02 PM
passcheco

Paul please tells us how you feel about the new CTS-V please
Old 11-26-2008, 02:08 PM

AMG C63 S
I don't think I have ever laughed so much reading something on the Internet before. Thanks.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by 8speeed
The new CTS-V is way out of your league! The fact that you are actually mentioning the C63 and the V in the same league is asinine!

When the CTS-V is done with a lap at nurburgring.......your C63 is some 30 seconds behind!

Yeah, tough call on that one!
Both cars have about the same 0-60 and price point, how is that not in the same league?

edit: I'm also reading the 1/4 mile is around 12.3-12.5

Last edited by clkwork; 11-26-2008 at 02:18 PM.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:11 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
1987 Buick GNX,SL65 Black, 1987 Buick Turbo Limited, 2010 GT500
Cadillac hands down....no comparison....

The Caddy is a wonder mod car and has a vast amount of tech built into it.... the car's look is great for a wheel and lowering set up .... done right it will look wicked and bury anything out there.... and at $65k.... you get a carbon fiber interior and 2 piece rotors .....kick as car.......
Old 11-26-2008, 02:42 PM

1995 E 420
or just buy the SL63 if thats what you want. Thats all the c63 is, a C class with the SL63 motor in it..
Old 11-26-2008, 02:45 PM

C63
Originally Posted by vmspionage
Both cars have about the same 0-60 and price point, how is that not in the same league?

edit: I'm also reading the 1/4 mile is around 12.3-12.5
sorry, I dont want to list all numbers and physics.

but C63 will not be able to catch up with a CTS-V, period. believe it or not, its up to you
Old 11-26-2008, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by wuyichao
sorry, I dont want to list all numbers and physics.

but C63 will not be able to catch up with a CTS-V, period. believe it or not, its up to you
I'm not too sure about what "numbers and physics" you think are involved in the 1/4 mile and 0-60 but the facts are the real world times are similar.

from dragtimes.com:
stock 2009 CTS-V 1/4 Mile ET: 12.310
stock 2008 C63 1/4 Mile ET: 12.510

I never said anything about the Nurburgring. If you want to do that buy a GT-R.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:56 PM

C63
Originally Posted by vmspionage
I'm not too sure about what "numbers and physics" you think are involved in the 1/4 mile and 0-60 but the facts are the real world times are similar.

from dragtimes.com:
stock 2009 CTS-V 1/4 Mile ET: 12.310
stock 2008 C63 1/4 Mile ET: 12.510

I never said anything about the Nurburgring. If you want to do that buy a GT-R.

when did i ever mention the ring?

if you think a c63 has the same performance or even better performance than a CTS-V on the road, drag, track,

im fine with it, i dont care.

I would still prefer my c63 over ANY American performance car.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by wuyichao

when did i ever mention the ring?

if you think a c63 has the same performance or even better performance than a CTS-V on the road, drag, track,

im fine with it, i dont care.

I would still prefer my c63 over ANY American performance car.
I'm just trying to figure out this misconception that the 09 CTS-V is faster than Schumacher's F1 Ferrari. The numbers don't lie- the times are similar. My original point is that both cars are in the same league meaning they have compatible performance characteristics. The blanket statement a "C63 will not be able to catch up with a CTS-V, period" is simply untrue - the times are close enough to be a driver's race on the track or on the drag strip.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2009 C63 vs. 2009 Cadillac CTS-V