Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C63 AMG
Tires

HI all,

guys need some help because the streets in saudi are very slipery so changed form the Advan sport to PS2's but the car still skids alot cant get proper sccelaration so im thinkin of some semi-slicks but the prob is that the street surface is always hot so i think they become greasy the car has the LSD what tire should i use ???

thanks in advance.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupè
Originally Posted by 6.3CAMG
HI all,

guys need some help because the streets in saudi are very slipery so changed form the Advan sport to PS2's but the car still skids alot cant get proper sccelaration so im thinkin of some semi-slicks but the prob is that the street surface is always hot so i think they become greasy the car has the LSD what tire should i use ???

thanks in advance.
PS2's are Great in the wet. What inflation pressure you using??
Old 12-09-2008, 02:58 AM
Almost a Member!

Mercedes C63 AMG
well actually im not looking for grip on the wet it doesnt rain much so im looking for dry grip the presure im using is the original

thanks
Old 12-09-2008, 03:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
If you read the current issue of the British magazine "CAR", in which they select their annual Performance Car of the Year, their description of the C63 is quite telling: "the car just lacks grip overall!"

You've got PS2s on there already...I don't think there's another street tire that's significantly (or even minutely) better in terms of grip. The real trick seems to be throttle control more than anything else. Failing that, I do believe Bridgestone has some killer new tires coming out next year. Might want to look into those.

Hmmm...even the current Bridgestone RE-01R is already getting rave reviews.

Last edited by SebringSilver; 12-09-2008 at 03:38 AM.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:16 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
07 C63, 23 G63
Advan Neova AD07s, and AD08s when they release in Q2 next year. I've had the chance to drive on the AD08s already during the Yokohama release event, and they are AMAZING on the C63.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:21 PM

Porsche GT3
You should go with an R compound like a Michelin sprort cup or Toyo RA1. They are both great tires that I have driven on the street and the track. Big difference in grip from a non r compound.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:03 PM
prg

08 C63
Originally Posted by Earlyapex
You should go with an R compound like a Michelin sprort cup or Toyo RA1. They are both great tires that I have driven on the street and the track. Big difference in grip from a non r compound.
Be forewarned that the Pilot Sport cups have very little tread depth to begin with. With a little vigorous use, you will be driving on essentially a slick. Probably not a problem for the original poster in Saudi Arabia, but it makes for some pretty exciting motoring in the rain. I used Pilot Sport cups on a porsche I used to track. Had a few "exhilirating" moments driving home in the rain from the track.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SebringSilver
If you read the current issue of the British magazine "CAR", in which they select their annual Performance Car of the Year, their description of the C63 is quite telling: "the car just lacks grip overall!"

You've got PS2s on there already...I don't think there's another street tire that's significantly (or even minutely) better in terms of grip. The real trick seems to be throttle control more than anything else. Failing that, I do believe Bridgestone has some killer new tires coming out next year. Might want to look into those.

Hmmm...even the current Bridgestone RE-01R is already getting rave reviews.
I prefer the Pzero over the PS2
Old 12-14-2008, 11:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a durr
Get some hoosiers! Grips like no tomorrow.