Sponsored by:

Blackberry Bold

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 C63
Blackberry Bold

I have paired the my new Blackberry bold with the C63 but can't transfer the address book, complains about the object push profile. has anyone found a way? I tried the pcmia with SD card but it did not recognize the contacts when saved as outlook contacts or csv

any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
I'm sure there is an easier way but I had to open each contact in Outlook and save it to my CF card as a vcard file. The COMAND unit will recognize vcards. Using a PCMCIA CF adapter I uploaded my address book successfully. Yes, my way definitely sucks. Oh well.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
I was able to send my entire address book from my BlackBerry Pearl (over 1,000 contacts) to my car via Bluetooth in one go.

Shouldn't be that difficult.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
I was able to send my entire address book from my BlackBerry Pearl (over 1,000 contacts) to my car via Bluetooth in one go.

I agree. COMAND doesn't support that function for the iPhone unfortunately nor did it support it for my old 8525 which also had my address book.

Now, the iPhone does work flawlessly in terms of Bluetooth calling/receiving.

Is there an option on the Blackberry to push the address book or did it just sync up without even trying?
Old 01-16-2009, 05:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
I imported my contact via PCMCIA slot using vCards. Imported them instantly. Maybe you should re-export the vCards in a newer version?
Old 01-16-2009, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Originally Posted by norb
I imported my contact via PCMCIA slot using vCards. Imported them instantly. Maybe you should re-export the vCards in a newer version?
Were you able to export your whole address book en masse via Outlook? How did you do it?
Old 01-16-2009, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by GBlansten
I agree. COMAND doesn't support that function for the iPhone unfortunately nor did it support it for my old 8525 which also had my address book.

Now, the iPhone does work flawlessly in terms of Bluetooth calling/receiving.

Is there an option on the Blackberry to push the address book or did it just sync up without even trying?
It doesn't sync it automatically, unfortunately, which also means that each time you update your contacts list in your phone, you'll have to update that to your car's phone book as well.

It's a chore, I agree.

No other car I've ever had made me do that in order to sync the phone list. It's a little bit puzzling why MB wants us to do it this way.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:34 PM

09 C63
Originally Posted by SebringSilver

i tried the option to transfer the address book and it replied with the set up Object Push error. this is 3g on at&t.

i tried the vcard approach and it worked.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:35 PM

09 C63
I'm sure there is an easier way but I had to open each contact in Outlook and save it to my CF card as a vcard file. The COMAND unit will recognize vcards. Using a PCMCIA CF adapter I uploaded my address book successfully. Yes, my way definitely sucks. Oh well.
thank you this worked like a charm, not ideal but way less tedious than entering the data manually.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Originally Posted by tgibrit
thank you this worked like a charm, not ideal but way less tedious than entering the data manually.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:02 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Not sure what gives? My '09 C63 does not sync my iPhone contacts (1,000+) via bluetooth and yet my wife's '09 ML350 syncs my iPhone contacts just fine via bluetooth, but the limit is 1,000 contacts. And so on my wife's car, I can update the address book just fine, but in my car, I hear that it's not possible via bluetooth. Oh well, so it goes.

My prior '08 E90 M3 was great at syncing all my iPhone contacts via bluetooth and did so dynamically each time. Very quick, very cool. +1 for BMW sync.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
MB put a cheaper version or disabled some features on the C class ICE so as not to compete with their bigger brothers. Its ridiculous that the C Class can't display mp3 tags on the screen! And why can't the iPod info be on the nav screen? Thats just silly.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
I haven't tried this but was wondering if it would work.

Open Outlook
Open Contacts in Outlook

Click to highlight any random contact

Hit ctrl A to highlight all
hit ctrl C to copy all

Paste all as is into a SD or CF card and upload all to the car.

That would be much, much easier than my way.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:48 PM

2008 Mercedes E350
I agree the new C Series Mercedes is the most awful car. In my previous E350, every time I got in the car, the BB contacts would all sync with the car contact list. When I got the new C300 a few months ago, the Mercedes Tech paired it but ever since then, none of my new phone contacts will make it to the car contacts. I just hate it and have no idea what most of you are talking about above as it's just too technical for me. Part of the reason I got a Mercedes is because of how great it was to upload contacts and numbers to the car, as it was in the E350; I'm sorry I got the C300 and, believe it or not, this is enough of a reason to send my car to SwapALease and get a new BMW!

If anyone has any easier instructions to upload/sync BB Address Book with Mercedes C300, please let me know.

Thank you.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:49 PM

2008 Mercedes E350
BTW, the BlackBerry I have is the Bold 8900.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 Lotus Evora S
I don't think it is because it's a C-class. I'm told this is the new technology of Mercedes. So the new E-class should also work the same way. There's no way to sync...you actually dump the entire address book from your BB and to update it, you need to redump it again. But, it will create duplicate records if you don't delete the entire database on your car before the redump. Really really bad...

Thumbs down for the new MB technology.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:59 PM

Hey guys, there is definitely a way to sync them all at once and only do it one time. i dont remember what i did, but it was something to do with the business cards option and the bb. worked great, wireless, and all my contacts are there.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 Ultima GTR
tgibrit - I read this thread yesterday as I was having the same issue, but I have now worked it out so I thought I would share.

There are three steps to this. The first is to pair the phone to the car (very simple, I won't give instructions here).

Step 2 - "Prepare the car" to receive contacts. Go to the top menu TEL. Then choose the bottom menu "TELEPHONE", then scroll to the last item "Receive Business Cards".

Step 3 - Go to your BB, go to Manage Connections -> Bluetooth Options -> Choose the MB paired device -> Press Blackberry button to open menu -> Choose "Transfer Contacts".

They will connect to each other, then the number on the screen will increase to however many business cards you are sending it.

Hope that helps you, and anyone else having this problem.

BTW - My phone is a Blackberry Bold 9700
Old 04-24-2010, 03:12 AM

C63 for Xmas.
AlexCim

Thanks mate - I have only had the car for 18 months tearing my hair out how to synch my BB with the car.

Lifesaver - beer in mail.

R.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:42 AM

C200 cdi auto
Blackberry 9700 and Transfer Address Book problems

tgibrit came up trumps. I've a BB Bold 9700 and new C Class and I kept getting the 'Unable to locate object push server' message. You need to make sure that your BB is 'discoverable' in bluetooth mode. Then you can select 'Receive Business Cards' option from the telephone options on the comand unit. Whilst at this Comand option go to the BB , select Bluetooth options, select the MB pairing option - press the middle button to open the menu and click on 'transfer contacts'. At this point you get 'gathering information' and then Ureka - transferring data. THANK YOU tgibrit
Old 04-28-2011, 03:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8

I have an 09 and a HTC Andriod phone. I needed to use the PCMCIA also with and SDHC mini memory card adaptor to upload my address book. But I found out another trick with the PCMCIA card. Since the 09 do not show the IPOD on the Nav Screen, I got an SDHC card and downloaded my music from the IPOD files on my PC. With the PCMCIA/SDHC card in, I have full read music read out and control like it's a hard drive CD collection on the Nav Screen. (up to 255 folders with 255 tracks in each one). It's a PIA to keep updating tracks but you don't have to have your IPOD in the car.