C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How about some feedback on the MHP ECU/TCU.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Founder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally Posted by bigbodybeeenz
What they are claiming and the reality of what their product delivers seem to be very different.

Every single person that got their tune has been unhappy. At least every single person that has posted in this forum.

I have yet to hear from a satisfied Evosport tune customer.
2 people on this site posted that they did not get the gains. Both were flashed with the original 10hp file, not the updated file. This was well documented.

There are many others who HAVE POSTED on this site with positive results.

It seems like you are keeping tabs? Have you really counted all of our powerchip software customers?

I would warn all that assumptions and rumor is far from fact, and will only continue to mislead people.

If I need to get EVERY user who has the software to post, then I guess I can spend the day calling customers, but that is kind of worthless IMHO. we know the truth and so do our customers!

Thanks
Brad

PS - tell you what - I like challenges. You bring your car up, we will flash it and dyno it before and after. If it makes the power, then you pay for the tune and the dyno time. If it doesn't, then you can be validated in your posts (you have made this post more then once). Seems fair? What do you think?
Old 01-22-2009, 07:12 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Old 01-22-2009, 07:31 PM

bike
Originally Posted by otoupalik
2 people on this site posted that they did not get the gains. Both were flashed with the original 10hp file, not the updated file. This was well documented.

There are many others who HAVE POSTED on this site with positive results.

It seems like you are keeping tabs? Have you really counted all of our powerchip software customers?

I would warn all that assumptions and rumor is far from fact, and will only continue to mislead people.

If I need to get EVERY user who has the software to post, then I guess I can spend the day calling customers, but that is kind of worthless IMHO. we know the truth and so do our customers!

Thanks
Brad

PS - tell you what - I like challenges. You bring your car up, we will flash it and dyno it before and after. If it makes the power, then you pay for the tune and the dyno time. If it doesn't, then you can be validated in your posts (you have made this post more then once). Seems fair? What do you think?
Link me to the positive post and I will forever shut my mouth in regards to this subject
Old 01-22-2009, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Founder

Ok, here is one: LINK

Happy to give you his phone # or you can arrange to meet him.

So not up for my challenge?

Thanks
brad
Old 01-22-2009, 07:52 PM

bike
Originally Posted by otoupalik
Ok, here is one: LINK

Happy to give you his phone # or you can arrange to meet him.

So not up for my challenge?

Thanks
brad
My car has been in the shop for 45 days out of the 5 months that I have owned it. I am currently in the process of a lemon case. I have not seen/driven/touched my car since the end of December because of several issues with the seats.

Don't think getting the ECU messed with will help my cause.

Thanks for the link. I guess I was wrong. My apologies.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Founder

WOW - 45 days out of 5 months. No wonder you are cranky! I would be very upset. Sucks. If there is anything we can do to help, let me know, we are just up the road.

thanks
Brad
Old 01-22-2009, 08:02 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Man that sucks, no more *****ing!
Old 01-22-2009, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
you guys have 5 min to take back all the bad stuff.

thats when he will be on.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
2 min
Old 01-22-2009, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
1min
Old 01-22-2009, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
Damn, countdown thats pretty sweet.

Let the games begin.

Last edited by BerBer63; 01-22-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
well him andys and jim are due back at 9pm tonight so then everyone can say what they feel like while they here or his here not while they cant.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by mthis
well him andys and jim are due back at 9pm tonight so then everyone can say what they feel like while they here or his here not while they cant.
I'm gonna' overlook that text because a picture is worth a thousand words.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:35 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
I dont think anyone is saying anything bad about MHP. In fact I think its great what they are going for the 63 guys. I hear alot of things in passing about all sorts of tuners, shops, dealers, people and what not... good and bad.

On occasion I hear something that maybe note worthy. Is what I hear true? I dont know? Thats why I list it as a rumor rather than say its a fact. When I heard MHP's tuner bailed I was like "NO WAY!" and people were without ECU's for their cars. I think thats a note worthy thing to post. I tried to make clear that it was a rumor and just something I've heard rather than call it a fact....

So when MHP chimes in lets hope this gets cleared up.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:38 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Whassuuppp!!!

Hey guys, I’m baaaack.

First and foremost thanks to our customers that took the time to post in our defense when we were still on suspension.
To be crystal clear, we aren’t going anywhere (haven’t gone anywhere), and don’t plan on leaving this or any market EVER. We’ve spent far too much time on here to leave, and aside from that don’t feel like relinquishing any of our present MB/AMG records anytime soon. 
To address all the rumors; I leave for 2 weeks and this place turns into a nail salon…
We do not, nor have we ever had a third party tuner, therefore making it impossible for him/her to leave us hanging by bailing on us. The truth of the matter is we did have some hardware issues that caused delays for several of our customers. As compensation we gave all those kept waiting a free upgrade to v3 specs, or cash back, or whatever level of compensation was agreed upon by both parties as fair.
Said issues are now resolved, we’re at 100% operational capacity again with all makes/models/years, and our tuning is as potent as ever. We’ve also implemented several new safeguards (above and beyond what was in place just weeks ago) to our tuning in order to ensure the highest possible level of customer satisfaction possible. We look forward to results from the batch of C63/63/55K/65 tunes that were kicked out this week, as we feel they are easily our best tunes to date.
I have to give Dave MAJOR props for working through and around some of the issues that were hampering us in the past few weeks. I don’t know of another tuner/person on this planet that could do what he did in order to make things happen. Dave literally worked around the clock, sometimes falling asleep at his bench/computer in order to get these cals out. Though I’ve been working with him for a few years at this point, he never ceases to amaze me. Thanks bro.
In the past 14 days in which we haven’t been able to post here we’ve kicked out v2 Lexus IS-F ECU/TCU tuning, ECU/TCU tuned the first N/A and TRD supercharged Toyota Tundras, and enabled European launch control for E60/E63 M5/M6s. I also got rid of the CLS55 and will be picking up our new project vehicle, an E60 M5 in the next week. Unfortunately the CLS55 had been in accident, which I wasn’t aware of when it was purchased, as such it was returned to the dealer last week. (It was minor accident, but I’m a stickler about that kind of thing.)

Finally, and getting back on track we are pleased to announce that we now offer our own SFI certified pulley for AMG 63s, as well as custom stall converters (with stall speeds spec’d to your application) for 7G transmissions, and 3 exhaust options for C63s:

1) Longtubes/high flow cats or off-road mid pipes that mate to the stock catback at the factory connection point. For those desiring a significant increase in power but not much deviation from the OEM exhaust note/volume.

2) Catback that mates to the stock exhaust manifolds. For those looking for a moderate amount more power and a bit more volume to the exhaust.

3) Full race exhaust, 1 7/8” longtubes, your choice of cat cell count or off-road mids, 3” back to the tailpipes. For those looking to make as much power as possible.

We will be attending MIR on March 1st with both vehicles and have set our sights on running 10s with the C63 N/A with the stock longblock. It may or may not happen, but it’s a goal that we believe to be possible with the addition of v3 tuning, full exhaust, pulley, and 3000rpm converter.

I urge anyone interested in seeing what our tuning can do to attend the event. As always anyone is welcome to drive either car of ours and feel for themselves what complete driveline tuning can do vs ECU only tuning.

Now with all that being said, if anyone has any specific questions that they’d like answered please feel free to post, PM, email or call me. As Mike (dodger63) referenced, my phone number is posted all over the internet, anyone can call me anytime for the straight scoop.

Thanks, and yes, I did kinda miss you guys.

Andy

Last edited by MHP; 01-22-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:47 PM

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GT-R
Welcome back! Can't wait for pictures/results of your new headers and exhaust! Any hints as to what the tips will look like with the full exhaust?
Old 01-22-2009, 09:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by MHP
Hey guys, I’m baaaack.

3) Full race exhaust, 1 7/8” longtubes, your choice of cat cell count or off-road mids, 3” back to the tailpipes. For those looking to make as much power as possible.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:52 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by nrgy
Welcome back! Can't wait for pictures/results of your new headers and exhaust! Any hints as to what the tips will look like with the full exhaust?
Thanks! I'll post pics and sound clips of the final full race system as soon as I can. Believe it or not aside from the headers the tips have taken the most time. I know most like the AMG tips but there was no way to get them to work with our full system, so we designed a tip that we feel fills in the gap as best as possible. That being said, we can always do custom tips. We also allow for extra bungs for wideband air fuel meters, and ceramic coating as options.
We'll do an initial group buy as well. The first 5 systems are already spoken for--hint, there will be some fast C63s over in U.A.E.

What's up brother. Ready to tear it up at MIR?
Old 01-22-2009, 09:59 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Welcome back Andy.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:09 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Glock Guru
Welcome back Andy.
Thanks Troy, good to "see" you too.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
08 C63 AMG
Andy is back Group Hug
Old 01-22-2009, 11:00 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by MNL ICE
Andy is back Group Hug
Whassup bro! Sig looks as good as ever.

Forgot to mention earlier, you can now purchase both MB/AMG and Lexus/Toyota vehicles direct from select dealerships, with both our tuning and parts, and still retain warranty.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:18 PM

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GT-R
Awesome...out of curiosity, any dealerships in the Seattle Washington area? Barrier Motors comes to mind Not that warranty concerns would stop me anyway!
Old 01-22-2009, 11:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
M5, C63, 335Ci
Welcome back Andy!!! Now lets see some prices, dyno results and MIR timeslips for all these goodies so we can start drooling.

Mike
Old 01-22-2009, 11:26 PM

2009 C63
Welcome back! I look forward to some new and exciting news from MHP! And your uplifting commentaries on what our C63's can and will achieve!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How about some feedback on the MHP ECU/TCU.