Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What does Andy @ MPH really know or do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by AMS Performance
This used to be a once great MB forum that has really lost its way. Never thought I'd see the day when MBworld turned into a childs daycare center. Everybody needs to stop all this nonsense drama, it really is out of control. Mods need to take action and close the thread so we can all get back to actually talking about Mercedes performance parts instead of bickering in this wild tangent vendettas.

While I can agree somewhat with your post, a few questions:

1. In the stead of possible wrongdoing by a sponsor would it be wrong to post questions or issues?

2. You are a tuner, is there any validity to the findings and facts aside from the drama posted here? (Other threads exist as well.)

I love talking about the cars most of us have in common, and all aspects of them but this issue seemed to have some real steam behind it. Thoughts?
Old 02-13-2009, 01:24 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG
Sure, but there are already like 10 threads about this topic all througout the various forums and by page 8 in this specific thread there really isn't much left to say that hasn't been said in this thread (and the bunch of others). I'm pretty sure everyone on MBworld gets the point now. Its getting a bit out of control when there are so many threads on the same subject. They should either be consolidated into one thread or all off them but a few be closed down, that's all I'm saying.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:30 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
For someone so super smart and talented, he has some horrible writing skills. This tends to create some doubt in my mind as to the validity of your opinion.
Most engineers are not known for being on New York Times best seller list. More importantly he can read and write 1s and 0s better than most.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R8
I've got an idea: Let's all go back to picking on people's spelling and grammar!

Or has that been done to death too...
Old 02-13-2009, 02:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
AS THEY SAY " TALK IS CHEAP"
Lets quit all the yackin and lets see some trackin

When all is said and done all we want is the fastest tune we can get our MODAHOLIC hands on..
Old 02-13-2009, 02:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
ANDY, ANY TAKERS YET? We all are waiting for the shoot out.. This will be BETTER THAN PINKS ALL OUT..
Old 02-13-2009, 02:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Man, Just when you think it's over, BAM .. seems that the members here are split

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...xperience.html

Last edited by rarfinancial; 02-13-2009 at 02:31 AM.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:28 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
12C P85DL
Originally Posted by dlbello
For Tim to just come out and out of No where shoot down MHP signal handlely... I mean wow! I didn't know that this was going to happen, I'm guessing something must have been brewing in the background, I really didn't know, as I did Not know Tim personally (Now I do) : > ))
The following is just an opinion based on my personal observations.

I believe there was a clash of egos. I’ve told Dave as much. Apparently Andy and Tim doubted each other's capabilities and credentials in separate conversations with a third party. It must have gotten real ugly as we can all see the results of the disagreement spilling over onto a public forum.

I've been though this once myself and I warned Tim that this type of activity is not pretty and tends to poison the waters for all. THAT WAS MY ONLY INVOLVEMENT IN THIS (trying to tone it down) SO PLEASE DO NOT START TAKING SHOTS AT ME.

I take no side and I do not have a horse in this race. When asked, my only input was to tone things down and we can all see just how far that advice got.

PS
I’m an engineer, can not spell and have horrible writing skills. Sorry….
Old 02-13-2009, 10:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Capri Blue
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
I've got an idea: Let's all go back to picking on people's spelling and grammar!

Or has that been done to death too...
No one is picking on anything, so you can stop trolling.

My point was that when someone appears out of no where, claims to know so much and obviously has an agenda against a site sponsor and vendor, poor writing tends to make him appear at first glance more like a troll than a valid contributor to the subject at hand. Maybe he is the king of tuners. I have no clue - I've never heard of him.

However, in general, if you are going to make an argument for or against something, your argument appears to have more validity when its conveyed with proper english. The more poorly you write, the less credible your argument appears. Its just an observation and not a criticism.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by gravedgr
No one is picking on anything, so you can stop trolling.

My point was that when someone appears out of no where, claims to know so much and obviously has an agenda against a site sponsor and vendor, poor writing tends to make him appear at first glance more like a troll than a valid contributor to the subject at hand. Maybe he is the king of tuners. I have no clue - I've never heard of him.

However, in general, if you are going to make an argument for or against something, your argument appears to have more validity when its conveyed with proper english. The more poorly you write, the less credible your argument appears. Its just an observation and not a criticism.
Um, my post was not actually directed at you, nor anyone else in particular. In fact, I agree with what you're saying. Seeing as this is the C63 forum, generally recognized as having the largest number of incoherent threads and postings, it just seems like there's always a bit of sport in having a go at people's writing.

Personally, I think it's quite amusing.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:57 AM

2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
Originally Posted by mthis
in my opinion i think you should get banned thats all i have to say.
At this point your opinion does Not matter Go do some more dyno's
Old 02-13-2009, 11:01 AM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
Why this thread is important

We can all agree that we use this forum to learn more about our cars and to share our successes and failures with each other. This discussion needs to be in the public forum because it has been a huge part of this sub-forum for a long time now, and MHP has been the primary contributor. We all deserve to know which service providers run a respectable and honest business. And because we all have participated in this thread, we all are entitled to not only the facts, but customer satisfaction/dissatisfaction stories as well. Human nature will allow for a digression of the argument into a subjective and sometimes personal attack situation as the debate heats up, but cooler heads must and will prevail.

I will state my opinion as objectively as I can, because non-biased observation can always help. My observation is that MHP is a newcomer to the MB tuning market and wants to establish itself as not only a quality tuner, but a tuner that can provide a unique service (TCU tune in addition to ECU tune), as well as the fastest tune available. In the course of his advertising, he has shown that he is knowledgeable, and very accessible to potential customers. He has also been braggadocios and confrontational. He has used incorrect terminology (e.g. TCU tuning) and presented information as fact, when he is actually in error (e.g. ability to tune TCU and ability to break encrypion).

So look at it from the perspective of the established and respected MB tuners: 1) Who is this guy? 2) What does he mean he can tune the TCU without acually having it in his hand because that's not possible; 3) He's telling everyone that no one in the world is tuning or is capable of tuning the ECU/TCU like he can; 4) He's saying virtually no one can break the new encryption that MB is putting on the new ECU's, except for them? Perhaps he's using old (and less expensive) technology that doesn't write directly to the ECU but rather accesses the ECU indirectly through the K-line where the encryption is applied?
So when MHP calls out the big tuners, why would they want to participate? It would seem that MHP has nothing to lose and everything to gain, whereas the others could only lose. Maybe a faster tune is possible, but is it proven safe for the long term? Remember, the likes of Kleeman and Renntech have AMG engineers at the helm for crying out loud. Bottom line, if I'm one of the big boys, I don't respond to being called out by MHP.

After reading all of the posts, it seems plausible to me the JRCart had his old PC tuning mistakenly put back on his ECU instead of MHP v3. I don't believe MHP is stealing someone else's code. He looks to be guilty of stating facts that are in fact false and misleading. You can't gain respect from your peers or your customers by using inaccurate terminology and by misrepresenting the facts and even the ability of other established tuners. There is enough evidence that the MHP tune is effective for most of his customers (regardless of price), just as there is evidence that his business practices and customer service are less than professional. Jackpro1 is a great example, and despite his outlandish behavior,JRCart also. Both are performance oriented owners that showed a lot of loyalty to MHP. MHP handled these great clients poorly for them to turn on him, that is obvious. If MHP doesn't lie to JackPro1 and instead treat him like the A1 customer he is, all ends up well there. If MHP initially accepts the responsibility of screwing up JRCart's tune instead of blaming Evosport, maybe JRCart isn't pissed at all. If MHP doesn't give misleading information, make false claims, and present itself in a more professional manner, then we the public and his potential customers will respect and have more faith in him.

As for Tim, and the other professional entities that brought information forward, that was stuff that we all need to know. Even if personal gain is a side effect (which I don't believe was the motive for any of them, including Evosport), when MHP misrepresents the facts as much as they did for as long as they did, a reckoning is in order. It is also the right thing to do, that is, stand up for yourself and defend the industry you work for. These people felt a responsibility to set the record straight, and we needed to hear it.

Bottom line for me is that MHP has to act more responsibly to be taken seriously. I don't "feel" any criminal act here, but lessons must be learned, and respect must be earned.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
...and rubber must be burned.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:40 AM

2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
STRAFE1... You opinion has been well taken.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally Posted by AMS Performance
This used to be a once great MB forum that has really lost its way. Never thought I'd see the day when MBworld turned into a childs daycare center. Everybody needs to stop all this nonsense drama, it really is out of control. Mods need to take action and close the thread so we can all get back to actually talking about Mercedes performance parts instead of bickering in this wild tangent vendettas.

I believe I agree. All sides have been able to give meaningful info (or given a chance to) and there are too many threads on this issue, so this one is closed.