Sponsored by:

Thoughts: C63 vs CTS-V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG/palladium silver
Originally Posted by yooker
I don't even think those are marketed as CF, they just look like a wavy plastic to me.
So what you are saying is you haven't even sat in a CTS-V. Why don't you go to the Caddy dealer and take a look. Instead of attacking me and talking out of your A$$. Wavy plastic? LOL

Last edited by CSIXTY3; 04-07-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
I finally got to sit in and start a CTS V... I must say I wasn't very impressed, as I was when I first sat in my first C63. I did get to start it (bit loud at first) but did sound solid. So bottom line, I think the C63 is the better choice over all, also depending on your personal situation. If you have a large family (kids more then one) then maybe a CTS V would be a good fit. For me, I'm not "just happy" but "Very Happy" with my C63 which would make a difference at the end.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:05 PM

2003 C32 AMG & 2009 CTS-V
Got an email from AMG Private Lounge today,... the new E63 are on the streets. Called my dealership and they say they got one on the floor. About to leave outta here (work) and make a B-line straight to the dealership to eyeball it. Gotta get over there anyway to have to re-sync my Ultra View top and some other stuff on the CTS-V. I'm reading in the e-mail that the AMG has deployed it's hybrid 7 speed dual clutch transmission in the E63. Guess that means it won't be long before it reaches the C class AMG's

Gotta say though,... I'm not liking the styling that much. Just not pushing the buttons. But hey,... I felt the same about the W204 AMG when it first hit. I think its line are majestic now,... well except for the rear. But that's grown on me as well.

Last edited by ericpd; 04-07-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:13 PM

C63 AMG/palladium silver
Originally Posted by dlbello
I finally got to sit in and start a CTS V... I must say I wasn't very impressed, as I was when I first sat in my first C63. I did get to start it (bit loud at first) but did sound solid. So bottom line, I think the C63 is the better choice over all, also depending on your personal situation. If you have a large family (kids more then one) then maybe a CTS V would be a good fit. For me, I'm not "just happy" but "Very Happy" with my C63 which would make a difference at the end.
You better watchout with those negative opinions or yooker will blast you for "bashing" CTS-V's on a Mercedes Benz forum and ask you if "does it make your ego betterand improve your self esteem" lol. With the risk of being assaulted with yookers venomous hate, I agree with you.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by dlbello
Yeah,... I agree. Rear space for the kids was one of the first things I noticed when my **** had it's debut with the V's driver's seat. Way more than my C32, but only slightly more than the C63. The C693's rear room ain't nothing to laugh at. If you wanna laugh at rear room in this class, take a look at the M3 and the R/S4. I too thought the C63 was an overall better choice,... but the V was faster, more nimble, and cheaper. So much cheaper, I was able to hang on to my C32! And forced air driving has spoiled me. LOL!
Old 04-07-2009, 06:17 PM

09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by ericpd
Hey yo dude,... see post #293. In the post I acknowledged that "murdered" was not a good word choice. I also explained that I posted the clip here because it featured a RenTECH tuned C63 doing 11's. I also established that what it ran against wasn't the least bit important to me. And that a fellow car enthusiast friend who knows that up until I bought the Caddy, I live and breath AMG's, AND,... I use to talk about RenTECH frequently when the C32 was my one and only, thought I'd be interested. So he sent it to me. Knowing the guys in here also live and breath AMG, I similarly thought there'd be an interest here as well.

Just because I bought the Caddy DaGS, doesn't mean I am all of a sudden numb to the prowess of AMG. Remember,... I still own one. A C32, that's a thumper and can still eat most cars on the road, especially in a straight line (Q-LSD and a pulley kit). I'd bet 2 mortgage payments my she'd eat a 4.0L M3 in a straight line.

Lighten up man,... so what, I have dual citizenship. So I will continue to post here when I think I have something positive to contribute,... unlike you. The complete RenTECH this C is endowed with is suppose to be their recently released system I understand. That's why I posted it. And once again,... the GT-R could have been anything else with wheels. That the C63 lost to a GT-R does not even reach back-story levels,... completely incidental. I wanted the guys to see a C doin' 11's with the new RenTECH setup and tune! Period.

Moving on,...
Dude I couldn’t careless if you "live and breathe AMG's"... honestly you full of crap....
This whole thread is a bunch of bull**** courtesy of you, so don’t tell me I don’t positively contribute when all you have done is start a crappy thread about CADDYS!! in a BENZ forum...NObody wants to hear bout it anymore, if we did, we wouldn’t be looking here!

Don’t try and act all innocent saying that you only posted that video to show us an 11 sec C63... When the first thing you said while posting it was "Look at this C63 get murdered".... Your initial comment says enough by itself because it shows what you were actually thinking. So just because you realized how idiotic your comment was and that you decided to re-post taking back what you initially said, doesn’t change anything...

That comment really shows how much you "live and breathe AMG's" LOL

BTW I eat and $h*t caddy's
Old 04-07-2009, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by DaGS1800
Dude I couldn’t careless if you "live and breathe AMG's"... honestly you full of crap....
This whole thread is a bunch of bull**** courtesy of you, so don’t tell me I don’t positively contribute when all you have done is start a crappy thread about CADDYS!! in a BENZ forum...NObody wants to hear bout it anymore, if we did, we wouldn’t be looking here!

Don’t try and act all innocent saying that you only posted that video to show us an 11 sec C63... When the first thing you said while posting it was "Look at this C63 get murdered".... Your initial comment says enough by itself because it shows what you were actually thinking. So just because you realized how idiotic your comment was and that you decided to re-post taking back what you initially said, doesn’t change anything...

That comment really shows how much you "live and breathe AMG's" LOL

BTW I eat and $h*t caddy's
All due respect, ericpd has been a friendly and valuable forum member for quite some time... not to mention, he does still have an AMG in his stable. This thread has been welcome and informative to many of us - and, in the early stages, he was legitimately wrestling over which new car to choose. FWIW, I think the CTS-V and C63 are both fantastic, and would be proud to own either one. Given my own choice, I'd likely pick the C63... but that's a very unique decision to be made.

A bit of advice (take it or leave it): don't venture over to the w211 AMG forum. You'd be shocked and dismayed to learn that even some moderators don't currently own an MB, and many MBW members lend praise to other marques' models like M5's, Z06's, GT-R's, etc etc.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a durr
M5's, M6s, Z06's, GT-Rs, E9X M3's are all great cars, there is nothing wrong with brand loyalty but I don't understand being close minded and disrespecting a particular model based on the company.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
M5's, M6s, Z06's, GT-Rs, E9X M3's are all great cars, there is nothing wrong with brand loyalty but I don't understand being close minded and disrespecting a particular model based on the company.
There is no way I'll ever respect the 1985 Nissan Sentra SE. Japan has a lot to answer for!

Old 04-07-2009, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a durr
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
There is no way I'll ever respect the 1985 Nissan Sentra SE. Japan has a lot to answer for!

Cough NSX Type S Cough*
Old 04-07-2009, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Cough NSX Type S Cough*
...says the guy driving a Miata.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a durr
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
...says the guy driving a Miata.
Miata lease ended.

I miss that car, nice small nimble go-kart with manual drop top and a manual gearbox 2nd to Honda. Same reason why I enjoy driving my friend's S2000. Not a particularly fast car but the driver interaction in my opinion is higher.

Time to get my motorcycle license so I can get that feeling back.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Miata lease ended.

I miss that car, nice small nimble go-kart with manual drop top and a manual gearbox 2nd to Honda. Same reason why I enjoy driving my friend's S2000. Not a particularly fast car but the driver interaction in my opinion is higher.

Time to get my motorcycle license so I can get that feeling back.
Oh, I miss my NSXs too. It's the reason my handle is SebringSilver to begin with. Oh well, no point looking back.

Meanwhile, getting back to the CTS-V, has anyone here actually seen one on the road (aside from Ericpd, of course)? I wonder where they're all hiding.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a durr
Saw 1 at the autoshow, thing looked pretty beastly, though not quite so in the same manner as the C63 in my opinion. More of a sleeper vehicle me thinks.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:14 AM

Hey yooker you should grab a sw20/ mr2 turbo. I just finished my up with full suspension upgrades, the basic turbo upgrades and a replacement "upgraded" toyota turbo. It'll run only high 12's but its sooooo much go kart fun
Old 04-08-2009, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a durr
I was actually looking into AP1 S2000s, not too sure about sw20/mr2's in Canada, they seem to be quite rare here.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:30 PM

Hey guys, got an email from AMG Private Lounge last nite announcing the launch of the new E63. Read through the links and saw that the E63 is coming with the New dual-clutch 7-speed AMG SPEDSHIFT MCT, which they further said is to debut in the C63 buy year's end 2009. Guess this means the C63 2010 MY. After further reading, it's clear that this trans isn't quite like BMW's SMG in that the box is still based on an automatic (I think). Looks like AMG just chucked the torque converter out with the bath water and replaced it with a mechanical twin clutch assembly. Guess that's why some are calling it a hybrid transmission instead of an automated manual. Still,... it's suppose to deliver a vast performance improvement over the current 7 speed automatic trans in the current C63's,... which is a master piece in its own right. Also, it looks like that MCT being introduced in the E is an upgrade from when it was debuted in the SL65 Sending some links I found.

http://machines777.blogspot.com/2008...spedshift.html
http://germancarscene.com/2008/03/13...-transmission/

And here's an in-house link I found,... summa you guys might have already been here though.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ct-coming.html

This oughta step up the excitement level of the C63 a notch or two and please those of us left disappointed because there wasn't a manual option in the AMG stable. I wonder if this 62.L/MCT combo will knock your teeth down your throat at the 1-2 swap like the Torque Flight/426 Hemi combo of old? Damn,... dating myself again! Geez!

Last edited by ericpd; 04-08-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a durr
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skDCazS-cLU

ericpd should do this with that car =D
Old 04-09-2009, 04:39 PM

09' C63 AMG
I am not a huge fan of the new E-class body, looks kind of tacky IMO..

That new MCT tranny sounds really exciting; they make it sound like a completely different driving experience. I’m kind of upset that we just missed this; however this always happens when you purchase an early year vehicle of a new model...

Shouldn’t this result in a price increase on the C63?

I also thought they were going to discontinue the 63's and go with V6's instead...
Old 04-09-2009, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by DaGS1800
I am not a huge fan of the new E-class body, looks kind of tacky IMO..

That new MCT tranny sounds really exciting; they make it sound like a completely different driving experience. I’m kind of upset that we just missed this; however this always happens when you purchase an early year vehicle of a new model...

Shouldn’t this result in a price increase on the C63?

I also thought they were going to discontinue the 63's and go with V6's instead...
Yeah I hear ya on the new E styling. Got some 'getting used to' dead ahead. But hey,... I remember when the new C's came out. Man did I think they were ugly. But it didn't take long before the current C styling began to grow on me. Still having a little trouble with the rear end, but even that's starting to grow on me.

And the MCT does sound exciting. But remember,... it's basically the same trans in a smaller and lighter package, when a wet clutch where the torque converter used to be. Gear swaps are still a function of fluids and electricity. They're calling it a hybrid,... not a sequential. Still, it's an option that's long overdue.

I also heard that the C-class might revert back to a six. But I think the M3 will be the first to do that. Which is a shame because that mill in the M3 is a masterpiece.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Yeah, the MCT sounds great - but it's not a dual-clutch tranny like DSG or PDK. Still a nice upgrade, though... good to hear it'll be dropped into the C63 in the near future.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Yeah, the MCT sounds great - but it's not a dual-clutch tranny like DSG or PDK. Still a nice upgrade, though... good to hear it'll be dropped into the C63 in the near future.
Yep,... near future. Think November this year! But be honest,... don't you think the addition of this tranny would kick up the tactile feel of the C63? While it's not a true manual, I'm leaning in the direction that AMG will do a pretty good job of making it function like a traditional SMG.

Tell ya something else,... I wouldn't be surprised if in the next 5 years, we'll see the end of torque conveters completely,... all replaced with this or some other type of clutch assembly. Hell,... most modern automatics lock them up anyway after the car gets moving.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:52 PM

I just got my black chrome'd oem wheels on my V. Alot of you guys should consider black chrome as it looks badass and is very tough. California chrome did mine in their "black chrome PVD"

wala....tint & black chrome wheesl - the silver oem calipers look sick when rolling...

Old 04-09-2009, 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a durr
HOLY CRAP, Those are stunning pictures. I think you should post even more!
Old 04-09-2009, 10:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 E63 AMG
I sat in the V at the car show in St. Louis and honestly thought the interior was way cheaper then my 09 E63. I would love to have a new CTS-V but the interior just doesn't have that German look or feel to it. American cars never get the interiors right no matter what they do. I can't stand all that shiny black fake plastic on the V's dash. It was incredibly cheap to me. Now, I really did like how the seats had that little pull out thing for your legs. That is very nice! No offense but you can't compare the looks of that car above to the C63's looks. The C63 is freaking hot. That V is a Typical American car with the dump truck look in the fender wells and the cheap plastic around the fog lights lol. Granted, I would still drive one. I rip on my Vette all the time as well. Granted, I love that car as well even though it sits like a dump truck and the interior is better on a yugo. P.S. Pull those stupid little GM markers off the sides of that thing. I think those things are so stupid.

Last edited by liquiddi; 04-09-2009 at 10:26 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Thoughts: C63 vs CTS-V