Sponsored by:

List your ECU/modification and corresponding HP increase

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
List your ECU/modification and corresponding HP increase

I am looking to unleash the beast and would like to see which mods have been done and their corresponding increase in HP/Torque.
If you have done an ECU or other upgrade, please list:
1. The Tuner
2. Which mod(s) eg. ECU only, ECU+headers etc.
3. Before/After dyno results
4. Costs for product(s)/installation
5. Driving impressions
5. Any unexpected issues
Thanks, this should be interesting
Old 04-03-2009, 01:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by brickdds
I am looking to unleash the beast and would like to see which mods have been done and their corresponding increase in HP/Torque.
1. The Tuner
5. Driving impressions
5. Any unexpected issues
Thanks, this should be interesting
2 best mods to do. ECU/TCU tune and longtube headers, thats all you will been and about 10 to 15g's depending on which tunes you choose. i have MHP ECU/TCU running in my car now, and its great, the tcu makes a big dif when you break it in RITE. good luck and welcome.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:08 PM

C63 AMG
MKB seemed to have great results as posted on another thread. But I have not been able to talk with anyone, and my voicemails have not been returned. Not a great confidence builder for potential customers.
Kleemann so far seems to be the best bang for the buck. But I am still hoping to hear more input from the experiences of others on the board before maing my decision.
Anyone else???
Old 04-04-2009, 08:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
MKB seemed to have great results as posted on another thread. But I have not been able to talk with anyone, and my voicemails have not been returned. Not a great confidence builder for potential customers.
Kleemann so far seems to be the best bang for the buck. But I am still hoping to hear more input from the experiences of others on the board before maing my decision.
Anyone else???
Two track nights now with a Kleeman header/tune package. ET's are 12.1 to 12.5 (when it hooks!!) but trap speed is a very dissapointing 112/113. These are warm nights in Florida and the DA adjustment on dragtimes.com lowered my posted best to 11.9 at 115 but I really don't know what that means. I have a pair of Mickey T's on the way just for track night and I will tell you that when I borrowed Keith's my Et's droppped .6 to .8 when the car was stock. Avoiding wheel spin at our track is even harder now with the K2 package which provides more low end grunt but I don't see any appreciable gain in high speed power. The mix is very rich at 11.9 to 12.3 which is just their conservative philosophy.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:05 PM

2009 Volkswagen Routan
Originally Posted by hhughes1
Two track nights now with a Kleeman header/tune package. ET's are 12.1 to 12.5 (when it hooks!!) but trap speed is a very dissapointing 112/113. These are warm nights in Florida and the DA adjustment on dragtimes.com lowered my posted best to 11.9 at 115 but I really don't know what that means. I have a pair of Mickey T's on the way just for track night and I will tell you that when I borrowed Keith's my Et's droppped .6 to .8 when the car was stock. Avoiding wheel spin at our track is even harder now with the K2 package which provides more low end grunt but I don't see any appreciable gain in high speed power. The mix is very rich at 11.9 to 12.3 which is just their conservative philosophy.
I'm not sure why, but that 12.3 seem lean to me? I think the RENN mix is almost 13, but could be wrong.

Maybe call over there and ask Jeff (software guy) if that 11.9-12.3 seems rich or lean?

Last edited by groupB; 04-04-2009 at 03:06 PM. Reason: I can't spell on my first try.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:07 PM

2009 Volkswagen Routan
Originally Posted by mthis
2 best mods to do. ECU/TCU tune and longtube headers, thats all you will been and about 10 to 15g's depending on which tunes you choose. i have MHP ECU/TCU running in my car now, and its great, the tcu makes a big dif when you break it in RITE. good luck and welcome.
Who is doing a TCU tune on these? I thought the Andy /MPH sh*tstorm from a few weeks back settled this one?

(not trying to be confrontational, just thought the outcome was "tcu flash = bs", if I'm wrong, I'm wrong!)
Old 04-04-2009, 03:50 PM

e55
Originally Posted by groupB
I'm not sure why, but that 12.3 seem lean to me? I think the RENN mix is almost 13, but could be wrong.

Maybe call over there and ask Jeff (software guy) if that 11.9-12.3 seems rich or lean?
11.9 and 12.3 is rich ur cars should be running at 13.4-13.7 .. hhughs is a friend of mine and we go to track together as well as keith aka dadc63 .. the lower the # the more rich it is and higher the leaner . u gain more power leaner but more of chances of blowing ur motor
Old 04-04-2009, 08:49 PM

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GT-R
Sorry to hear about the dissapointing trap speeds, but thanks for sharing the info. Those numbers do seem very low for a K2 package, although real world numbers speak volumes. On paper I would expect the K2 to at least trap in the high teens, maybe 117-119, as I know from experience ET's can vary greatly. I would think once you switch to Mickey's your trap could drop another 1 mph or 2 based on other's experience.

Did Dads_C63 happen to run with you again during this latest outing, and if so do you have his numbers? So what's next? Sticking with the K2 or perhaps a new tune?
Old 04-04-2009, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Originally Posted by nrgy
Sorry to hear about the dissapointing trap speeds, but thanks for sharing the info. Those numbers do seem very low for a K2 package, although real world numbers speak volumes. On paper I would expect the K2 to at least trap in the high teens, maybe 117-119, as I know from experience ET's can vary greatly. I would think once you switch to Mickey's your trap could drop another 1 mph or 2 based on other's experience.

Did Dads_C63 happen to run with you again during this latest outing, and if so do you have his numbers? So what's next? Sticking with the K2 or perhaps a new tune?
The first night we ran the tuned car it ran a 12.103 / 113.90 on street tires which corrected to an 11.9 / 116 ????? The track was a little stickier and it was a bit cooler. Keith's car was there last night without Keith and Vinny had his E55. Nobody had any passes that they would be happy with due to the track resembling a long slip n slide. I want to run with the Micky's a couple of times and then wait till Fall. No plans to change tuners yet but I may send it back for a reflash just to see what happens. HP measured 423 on the same dyno that Keith pulled 469 with his latest MKB tune just hours before.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:48 PM

C63 AMG
I guess I will need to start another thread as it appears this one has been hijacked.
Just seeking useful information, sorry for interrupting your conversation.
Please read the initial post and stay on topic.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
I guess I will need to start another thread as it appears this one has been hijacked.
Exactly what type of info regarding Kleemann do you want. If the above posts are not useful to you then I suggest you keep your money in the bank because you have no idea what a tuner does.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:44 PM
Ape

2004 TL; 2004 S2000; 2009 C63; 2009 ML350
Keith pulled 469 with his latest MKB tune just hours before.
Does Keith have MKB or MHP tune?
Old 04-04-2009, 10:46 PM

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GT-R
Exactly what type of info regarding Kleemann do you want. If the above posts are not useful to you then I suggest you keep your money in the bank because you have no idea what a tuner does.
Right...I find the above information very useful for anyone considering doing engine mods. That and the fact that over the past several months owners have been posting up their mods and dynos. Can't really expect they'll all jump into this thread and repost that same information when there have already been threads like this.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Originally Posted by Ape
Does Keith have MKB or MHP tune?
He has 3 ECU's with MKB, MHP and stock.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Originally Posted by nrgy
Right...I find the above information very useful for anyone considering doing engine mods. That and the fact that over the past several months owners have been posting up their mods and dynos. Can't really expect they'll all jump into this thread and repost that same information when there have already been threads like this.
Some want it spoon-fed with all the "big words" explained.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:26 PM

e55
Some want it spoon-fed with all the "big words" explained.
and some ppl are just not the sharpest crayons in the box .. i thought what i saw here was very helpful damn i even explained the airfuel ratio thing ...
Old 04-05-2009, 01:13 PM

C63 AMG
Exactly what type of info regarding Kleemann do you want. If the above posts are not useful to you then I suggest you keep your money in the bank because you have no idea what a tuner does

Let me help you, here is the original post:
1. The Tuner
5. Driving impressions
5. Any unexpected issues

"Some want it spoon-fed with all the "big words" explained"

No, some expect that a request for help in making an informed decision will be met with meaningful information that answers those questions. The format is there, 5 simple questions seeking 5 straightforward answers.
Big words don't scare me.

"and some ppl are just not the sharpest crayons in the box "

You are so right, as your posting could not illustrate more clearly.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Anyone else???
Our "conversation" specificaly regarded a Kleeman and MKB track and dyno results. No one is going to answer your 1.2.3.4.5 **** retentive request. If you want to learn something ask those who know. Between my car, Keith's car and Vinny's E55 we have Kleemann, MKB, MHP and Renntech products that are tracked on a regular basis. This process is not like going to Walmart and buying something off the shelf.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:56 PM

2009 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Arctic White PP
I just sent my ECU out to Renntech. Will see how much horsepower i will get out of it
Old 04-06-2009, 05:08 PM

C63 AMG
"If you want to learn something ask those who know."

I guess you did not read the post after all.
If you had, perhaps you would have addressed the issues in question rather than spew your vile invective. Let go of the anger son. I don't know if you were molested as a child (maybe that's where the **** reference comes from) or had your lunch money beaten out of you. Life is too short to harbor such anger. Take the chip off your shoulder, go have yourself a tantrum and a good cry. Then grow the hell up. The world does not revolve around you. If you have something meaningful to offer, then by all means do so. But don't go around insulting people whom you know nothing about.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Post# 15
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-shootout.html - before and after dyno sheets.

Not sure I want to get started with this thread but I had some information to pass along. Holy Cow! Can't ya'll play nice together.

They have been giving you information that you requested about #1 Tuner, #2 mods, #3 Dyno results, #4 - your costs will vary depending on who you get the products from and who does the installation. #5 the cars a monster. #5a. no driving issues.

According to hhughes1 he's got the Kleeman package with headers and tune and got around 425 to the wheels. Runs in the low 12's at the track.

I've had both the MKB and MHP tunes and they are similar in HP. Both are around 450 to 460 at the wheels. I have the MKB shorty headers, tune, and rear cat delete. Other than that its stock right down to the charcoal filters. I've run my best times with the MHP program.

I wouldn't get on the forum and start blasting those that are trying to help.

Last edited by Dads C63; 04-06-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
If you had, perhaps you would have addressed the issues in question rather than spew your vile invective. Let go of the anger son. I don't know if you were molested as a child (maybe that's where the **** reference comes from) or had your lunch money beaten out of you. Life is too short to harbor such anger. Take the chip off your shoulder, go have yourself a tantrum and a good cry. Then grow the hell up. The world does not revolve around you. If you have something meaningful to offer, then by all means do so. But don't go around insulting people whom you know nothing about.
You are the only one insulting people here.

The people who replied took the time to give you some valuable information about how the mods perform in the real world.

The time and $$ that hhughes, DadsC63 and mthis have already spent in their quest for the best HP mods have benefitted all of us. Now that is "something meaningful to offer."

The "best C63 ECU" story is still unfolding; and these guys are doing most of the work for the rest of us. Don't shoot the messenger. Just chill out. There's no definitive answer just yet but we are getting there, thanks to these guys.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
No, some expect that a request for help in making an informed decision will be met with meaningful information that answers those questions. The format is there, 5 simple questions seeking 5 straightforward answers.

Read your own words "Pop" and rethink where your thread went wrong. Some folks don't take well to sarcastic remarks after attempting to provide you with what you asked for even if it wasn't packaged nice and neat in the 1,2,3,4,5,5 format that you demanded.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:11 PM

2009 C63 AMG
I used RENNTECH. I felt a big difference using the butt dyno especially at low rpms, but I have not taken it for official numbers yet.