Thinking about it....a C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by Babilonian
I love these cars...ever since i was a kid. But they're nice to drive and nothing more. They cost too much, they need constant maintenance, they're not easy to maintain and have a million parts that can go wrong compared to other cars.
Benz puts technology in their cars 10-15 years ahead of everyone else in that industry....and years from now, you'll start to see the same feats in other cars.
Um, I think you've been living in a cave. Or you've never experienced a modern automobile.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GS300
Originally Posted by 220S
Yeah, well I don't live in Russia. And I can drive quite well thank you.

Read DaGS1800's follow-up post for some further illumination.

btw, if you really want to know, MB installed PDC and rear camera for safety and not for people who can't park. I had a small child run behind me once and it was worth everything in the world to have PDC. And it works great at crosswalks, when that ubiquitous person on their cellphone is cutting in front of you at the last minute when you're trying to make a right on red......

Think before you post.

easy buddy...we're just having a conversation here...and how many times a child ran behind your car while you're backing up? once, twice...in your life time.....
the point is that these cars are nice to drive. they put a smile on your face.....not cuz they have an ejection button so you can eject your self....but cuz they feel good.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

easy buddy...we're just having a conversation here...and how many times a child ran behind your car while you're backing up? once, twice...in your life time.....
the point is that these cars are nice to drive. they put a smile on your face.....not cuz they have an ejection button so you can eject your self....but cuz they feel good.
Once is all it takes.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:51 PM

GS300
Um, I think you've been living in a cave. Or you've never experienced a modern automobile.
is that why you have a gull wing for your signature?
Old 05-10-2009, 04:53 PM

GS300
Once is all it takes.
agree. and if you can't drive without it...you shouldn't be.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

But one thing i will never forget....
a 1983 sel.....cruising on the highway to over 200km/h !!
I hit 240km/h with supreme gas...

now what car is out there that can go this fast....new or old.....nothing...
Good night. Have a nice weekend.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:03 PM

2009 C63 K1
If PDC and Keyless go are important then don't buy a C63.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG & RR
220S Have you thought of maybe upgrading rather than downgrading? Maybe for a next car you want the 2010 S Class, more room, better drive, more comfort and if u like being a bit sporty, u cud go for the S63. Not sure if that is in your price range though, just a thought.....
Old 05-10-2009, 10:25 PM

2009 C63 K1
Originally Posted by Merc-Skycap
220S Have you thought of maybe upgrading rather than downgrading? Maybe for a next car you want the 2010 S Class, more room, better drive, more comfort and if u like being a bit sporty, u cud go for the S63. Not sure if that is in your price range though, just a thought.....
Another option would be the new 750i. It has all the latest features, lots of room, handles well and has very good power with the new Twin-Turbo V8.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:50 PM

C63
Yeah, well after looking at some C63 interior pics, the AMG version looks better than the POS loaner I had.

But I think I want a bigger car. My P-car is already tiny. I want a really big car with lots of room and which is way too fast and handles like a Lotus and weighs the same but is still as safe as a big MB

How many people get the performance package? Can you drive it with the pp on LA crap streets? Can you get LSD w/o the performance package?

I wish MBUSA had a better website than that POS Flash driven site they have. No 'build your own" on the AMG site(?)

I guess I gotta start reading this forum and start thinking about this.... 'course by then the W212 E63 will be available.
The new E class looks like a hyundai sonata = fugly

Its interior isn't that impressive either, it looks no better than my c class interior.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
if you want a C63 and hate the interior, Id suggest you take a look at the sahara beige

the two tone look really does add something to an otherwise dull interior -

I;ve heard some people complain about the plastic silver trim in the cars (ive never seen it) but the black maple I got is very nice and add's a luxurious feel to the car (it's definitely a step up from my supercharged ramge rover sport)

My only complaint is the cheap plastic surrounding the radio buttons -
Old 05-10-2009, 10:59 PM

2009 C63 K1
Originally Posted by wuyichao
The new E class looks like a hyundai sonata = fugly

Its interior isn't that impressive either, it looks no better than my c class interior.
Are you kidding? That photo of the E500 is sweet and the Hyundai well, it looks like a Hyundai. Bad comparison IMO. Have to agree w/ your opinion of the interior having seen one in person.

Last edited by yaymitch; 05-10-2009 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Additional comment
Old 05-10-2009, 11:02 PM

C63
Originally Posted by yaymitch
Another option would be the new 750i. It has all the latest features, lots of room, handles well and has very good power with the new Twin-Turbo V8.
+1 on the 750, i heard its performance is on par w/ S63.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Car Whore
plus the 750i looks so sick with its new improvements!!
i've seen a few around town and the larger front bladders look so aggressive.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:56 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Fantasm
plus the 750i looks so sick with its new improvements!!
i've seen a few around town and the larger front bladders look so aggressive.
Ugh, no. I think it looks meh. I'm sure it drives amazingly well and the features are very well fleshed out (except iDrive), but when I saw it at the car show I just couldn't wrap my mind around paying $90k for that exterior.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I think I'm gonna sit tight for a bit. See what's up for 2010 models. Skycap, the S63 is a thought but I think I'd rather spend less on a DD and upgrade my 993 to a 997 (or keep and store the 993 and get a 997.) Plus it's a bit too big; I need something between a C and the S. And that goes for the 750 too. Although with that TT V8 maybe I need to look at one up close....

And I agree with the design of the W212 but I'll have to see it in person.

Fantasm: I read your thread and that's kind of what I'm concerned about, esp on long trips. And Juicee says the same (sounds like he might need to visit Chiromikey after his seat time in the C, LOL) This is for a DD and I want the extras that I'm used to. The P-car keeps me happy otherwise.

The AMG interior on the C does make up for a lot (and yeah, I like the two tone and the dark maple like in the E) but it's just the size and extras that's killing me as a DD. And I could never live without the Porsche (in some version), so I won't do a C63 and something else as a daily.

ps, I'll ask again: how many have the P30 option on their C? The MB website says you can get LSD w/o P30. But P30 also gives you better brakes and stiffer suspension. Of course you could do all that aftermarket. I can't tell by looking at dealer inventory on the net if they're bringing most of them in with P30 or without(?)
Old 05-11-2009, 08:25 AM

C63
go to a dealer and ask a sale person to do a query from its inventory system, its linked to other dealers nearby. they will be able to answer your question.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
based on my research, LSD w/o Performance package is not allowed in the US -
Old 05-11-2009, 08:54 PM

2009 C63 K1
I was one of those who ordered the P30 when it was first released on the 2009. The first MY09's came with LSD and top speed delimiter and no suspension or brake upgrades. I chose to keep that version as all I really wanted was the LSD. Most of the new ones that I have seen listed are coming in without the P30.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:23 PM

09' C63 AMG
+1 on the new 750, just saw one today. That car is hot!

I dont know much about its performance compared to the S63, but I do know that past 7 series never really kept up with the S-class AMG's...

I saw the interior on the 750 too since it was parked... That was sweeet also
Old 05-11-2009, 10:32 PM

09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by ericpd
Your exact words were,... "The smaller car will always handle better and will always be faster, that is just how physics works." That's what I responded to. If I misunderstood, then I retract.

The comparison here is,... the C63 has 4 doors and the CTS-V has 4 doors. Both are production cars, and both are commonly referred to as Saloons. As far as the Ring lap time record, that's all that's important. Nothing else. Not whether what's under the bonnet is Super Charged or not, not whether one car is equal to or greater than xxxx lbs and another is equal to or less than xxxx lbs, not whether the brake horsepower is this, that or the other, not whether the wheelbase is greater than or less than a certain length,... the common denominator here is,... "4 door production saloon". End of story.

You said the smaller car will always handle better and will always be faster. I simply used the CTS-V as an example of one exception to that rule of physics of yours. That's all.

Do I think the outcome might have been different if AMG elected to put into production a C55 Kompressor instead of the current naturally aspirated C63? Or if they opted to put 285's on the rear instead of 255's and 255's on the front instead of those anemic 235's? Possibly,... who knows. But they didn't.
First of all, you took my words out of context. That statement is correct in the scenario I was giving, not in your terrible analogy which isn’t even a direct comparison as to what I mentioned...

Your logic just boggles my mind... I was stating that in a scenario with 2 cars with the SAME engine or same horsepower, the smaller will be faster and handle better every time. I was NOT only comparing two 4 door cars with different hp.

OF COURSE horsepower or a supercharger matters because that changes EVERYTHING, especially when you are calculating a physics equation... Obviously if a car has more horsepower to even out the weight difference and then some, it will be faster; this is common sense. So thank you for pointing out the obvious....

My statement will ALWAYS be true if the two cars in comparison do not have any major differences in engines or horsepower
Old 05-12-2009, 09:20 AM

2003 C32 AMG & 2009 CTS-V
Originally Posted by DaGS1800
First of all, you took my words out of context. That statement is correct in the scenario I was giving, not in your terrible analogy which isn’t even a direct comparison as to what I mentioned...

Your logic just boggles my mind... I was stating that in a scenario with 2 cars with the SAME engine or same horsepower, the smaller will be faster and handle better every time. I was NOT only comparing two 4 door cars with different hp.

OF COURSE horsepower or a supercharger matters because that changes EVERYTHING, especially when you are calculating a physics equation... Obviously if a car has more horsepower to even out the weight difference and then some, it will be faster; this is common sense. So thank you for pointing out the obvious....

My statement will ALWAYS be true if the two cars in comparison do not have any major differences in engines or horsepower
OK,... then I retract some of my argument. However,... in the end it is your post and your burden to properly and clearly set the context you want your words to bathe in. I am thrilled to hear your backdoor acknowledgment that the CTS-V is a faster and more nimble car than the C63. Doesn't really matter though, as I absolutely adore both cars and wished I was financially able to own both. Right now, I'll have to make do with owning last generation's C-Class AMG and the CTS-V. I'll survive! But to hear you suggest an acceptance of this fact is refreshing. Thanks!

Last edited by ericpd; 05-12-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:40 AM

2003 C32 AMG & 2009 CTS-V
Hear ya go DaGS,... this is for you my friend.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...est-drive.html

As soon as I get this done (yeah,... right), I'm jumpin' on 10, make a right on 95, then come knockin' at your door! LOL! Just a friendly jab DaGS!
Old 05-16-2009, 10:49 AM

2020 GLE450
Get the C63 with the carbon trim option and then take it to a shop to get all the panels covered in leather. Ask them to do the headliner in suede as well and you'll have a much nicer interior. There's a picture on this forum of a C63 with a suede roof conversion and it looks much much better than the cheap textured junk they used out of the factory.

The interior vinyls are cheap looking (compared to BMW's) and they are annoying once in a while but when you're driving, just keep your eyes on the road and have a blast tossing the C63 around.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:50 PM

'09 C63 AMG, '06 CTS-V
Originally Posted by ericpd
Hear ya go DaGS,... this is for you my friend.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...est-drive.html

As soon as I get this done (yeah,... right), I'm jumpin' on 10, make a right on 95, then come knockin' at your door! LOL! Just a friendly jab DaGS!
How did we get here? The original post is from a Benz owner considering another Benz - absolutely no mention of ugly old man ride.

Anyway, another option after your upgrade is to head to the Pacific NW and come see me. I got a can of whoop *** and can't wait to open it!

Thanks for sharing the video though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thinking about it....a C63