Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Checked out the new CTS-V and...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG, '06 CTS-V
Razorecko: Good for you and I hope you are loving every minute of the car. Seriously.

A couple suggestions that may help it look a "little" better...

1. Remove those tacky GM squares on the sides and get rid of C T S letters in the rear. Go with V badging only. They will do it at the dealership free of charge.

2. Paint that chrome window trim black - I have never seen so much chrome badging on a sports car

3. Tint windows as dark as possible. Will help you with not being seen in the Ugly Old Man ride. Forget this step if you actually are an ugly old man.

Repost pictures once this has been completed and we'll re-evaluate.

Cheers.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 c63, 2010 E63
Originally Posted by Razorecko
I bought an ugly old man ride
You come into a c63 forum and expect people to adore your ride? If you can't take the heat stay out the kitchen, it's others people opinion. Like I said a thousand times before, who cares what others think if you like the darn car.
Old 05-16-2009, 05:00 PM

2009 C63 K1
My old 330i Perf Pkg looks way better IMO...sorry.
Attached Thumbnails Checked out the new CTS-V and...-bmw-330i.jpg  

Last edited by yaymitch; 05-16-2009 at 05:17 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:39 PM

09' C63 AMG

Old 05-16-2009, 08:22 PM

Many
About the service thing, I've had my Cadillac Escalade for twice as long as my SL63 and it has not been in service for any problems. My SL has been in 4 times for transmission and ESP problems.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by 1st amg
Not sure how so, the C63 is the only AMG ever built that they actually widened the track of the car, the front end is extended by about four inches, this car was the only car out of the AMG factory where they actually modified it susbstantially, .....
Really?
You're excluding the 3 Black Series AMG cars, right?

The new E63 is also widened.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:10 PM

2009 C63 K1
Originally Posted by ////AMG
About the service thing, I've had my Cadillac Escalade for twice as long as my SL63 and it has not been in service for any problems. My SL has been in 4 times for transmission and ESP problems.
GM makes fairly reliable trucks and SUV's. Cars are a different story. The only GM I ever owned (Tahoe) the steering just broke, I could spin the wheel around and around and nothing. Good thing I was in a parking garage when it happened, traded it in three months later. Have not bought American since.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:45 AM

2003 C32 AMG & 2009 CTS-V
Originally Posted by mugatu22
The CTSVs interior and initial quality are both subpar IMO for a car in that price class. The cheap laminate-looking CF interior panels, the fit & finish between the interior pieces...ugh. Just American through and through...ie, cheaply done. Merc & BMW kil Chevy/Ford in those categories alone.
I don't know man,... my interior is quite spectacular compared to my 03 C32, and when I was shopping the C63 against the CtS-V, it fared quited well in comparison to the C63. Talk about a cheap cheesy impression,... that is exactly what I got when I first sat in the cockpit of the C63. A sea of plastic! I hear you on the CF but you'd be hard pressed to find true carbon fibre in many cars,... simulated CF is an industry wide phenom these days as simulated wood was last decade. As far as fit-n-finish,... well my CTS-V scores quite high in that category. I also think it is a bit unfair to judge the current V against 08's and earlier. The 09 is a total rebuild over the last generation, and in many areas over the 08.

I've had mine for a little over 3 months now, and it has been solid. Aside from having to have the UltraView replaced, I have not experience not one early problem. On the other hand, I had to take my C32 to the dealership three times within the first 6 months of delivery. IC pump failure, faulty radiator, a symphony of tranny problems stemming from the faulty radiator,... a lot of stuff that you would think a quality operation would catch before hitting the streets. So these things can be said for just about any brand,... and I mean any. I've heard stories of Farrari owners having access to their brand new never before titled cars only a day before having to give it up for months,... just to get stuff fixed.

Bottom line, Caddy has done a fine job with the 09 CTS-V. Some say the turn-around as been a couple years in the making,... I can't testify to that, I was too busy turning my nose up to anything with wheels made in America to notice. And if I had not stumbled onto the 09 V the way I did, I prolly would still be splashing about in my bias. I would also prollly be the proud owner of a C63.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:57 AM

^ I can agree to that. I was very suprised when our special ordered ml63 came in. ( arctic on tan ) I expectecd a little more for 90k but the 0-60 performance is pretty badass
Old 05-17-2009, 03:19 PM

STi
Originally Posted by datablocks
In less than 3 weeks I bought a C63 AMG and really love it - but its not a manual and it left me wanting..

Yesterday I traded in my old 06 CTSV for the new manual V

What a beast! I am now going to have to tune the C63 to keep upto it
It corners better (Magnetic ride control is amazing), out accelerates, better on fuel (for those who actually care), and is the ultimate sleeper!!

From my point of view, the fit & finish is far above and beyond any other GM vehicle I have ever been in & owned. As good or better than the C63.
I took it over to my local MB dealer and they were blown away, the whole staff came out to adore & go for rides

The V is far more bang for you buck as well over the 63.. all the same options/features + more for the same price

If GM was selling cars like this 2-3 years ago, they would never be in the trouble they are in now

Only problem I have now is which car to choose from the stable when I go somewhere! Will have to toss a coin or something

John
How can we debate against your unbaise opinion on either cars because you have driven/owned both of these 2 fine cars. Good decision.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Razorecko, you have one sweet looking Caddy.
I took notice of the CTS-V ever since they made there racing debut on Speed a few years back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Old 05-17-2009, 03:21 PM

STi
Originally Posted by ericpd
Bottom line, Caddy has done a fine job with the 09 CTS-V. Some say the turn-around as been a couple years in the making,... I can't testify to that, I was too busy turning my nose up to anything with wheels made in America to notice. And if I had not stumbled onto the 09 V the way I did, I prolly would still be splashing about in my bias. I would also prollly be the proud owner of a C63.
Cuddos to you for not being brand bias. But I'd understand for those that do.

Last edited by bluert; 05-18-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:38 PM

'09 C63 AMG, '06 CTS-V
Originally Posted by bluert
Cuddos to you for not being brand bias. But I do also can understand for those that do.
You "do also can understand"?

Whatchu talkin' 'bout Willis?
Old 05-18-2009, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Originally Posted by bluert
Cuddos to you for not being brand bias. But I do also can understand for those that do.
No gym for home.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:33 AM

09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by ericpd
I don't know man,... my interior is quite spectacular compared to my 03 C32, and when I was shopping the C63 against the CtS-V, it fared quited well in comparison to the C63. Talk about a cheap cheesy impression,... that is exactly what I got when I first sat in the cockpit of the C63. A sea of plastic! I hear you on the CF but you'd be hard pressed to find true carbon fibre in many cars,... simulated CF is an industry wide phenom these days as simulated wood was last decade. As far as fit-n-finish,... well my CTS-V scores quite high in that category. I also think it is a bit unfair to judge the current V against 08's and earlier. The 09 is a total rebuild over the last generation, and in many areas over the 08.

I've had mine for a little over 3 months now, and it has been solid. Aside from having to have the UltraView replaced, I have not experience not one early problem. On the other hand, I had to take my C32 to the dealership three times within the first 6 months of delivery. IC pump failure, faulty radiator, a symphony of tranny problems stemming from the faulty radiator,... a lot of stuff that you would think a quality operation would catch before hitting the streets. So these things can be said for just about any brand,... and I mean any. I've heard stories of Farrari owners having access to their brand new never before titled cars only a day before having to give it up for months,... just to get stuff fixed.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:07 AM

STi
Originally Posted by thwalkerjr
You "do also can understand"?

Whatchu talkin' 'bout Willis?
There it's been fixed. You guys are the best.
Sorry if this offend some of you Cuddos to you for not being brand bias. I guessed it did?
Old 05-18-2009, 10:32 AM

2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Originally Posted by mugatu22
The CTSVs interior and initial quality are both subpar IMO for a car in that price class. The cheap laminate-looking CF interior panels, the fit & finish between the interior pieces...ugh. Just American through and through...ie, cheaply done. Merc & BMW kil Chevy/Ford in those categories alone.
Have you seen the fake carbon fiber in the new M3? Nobody seems to rag on that POS drab interior...
Old 05-18-2009, 10:47 AM

[QUOTE=yaymitch;3526220]A friend of mine went from the M3 to a V two years ago and he has had nothing but problems with it and is still trying to get it declared a lemon. QUOTE]

The V of two years ago is NOT the same as the new one. I had an '05 V and went through 4 rear differentials...a known weak link in the drivetrain. Then again, I can't blame GM for it completely since I was pushing 480hp/445tq to the wheels and always drove it like I stole it. On the road courses and drags I never had Lotus, Porsche, BMW, MB, Aston, Subie, Mitsu (etc) guys coming up to me saying things like 'sure you just raped me on the track but your car is a piece of crap.' I did, however, have a few stuck-up guys that wouldn't talk to me much after I lapped them in a Caddy.

At the end of the day, MOST American cars are pretty solid as far as the 'get me to work and back' parts. It's the perceived lack of quality you get from the cheap interior plastics and bizarre exterior moldings that make people say they'll fall apart after a few years. Truth is, you look out on the street and see plenty of old American cars still humming along just fine. My 1995 F250 has 115k miles on it and I pretty much just need to change the oil now and then. My '05 CTT needs a quart of oil every 1000 miles (which is considered "normal").
Old 05-18-2009, 12:32 PM

2004 C230K Sport Sedan
I guess the less than flattering comments on the CTS-V are to be expected here, but it really comes across as if most of you are not actually performance car enthusiasts. The C63 is a good option for those wanting a fast, smaller sedan. The CTS-V is more comparable to the E-Class. It is a more substanital car. From several angles the C leaves you with that "hey, what happened to the rest of the car" feeling, kind of like the 1 Series BMW. A President at my company had a pretty accurate quote. He said " the C-Class is a very nice car for a young professional woman just starting out her career". As for the reliability comments, I had a 2007 CTS-V for 3 years, without one issue. Granted, the interior was very cheap looking (no rattles or any issues though). They fixed that with the new V. It might not be Audi quality, but I don't see it being any worse than the C63's. For those of you who can't appreciate either (1) any other brand than MB or (2) any American brand, you should enjoy your entry level C-Class and hopefully one day you will make your way up to the E-Class/S-Class boards. By the way (and sadly enough), I currently own a C300.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:59 PM

2009 C63 K1
Originally Posted by 03miamisnake
For those of you who can't appreciate either (1) any other brand than MB or (2) any American brand, you should enjoy your entry level C-Class and hopefully one day you will make your way up to the E-Class/S-Class boards. By the way (and sadly enough), I currently own a C300.
Don't lump the C63 in w/ the C300/350's. If you think they are in anyway similar then your posts have officially become irrelevant. The C63 is more agile than any E or S series AMG will ever be. I wanted a sports car not a luxury sedan with power and no agility. I have no issues with the CTS-V other than I was super scared to invest in an American Car (not truck). I thought it was way too risky for my money. As far as performance I am resigned to the fact the the CTS-V is faster and may handle better but I just didn't think the risk was worth it. Daimler dumped Chrysler because they brought 'em down in reliability and financial stability as any American car company would've. At least you Cadillac owners can rest easy knowing the US Gov't. will back your warranties when GM goes out of business.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
Let's see if this thread can go 17 pages.....keep it up
Old 05-18-2009, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by yaymitch
Don't lump the C63 in w/ the C300/350's. If you think they are in anyway similar then your posts have officially become irrelevant.
...and yet it seems all too common to not only lump the '09 CTS-V in with not only the regular CTS (which is also very different than the V) but, even more unbelievable, every single other American car ever produced since 1920.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Originally Posted by SeattleBum
...and yet it seems all too common to not only lump the '09 CTS-V in with not only the regular CTS (which is also very different than the V) but, even more unbelievable, every single other American car ever produced since 1920.
Except the 1983 Corvette. That was the greatest American car ever made. Way better than the CTS-V.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:29 PM

2009 C63 K1
Quite a reach there...
Old 05-18-2009, 10:46 PM

09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by 03miamisnake
you should enjoy your entry level C-Class and hopefully one day you will make your way up to the E-Class/S-Class boards. By the way (and sadly enough), I currently own a C300.
I don’t want an S or E class... If I did I would have bought one, not everyone who has a C63 got it because they couldn’t afford a more expensive AMG, maybe the C63 was their preference over the other models... I personally would rather have the C63 over most other 63's, except for the SL63 and CLK63 BS...

Just because you are a car enthusiast does NOT mean that you have to like or appreciate every car with 500 horses... Just because the CTS-V has a lot of power doesn’t mean I will like it, even though I love performance sport cars... There are many other factors that come in to play when determining your opinion of a vehicle...

How can you not, well maybe not that far back in time. But a company is only as good as its track record, so until these American company's can prove otherwise and produce a sports car without all the flaws and “cheesiness” that they ALL have then I will continue to have the mentality that they are all inferior compared to German or Italian sport cars, which is a FACT. I don’t understand why this is so hard for some people to swallow, if you chose to purchase a CTS-V, Corvette or any other American car, it shouldn’t surprise you or upset you that other cars in its class will be superior, which is how it’s been since I can remember...
Old 05-18-2009, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
[QUOTE=1st amg;3527069]Not sure how so, the C63 is the only AMG ever built that they actually widened the track of the car, the front end is extended by about four inches, this car was the only car out of the AMG factory where they actually modified it susbstantially, all the other AMG vehicles have had everything bolted on, such as engine, tires, exhaust, suspension, wheels, interior bits etc.

The C55 was lengthend 3.1" to get the 5.4 motor in.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Checked out the new CTS-V and...