Sponsored by:

Checked out the new CTS-V and...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C32 AMG & 2009 CTS-V
Originally Posted by soldier2304
CTS-V and IS-F= Nice try but not quite impressing...
I would agree with that, but you left off two important words. Those two words: 'people yet'! The sentence should have read, "CTS-V and IS-F = Nice try but not quite impressing people yet!

Then again,... I'm not sure I'd lump the CTS-V with the IS-F. Both are demanding entry into the club, but are using very different approaches. One is using gadgetry and technology to liven up it's application and the other is relying on making brut force and attention to keeping its feet on the ground to strengthen its application. The impression I'm left with is that the IS-F has in its cross-hairs the Audi, while the CTS-V targets the M and AMG tuners!
Old 05-20-2009, 07:05 PM

STi
This American build super car isn't all that bad. I would take this thing over any other super car.
http://www.shelbysupercars.com/car-specs.php

1287 hp and 1114 tq
27xx lbs
2.78 second 0-60mph
9.9 @ 144 mph in a quarter mile
256.16 mph top speed
8 piston front and 6 piston rear brakes

I guess American can built very nice car too?

Last edited by bluert; 05-20-2009 at 07:16 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:09 PM

C63
American build the best jet in the world, what makes you think they build suckass cars?
Old 05-20-2009, 08:36 PM

STi
Originally Posted by wuyichao
American build the best jet in the world, what makes you think they build suckass cars?
I was just being sarcastic with the debate in this thread about how America build ****ty cars vs their foreign counterpart.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:46 AM

09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by bluert
This American build super car isn't all that bad. I would take this thing over any other super car.

I guess American can built very nice car too?

HAHAHAHA I really hope that was a joke... you would take that car over ANY other super car

Old 05-21-2009, 01:01 AM

09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by ericpd
You've got to be kidding us. C'mon DaGS,... you oughta know better than that! I may have to re-evaluate my impression of you being a knowledgeable car enthusiast. True, those cars you named do have paddle shifters, but those paddles are sending shift instructions to manual transmissions not automatics with torque converters and planetary gears. Think SMG (Sequential Manual Gearbox),... something else MB doesn't seem to recognize the need to offer. There's a big difference between a manual transmission behind a multiple-clutch assembly and fitted with an electronic shifter operated from the steering wheel, and a regular old slush box fitted with paddle shifters designed to only give the driver the illusion of sequential manual up and down shifting. A HUGE difference. My aunt's Kia Sorento has nothing less than what the C63 sports,... only difference is she does her pseudo manual shifts using the same stick on the floor she normally uses to go from Park to Drive, while you do the same very thing with plastic paddles on your steering wheel. Many enthusiasts consider paddle shifters married to an automatic nothing more than a shameless marketing ploy. Hell, the Edsel did the same thing with buttons,... so did Desoto. However,... I did read somewhere that MB was experimenting with a box that replaces the torque converter with an oil filled clutch assembly, but whatever strides made with this strategy is totally neutralized by the continued use of internal planetary gears. The box still operates as an automatic,... and what's up with flooding a component with oil where friction is the primary objective. What's up wit dat?

I didn't hear Razor say he bought the V simply and ONLY because it offered a manual transmission. I heard him say something entirely different. As for me, the manual option offered on the CTS-V was only ONE FACTOR I considered in making my decision,... although an important factor, but still only one.

Do a little more reading before you set off making comments about what cars like the Ferrari and Lambo does, and does not have. And above all, make an effort to understand and fully grasp what you read. Comparing the paddle shifters on the C63 to the paddle shifters on those cars, even the paddle shifters on the less exotic M3, is nothing more than you screaming loudly to all of us here that you know not what you're talking about.
Bro you think you're so smart... You really think I don’t know the difference between the C63 tranny and SMG or Ferrari trannys.... My POINT was that regardless of that difference they are NOT stick shifts... PERIOD. I am not getting into a ridiculous argument with you about things I didn’t even imply. You seem to bring up these ridiculous points a bunch of times now. I think you're the one who should do the reading since you are mistaken EVERYTIME, another example of your stupidity would be the physics debate we had over a similar engine in a smaller car would be faster than the larger car... remember that one, when you brought in complete obscured points that had nothing to do with the argument I was making. Well this is very similar. I don’t need you to lecture me on the difference between the trannys, because that was not the point, and believe me I probably know much more than you do about them.

I will say it again, I was NOT comparing the C63 and SMG type tranny, I was just simply stating that even cars of THOSE calibers do NOT offer a stick shift. Why don’t you try comprehending while reading, before you speak and make a ridiculous comment and embarrass yourself. You're the fool, and clearly you don’t know what you're talking about either when you can’t understand a simple comparison, which has happened on more than one occasion now (as stated above)

AND Razor DID say he likes driving a stick shift which is why he got the CTS-V over the C63, so why don’t you try reading his post and mine again then try again with another more educated response after you fully understand what was said and how it was directed in the argument/point.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:07 AM

09' C63 AMG
I would agree with that, but you left off two important words. Those two words: 'people yet'! The sentence should have read, "CTS-V and IS-F = Nice try but not quite impressing people yet!

Then again,... I'm not sure I'd lump the CTS-V with the IS-F. Both are demanding entry into the club, but are using very different approaches. One is using gadgetry and technology to liven up it's application and the other is relying on making brut force and attention to keeping its feet on the ground to strengthen its application. The impression I'm left with is that the IS-F has in its cross-hairs the Audi, while the CTS-V targets the M and AMG tuners!
LOL you really are a clown, I am just appalled by your level of stupidity yet at the same time it is rather entertaining...
Old 05-21-2009, 06:31 AM

STi
Originally Posted by DaGS1800
HAHAHAHA I really hope that was a joke... you would take that car over ANY other super car

It has all that I am looking in ultra high performance super car, it has the looks and performance. The only thing it doesn't have is that famous badge - Ferrari, Porche, MB, BMW... that's ok by me, I judge them on looks/performance/price. I am on the side of - the new kid on the block, the underdog.
What other production car that's faster than this thing?
That's my perference. No wrong or right.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:50 AM

Bro you think you're so smart... You really think I don’t know the difference between the C63 tranny and SMG or Ferrari trannys.... My POINT was that regardless of that difference they are NOT stick shifts... PERIOD. I am not getting into a ridiculous argument with you about things I didn’t even imply. You seem to bring up these ridiculous points a bunch of times now. I think you're the one who should do the reading since you are mistaken EVERYTIME, another example of your stupidity would be the physics debate we had over a similar engine in a smaller car would be faster than the larger car... remember that one, when you brought in complete obscured points that had nothing to do with the argument I was making. Well this is very similar. I don’t need you to lecture me on the difference between the trannys, because that was not the point, and believe me I probably know much more than you do about them.

I will say it again, I was NOT comparing the C63 and SMG type tranny, I was just simply stating that even cars of THOSE calibers do NOT offer a stick shift. Why don’t you try comprehending while reading, before you speak and make a ridiculous comment and embarrass yourself. You're the fool, and clearly you don’t know what you're talking about either when you can’t understand a simple comparison, which has happened on more than one occasion now (as stated above)

AND Razor DID say he likes driving a stick shift which is why he got the CTS-V over the C63, so why don’t you try reading his post and mine again then try again with another more educated response after you fully understand what was said and how it was directed in the argument/point.
No,... you re-read your words. And do it before tryin' to launch a defense for them. Otherwise that defense will come out weak and transparent,... as is the case here. If you got from Razor's comment that he prefers a "stick" to literally mean a metal rod coming out of the floor, then it's clear you left public school too soon. Razor's comment was about his preference between automatic vs manual,... not the location of the shifting controls. You should give up if you perceived any differently.

Last edited by ericpd; 05-21-2009 at 10:33 AM.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:37 AM

It wasnt just the stick shift that swayed me. Things like the ventilated seats on a black on black car in chicago summers def made a difference. The very intelligent nav system. Etc etc. The c63 is pretty base inside. Its a mean looking ******* but when seeing it in person I found it actually a little too small for my taste also. Off topic if you C guys are looking for new tires i'd seriously look into the nitto invos' - they grip alot better than the ps2's that i had. I chirped every shift all the way up until 4th but never broke any traction yesterday. Even with trac off. They dont handle as sharply as the ps2's but it was nothing a few extra lbs of air couldnt fix

Last edited by Razorecko; 05-21-2009 at 10:41 AM.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Razorecko
It wasnt just the stick shift that swayed me. Things like the ventilated seats on a black on black car in chicago summers def made a difference. The very intelligent nav system. Etc etc. The c63 is pretty base inside. Its a mean looking ******* but when seeing it in person I found it actually a little too small for my taste also. Off topic if you C guys are looking for new tires i'd seriously look into the nitto invos' - they grip alot better than the ps2's that i had. I chirped every shift all the way up until 4th but never broke any traction yesterday. Even with trac off. They dont handle as sharply as the ps2's but it was nothing a few extra lbs of air couldnt fix
Yeah,... I almost totally forgot to talk about our ventilated seats. Can't wait for a sweltering Baltimore summer day to really to put those ventilated Recaro to the test. Since delivery, it has been neither cold enough or hot enough to even put heated or ventilated seats into play. Coming from my C32, I saw the internal volume of the C63 as an upgrade and improvement for sure. But looking at the cars in your sig, I can understand your seeing it a little on the small side. So that didn't effect my decision as much as it did yours,... still the even greater internal volume of the V was an added extra.

Last edited by ericpd; 05-21-2009 at 09:03 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:39 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Razorecko
my car is currently running on nitto invo. they arent as good as stock pzero imo, neither cornering nor straight line acceleration, you dont feel as confident when you car runs on pzero. i wanna try different tires before i put on PS2, im pretty sure that PS2 and Pzero are the best performance tires you can get in the market.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
The CTS-V has my interest but I'm still not on-board.

BTW objectively speaking, the CTS-V I sat in & drove felt claustrophobic to me. The total interior volume may be as big or larger than a C63 but it certainly didn't feel like it to me. Caddy's design team seemed to want an enveloping, wrap-around style cabin, and cool if that's your style...it just didn't work for me. I felt like thing were too close, too much of a cockpit style. And don't get me started on the plastics
Old 05-22-2009, 12:03 PM

2009 C63 K1
It is shocking that GM would not make good use of the interior space it has to work with.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:20 PM

2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Originally Posted by yaymitch
It is shocking that GM would not make good use of the interior space it has to work with.
What point are you trying to make? All GM cars are small? Huh? My Cayenne SUV has smaller back seat space than my '05 CTSV had and the front seat area is just as tight as about every single other vehicle I have ever rode in - American or foreign. Really man, you're just starting to say off the wall stuff for no reason.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:25 PM

2009 C63 K1
Originally Posted by SeattleBum
What point are you trying to make? All GM cars are small? Huh? My Cayenne SUV has smaller back seat space than my '05 CTSV had and the front seat area is just as tight as about every single other vehicle I have ever rode in - American or foreign. Really man, you're just starting to say off the wall stuff for no reason.
Calm down. Buy American and celebrate that you did. Their products are so good that our government is the only thing keeping them in business. I am not going to argue with you anymore over how good a defunct car company is.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:25 PM

2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Originally Posted by mugatu22
And don't get me started on the plastics
Why is it that everyone gets so hung up on dissing the plastics in American cars? On every single car forum I belong to this happens. Have you sat in the equivalent price Honda, Subaru, Mitsubishi or Toyota lately? Cheap, cheap, cheap interior plastics. Nobody bashes them for it... I'd say the average priced American car made by GM right now has better interior plastics and layouts than the Japanese competition. I won't include the German cars b/c their interiors are better executed. Then again, most are $10-50k more in price so that isn't really fair anyway.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:21 PM

The CTS-V has my interest but I'm still not on-board.

BTW objectively speaking, the CTS-V I sat in & drove felt claustrophobic to me. The total interior volume may be as big or larger than a C63 but it certainly didn't feel like it to me. Caddy's design team seemed to want an enveloping, wrap-around style cabin, and cool if that's your style...it just didn't work for me. I felt like thing were too close, too much of a cockpit style. And don't get me started on the plastics
Ahhh,... the plastics! Yeah, they are a little overused, but plastics are too heavily used in just about every car out there. Some do a better job of blending and making their use more obscure than others,... but they're all over the place. But you'll get used to it,... it took me all of 3 days to begin focusing my eyes and attention on other more cool stuff about the car. Took about the same time to do the same with the C32 as well.

You're right,... Caddy did designed the cockpit to kinda give you that wrap-around feel. I notice it especially while driving at night. I guess liking the feeling is subjective thing like you say,... I kinda like it. But as with the plastic, this too quickly falls way down on the list of likes-n-dislikes,... so fast you quickly forget about it. What does stick to your ribs is that NASA like feeling when you try punching holes in your floorboard with your right foot. You'll never get used to that. You'll discover some bonuses too the longer you have it. I've discovered GM has included an option to encourage quite. When riding with the wife, and she's justa yappin' be it about her sister, her day at work, I left my socks on the floor,... whatever, I just slam down on the gas pedal and she gets quiet real quick. All the yappin' stops! My only fear is she'll one day put a hole in the passenger side floor board tryin' to put on brakes!

Whatever you get,... have fun, be proud of it, and drive safely while driving it like you stole it!
Old 05-22-2009, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by yaymitch
Calm down. Buy American and celebrate that you did. Their products are so good that our government is the only thing keeping them in business. I am not going to argue with you anymore over how good a defunct car company is.
Pathetic post.

GM's problems have absolutely ZERO to do with the CTSV
Old 05-22-2009, 04:41 PM

2009 C63 K1
Originally Posted by Oliverk
Pathetic post.

GM's problems have absolutely ZERO to do with the CTSV
I did not specifically mention the CTS-V. I am talking about the company that manufactured the car not the actual car. Hey, the CTS-V is nice, fast and handles well. So is the Corvette, both very nice cars.

The concern for me is that they are backed by a mismanaged company and that scared the crap out of me when considering spending $70-80k. Especially since the future of the company is so uncertain. I do not expect you to have the same concerns and I encourage anyone without those concerns to buy American. Heck, it is good for our economy when people buy American.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:30 PM

09' C63 AMG
No,... you re-read your words. And do it before tryin' to launch a defense for them. Otherwise that defense will come out weak and transparent,... as is the case here. If you got from Razor's comment that he prefers a "stick" to literally mean a metal rod coming out of the floor, then it's clear you left public school too soon. Razor's comment was about his preference between automatic vs manual,... not the location of the shifting controls. You should give up if you perceived any differently.
My words are simply stated, the problem is that you go beyond simplicity and bring in ridiculous factors. There is no weak argument here (besides yours), and YES a stick shift is different than an SMG tranny... maybe they are more alike than different, BUT still different. Maybe Razor did mean he prefers those also, but if you read his words you will see that is not what he said. BTW those trannys have many differences along with where the shifting controls are located. Therefore your argument is weak because it is flawed. This is not an attempt to defend my comments, just a further explanation to make it easier for you to understand. You are wrong again, and you are clearly not capable of understanding comparisons or arguments, especially since this wasn’t the first time. Last time you apologized for your stupidity, no need to this time.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:35 PM

09' C63 AMG
When riding with the wife, and she's justa yappin' be it about her sister, her day at work, I left my socks on the floor,... whatever, I just slam down on the gas pedal and she gets quiet real quick. All the yappin' stops! My only fear is she'll one day put a hole in the passenger side floor board tryin' to put on brakes!
LOL so true.... I do this to my GF almost everytimes shes in the car
Old 05-23-2009, 07:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
Originally Posted by SeattleBum
Why is it that everyone gets so hung up on dissing the plastics in American cars? .....

I won't include the German cars b/c their interiors are better executed.
This is simply my point. The American car plastics IMO are inferior due to fit & finish, feel and overall quality. I'll admit I'm hung up on the new CTS-V's plasticky fake carbon fiber trim. It pisses me off that a vehicle that nice, fast and powerful has that type of crap installed. It's insulting that GM thinks they can get away with that and no one will notice.

My wife's $35K German car dashboard is so tight in every single area, you couldn't wedge a credit card between any of the seams no matter how hard you try. Try this with an American car, even a $50K+ one, and you'll fit a stack of credit cards in some places. It's sad.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:43 PM

LOL so true.... I do this to my GF almost everytimes shes in the car
Yeah man,... it's like there's a string from the pedal to their mouths. Press the pedal and the string pulls the mouth shut! You're right, that's some funny stuff!
Old 05-24-2009, 01:45 PM

This is simply my point. The American car plastics IMO are inferior due to fit & finish, feel and overall quality. I'll admit I'm hung up on the new CTS-V's plasticky fake carbon fiber trim. It pisses me off that a vehicle that nice, fast and powerful has that type of crap installed. It's insulting that GM thinks they can get away with that and no one will notice.

My wife's $35K German car dashboard is so tight in every single area, you couldn't wedge a credit card between any of the seams no matter how hard you try. Try this with an American car, even a $50K+ one, and you'll fit a stack of credit cards in some places. It's sad.
I'll agree on the spacing that it can be done to tighter specs. But what really impressed me was if you open the hood you would not be able to tell that this was an american built car. Every hose, pipe,etc is really high quality and tightly built. I blame the UAW on any interior spacing /noise flaws. They're the fawkers putting american cars togethor and I have a deep sense that if they feel they're having an off day or might not get paid their $50 /hr with benefits they will slop the car togethor. Its a case of GM trying to get their sh*t togethor yet they still have a barrel of monkey's putting the car togethor. The interior is above and beyond previous years but to make it 100% comparable to the german's/ and japanese (high brand like lexus) they will need to kick those lazy *** lunch break beer drinking baboons out of the work line and replace them with someone who has some pride in their work.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Checked out the new CTS-V and...