H&R OR EVOSPORT COILOVERS ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
H&R OR EVOSPORT COILOVERS ?

anyone using h&r or evosport coilovers ? just wondering what the difference is to the kw's . do they ride the same or not ?
Old 05-16-2009, 03:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
KW is the best IMO.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
anyone using h&r or evosport coilovers ? just wondering what the difference is to the kw's . do they ride the same or not ?
We sell the H&R coil-overs, they are not ours. Often we have H&R make a special valving for us, but for the C63, it is just about perfect as they made it!

We feel that there is no better option in the world and have proudly been H&R's number one Mercedes dealer for 8+ years!

Thanks
brad
Old 07-10-2009, 08:18 AM

2009 C63
I run Motons on my GT3 Cup car and they are the best IMHO. I am waiting for them to come out with something for the Merc.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Founder

Motons are a decent damper. We are a reseller and have them on some of the race cars. However, Sachs or Ohlins are the best. We run a lot of race cars and have the benefit of seeing and using all of the better bits, which allows us to see for ourself what is marketing and what is real. As to the best dampers, it is easy to find - ask the companies that make the shock dyno's. They see them all and know what is what.

None of this matters, as none of these companies will ever make anything for the benz. We can do custom sachs or ohlins or JRZ, but the cost is 8K ish as they are custom.

Thanks
brad
Old 07-11-2009, 03:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
Originally Posted by otoupalik
Motons are a decent damper. We are a reseller and have them on some of the race cars. However, Sachs or Ohlins are the best. We run a lot of race cars and have the benefit of seeing and using all of the better bits, which allows us to see for ourself what is marketing and what is real. As to the best dampers, it is easy to find - ask the companies that make the shock dyno's. They see them all and know what is what.

None of this matters, as none of these companies will ever make anything for the benz. We can do custom sachs or ohlins or JRZ, but the cost is 8K ish as they are custom.

Thanks
brad
Brad, What is your opinion for Bilstein? I have a friend that works at the factory and I can get a great discount.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:46 AM

2009 C63
Motons are the same as JRZ but slightly better. The Moton guys came from JRZ. Just an FYI. I raced on JRZs for 7 years and had them rebuilt every season. the Motons have lasted 2 years so far no issues with nitrogen leakage or anything. I am looking at the KW variant 3's. Has anyone installed them ? Are they too harsh for the roads ?
Old 07-13-2009, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Founder

Originally Posted by AMGC60-3
Brad, What is your opinion for Bilstein? I have a friend that works at the factory and I can get a great discount.
Bilstein is a good question, the answer is that it depends on which damper you are using from them. I would never use a PS9 kit. However, they do make some nice parts. The PS9 has a problem that they had to artificially limit the travel internal to the damper to make room for the adjuster.

Originally Posted by andrew89930
Motons are the same as JRZ but slightly better. The Moton guys came from JRZ. Just an FYI. I raced on JRZs for 7 years and had them rebuilt every season. the Motons have lasted 2 years so far no issues with nitrogen leakage or anything. I am looking at the KW variant 3's. Has anyone installed them ? Are they too harsh for the roads ?
Maybe 3+ years ago they were the same, but the newest JRZ is far from the same and is way better then the Moton IMHO.

As an FYI to add more clarity to your comment: JRZ had three partners (J, R and Z). One stayed, one went to found Moton and one went to found ProTrac. So yes, they were VERY similar. However, that has changed very much with the latest advancements that JRZ made.

We are not even a JRZ dealer, we are a Moton and Sachs one. However, I will not use Motons on my own cars any longer. They are just not up to the same level of other dampers that cost the same amount.

And when you rebuild your Motons, don't ask for anything special, because you CANNOT. There are no adjustments you can make to the valving. You cannot use digressive or progressive dampening, or different piston profiles. You use what Moton gives you. That alone takes Moton out of the running to be a TOP level damper compared to Sachs or Ohlins.

They have great marketing though!
Old 07-13-2009, 01:48 PM

2009 C63
What JRZ would you compare the Moton Motorsport 4 ways to ? This is what is on my GT3 CUP now. Sounds like I should look at the JRZs
Old 07-13-2009, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Founder

I would have to do some research as I have not set-up any cup cars with JRZ's yet. I have done the 4-way Moton Motorsports as well as 3-way Moton Motorsports on BMW e46 chassis. And frankly, they never met my expectations.

I can find out the JRZ options for you if you would like, it is not a problem.

thanks
brad
Old 07-13-2009, 02:48 PM

2009 C63
i just spent about 10 grand on the Motons so I am going to race them until the end of this season. I would like to hear what JRZ say has to comapre though

you can email me here thompsonmotorsports@gmail.com

thanks !
Old 07-20-2009, 07:47 PM
MBWorld Founder

Sachs or Ohlins would be the logical next step, not JRZ. If you do want to switch at some point, let me know!

thanks
brad