Sponsored by:

Guys, I am frustrated with my HID fog lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Fully loaded C63 AMG - black on black and CF trim; 2006 Lexus IS250 AWD;
Unhappy Guys, I am frustrated with my HID fog lights

After my HID fog lights ballasts keep burning out for more than three times and being replaced, I am totally frustrated

I am seriously doubt about the quality of the HID kit I got installed on and also place they store the ballasts...

They(the guys from garage) used to store the ballasts just behind the fog light bulb, but after them broke out twice, they changed the place to store them (away from those bulbs, more closer to the center and with cable-ties tied to some pipes), but didnt work either!!!

I have two questions right now:

1): To all who have their fog lights changed into HIDs, where did u get your kits and installed(I am from GTA, hopefully some local shops can do the job properly)?

2): The most important one: where did u store the ballasts? Did any one of you have come across to the same situation I have?

I am totally depressed and have no idea what to do next. Hopefully any one of you can help me
Old 05-17-2009, 04:04 PM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204
hey, it is suppose to burn out quickly if you odnt have a good quality set because ever time you make a turn the bulbs turn on

so it will go

on / off / on / off / on off
Old 05-17-2009, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jeffield
hey, it is suppose to burn out quickly if you odnt have a good quality set because ever time you make a turn the bulbs turn on

so it will go

on / off / on / off / on off
yeah, I know dat if we dun turn it on constantly during night time, it will go on and off again and again. But, beside dat default function of the car, are there any other concerns about changing them by HID???
Old 05-17-2009, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 c63, 2010 E63
if you're seriously bummed about it, why not just change it back to the stock bulbs?
Old 05-17-2009, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Car Whore
speak in proper English as well please.

"DUN" "DAT" are idiot words.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:24 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E350 Sport & Rs6
Check out Kbcarstuff.com, I just had to swap out a set myself. This time it only cost me $120.

My previous pairs lasted: 1 1/2 year's or so and I didn't store the ballast in a safe place...

The first thing that comes to mind is, the "turning function" has to be eating your ballast.

I would check into another set and drive straight at night! J/k.....Check out the "Volt" kits. They look like a OEM Ballast! Maybe it's switch is better than others.....

Last edited by Autoscope; 05-17-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
'08 C63 AMG (turned in for lease)
Originally Posted by Fantasm
speak in proper English as well please.

"DUN" "DAT" are idiot words.
I mean yeah homez, iz i the only multi plat lyricist on here or what brah? Even tho we be makin a livin rappin lets talk propuh!!!

Say up, os a lam a laika, one love!
Old 05-18-2009, 12:34 AM

'09 C63 AMG, '06 CTS-V
Originally Posted by Danny_Boy
I mean yeah homez, iz i the only multi plat lyricist on here or what brah? Even tho we be makin a livin rappin lets talk propuh!!!

Say up, os a lam a laika, one love!
Weez gotzta spizneak priznoper but diznanny biznoy I fizneel yiznou on dat riznappin tiznip on da rizneal.

Peace.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:03 AM

Mitsubishi evo9
I thought you can't change HID into Mercs unless you get this resistor thingy that tells the computer in the car that the voltage/amp/etc is exactly the same as the stock globe??

Or am i talking about something totally different?
Old 05-18-2009, 03:21 AM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204
Originally Posted by Edi-no-son
I thought you can't change HID into Mercs unless you get this resistor thingy that tells the computer in the car that the voltage/amp/etc is exactly the same as the stock globe??

Or am i talking about something totally different?
yeah i believe thats the ballast
Old 05-18-2009, 07:27 AM

Mitsubishi evo9
So doesn't that mean that's the problem the OP is running into??
Old 05-18-2009, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
I got my kit from xenonking.com . I also purchased the cancellor relay with my kit . I had to customize my existing harness from the stock foglamp to hold the h.i.d.'s but it works like a champ and i have had the kit now for about 4 months without any issues . This is the 8th pair of h.i.d.'s that i have purchased from xenonking and i have never had a problem with any of them . They are very helpful .
Old 05-18-2009, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Adam@Autoscope
Check out Kbcarstuff.com, I just had to swap out a set myself. This time it only cost me $120.

My previous pairs lasted: 1 1/2 year's or so and I didn't store the ballast in a safe place...

The first thing that comes to mind is, the "turning function" has to be eating your ballast.

I would check into another set and drive straight at night! J/k.....Check out the "Volt" kits. They look like a OEM Ballast! Maybe it's switch is better than others.....
Thanks very much for your help, dude.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
I got my kit from xenonking.com . I also purchased the cancellor relay with my kit . I had to customize my existing harness from the stock foglamp to hold the h.i.d.'s but it works like a champ and i have had the kit now for about 4 months without any issues . This is the 8th pair of h.i.d.'s that i have purchased from xenonking and i have never had a problem with any of them . They are very helpful .
yea, dat's wat procedures I did with mine; and also one of my frd who has his HID fog light installed, so far not having any issues. but I have no idea how come da ballast keep burning out I'll be very appreciated if u can tell me da exact location dat u install or put da ballast. and then I can tell da garage man to have a try with a new set of ballast.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
Promax HID kit for my heads and fogs. No flickering, no errors, and no issues so far. Ballasts are larger than the slim lines, but priced aggressively.