C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone interested in Co-leasing a C63?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So what you mean is, I'm gonna bound myself to a car that I'll have no opportunity to drive in YOUR 2 years, then when YOUR FUN is up I'll get the car for 2 years...AND i get to pick how the car is optioned? that's one hell of a f'ing deal...

I think I'd have to be desperate beyond desperate, not to mention mildly..er scratch that, really ret**ded to put myself in debt like that with no benefits in the 2 years time.. i mean how much is the upfront? 7-8k?
Old 05-19-2009, 08:35 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Has anybody searched this poster's age, post history and what it contains, etc. I think that will explain most.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
[Post 28 is available for lease. Commanding view of page one from a quaint outlook near the top of page two. People with special needs and disabilities are welcome. No pets please. Offer won’t last long.]

Last edited by GBlansten; 05-19-2009 at 11:30 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:21 PM

STi
Originally Posted by Ridege55
Any chance you are in Nigeria writing this post?

Old 05-20-2009, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
There is a new car club somewhere in central jersey that allows you to drive the four or five lux cars for a membership fee. I don't know the details yet.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
To the OP: you can't always get what you want. Keep driving yer Su-bob-R-ew and wait a few years.

Oh, and prolly not a good idea to insult members with your first post:

How of curiosity, how old are all you guys and what do you do?

Reason I ask is because I figured this forum would be full of rich 30-40 somethings talking about wines and the finer aspects of life haha...this is a 70k car after all.

From the discussions ive read though, I guess its full of spoiled trust fund kids and drug dealers in their 20's....I was quite surprised to say the least.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by 220S
To the OP: you can't always get what you want. Keep driving yer Su-bob-R-ew and wait a few years.

Oh, and prolly not a good idea to insult members with your first post:
Quite right. Most people wait till their second post to do that.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
Quite right. Most people wait till their second post to do that.
Thanks for the tip on the 2006 Chateau Bossuet Bordeaux Superier. Babs and I plan to open a few bottles this weekend in the Hamptons.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by cdd
I love it. Don't ever be afraid to push the bounds of retardedness.
Remember.....never go full retard!
Old 05-21-2009, 03:52 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
15 GLA 45, 09 C63, 06 WRX STi
hahah wow, I just remembered to check up on this thread. I figured id get some flames for this but not an beat down like this.

It was just an idea, and yes I was serious about it. Im sorry most of you have trust issues, but if you can find someone you trust I believe thats is not a bad idea.

You guys want some background, here it is.

I graduated college a few years ago and picked up a job at a software company...made enough money to pick up my STI which I love.

(and BTW anyone thinking they would get sloppy seconds out of this type of deal, ill send you over pics of my 3 year old STI, and you wont be able to tell a difference between a new one and mine....I love my cars and take care of them)

recently I started my own software company and have been making ALOT more money than I am used too, and dont feel comfortable dumping 65k on a car just yet (even though I can more than afford it), which is why I came up with this idea...which I would pay much less over a standard 2 year lease, and still enjoy the car for two years (never planned on keeping this car for the long run)

I feel like current C63 leases are robbing people, and figured this was a nice way to "beat" the lease system with a low cost lease.

Flame all you want, but my intentions for this post were honest and trustworthy.

PS Thank you for whoever quoted my first post, as this thread only backs up my thoughts that these boards are populated by spoiled trust fund kids
Old 05-21-2009, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 c63, 2010 E63
You seriously came in here and expected people to react in a normal way to your idea? Or someone to take you up on the offer? You must live in an idealistic world because this is reality man and I bet you if you posted in 100 other forums, you wouldn't even get a bite.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jstefanop
hahah wow, I just remembered to check up on this thread. I figured id get some flames for this but not an beat down like this.

It was just an idea, and yes I was serious about it. Im sorry most of you have trust issues, but if you can find someone you trust I believe thats is not a bad idea.

I graduated college a few years ago and picked up a job at a software company...made enough money to pick up my STI which I love.

(and BTW anyone thinking they would get sloppy seconds out of this type of deal, ill send you over pics of my 3 year old STI, and you wont be able to tell a difference between a new one and mine....I love my cars and take care of them)

recently I started my own software company and have been making ALOT more money than I am used too, and dont feel comfortable dumping 65k on a car just yet (even though I can more than afford it), which is why I came up with this idea...which I would pay much less over a standard 2 year lease, and still enjoy the car for two years (never planned on keeping this car for the long run)

I feel like current C63 leases are robbing people, and figured this was a nice way to "beat" the lease system with a low cost lease.

Flame all you want, but my intentions for this post were honest and trustworthy.

PS Thank you for whoever quoted my first post, as this thread only backs up my thoughts that these boards are populated by spoiled trust fund kids
Dude, you came on here asking for a commitment, on a serious topic, on the internet? Did you try a family member? Someone at work? Someone you know beyond a screenname?

You are talking about sharing credit, responsibility, and finding a "trustworthy person" on a friggin' web forum? Are you serious?

Here's an idea dude, go to the dealer, and PREPAY for a 2 year lease. The rate will go down if its prepaid. Drive it the two years, and take it back. One time payment, no other monthly payment on the car (at least for finance.)

There you go. Also, you are talking about investing "scared money" in a depreciating asset. If you are worried about your finances in any way and don't have extra coin to blow without worrying about it, you sure as hell don't put it in a depreciating asset.

This is the internet dude. Half the people on here have a 5 foot long *****, 6 LP640's in the garage, and are banging Jennifer Aniston.

Last edited by dan30252; 05-21-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:11 PM
cdd

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
N/A
If you can afford the car but want to minimize your depreciation hit, then just do this:

Enjoy your STi for a little while longer, wait until the C63's have been in market for 18 months and pick one up in the $40K range.

No need to come up with cockamamy ideas for shared leasing, etc.

Old 05-21-2009, 04:17 PM

2011 E350 4matic
trust...?!? random person with 21 posts on an internet msg board....?!?..... huh?

dude, i wouldn't do this with my dad, let alone a stranger from the internet. its not a trust issue at all, it just wouldn't make any sense at all for either party involved.

it doesn't benefit anyone... from a financial aspect: its insane. from a liability aspect: its insane. from a reality aspect: its not anywhere close to sane.

my advice would be to stick with software, car leasing is not going to work out as well for you.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:27 PM

C55
due diligence = high post count on mbworld. HAHAHHA

retarded post of epic proportions.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:21 PM

2009 C63 AMG

You've opened yourself up to a beating, and you admit it--that's good--it means you have half a brain and there is some hope for you.

So you're in your late 20's, making some good dough. Especially in today's climate, there is nothing more thrilling than money in the bank (IMHO). I'd rather be rolling down "main street" in my STI (presumably paid for) with, say, I don't know...$50,000 cash in a money market at your age while maxing out my 401K (or whatever you have in your company), than anything less than that and driving a C63.

I too started a software company many years ago, and did the 6 figure thing right out of college. I saved fairly well along the way, but not as much as I should have. I went through a rash of both leasing and financing "cool" cars--money that I wish I had saved. Luckily, I just sold my company, made some $$$, and so I have title to both my C63 and 997 twin turbo.

So what's my primary point--save your $$, keep digging your STI, keep focused on growing your business, and set a goal to buy your C63, Lambo, or whatever, with cash.

Don't worry about those spoiled trust fund kids. How can you blame them? Heck, if I had a pile of money from a trust fund, I'd be rollin' in as much bling as I could. There's nothing like hard work, entrepreneurialism, and some luck that gets you into your dream car that you bought with hard-earned cash. A trust fund of any size can't compete with that.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:39 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
You've opened yourself up to a beating, and you admit it--that's good--it means you have half a brain and there is some hope for you.

So you're in your late 20's, making some good dough. Especially in today's climate, there is nothing more thrilling than money in the bank (IMHO). I'd rather be rolling down "main street" in my STI (presumably paid for) with, say, I don't know...$50,000 cash in a money market at your age while maxing out my 401K (or whatever you have in your company), than anything less than that and driving a C63.

I too started a software company many years ago, and did the 6 figure thing right out of college. I saved fairly well along the way, but not as much as I should have. I went through a rash of both leasing and financing "cool" cars--money that I wish I had saved. Luckily, I just sold my company, made some $$$, and so I have title to both my C63 and 997 twin turbo.

So what's my primary point--save your $$, keep digging your STI, keep focused on growing your business, and set a goal to buy your C63, Lambo, or whatever, with cash.

Don't worry about those spoiled trust fund kids. How can you blame them? Heck, if I had a pile of money from a trust fund, I'd be rollin' in as much bling as I could. There's nothing like hard work, entrepreneurialism, and some luck that gets you into your dream car that you bought with hard-earned cash. A trust fund of any size can't compete with that.

How dare you use rational thoughts on here! You should be ashamed of yourself!

Old 05-21-2009, 05:44 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by dan30252

How dare you use rational thoughts on here! You should be ashamed of yourself!

Too true anymore. I should slap myself...here I go...

Next time I think I'll join the flame bandwagon--much more fun--and this one was a winner.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by GBlansten
Thanks for the tip on the 2006 Chateau Bossuet Bordeaux Superier. Babs and I plan to open a few bottles this weekend in the Hamptons.
Don't forget to decant for 20 minutes before consuming it!
Old 05-21-2009, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman

Is it just my experience or did people not lose 30%+ in their 401k...maybe not the best idea?
Old 05-21-2009, 06:09 PM

STi

I know how you feel. I am in the same boat but I am in different career path than you ( don't have my company and I am a blue collar guy ) and I have a few less years to enjoy my future C63.
Like taylorcoleman said, save yourself some $ for a few years and get yourself a new, or used C63 at a bargain. It will worth the wait.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:11 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by chubbs032
Is it just my experience or did people not lose 30%+ in their 401k...maybe not the best idea?
Talking about taking present action in a 401k. Yeah, the 401k's are in the tank, but for me at least, have plenty of time to rebound.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:12 PM

C63 AMG
Bernie Madofff didn't! I think this thread is somewhere along the lines of "Bernie Territory" (C) 2009 Dan30252
Old 05-21-2009, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
Don't forget to decant for 20 minutes before consuming it!
I use the Vinturi wine aerator. Awesome.

Last edited by GBlansten; 05-21-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Not me. Wife got us out of the market last spring.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone interested in Co-leasing a C63?