Sponsored by:

Hi, I'm another C63 owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 11:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'09 C63 AMG
Hi, I'm another C63 owner

Just wanted to say hi to the C63 world. I bought my C63 last Thursday -- $55k, dealer paid off the lease on my old car, iridium silver/black, P2, multimedia -- and hoping not too many other people will take advantage of the sick discounts going on .

For the longest time I've had my sights set on an E90 M3, but realized at the 11th hour that the C63 is better on the streets as far as I can tell (ie more low end torque).

This machine is so smooth, meaty, muscular, sophisticated -- I am truly grateful to the powers that be (ie my wife, god) to be fortunate enough to be part of this fraternity of owners and to be able to enjoy this thing. It is rare to truly appreciate being lucky.

This week brings clear bra and 35% tints...

Couple of newb questions:
- is it possible to set the climate control to "dual" mode where the driver side setting is also the passenger side setting?
- I cannot get the garage door opener to program despite having done this many times on other cars and reading the instruction manual. Anyone w/ similar problems?
- I've heard of the atrocious tire wear and have noticed some people getting Good Year Eagle F1 all-seasons -- how bad is the performance loss w/ this change and are the all-seasons good enough in light snow for this rwd torque monster?

Anyway let me wipe this tear from my eye and offer up a pic:
Attached Thumbnails Hi, I'm another C63 owner-025.jpg  

Last edited by dockt; 08-03-2009 at 11:18 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by dockt
hoping not too many other people will take advantage of the sick discounts going on .

-- I am truly grateful to the powers that be (ie my wife, god) to be fortunate enough to be part of this fraternity of owners and to be able to enjoy this thing. It is rare to truly appreciate being lucky.
Welcome and ditto that!
Old 08-03-2009, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63
What kind of garage do you have? I forgot what it was called but the manual does say that I THINK it was called roll back? You have to program it a little different...same concept but a few more steps. If you see look at the manual it'll explain a little bit more. Sorry, I don't remember off the top of my head; did it a while back and never want to do it again.

BTW if memory serves I think for first time programming, you need to reset it by holding the very left button and the very right button.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You meant "rolling code." You need to program the buttons and then have the opener learn the programmed button.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63
Originally Posted by Sincity
You meant "rolling code." You need to program the buttons and then have the opener learn the programmed button.
YES!!!! That's the one....boy do I feel dumb
Old 08-04-2009, 07:42 AM

'09 C63 AMG
Yeah, I know how to do the rolling code thing. Problem is, I can't do the first step w/c is to program the button on the mirror. The light does not flash slow then fast per the manual -- it just flashes slow after I program it. I wonder if I should just skip that and go right to the rolling code instruction set?
Old 08-11-2009, 11:05 AM

'09 C63 AMG
hoping to get some more answers to my questions above. also, what is the P light switch position (all the way to the left) for? not much on this in the manual... thanks!
Old 08-11-2009, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
BMW, Tesla, Mercedes, Porsche, Cadillac
Parking lights...

Anyways, congrats on the C63!
Old 08-11-2009, 11:13 AM

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by QuadBenz
Parking lights...

Anyways, congrats on the C63!
thanks, the right or left side lights (or just the fogs) turn on in that position, right? lol, when would you use just parking lights? again, newb here .
Old 08-11-2009, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
thanks, the right or left side lights (or just the fogs) turn on in that position, right? lol, when would you use just parking lights? again, newb here .
IDK, but I just have my lights set to Auto with Daytime Running Lights on by default. Then, at night, I turn the lights on w/ the Fog Lights (which should be part of the Auto setting, imho, but it's not so I manually turn them on @ night). Enjoy your new C63 AMG!!!!

Last edited by sflgator; 08-11-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

Received 762 Likes on 741 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
welcome and congrats on ur new toy...
where u located?
Old 08-11-2009, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah, I know how to do the rolling code thing. Problem is, I can't do the first step w/c is to program the button on the mirror. The light does not flash slow then fast per the manual -- it just flashes slow after I program it. I wonder if I should just skip that and go right to the rolling code instruction set?
If it is a slow blink, that, I guess, would not be a "rolling code." For instance, my first button opens the community gate which is non-rolling and only blinks slowly when depressed. I would say all garage openers from the last 15 years are "rolling" type from my experience. Did you follow the directions to hold the outer Left and Right button to clear memory first?
Old 08-11-2009, 11:37 AM

'09 C63 AMG
thanks! profile update re: location!
Old 08-11-2009, 11:41 AM

'09 C63 AMG
If it is a slow blink, that, I guess, would not be a "rolling code." For instance, my first button opens the community gate which is non-rolling and only blinks slowly when depressed. I would say all garage openers from the last 15 years are "rolling" type from my experience. Did you follow the directions to hold the outer Left and Right button to clear memory first?
yes, definitely held the 1st and 3rd button at the same time per instructions for the first time. i also know my garage opener is rolling, but i haven't even gotten past just programming the buttons to the remote (at least as far as i can tell by the slow blinking light after i do it).

i'm thinking of asking the dealer what's up, but have very little confidence they could do anything from there. i know homelink used to have a 800 number to call up and they could walk you through it -- this one doesn't seem to be from that company though.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:36 PM

2007 E63 AMG
Congrats!!
Old 08-11-2009, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63
yes, definitely held the 1st and 3rd button at the same time per instructions for the first time. i also know my garage opener is rolling, but i haven't even gotten past just programming the buttons to the remote (at least as far as i can tell by the slow blinking light after i do it).

i'm thinking of asking the dealer what's up, but have very little confidence they could do anything from there. i know homelink used to have a 800 number to call up and they could walk you through it -- this one doesn't seem to be from that company though.
Maybe you got it? Because my garage is slow blinking but my apartment gate is fast blinking. Just something to consider. Also something to remember, on my garage I had to unlock the reciever or something for the garage so it would accept the signal. And there was a specific time where you had to get it saved or something. Sorry I don't really remember the process cuz it was hard.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

To program the garage opener, you press the LEARN button, and then get into your car and press and hold the assigned button for a second, release, and press it again for about a second.

Come to think of it, a non-rolling code doesn't blink and a rolling blinks?
Old 08-11-2009, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
Geez, it's actually very simple guys...

Just push the little (usually red) learning button on your garage door opener (main unit) and then run into your C63 with your garage door opener remote. Simultaneously push the garage door opener remote button and your car's HomeLink button you wish to use for that garage door; you may have to do this a couple of times back-to-back for the HomeLink button to "get" your garage door opener's rolling code. You should see the little HomeLink light flash quickly when it accepts the code. You need to complete this within 30 sec. or 1 minute or you will need to do the whole process over again. I hope that helps.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
I had my sights set on the new M3 for a long time as well. I made my choice over a year ago and have not been disappointed. Congrats! Be sure to tell the boys on M3post about your purchase they love hearing about the C63.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck
I had my sights set on the new M3 for a long time as well. I made my choice over a year ago and have not been disappointed. Congrats! Be sure to tell the boys on M3post about your purchase they love hearing about the C63.
ROFL

I've seen their response to your C63-decision. It's quite amusing, actually.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:49 PM

2009 C63 K1

For the longest time I've had my sights set on an E90 M3, but realized at the 11th hour that the C63 is better on the streets as far as I can tell (ie more low end torque).

- I've heard of the atrocious tire wear and have noticed some people getting Good Year Eagle F1 all-seasons -- how bad is the performance loss w/ this change and are the all-seasons good enough in light snow for this rwd torque monster?
Congrats on your purchase.

I chose C63 over M3 as well and would do it again.

I went with GoodYear Eagle F1 all-seasons and they actually are more sticky than those sucka$$ Pirelli's. They handle better and last longer...go figure. What I have noticed since replacing the fronts with the GY's is it rides rougher. So I may try a different brand next time.

Positives for GY F1 A/S vs. Pirelli's:

Cheaper
Better Grip/Performance
Lasts longer

Negative:

Rougher ride

Hope that helps.