Sponsored by:

how fast are police cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 12:09 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
no wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Police cars can catch anything.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 C32
You do this wrong. Police woman hot. Do not run away. Use 1st gear only to get caught. Heavy tint windows for private bangy-bangy.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:45 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
E550
Old 08-28-2009, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
So the car behind that's following too close is actually a police car. You try to lose him and he radios ahead. And then it turns out the car that blocks your way is also a police car!

Who woulda thunk it?
Old 08-28-2009, 01:51 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
O/P has to be biggest tool-shed to grace the C63 Forum, which is quite a crown.

I'd say sorry to spoil the party, but this will probably go over his head as well.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Aachen1989

In China, you don't even need to floor the car.

In china cities thers no way to drive fast and on the high ways government has the policy to not chase at all but block off all the highway exit.

I remember few years back there was this 760LI bmw going consistantly over 250 km perhour on chinese highway and was caught in the end but i am sure the guy got away with nothing

i mean if you drive a 76o in china then u are the kinda of guy who can get away with things
Old 08-28-2009, 09:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by dmyrick
i live in Alabama, a bunch of back woods hicks for law enforcement. No vipers around here. i don't think i have to worry about tickets anymore unless traffic backs me up. i will just run hard and take the nearest exit.
Wont Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane and Deputy Enos Strate be waiting for you at your secret hideout?

They may be hicks, but im sure they are just itching to shoot some dumbass for running from them.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by mbenz06
How ridiculously idiodic do your posts sound... Stop trying. For someone with 18k posts and a recently obtained license, you should try finding a new hobby or pick up a book.
Its Idiotic. Maybe you should learn to spell.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
I don't recomend trying to outrun the cops in a car, I have done it on motorcycles literally dozens of times, but comparing bikes to even the quickest and fastest cars is apples and oranges. Plus that was back in the days before every intersection had a camera and every cop car had a dash mount camera as well. Now they don't even pursue, they run the tape, get your plate number and show up at your home with a warrant. Bikes are small quick and nimmble, you can run them through an narrow alley, down a bike path or through a back yard if need be. Don't get caught up with the top speed, the likely hood of you being able to hit 170+ in a pursuit is slim, there are not enough open roads for it to happen, as Brenton already mentioned gearing and torque are the key, being able to get the initial pull to put some distance between you and the cop car, but that being said you still have to deal with the radio. You have to get it done and out of site in about a minute or less, becasue in this day and age cops are nver more than a minute or two apart it seems. Once there are two or more cops in the pursuit you are toast...and don't forget about air support, more and more county and city police have helicopters and planes in their force, most of these aircraft are armed with some very high tech video equipment, again, you are toast at this point.

All that being said I did outrun a cop in a car once, but there were consiquences, as to not incriminate myself I will not give any exact details, but it makes for an intersting story. I was heading to "a certain place" one evening (wee hours of the morning actually) traveling on a familar long stretch of 6 lane divided roadway (not an interstate, just a normal road) about 2 miles from said "place", traveling at about 110mph I noticed an police car that made the mistake of turning on his cherrys before I even passed him, evidentally he clocked me from way back there. So in a split second I think to myself " hell I'm doing over 100mph, he is going 0mph, at over 100mph I know I am traveling at over 150 feet per second, I know I have to make a right hand turn in approx 6/10ths of a mile, I know that I can make that turn before his squad car even reaches 80mph, I know that once I make the turn into a residential golf community that I know like the back of my hand with an array of twisty dark roads I will be safe....SO I FLOOR IT, everything goes as planned, I am pulling on the cop like it's a joke, he is becoming a small image in my mirrors, I am setting up for the 90 degree right hand turn that is quickly approaching, I am all the way in the left turning lane so I can make the turn with minimal braking and maximum entrance speed, I turn in, just as I do I notice the sprinkler system is turned on at the entrance of said residential golf community oh S&!T!! yep, car understeers (understatement) due to wet roads, car jumps divider meadian, POP, POP, BANG, SCRAPE, BANG, BANG, BOOM! Still level headed, I turn off head lights, and proceed to get away. Once I got the car home (how it made it I'll never know) upon inspection I managed to blow out two Run-Flats, literally broke in half two forged aluminum wheels, totalled to control arms, ripped off most of my exhaust system and my front bumper cover....moral of the story, I got very lucky, lucky I did not get caught and lucky I did not hurt or kill anyone. Fixing the car cost me thousands, I had a pretty clean driving record, probably would have been a few hundred dollar fine and a few points on my record had I just pulled over.

As much as I hate cops, don't run, you seldom win. Wadding up you $70k-$200k AMG is not worth it, going to jail is not worth it, I think it is now a felony in most places if you run, Felony = jail time.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:20 AM

2009 C63 AMG
This thread takes the cake so far -- absoluely the most useless, coupled with possibly the most dangerous discussion as it relates to the C63.

Recommendation to mods to delete thread.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by tyanger
Are you guys kidding?

Radio waves travel at the speed of light like all electromagnetic radiation.
I don't think C63s can travel faster than the speed of light no matter how highly modified. Unless you routinely drive around in a particle accelerator or quantum physics lab.

I wish they could, then I could travel through time.
Its a radio....not a flashlight!
Old 08-28-2009, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Originally Posted by Stiggs
Its a radio....not a flashlight!
Is it a European flashlight or an African flashlight? African flashlights aren't migratory.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by tyanger
-
Wow, you figured it out. You get a cookie. Now don't you feel special.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by GBlansten
Is it a European flashlight or an African flashlight? African flashlights aren't migratory.

But it could carry it if the African flashlights were traveling in pairs

Its a simple HP to weight ratio

Old 08-28-2009, 12:29 PM
MG
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
1998 E430; 2007 Porsche 911 C4S Cabriolet; 2011 Expedition EL Limited; 2014 E350 Estate
Is the C63 fast enough to break the bonds of gravity? If I put my AC on recirc so I have air to breathe, can I get all the way to the moon and back in it?
Old 08-28-2009, 12:31 PM

08 C300
Originally Posted by MikeS54
In china cities thers no way to drive fast and on the high ways government has the policy to not chase at all but block off all the highway exit.

I remember few years back there was this 760LI bmw going consistantly over 250 km perhour on chinese highway and was caught in the end but i am sure the guy got away with nothing

i mean if you drive a 76o in china then u are the kinda of guy who can get away with things
Yea.. you are right. some people who dare to drive fast on Chinese highways might have connections with the police or even their boss. They do not need to afraid about being caught.
So, right now i think they have the camera enforced to photo speedings. but not all places..that is suck
Old 08-28-2009, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 C55, 09 E350
Originally Posted by jrcart
I don't recomend trying to outrun the cops in a car, I have done it on motorcycles literally dozens of times, but comparing bikes to even the quickest and fastest cars is apples and oranges. Plus that was back in the days before every intersection had a camera and every cop car had a dash mount camera as well. Now they don't even pursue, they run the tape, get your plate number and show up at your home with a warrant. Bikes are small quick and nimmble, you can run them through an narrow alley, down a bike path or through a back yard if need be. Don't get caught up with the top speed, the likely hood of you being able to hit 170+ in a pursuit is slim, there are not enough open roads for it to happen, as Brenton already mentioned gearing and torque are the key, being able to get the initial pull to put some distance between you and the cop car, but that being said you still have to deal with the radio. You have to get it done and out of site in about a minute or less, becasue in this day and age cops are nver more than a minute or two apart it seems. Once there are two or more cops in the pursuit you are toast...and don't forget about air support, more and more county and city police have helicopters and planes in their force, most of these aircraft are armed with some very high tech video equipment, again, you are toast at this point.

All that being said I did outrun a cop in a car once, but there were consiquences, as to not incriminate myself I will not give any exact details, but it makes for an intersting story. I was heading to "a certain place" one evening (wee hours of the morning actually) traveling on a familar long stretch of 6 lane divided roadway (not an interstate, just a normal road) about 2 miles from said "place", traveling at about 110mph I noticed an police car that made the mistake of turning on his cherrys before I even passed him, evidentally he clocked me from way back there. So in a split second I think to myself " hell I'm doing over 100mph, he is going 0mph, at over 100mph I know I am traveling at over 150 feet per second, I know I have to make a right hand turn in approx 6/10ths of a mile, I know that I can make that turn before his squad car even reaches 80mph, I know that once I make the turn into a residential golf community that I know like the back of my hand with an array of twisty dark roads I will be safe....SO I FLOOR IT, everything goes as planned, I am pulling on the cop like it's a joke, he is becoming a small image in my mirrors, I am setting up for the 90 degree right hand turn that is quickly approaching, I am all the way in the left turning lane so I can make the turn with minimal braking and maximum entrance speed, I turn in, just as I do I notice the sprinkler system is turned on at the entrance of said residential golf community oh S&!T!! yep, car understeers (understatement) due to wet roads, car jumps divider meadian, POP, POP, BANG, SCRAPE, BANG, BANG, BOOM! Still level headed, I turn off head lights, and proceed to get away. Once I got the car home (how it made it I'll never know) upon inspection I managed to blow out two Run-Flats, literally broke in half two forged aluminum wheels, totalled to control arms, ripped off most of my exhaust system and my front bumper cover....moral of the story, I got very lucky, lucky I did not get caught and lucky I did not hurt or kill anyone. Fixing the car cost me thousands, I had a pretty clean driving record, probably would have been a few hundred dollar fine and a few points on my record had I just pulled over.

As much as I hate cops, don't run, you seldom win. Wadding up you $70k-$200k AMG is not worth it, going to jail is not worth it, I think it is now a felony in most places if you run, Felony = jail time.
Interesting story I had this happen to me before too I outran the cop but I never knew he was after me. I was doing 100+ on beach bl after being forced to work from 7 am to 2 am so I was pissed and wanted to get home. I was bookin down the street and finally came up to a stop light (big intersection) and was there for a while. The cop came up behind me and pulled me over. I was like WTF he pulled me over and just asked if I had any idea how fast I was going. I told him well officer you must have caught me a long ways ago because I haven't been speeding. He told me how long he had been chasing me for and I thought I was done for sure. I told him my sob story about my long day at work and he told me to drive slower and be safe! I couldn't believe it I shook the guys hand and thanked him numerous times. This was the first time a cop let me off the hook and the time I should have gotten the biggest ticket. He really changed my outlook on cops. I have never had a good run in with one in the past.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by jrcart
+1

You will also get tazed and possibly shot if you get caught. We have all seen these comando cops on youtube.

Pull over, get the ticket, get a lawyer. Couple hundred bucks later and your done hopefully with no points.

Nice rims Jcart in that pic.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:30 PM

2014 CTS-V (6spd, phantom grey), 2010 Cadillac Escalade ESV (black raven)
Originally Posted by propain
+1

You will also get tazed and possibly shot if you get caught. We have all seen these comando cops on youtube.

Pull over, get the ticket, get a lawyer. Couple hundred bucks later and your done hopefully with no points.

Nice rims Jcart in that pic.
It also depends which state you're in.
I'm not sure, but I believe in Jersey if caught going over 100mph, your car gets confiscated and you get arrested.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong...
Old 08-28-2009, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 561 Likes on 371 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. A normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop heart. Make the ba$tard chase you. He will follow. But he won't know what to make of your blinker signal that says you are about to turn right. This is to let him know you're pulling off for a proper place to talk. It will take him a moment to realize that he's about to make a 180 degree turn at speed, but you will be ready for it. Brace for the g's, and fast heel-toe work.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:21 AM

M-B GLE, Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche Boxster (spouse)
The police cars in use here may not outrun radio waves nor pursuit helicopters but they'll certainly hold their own in any road chase at a certified and respectable 300 km/hr. That's nearly 190 mph in Yank language.

Old 08-29-2009, 10:45 AM

'05 E55, '69 Chevelle
Old 08-29-2009, 11:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I DON'T COME HERE ANYMORE
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. A normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop heart. Make the ba$tard chase you. He will follow. But he won't know what to make of your blinker signal that says you are about to turn right. This is to let him know you're pulling off for a proper place to talk. It will take him a moment to realize that he's about to make a 180 degree turn at speed, but you will be ready for it. Brace for the g's, and fast heel-toe work.

I dont want it to end.....this is great.
And is the OP really commenting on his degree? I know guys with an art degree that dont ask this kind of thing

+1 on the buzz killer that quotes everything from the OT section on here-nice work. Tool.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Originally Posted by rockjock

I dont want it to end.....this is great.
And is the OP really commenting on his degree? I know guys with an art degree that dont ask this kind of thing

+1 on the buzz killer that quotes everything from the OT section on here-nice work. Tool.
That was Tyanger. He's a nice guy and has a good sense of humor.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
can u outrun the helicopter, u tart

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: how fast are police cars